Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Monogendered Races Procreation

Go down 
+12
French snack
Jasconius
Shady Knight
Pendragon
rcs619
aethernavale
Grave
TheLightLost
Slimetoad
Jætte_Troll
ZionAtriedes
Archmage_Bael
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

Monogendered Races Procreation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monogendered Races Procreation   Monogendered Races Procreation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 2:25 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
rcs619 wrote:
dragonjaj wrote:
You also forgit that they lay eggs (atlest i think they do) so one mateing could lead to 4 to 12 eggs depending on the breed.

Its probably closer to 1 or 2. Preds, for the most part, don't have massive amounts of kids.
But I thought you said that few predators made it to maturity, so wouldn't they lay more than one or two eggs?

Not many do make it to maturity. Keep in mind, this isn't a normal population. Preds live a long time, and don't die all that often. The birthrate is low, and the non-adult mortality rate is high. Only a relatively small handful make it to adulthood. By the time they do, the occaisional pred deaths out in the jungle balance out the population overall. Of course, even talking about a small handful is likely still encompassing thousands of preds. Felarya is big, and while preds are not everywhere, there are a decent amount of them.

This varies according to species, of course. Fairies and Harpies have it easy, since they can fly, and are almost always going to be raised by a parent and/or others of their kind.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Monogendered Races Procreation   Monogendered Races Procreation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 2:27 pm

I guess that makes sense then.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
dragonjaj
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
dragonjaj

PostSubject: Re: Monogendered Races Procreation   Monogendered Races Procreation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 4:43 pm

there size would also matter so human sized harpys would lay more eggs then giants like how condors lay 1 or 2 at a time and chickes lay dosens. so there place in the food chain facters in too.
Back to top Go down
http://dragonjaj.deviantart.com/
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Monogendered Races Procreation   Monogendered Races Procreation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 5:43 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
I, however, love aethernavale's idea that Harpies could enter a period of heat and seek mates. Actually, I'd love to see this apply to all predators since they are still beast hybrids and would balance out their sapience and instincts. And now it's time for a mental imagery: Yandere Harpy in heat.
they already exist
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Monogendered Races Procreation   Monogendered Races Procreation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 5:56 pm

I was thinking more on the lines of a regular Harpy who loves someone to the point of extreme and creepy obsession.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Monogendered Races Procreation   Monogendered Races Procreation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 6:13 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
I was thinking more on the lines of a regular Harpy who loves someone to the point of extreme and creepy obsession.
I could see this happening, sorta. Basically, some male (so probably Prey, what with the general rarity of Giant Predator male characters) impresses the Harpy to the point that they recognize "good genes" when they see 'em, and wants to have such for their own. Catch can work from there: Either the Genes are so damned good the person keeps winding up away from the Harpy before it can act, turns out we have a Flashman and much of the "damned good genes" are more related to luck and said male being in the right places at the right time (though they would most probably insist on being in the wrong places at the wrong time), or so on.

Dogged admiration for someone and wanting to have their babies isn't exactly something non-existent already (if it's generally seen as a mental instability). In a world wherein the strongest survive? "You, me, good strong babies. Now."

Of course, that also leaves room for a Harpy that has such admirations for people... but if they ever actually catch the sod they give up their quest for snu-snu as obviously the "good genes" weren't good enough. Which inevitably leads to the Harpy constantly being frustrated as the male refuses to acknowledge them as a potential mate, and those which do are practically always "caught" and thus obviously not suitable for said Harpy. "You followed me around this blasted place for thirteen years: Jungles, Plains, Mountains, Tundra... all of it. You finally get my attention... and you say you're not interested now?" "Hm, nnnnnnnnope."
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Monogendered Races Procreation   Monogendered Races Procreation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 6:48 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
Like Belletia and Léa lol!
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Monogendered Races Procreation   Monogendered Races Procreation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 6:54 pm

Uh, no. It's like a Harpy gets so obsessive about a giant Male Naga that it's all she talks about, she even make pictures and sculptures (if capable with her talons) of him, and gets creepily violent, read slasher villain, if anyone says something bad about him.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Monogendered Races Procreation   Monogendered Races Procreation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 5:07 am

Sean Okotami wrote:
Uh, no. It's like a Harpy gets so obsessive about a giant Male Naga that it's all she talks about, she even make pictures and sculptures (if capable with her talons) of him, and gets creepily violent, read slasher villain, if anyone says something bad about him.
I know I was just joking.
Back to top Go down
Grave
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
Grave

PostSubject: Re: Monogendered Races Procreation   Monogendered Races Procreation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 6:34 am

How often do Harpies bathe? I know some birds take dust baths in the absence of water, do Harpies do the same? Seems like relations could get a little.....grimy.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Monogendered Races Procreation   Monogendered Races Procreation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 9:14 am

Grave wrote:
How often do Harpies bathe? I know some birds take dust baths in the absence of water, do Harpies do the same? Seems like relations could get a little.....grimy.

I've heard that some harpies do that, and I could swear i've read stories pertaining to this very subject.

Usually it helps if the harpy mates with a guy who prefers living dirty as well.
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: Monogendered Races Procreation   Monogendered Races Procreation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 9:26 am

I'm pretty sure they bathe often. Then there's the rain which I'm sure counts as a shower. Either way, it's like I said earlier; relations with a predator seems gross at first but once you... well, let's just leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
dragonjaj
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
dragonjaj

PostSubject: Re: Monogendered Races Procreation   Monogendered Races Procreation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 11:42 am

Thats theing i wonuder do nekos or mut girs smell prediters befor they pounce cause sme of them got to be smelly i know snakes have a strong scent for sure. I'll never forgit that oder the one in the bacement had. Wasint bad but distinktive my sisters bird also had a strang scent. So it wouldent saprise me if some if not most preds had a surten smell you could probly track them by it. I know vivin would hasve a cent thats ez to track.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Monogendered Races Procreation   Monogendered Races Procreation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 12:41 pm

dragonjaj wrote:
There's thing I wonder, fo nekos or inu smell predators before they pounce 'cause some of the got to be smelly. I know snakes have a strong scent for sure. I'll never forget the odour the one in the basement had. Wasn't bad, just distinctive. My sister's bird also had a strange scent. So it wouldn't surprise me is some, even most predators had a scent you could track they by.
Yes and no. The reason the animals you encountered had a smell like that is because they were kept in a confined space where their scent could not escape and they could not really clean themselves.
If you put a human in a confined space for days the space will end up with a human scent.

You can track many things by their scent, that's why sniffer dogs and police dogs are used. They're trained to find things or people by their scent. Of course, in the jungle there are many different scents from all the inhabitants, so it's not easy.

Also, inu (dog hybrids) do not pounce. They do not hunt like cats.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
dragonjaj
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
dragonjaj

PostSubject: Re: Monogendered Races Procreation   Monogendered Races Procreation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 1:14 pm

i ment do they smell the prediter be forvit attacks them not them attacking.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Monogendered Races Procreation   Monogendered Races Procreation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 4:40 pm

When it comes well if the predator isn't very smart and approaches from upwind of them, yes. It depends on the hunting stle of the predator too. Not all preds are the ambush or stealth type.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monogendered Races Procreation   Monogendered Races Procreation - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monogendered Races Procreation
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2