Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?

Go down 
+2
Mortis
buddha66667
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Kai Leingod
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Kai Leingod

That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 9:49 pm

"I would hate to rain on your parade, but what about the predatory plants." Aeos didn't like the plants in this world, most of them bit back when he took samples. Tugging at his sleeve he pulled out a wand, which looked very much like a stick from an old tree.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 11:28 pm

(Seriously considering joining this, You need to stick to one tense though buddha, preferably past tense).
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 4:38 am

Mort ignored John and drew his sword. He picked up the pace and sprinted in the direction of the cave. This was the perfect opportunity to get ahead and arrive at the cave first. If he got there first, there would be no need to kill his companions. The naga was definitely a problem but the foolish adventurers should distract it long enough for him to get by.

Mort crashed through the bushes and plants in his desperation, leaving an easy to follow trail of destruction in his wake.
Back to top Go down
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 4:44 am

Anime-Junkie wrote:
(Seriously considering joining this,

(Well I hope you do decide to join the more the merrier.)
Anime-Junkie wrote:
You need to stick to one tense though buddha, preferably past tense).
(I’ll try to keep this in mind when posting.)
“Don’t worry about the plants I can handle them” John responded. “I don’t plan on having to fight just hiding until the naga has had its fill.”
“John can I” Rhoswen started.
“No not yet” John knew what she meant but the last thing he needed was someone seeing her for what she really was.
Watching as Mort ran off in the other direction he continued running to the other forest. If Mort wanted to get himself killed then that was his problem.

The naga burst out from the trees her scales and hair where as green as the leaves. She stood well over 80feet tall (25m).She had a certain satisfied look on her face. With a small smile on her face she swallowed and a budge traveled down her throat into her stomach. Looking at the human (Mort) running in her direction she licked her lips and thought to herself, “A willing meal Smile”. Her massive hand reached down for Mort.
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 4:59 am

When the Naga appeared, Mort's blood ran cold. She had dispatched all the adventurers with ease and now her eyes locked onto him. Her gigantic hand slowly approached him. Mort sheathed his sword and put both his hands out, fingers pointing towards the Naga.

"HHHHRRRAGGGHHHH!!!" A storm of jet black lightning erupted from his fingertips striking her hand repeatedly.

Mort cursed his foolishness. He had abandoned his companions and now he was stuck fighting a Naga alone. Escape was no longer an option. Things seemed grim. Despite this he barred his teeth and kept the lightning storm going. He was going to make the Naga work for its meal.
Back to top Go down
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 10:04 am

The nagas pulled her hand back as the black lightning hit it. “Why couldn’t these creatures ever just accept that they were a meal? And a tasty one at that” the naga thought to herself. Looking to a group of adventurers who had started to open fire on her with pistols she licked her lips. Her long serpentine tail coiled around Mort and the unfortunate adventures. She looked at the large catch she had made. “Hmmmm now which one to eat first” she said her hand reached down and pulled up an unfortunate neko. The neko continued to pull the trigger of the pistol but nothing was happening. Tilting her head back she dropped the unfortunate neko in. As the lightning continued to hit her she sat there although it was uncomfortable it was not unbearable. “Sooner or later the man’s power would run out” she thought but until then she would snack on the others maybe if the man was lucky she would be full by then and let him go.
Back to top Go down
Kai Leingod
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Kai Leingod

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 2:52 am

Aeos continued to run with the 2 strangers, he could just make out the sound of battle through the thick trees. Unfortunately he considered survival a priority, he grabbed hold of a potion from his bag just in case. It looked perfectly clear like water, but had a charm of protection protecting the bottle. "So where are we going? other than into these unknown woods."
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 3:17 am

Mort cursed as the naga's tail cut off all hope of retreat. His lightning didn't seem to be doing too much and so, he dropped his hands and fell to his kness.

"DAMN IT DAMN IT DAMN IT" He screamed, slamming his fist into the ground. Looking up at the naga's greedy face, and then at the frightened adventurers, Mort had only one logical choice. He jumped to his feet and dashed over to the petrified people. Their faces were vacant, clearly they had lost all hope. Throwing his morals to the wind, he ran up and drained all of their lifeforces two at a time. Even as they watched their comrades slump to the floor the others didn't even move when Mort approached them.

And then finally, he was finished. Surrounded by dead bodies, he fell to his knees once again. But this time he let out a demonic roar of rage that seemed to make the ground tremble in fear. He slowly got to his feet and looked up. One of his own eyes, the red one, glowed brightly. Locking eyes with the confused naga, he arrogantly folded his arms. And shot her a wicked smile.
Back to top Go down
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 3:42 am

“Anywhere that takes us off the lunch menu” John replied.

“What about Mort?” Roswen asked John

“If he gets eaten then that’s his problem. He shouldn’t have ran off. ”

“So you’re going to let him get eaten then? Well I’m not.” Rhoswen broke free of Johns grasp and started to run back toward Mort. John might not have cared for him but she found him interesting with his whole hetero thing.

