Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ehm...help me :)

Go down 
+4
ZionAtriedes
CauldronBorn24
gwadahunter2222
Krisexy26
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

Ehm...help me :) Empty
PostSubject: Ehm...help me :)   Ehm...help me :) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 4:03 am

its nothing serious =P i just noticed some of you guys had images as their signature....i was just wondering how you guys were doing it :/ i tried to understand how it was supposed to work, but meh, i dont understand XD

so please help Razz i have google chrome (if it matters in any way...) and make it simple because the best i know of cp's is the one im working on at my job and i received a formation for that so...yeah please tell me Smile
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Ehm...help me :)   Ehm...help me :) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 5:09 am

You click "Profile" tab which is between Groups and Message on the Forum Menu.
Inside the Profile menu click on "Signature" it will send you to the page to edit your signature as you post a message.
If you want a specific picture as a signature ask someone to edit it because there is a size limit.
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: Ehm...help me :)   Ehm...help me :) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 5:42 am

well i know how to change my signature, i just dont know how to put a picture in it...which is what i want to know :/
Back to top Go down
CauldronBorn24
Loremaster
CauldronBorn24

PostSubject: Re: Ehm...help me :)   Ehm...help me :) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 5:54 am

Click the image/pticture icon on the top right then type in the url. Or type what I have below; I only have spaces so that it will show up here don't include those.

[ img ] url goes here [ /img ]

Last edited by CauldronBorn24 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: Ehm...help me :)   Ehm...help me :) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 5:56 am

test..
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: Ehm...help me :)   Ehm...help me :) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 5:57 am

yay thank you!!! =D

XD

it was actually simple :/ yeah i feel dumb..anyways XD if you need something, tell me i owe you a favor now Smile
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: Ehm...help me :)   Ehm...help me :) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 5:55 pm

Darnit! Why do I never show up in time to have pretty gals owe me favors?

Anyways, for additional help, refer to the BBCode Guide. It's useful for if you want to add links to the image, like this:

Ehm...help me :) Badge
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Ehm...help me :)   Ehm...help me :) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 9:10 pm

You can also have other cool things in your signature. If you look at mine, you'll notice that each post has a different quote and that you can cycle through them with the button.
I can do exactly the same thing with images too, so if you wanted to have each post you make have a different image, that can be arranged.

This kind of thing is really easy for someone who knows action-script and the file size is tiny.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Ehm...help me :)   Ehm...help me :) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 11:04 pm

did you script the button, or was it automatic?
Back to top Go down
CauldronBorn24
Loremaster
CauldronBorn24

PostSubject: Re: Ehm...help me :)   Ehm...help me :) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 12:37 am

Is there anyway to center the image in your sig? Speaking of which... where has it gone? I haven't touched any of the preference buttons.

Last edited by CauldronBorn24 on Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Ehm...help me :)   Ehm...help me :) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 1:45 am

Yes, I scripted everything myself in Actionscript 3
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: Ehm...help me :)   Ehm...help me :) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 2:57 am

you guys are...way over my knowledge of those things bbcode or whatever o.o

but ill tell you that what i wanted to do was to put the text of my signature at the right of my text, not under, but i do not know how it wont let me..Sad
Back to top Go down
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: Ehm...help me :)   Ehm...help me :) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 1:36 pm

Krisexy26 wrote:
you guys are...way over my knowledge of those things bbcode or whatever o.o

but ill tell you that what i wanted to do was to put the text of my signature at the right of my text, not under, but i do not know how it wont let me..Sad

Do the "center" or "right" tags work in sigs?

IE:
Left Justified
Centered Justified
Right Justified
Justified

Completely Unjustified

Off topic:

Oh, there are new tags I haven't seen before...
Choose a random number between 3 and 7, inclusive?
Random number (3,7) :

W.O.W. items, I guess... but only in French?
[wow]Dague en cristal noir[/wow]

Vertical Scrolling
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Morbi vitae eros turpis, eu mattis nisi. Pellentesque pellentesque tincidunt nibh non feugiat. Ut ornare elementum nulla sit amet elementum. Donec rhoncus, purus a consequat varius, elit metus porta sem, rhoncus blandit orci felis a dolor. Aenean iaculis, ligula in sagittis mattis, augue diam eleifend nunc, vitae consequat ante odio eget est. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. In hac habitasse platea dictumst. Vestibulum aliquam rhoncus tincidunt. Ut porttitor justo convallis lectus hendrerit faucibus. Donec purus erat, tempus ac ornare sit amet, pulvinar at eros.

Horizontal Scrolling; AKA Marquee.
Right to left!

Hidden text, which apparently means that only people who have actually posted in this thread can see the hidden text.

Superscripts and subscripts.
x = A2 + 2*Bi,j, for all i,j in the interval {0,10}.

And then some more browser specific ones (might not work in every browser; all of these work in the latest Firefox though):

Horizontal Rule:

Vertically Flipped Text.
There comes a time when all good men should come to the aid of their country. 

Horizontal Mirror:
The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy red dog. 

Blurred text:
I have a lovely bunch of coconuts, here they are all standing in a row...

E=MC2
Who in their right mind thought this was a good idea?
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: Ehm...help me :)   Ehm...help me :) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 2:46 pm

ehm..wow o.o

well, to answer you question XD i tried the left right center justify thing, but it just wont let me :/ i dont know why..
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: Ehm...help me :)   Ehm...help me :) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 4:11 pm

Yeah, the center tags work in sigs. Look at mine, I've been centering sigs for a while.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Ehm...help me :)   Ehm...help me :) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 5:20 pm

I once saw before that there is a way to make your text blink different colors, but I can't remember how to do it myself.
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

PostSubject: Re: Ehm...help me :)   Ehm...help me :) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 5:40 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
I once saw before that there is a way to make your text blink different colors, but I can't remember how to do it myself.
Meh, Google it I guess. Some code won't work on certain forums, or with certain browsers. Keep that in mind. The tags and syntax can also differ between forums.

Krisexy26 wrote:
well, to answer you question XD i tried the left right center justify thing, but it just wont let me :/ i dont know why..
To answer your original question, which I believe was to right-align the text of your sig at the side of the image... I'll need to research that. If it was a word processor or similar program, that's easy enough, but in a code-based forum? That's different.

Oldman40k2003 wrote:
(a whole bunch of craziness)
FREAKING SHOWBOATER.

▲
▲ ▲
Back to top Go down
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: Ehm...help me :)   Ehm...help me :) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 8:56 pm

Krisexy26 wrote:

Oh, I think perhaps I misread this. As the forum is currently setup, your signature will always be below the body of your post.
IE:
Main body of your post, full of text and images and other such stuff.
Filler Text.
Filler Text.
Filler Text.
Your signature

But you use the "right" tag to right justify your signature, so that it clings to the right hand side.
IE:
Filler Text.
Filler Text.
Filler Text.
Your signature

However, it is currently impossible to have it setup like this.
IE:
Filler Text.
Filler Text.
Filler Text.
Your signature

ZionAtriedes wrote:

Oldman40k2003 wrote:
(a whole bunch of craziness)
FREAKING SHOWBOATER.
  ▲
▲ ▲

Haters gonna hate?
Oldman is a newfag and can't triforce? (Though he knew it involved non-breaking spaces, and he also knew how to use google to look it up.)

▲
▲ ▲

But personally I think this is better!

▲
▲ ▲

Hater's Gonna Hate!

Incidentally, I would expect these rather... unusual code inputs to expose bugs and incorrect implementations in the various browsers. My apologies in advance if such a bug crashes anyone's browser.
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: Ehm...help me :)   Ehm...help me :) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 2:06 am

rawrg it sucks! >.< ah well, thank you so much for eh...your god like tips :/
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

PostSubject: Re: Ehm...help me :)   Ehm...help me :) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 12:08 pm

Krisexy26 wrote:
rawrg it sucks! >.< ah well, thank you so much for eh...your god like tips :/
God-like? I dunno about that.

Oldman40k2003 wrote:
Haters gonna hate?
Oldman is a newfag and can't triforce? (Though he knew it involved non-breaking spaces, and he also knew how to use google to look it up.)
Always trying to one-up, huh? And don't worry, I'm running Firefox, which I'm pretty sure handles BBCode the best out of the gaggle.
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: Ehm...help me :)   Ehm...help me :) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 12:11 pm

Chrome is not giving me any trouble, so your silly tags aren't affecting me.
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ehm...help me :)   Ehm...help me :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ehm...help me :)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: General forums :: Off topic discussion-
Jump to: