Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Not all nagas are giant, right?

Go down 
+3
Anime-Junkie
rcs619
Militant-Prey
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Militant-Prey
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Militant-Prey

Not all nagas are giant, right? Empty
PostSubject: Not all nagas are giant, right?   Not all nagas are giant, right? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 9:54 pm

If I recall correctly, Karbo has mentioned the existence of naga tribes where the nagas are roughly human sized. Has anyone developed this idea any?
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Not all nagas are giant, right?   Not all nagas are giant, right? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:29 pm

Militant-Prey wrote:
If I recall correctly, Karbo has mentioned the existence of naga tribes where the nagas are roughly human sized. Has anyone developed this idea any?

There are actually many groups of human-sized hybrids. There are nagas, but you also get human-sized Dridders, Mermaids, Elves and Harpies as well. It has been hinted, although never officially confirmed, that these smaller hybrids actually greatly outnumber the giant varieties. Their larger relatives just tend to get more of the spotlight.

As for being developed as a group? Not really. You have a couple here and there (and even then, it seems like most human-sized naga characters wind up coming from offworld), but nothing significant from what I've seen. Like I mentioned before, the giant ones tend to hog the spotlight.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Not all nagas are giant, right?   Not all nagas are giant, right? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:29 pm

If someone is talking about a "naga" it is always assumed they are talking about human sized nagas.
If they are talking about "giant nagas" then obviously they are referring to the giant naga variant.

The Lydronite islands of Shatterock Caldera have humans and nagas living together.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Salvyrn
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Salvyrn

PostSubject: Re: Not all nagas are giant, right?   Not all nagas are giant, right? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:58 pm

I have several human sized nagas, so... well, yeah, I've developed this idea a ton. I guess most see them as giant nagas because that seemed to be the main trend; giant predators. I guess because they're so much smaller, people generally concentrate on them less, especially when most art/stories/ect. contain giant nagas and other similar creatures, like dridders, mermaids, and the like.
Back to top Go down
http://salvyrn.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Not all nagas are giant, right?   Not all nagas are giant, right? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 12:07 am

Yes, a smaller version of naga exists, though it isn't spoken of often.

The ones that can morph between human and snake form are special and are called Lamia.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Not all nagas are giant, right?   Not all nagas are giant, right? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 6:04 am

Pendragon wrote:
The ones that can morph between human and snake form are special and are called Lamia.
And apparently are all female.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Not all nagas are giant, right?   Not all nagas are giant, right? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 11:57 am

Anime-Junkie wrote:
Pendragon wrote:
And apparently are all female.

...and not a Felaryan race. The only Lamia I ever knew of was Flare's character, and she came from offworld.
Back to top Go down
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

PostSubject: Re: Not all nagas are giant, right?   Not all nagas are giant, right? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 3:48 pm

There was a Lamia in timing2's Galya portal story. Other than that, I don't recall anything.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Not all nagas are giant, right?   Not all nagas are giant, right? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 4:36 pm

Actually, there are human sized nagas all over Shatterock Caldera. Although it's not a canonized region, it's fleshed out pretty well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not all nagas are giant, right?   Not all nagas are giant, right? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not all nagas are giant, right?
Page 1 of 1