Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2011 - Off to a great start.

Go down 
+8
Pendragon
Karbo
ZionAtriedes
Militant-Prey
Malahite
AisuKaiko
Shady Knight
aethernavale
12 posters
AuthorMessage
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

2011 - Off to a great start. Empty
PostSubject: 2011 - Off to a great start.   2011 - Off to a great start. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 3:45 pm

Warning - Rant Post.

So far in the wonderful country of America we've had two major shootings, one of which is likely politically motivated (and if its not they'll still make it that way), an international incident, and the captain of the Enterprise and several officers have been removed of command for (really stupid) movies that are several years old [and seriously, this is why we have Tube Daze. WTF were they thinkin', making such shoddy crap in the first place?].

And don't even get me started on that silly crap with the birds and other animals - media sensationalism at its best. This is not the first year those things have happened, nor will it be the last. Society's short term memory is getting shorter with every passing year. Oh yeah, and now the end of the world has been moved up to May of this year.

Have I left anything out? I'm sure I have. Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.

Maybe we're just getting everything out of our systems early?
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: 2011 - Off to a great start.   2011 - Off to a great start. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 3:54 pm

This is why I usually don't care about what happens to the world. Often it's a lot stupidity that shouldn't have happened, but don't really affect me. Saves me a lot of frustration.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: 2011 - Off to a great start.   2011 - Off to a great start. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 6:15 pm

Yeah, I am feeling rather sick over the shooting that occurred in Arizona, but as badly as I feel the urge, I won't use it as an excuse to take the political soapbox again. All I will say is that I hope he spends the rest of his life in jail for this. It's inexcusable and... gah...
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: 2011 - Off to a great start.   2011 - Off to a great start. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 11:40 am

On the plus side, we figured out why the Bees were droppin' a few years back.

Apparently, we (US and many other nations) bought pesticides we knew weren't properly tested, but said "Sod it" and used it anyways.

We also have a person trying to make a sentient AI in Second Life, but the only possible negative repercussions are that Skynet's Terminators now look like hyper-dragons and faux-angels.
Back to top Go down
Militant-Prey
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Militant-Prey

PostSubject: Re: 2011 - Off to a great start.   2011 - Off to a great start. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 11:42 pm

Frankly, in order to avoid conflict on this forum...I generally prefer we do not discuss real life topics. If it gets out of hand, I would prefer to see the thread locked. That being said, yes I am quite aware of those aforementioned events. It is why I avoid politics, except when dealing with them as abstract ideas.
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: 2011 - Off to a great start.   2011 - Off to a great start. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 12:24 am

CONTROVERSIAL RANT ALERT:

aethernavale wrote:
the captain of the Enterprise and several officers have been removed of command for (really stupid) movies that are several years old
Explain to me why civilians even feel the need to get involved with such matters. As if they know what it's like to live for someone other than themselves? It was a captain trying to keep the morale of his sailors up. If any of them had really had a problem with it, there are ways to make such complaints known. That's why they stopped in the first place. Some civvie (probably female) just got wind of it years later and got a hair up their ass, and the weak-willed politician-wannabe brass just pinned themselves a scapegoat. I was disgusted to hear that even a Marine colonel was going along with the nay-saying. I've lost a good deal of faith in one of the last few systems in this country that was worth a shit, the U.S. military.

As for the shooting, that shit has no excuse. I've got my share of issues with politicians, and sure as hell I'd like to see a few shot and dumped into the dirtiest gutter around. But going into a town hall meeting and shooting wantonly is terrorism. Terrorism, plain and simple. Although, frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a setup engineered by The Powers That Be to further paint us revolutionaries as right-wing nutjob terrorists, just like the Pentagon shooting and that "Christian militia" they apprehended.
Back to top Go down
Militant-Prey
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Militant-Prey

PostSubject: Re: 2011 - Off to a great start.   2011 - Off to a great start. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 12:26 am

ZionAtriedes wrote:
CONTROVERSIAL RANT ALERT:

aethernavale wrote:
the captain of the Enterprise and several officers have been removed of command for (really stupid) movies that are several years old
Explain to me why civilians even feel the need to get involved with such matters. As if they know what it's like to live for someone other than themselves? It was a captain trying to keep the morale of his sailors up. If any of them had really had a problem with it, there are ways to make such complaints known. That's why they stopped in the first place. Some civvie (probably female) just got wind of it years later and got a hair up their ass, and the weak-willed politician-wannabe brass just pinned themselves a scapegoat. I was disgusted to hear that even a Marine colonel was going along with the nay-saying. I've lost a good deal of faith in one of the last few systems in this country that was worth a shit, the U.S. military.

As for the shooting, that shit has no excuse. I've got my share of issues with politicians, and sure as hell I'd like to see a few shot and dumped into the dirtiest gutter around. But going into a town hall meeting and shooting wantonly is terrorism. Terrorism, plain and simple. Although, frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a setup engineered by The Powers That Be to further paint us revolutionaries as right-wing nutjob terrorists, just like the Pentagon shooting and that "Christian militia" they apprehended.
Zion...that's enough. You're making a fool of yourself.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: 2011 - Off to a great start.   2011 - Off to a great start. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 2:08 am

Ok I'd rather prefer we don't discuss politics or religion in this forum.
those two subject have an history of going quickly out of hand, more than anything else I can think off. Especially in those troubled times where passions are running very high and rationnality is thrown out of the window.
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Militant-Prey
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Militant-Prey

PostSubject: Re: 2011 - Off to a great start.   2011 - Off to a great start. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 3:06 am

Karbo wrote:
Ok I'd rather prefer we don't discuss politics or religion in this forum.
those two subject have an history of going quickly out of hand, more than anything else I can think off. Especially in those troubled times where passions are running very high and rationnality is thrown out of the window.
You and me both, brother. This is especially true since some here either hold very different political positions or very fringe ones. In times like these, which are polarizing, it is better if we don't know who we voted for, what party we are affiliated with, what nutty ideology one subscribes to, or whatever. This is a place for artists and writers to come together and work. The off-topic board is for light topics. Just take The Producers's advice:

No matter what you do on the stage
Keep it light, keep it bright, keep it gay!
Whether it's murder, mayhem or rage
Don't complain, it's a pain
Keep it gay!
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: 2011 - Off to a great start.   2011 - Off to a great start. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 5:48 am

All reasons why I try to escape reality.

Spoiler:

The end of the world probably IS upon us, since people in general are just getting worse. but you know, I really don't wanna bring such manners up on the forum.

I'd rather just try to make the best out of a mediocre situation.

Damnit, now I'm depressed. -_-
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: 2011 - Off to a great start.   2011 - Off to a great start. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 7:30 am

Hence why I brought up the Second Life thing. Someone is trying to make an AI in it. A bit odd of a choice, really, especially since "smart" bots made to be socialized with online tend to be broken horrendously the moment certain sites catch wind, but definitely something to look forward to (well, besides the first AI being a rainbow-colored rave fox with wings).
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: 2011 - Off to a great start.   2011 - Off to a great start. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 8:14 am

aethernavale wrote:
Warning - Rant Post.

So far in the wonderful country of America we've had two major shootings

as a stupid reply from myself, aethernavale, america is not a country, its a continent Smile united-states would be the real word, america being falsly claimed by united-states to be their country :/

america can even be two continents if we would decide it Smile
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
Solomon
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle

PostSubject: Re: 2011 - Off to a great start.   2011 - Off to a great start. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 7:13 pm

I'm glad to be here as a member of Felarya Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: 2011 - Off to a great start.   2011 - Off to a great start. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 8:05 pm

I thought the Tribulation was supposed to happen after the Rapture, with the Anti-Christ ruling the world for seven years. It's obvious that woman hasn't even read Revelation, or she'd know that. And how did she come up with May 21 anyway?
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: 2011 - Off to a great start.   2011 - Off to a great start. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 12:12 am

Lets try not to necro-post shall we?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011 - Off to a great start.   2011 - Off to a great start. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2011 - Off to a great start.
Page 1 of 1