Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Digital Fairies

Go down 
+10
Kai Leingod
Jætte_Troll
Archmage_Bael
EdgedWeapon
Pendragon
gwadahunter2222
Militant-Prey
Anime-Junkie
Shady Knight
Grave
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

Digital Fairies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digital Fairies   Digital Fairies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 5:59 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
Jætte_Troll wrote:
What if digital fairies are an entirely computer based, non voracious race? No, wait, that would be craaaaazy.

It seems most likely that a being living in a computer network built by humans would be designed by humans too. I do think though it would be an interesting mix of technology and magic, an important part of Felarya.

They could eat computer virii and bugs. Razz

Hehe, yeah. I mean, some would be nasty if they were designed for that. I sort of like the idea. On Felarya you don't download anti-virus software. That's too goddamn straightforwards. XD
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Kai Leingod
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Kai Leingod

PostSubject: Re: Digital Fairies   Digital Fairies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 1:19 am

There was a interesting discovery at ENCOM a few years back. By using a laser they could digitise objects, and human beings into the computer realm.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
EdgedWeapon
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
EdgedWeapon

PostSubject: Re: Digital Fairies   Digital Fairies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 2:33 pm

What if the fairies like, went on chatrooms or MMORPG's and played with the humans? They'd probably make a few friends, who they'd then tell all the other fairies not to eat (or something). And if a human let them live in their computer, then they might eat the viurses that attacked the computer and stop hackers from stealing the human's opersonal information?
Back to top Go down
EdgedWeapon
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
EdgedWeapon

PostSubject: Re: Digital Fairies   Digital Fairies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 2:36 pm

Just had a thought - a digital fairy pop-up blocker! XD
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Digital Fairies   Digital Fairies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 2:36 pm

EdgedWeapon wrote:
What if the fairies like, went on chatrooms or MMORPG's and played with the humans? They'd probably make a few friends, who they'd then tell all the other fairies not to eat (or something). And if a human let them live in their computer, then they might eat the viurses that attacked the computer and stop hackers from stealing the human's opersonal information?
Or they'd ninja loot you.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Grave
Marauder of the deep jungle
Grave

PostSubject: Re: Digital Fairies   Digital Fairies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 5:42 pm

Hehehe.....

Would be funny if an anti virus program became a digital fairy, not just hunting down viruses, but then seeking out the person who wrote the damn thing to eat them!

I can see it now! Nortina and Aveegee.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Digital Fairies   Digital Fairies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 1:43 am

I find that idea really interesting Razz

I especially like the part about the having a personnality derived from the type of program they come from. So many gags to have there Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Digital Fairies   Digital Fairies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 2:06 am

If it's okay, I might possibly use this idea in a future story. It has SO much potential.

I know a certain character who would enjoy the company of a digital fairy.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Digital Fairies   Digital Fairies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 2:24 am

Grave wrote:
Hehehe.....

Would be funny if an anti virus program became a digital fairy, not just hunting down viruses, but then seeking out the person who wrote the damn thing to eat them!

I can see it now! Nortina and Aveegee.

Avasta would be the most powerful though. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Digital Fairies   Digital Fairies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 2:41 am

Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
tkh1304
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
tkh1304

PostSubject: Re: Digital Fairies   Digital Fairies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 5:11 am

Maybe some genius programmers have created a program called Fairy.exe with customizable personality and functions. They released it open-source, so everyone can make their own digital fairy, until some bad dudes decided to turn these "fairy" into virus, trojan, adware... leads to the birth of their counter-part like "AFF" (Anti-Fairy Fairy) XD

Sound like Megaman Battle Network to me though, lol ^^
Back to top Go down
http://tkh1304.deviantart.com
EdgedWeapon
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
EdgedWeapon

PostSubject: Re: Digital Fairies   Digital Fairies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 12:01 pm

Yes, just remember, any fairy named Microsofia needs to be extremely unreliable, and any fairy named Macilda won't play well with other digital fairies.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Digital Fairies   Digital Fairies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 12:05 pm

EdgedWeapon wrote:
Yes, just remember, any fairy named Microsofia needs to be extremely unreliable, and any fairy named Macilda won't play well with other digital fairies.
Hey now, Macs connect with other systems better than windows does.

I'd say that Microsofia would be all pretty looking but unable to do that much for all her show.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Digital Fairies   Digital Fairies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 12:52 pm

I see Microsofia as blue with white letters all over her.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Kai Leingod
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Kai Leingod

PostSubject: Re: Digital Fairies   Digital Fairies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 1:09 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
I see Microsofia as blue with white letters all over her.

Thats a low blow if I ever saw one.

What about Linux? Always has to learn the hard way.
Back to top Go down
ravaging vixen
ravaging vixen

PostSubject: Re: Digital Fairies   Digital Fairies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 1:17 pm

ha ha ha now this curiates me. if these fairies learn entirely by computer programs and such and affects their personality. I could imagine some being awesome dancing to Soulja boy and such for people who have a crap load of music on their computer (such as my roomie) lol what a delight I would like to see Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kai Leingod
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Kai Leingod

PostSubject: Re: Digital Fairies   Digital Fairies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 2:18 pm

ravaging vixens wrote:
ha ha ha now this curiates me. if these fairies learn entirely by computer programs and such and affects their personality. I could imagine some being awesome dancing to Soulja boy and such for people who have a crap load of music on their computer (such as my roomie) lol what a delight I would like to see Laughing

Now that's awesome I imagine the fairy to come out of my pc to be a hardcore general considering the amount of rts's I have on the pc. Maybe mine would produce more than one considdering my windows vista pc has 500 gb's of games music videos… and other material XP

Yeah…

Considering I have not had any trouble doing anything with vista I don't think the fairy would be hampered in any way. XD food for thought
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: Digital Fairies   Digital Fairies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 2:21 pm

Makes me wonder what, say, a video file of Surprise Kitty would create.

While I like the idea, I just can't see them in Felarya. Apart from a few human strongholds, I just don't think technology is widespread enough in Felarya for these to really exist outside of a few off-world immigrants.
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
ravaging vixen
ravaging vixen

PostSubject: Re: Digital Fairies   Digital Fairies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 2:28 pm

AisuKaiko wrote:

While I like the idea, I just can't see them in Felarya. Apart from a few human strongholds, I just don't think technology is widespread enough in Felarya for these to really exist outside of a few off-world immigrants.

the prevelence isn't why they would be wanting to be there. its why they would want to be there like any other predator. food and interest in their own little habits, apart from what we know, there's still cities and stuff that are a wider brand than the current big one negav (yet to be discovered or made) plus its appropriate with such probability felarya has for drawing in multiple life to find one.
Back to top Go down
Grave
Grave

PostSubject: Re: Digital Fairies   Digital Fairies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 2:30 pm

AisuKaiko wrote:

Noone said they had to be a widespread race. I personally like the idea of their activity in Felarya being limited, as such the technology scarceness limits them.

I see the idea more of a "how something in Felarya affected everything else phenomenon".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Digital Fairies   Digital Fairies - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Digital Fairies
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2