“No wait” it was no use John knew Rhoswen wouldn’t stop once she got something in that thick head of hers.

Hearing Mort’s roar Rhoswen ended the illusion that she had been putting on. Her dress disappeared and a pair of translucent blue dragonfly wing was now visible. Shrinking herself down she was now only 6in tall (15cm). Flying as fast as her wings would take her she flew toward the naga.

“Well here’s as good a place as any” John said to Aeos. John scattered some seeds on the ground around the two of them. As he focused his magic into them they began to grow. Large thorny vines grew from the ground forming a shelter around the two of them. “Try not to get cut” John told Aeos “I don’t feel like having to drag you around.”

The naga watched confused as the bodies fell to the ground. “What was happening” she thought to herself “where that dead or just unconscious?” Her hand came down and let a single finger rest on one of the men’s chests. Feeling for the signs of breath she found none. “What’d you do that for” she asked Mort still not finding him a threat. He was simply too small to be one she thought to herself. She rested her elbows on the ground and rested her head on her hands looking down at Mort. Licking her lips “You know I only eat living food right?”
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 3:47 am

"Yes I do know that" Urael replied "Which is exactly why I killed them. I did them a favour."

Urael continued to smile cockily at the naga and made no attempt to run.

"Tell me, how old are you? Reptiles have remarkably long lives do they not?"
Back to top Go down
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 4:30 am

“That wasn’t very nice. They were going to be part of my lunch too” she said with a disappointed look on her face. “Yes we do live long live but don’t you know it’s not nice to ask a lady her age.” The naga watched Mort curiously “Well will you at least let me eat you or are you going to kill yourself and make me find something else to eat.”
Back to top Go down
Kai Leingod
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Kai Leingod

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 5:49 am

Aeos looked at the walls, "So tell me are you a druid?" He had a close affinity to plants he was no druid, but his life working with plants had given him a great understanding of such things. He held the potion ready, keeping himself ready for anything that might happen.
Back to top Go down
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 6:12 am

“I suppose you could call me a druid” John replied. Looking to the way Aeos was griping the bottle, “Don’t worry Aeos this plant is poisonous nothing is going to get in here unless I let it.” John had a slightly worried look on his face, “I hope Rhoswen will be alright” he thought to himself. She may not be strong but she’s tricky he reinsured himself.
Back to top Go down
Kai Leingod
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Kai Leingod

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 6:23 am

"I wouldnt worry to much about the illusionist, her magic was too strong for me to see her trueform." Aeos sat down cautiously watching John. "You keep interesting compony" He spoke calmly, speaking with an older wisdom, he set the potion down in front of him holding his wand ready.
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 6:37 am

"Oh you are hungry?" Inquired Urael with a fake look of concern. "Well allow me to whip you something up"

He calmly unsheathed his sword and pointed it directly at the naga. Dark lightning crackled around the blade as a small ball of black grew at the tip. Within seconds the ball was easily 30ft long and wide. Urael cackled maniacly.

"You want something to eat do you! Well consider this the first, and last time you taste the exquisite taste... OF DEATH!!"

A massive beam of pure demonic wrath shot out from the ball and rocketed towards the naga. The trees shook and the ground quaked when the terrible attack hit its target. Her scream could be heard from miles around.
Back to top Go down
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 7:18 am

“Better someone who is interesting then boring” John said with a slight smile on his face.

As the ball of demonic energy grows the nagas expression changes from curiosity to one of concern diving down to the ground the beam travels across her back. A pained look fills her face as she lets out a cry. Her tail uncoils from around mort and she lies there still alive but in excruciating pain trying to comfort herself. It’s obvious to all that she’s done.

The tiny Rhoswen finally reaching Mort hovers close to him, “What…What Happened?” From the exprecion on her face you could tell she didn’t know what to think. Her eyes look around first at Mort, the naga and then finally at the bodies on the ground.

John waved his hand at the wall an opening formed large enough for him to fit through. John didn’t like the feeling he was getting and the dark beam that he had scene. Running in the direction of Mort and the now unconscious naga he slid his hand into one of his pouches preparing for a fight if necessary.
Back to top Go down
Kai Leingod
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Kai Leingod

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 7:33 am

Aeos picked up the bottle, throwing it against the wall shattering. It smoked releasing the molecular acid within, picking up another bottle he drank from it, it looked black not natural. With this he would be ready for almost anything, walking towards where he sensed the dark energies he readied himself for a fight. "Sorry sir, duty calls I have to fight. Balance must be maintained."
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 11:48 am

"Impressive" said Urael aloud to himself. If that had been a direct hit the naga would have been a goner for sure. He noticed the tiny fairy fly up to him and ask what happened.

"I happened, little miss. You see, this foolish naga got it into her head that I was to be her next meal." His firey crimson eye stared deep into Rhoswen's tiny eyes. "You aren't going to make the same mistake are you?"

He walked up to the huge unconcious naga and tutted. "Now what am I to do with you?" He asked himself "I know, you can compensate me for my delayed arrival to the cave." Putting a hand on the giant predator, Urael began to drain her lifeforce. While he was doing this, he saw John and Aeos enter the clearing.

"Greetings gentlemen!" He welcomed them. "Anyone fancy a side of Naga? A most delectable meat I must say."
Back to top Go down
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 12:20 pm

Rhoswen didn’t know what to think she looked between the naga and Mort. The way he was looking at her seemed to fill her with fear. She flew backwards and changed herself to her human size. She kneeled to the ground and started to examine one of the men on the ground. “What…What happened to him?” Her voice was quivering.

John walked into the clearing with Mort around his right hand was a substance that resembles bark and it was covered with thorns and his eyes were letting off a soft green glow.“No I don’t fancy a side of naga” John spat back. John could still see the creature breathing but it was slow and labored and the men lying on the ground. “Why don’t we just leave her here and go to the cave. No need to kill her she’s finished anyway.”

Some of the other adventurers had begun to make their way out of the woods starring at Mort, the naga, and the Rhoswen in her true form.
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 12:36 pm

"You want to let her live?" Asked Urael with an amused look on his face. He took his hand off the naga. "So be it. You want to let her go? Thats fine. Just remember, for any of her future victims the blood will be on YOUR hands my foolish friend."

He sheathed his sword and turned towards the cave, walking at a brisk pace. "I don't have time to debate things with a fool all day" He shouted "My time grows short and in that time I must aquire something of great importance to me."

He stopped just before he entered the woods and said: "Oh and as for the dead adventurers. I killed them. Give my thanks to their families, they played a huge part in the naga's downfall. I might even send them a naga steak wrapped in its own scales as a thank you present." He burst into laughter and walked on into the woods, out of sight.
Back to top Go down
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 12:54 pm

“You think of me as foolish. Well then maybe I am because I don’t take a life as quickly as you do. But you’re a coward. You admit to taking the lives of those poor men to save your own.” As Mort enters the woods John raises his hand up the foliage grows and forms a wall blocking Mort off, “I’m not done talking yet!” John started walking over to Mort. “It may not be a crime to kill or injure a naga but I’m certain it is to kill them.” His left arm pointed in the direction of the men Mort had killed.
Rhoswen sat there frozen. She wasn’t sure what to do she had thought Mort had been a good person but how he was acting seemed anything but.
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 2:02 pm

Urael sighed and walked back towards John. "Now you listen to me you incredibly nieve idiotic mortal! You call ME a coward when you run off into the woods rather than fight your adversary? I should teach you the meaning of fear! And then I will show everyone here that I.. that I" Urael collapsed onto the ground and coughed violently. "Bah! Thanks to you and your precious naga, I will.... I.. wi.. damn...it"

He passed out cold on the floor, twitching occasionally. Urael got a little carried away during his argument and let his gaurd down. Mort used this opportunity to regain control. Unfortunately, the massive decrease of power could sometimes temporarily make his body shut down for a while.

Last edited by Mortis on Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 8:48 pm

Johns gaze fell on Mort’s unconscious body. He knelt down, “I ran because of two things Mort. One so I wouldn’t be lunch and two because fighting only leads to pain. You seem to look for a fight and all you are doing is hurting yourself and those around you.” John lifted the Mort’s body over his shoulder and stood up. “Excuse me I’m going to find a Dryad.” John started off into the woods Morts body over his shoulder. “Oh and Rhoswen make sure no one tries to do something stupid with the naga.”
Rhoswen just nodded her head in understanding.
“Oh and Aeos make sure no one tries to do something stupid with Rhoswen. ”
Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 3:34 pm

Mort dreamed he was back in Negav, safe from the outside world. He walked down the street and breathed in city air. It felt great to be safe.

But suddenly, the ground started shaking violently. The houses and shops crumbled and fire rained from the sky. And then Urael was there, seemingly out of nowwhere. He looked exactly the same as Mort, except for the glowing red eye and the demonic undertone in his voice. Urael screamed at him, making the ground shudder even more.

"YOU INSOLENT MORTAL! WHY DID YOU TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR BODY FROM ME?? COULDN'T YOU SEE I WAS GOING TO GET THE ARTIFACT!?"

Mort trembled as he replied. "You would have killed John, Rhoswen and Aeos. I couldn't let you do that."

"You fool!" Growled Urael "That artifact could have given you answers and given me power! We both would have achieved our goals had you not interfeared. I'd say the end more than justifies the means!"

He took a deep breath and sighed. "Consider yourself lucky Mortis. You only managed to regain control because I let my gaurd down during my argument with John. I won't let it happen again."

Negav faded into darkness, and soon all was gone. Mort didn't have any other dreams during his sleep.

Back to top Go down
Mortis
Great warrior
Great warrior
Mortis

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 7:49 am

(Sorry for being impatient but where are you Kai? Its been ages since you posted. Sorry again for the impatience but every RP I've ever been in has died halfway through and I'll be damned if I let this one die too!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?   That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That which lurks in the shadows glows the brightest?
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next