Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vietnamness

Go down 
+2
The Rev
ravaging vixen
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ravaging vixen
ravaging vixen

Vietnamness Empty
PostSubject: Vietnamness   Vietnamness Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 8:25 pm

has anybody noticed that now that a few war games and new novels been released that everyone is hooked back to vietnam??? i find the whole thing weird, such as this:

and making 60's-70's music popular again...

Last edited by ravaging vixens on Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

Vietnamness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vietnamness   Vietnamness Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 10:50 am

Perhaps the new influx of war-based games has caused developers to seek less-hackneyed scenes for battle, as opposed to the more popular World War II type dealies.
Back to top Go down
Kai Leingod
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Kai Leingod

Vietnamness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vietnamness   Vietnamness Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 2:40 pm

I'm still waiting for them to do the folklands war but no love for our British heroes or sas or sbs.

Megh kidding Realy but all this war business to be Frank is boring I mean I know WW2 and Vietnam was horrid but still they are just looking to make the next thing they can hook people into buying so when Vietnam 2 comes out a year later only minor changes with new guns etc and patches the company can make a massive killing through sales.

But that's the retail world I guess going back to forza 3 to crash into people don't hold it against me.
Back to top Go down
Noonstar
Helpless prey
Noonstar

Vietnamness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vietnamness   Vietnamness Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 8:55 pm

You kids don't know nothin'. Back when I was in Nam, it was a different story.....

jk, jk. xD

Nah, I think the reason is that FPS games are like a cycle. The first half of this decade there were a few hundred WWI/WWII games released and everyone was playing one.

Then CoD4 came out and you saw an influx of more modern shooters, kind of in the Afghanistan/Iraq era. A lot of desert maps and a lot of scenarios with Islamic terrorists.

Now we have Black Ops, set in the 1960s, which is starting the new trend. No more predator drones, no more UAVs... nope, we're goin' back to Nam.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

Vietnamness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vietnamness   Vietnamness Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 12:37 am

Quote :
Now we have Black Ops, set in the 1960s, which is starting the new trend. No more predator drones, no more UAVs... nope, we're goin' back to Nam.
Trend? Just you wait for DUST 514. It's going to be amazing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Vietnamness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vietnamness   Vietnamness Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 3:44 am

'Mericans don't want to play in a War that they lost. [/joke]

Most probably, because it doesn't make quite for the same type of game experience like many other FPS'. 'Nam wasn't exactly the sterling example of conventional warfare.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vietnamness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vietnamness   Vietnamness Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vietnamness
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: General forums :: Off topic discussion-
Jump to: