Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Riding the Rift

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

Riding the Rift Empty
PostSubject: Riding the Rift   Riding the Rift Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 8:06 am

A story I started thinking up when I got writer's block over Christmas.

---

A lone man walked through the Felarya forest, looking at a large building on an island in the center of a lake. He appeared to be in his late 30's, although his hair was already gray. He had the subtle hint of a beard growing, although that, too, was gray.

He had a slight shine, although it could have been a trick of the moonlight. He carried a small yellow block with black spots shaped like capsules by strapping it to his back. He also wore a triangle shaped black hat with white trim.

"Well this is a great place to have ended up," he said to no one but himself. His voice was somewhat deep and slightly snappish. He seemed completely unfazed by and unfocused on his surroundings, yet aware of everything around him. "Looks like that ruin over there is a dungeon of some sort. Sounds like fun," he stated.

He circled around the lake until he found a "bridge". In reality, it was just an abnormally long log split into a pathway connecting the two banks. He walked across the log as quickly, lightly, and easily as he would any other terrain. After a minute, he stopped, stood in place for a moment, and jumped several feet into the air. Just then, a large wave of water went right over the spot he had been standing. He cleared the water by 6 inches, landed easily, and continued walking. "Simple hunting tactic, but effective. I'll give'er that."

As he stood in front of the entrance, he could gather it was temple, most likely a tomb of some sort, give its location and the warning writen over the entrance.

"This temple is so...mysterious. Can't wait to see what traps await!" Just then, the moonlight fully illuminated his face. His blue and yellow eyes were full of determination.
---
The intro to a story for a character I made a while back. Let me know what you think.

Last edited by sparkythechu on Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Continuity)
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BoltAscendent
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

Riding the Rift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riding the Rift   Riding the Rift Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 7:36 am

Ch.1: The Temple: Part 1

The man walked through the entrance. He quickly scanned the room, searching for traps. He then took a slower, but still brief, look around, noting the layout of the room. After a minute, he started to walk down the "hallway".

"This place is way too big. I'd just about bet my life that something giant lives in here," he muttered under his breath to himself. "I just hope that I won't run into it. Cause, you know, that would suck."

As he came to a split path, the fourth one so far, he notice something strange. "What the? That wall is messed up! It looks like someone was lazy and copied that part of the wall." He pointed at one section. "And pasted it over there." He pointed at the strange section next to it. "No fucking way am I going through that hall. I'll get killed by something for sure." He walked down the other path instead.

Ten minutes later, he was in front of a sight that would leave most humans running and/or screaming in terror. What could cause such terror in a human? Why, none other than a giant pred, and a sucubus at that. The man, however, calmly stood his ground.

"Damn, I was right. And a sucubus at that. Man, sucubi here are huge. That figures," he cursed to himself.
"What are mumbling about? Why aren't you consumed by terror? Do you know who I am? I am the great and terrible Kezix! Do you know what I'm going to do to you?"
"Wow, sucubi here are long-winded," he thought. "Kezix, actually, I do know what you plan to do to me, it's just that your not scary."
"HOW DARE YOU! You little maggot! I'll send you to hell and then be waiting to kill you again!"
"Now, you see," he said, grabbing the block onn his back and swinging it in front of him. "I can't let you do that."
---
Part 1 of Chapter 1 is done. Tell me what you think.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Riding the Rift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riding the Rift   Riding the Rift Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 9:55 am

Mhh he looks very sure of himself here ^^
I'm curious what will happens next Razz
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

Riding the Rift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riding the Rift   Riding the Rift Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 7:38 am

Ok, believe it or not, I AM planing to continue this, I've just been having a massive writers block that killed all of my inspiration. However, it has finally gone away, so I should add more soon.
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

Riding the Rift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riding the Rift   Riding the Rift Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 7:25 pm

It happens. Glad to see it's clearing up.
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

Riding the Rift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riding the Rift   Riding the Rift Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 7:09 am

Yeah, when I get write's block, it's usually more like a 100 foot boulder roughly shaped like a cube. It's horrible, but now it's gone, so I just gotta write it. Easier said than done, since I forgot where I was going to take it. Oh well, time for a new random direction.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Riding the Rift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riding the Rift   Riding the Rift Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Riding the Rift
Page 1 of 1