Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Harvite's Shop - Aerin's Giant Adventure pt. 1

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

Harvite's Shop - Aerin's Giant Adventure pt. 1 Empty
PostSubject: Harvite's Shop - Aerin's Giant Adventure pt. 1   Harvite's Shop - Aerin's Giant Adventure pt. 1 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 9:22 am

He was surrounded by darkness. Everywhere he looked, he saw nothing but absolute darkness. Suddenly, a solitary point of color appeared in the distance. Slowly, but surely, it grew bigger, until he was just able to make out the rough shape of a young female naga. The naga’s red and orange striped scales and silver hair stirred something in him, almost as if a memory was trying to push its way to the fore of his mind. Without warning, the memory simply vanished, leaving him befuddled and confused as he tried to piece together what had happened. Attempting to regain the lost memory he tried to take a step toward the naga, only to discover he was unable to move. Frozen in place, he watched as the naga advanced toward him. When she was no more than an arm’s length away from him, she stopped. The most dazzling smile appeared on her face, stirring the lost memory back into his mind. As he struggled to dredge the memory from the depths of his mind, the naga’s face changed. Gone was the smile that had seemed to pierce the darkness like the first ray of sunlight on a cloudless morning. In its place appeared a look of wild fear, replaced by one of excruciating pain as blood began pouring out of the large hole that had suddenly appeared in her chest. Tearing his eyes away from the gaping hole in the naga’s chest, he once again looked at her face, only to see a pair of eyes completely devoid of life. Everything began to spin; he was falling into the utter darkness surrounding him…
Sar woke up. He instinctively knew he wasn’t alone. Concentrating on his surroundings, Sar was able to pinpoint the location of the intruder while still appearing to be asleep. It was a trick he had learned a long time ago, but he never thought he would need it again after he had started sleeping indoors. It seems he was mistaken. He could just make out the sound of careful footsteps softly approaching his bed. As the footsteps approached the side of his bed, Sar prepared for action. Throwing off his covers, Sar grabbed his stalker and pulled her onto the bed with one fluid motion. Wrapping his legs around her to hold her in place, he performed one of the most devastating moves known to mankind: he began tickling her.
“Good morning, Aerin.” Sar said, raising his voice a little to be heard over her peals of laughter.
The little neko struggled to escape, but she just couldn’t get the leverage necessary to get away from the attack. After a few minutes of struggling against the intense tickling, Aerin breathlessly conceded defeat.
“I give. I give!”
Releasing her, Sar stood up.
Disappointed with her failure, Aerin sat up and pouted, “Aww, you got me again! I thought I had you this time!”
Placing a hand on her shoulder Sar said comfortingly, “You almost did. You’ve really improved, I almost didn’t hear you.”
It was true. Ever since a few months ago when she first started sneaking up on him, Aerin had been steadily making it closer and closer before Sar noticed. She would undoubtedly succeed before long, and then it would be his turn to be tickled.
Seeing that Aerin was still sitting on the bed with a pout on her face, Sar ruffled her green hair, saying, “Don’t worry, I’m sure you’ll get me before long.”
“Yeah, and when I do, I’m gonna really getcha!” she stated, smile returning to her face.
“I’m sure you will,” Sar said as he turned to go to the bathroom, “Why don’t you go and have breakfast awhile, I’ll be out in a few minutes.”
“Okay!” Aerin said, jumping off the bed and racing toward the kitchen.
As Sar brushed his teeth, he mused on the events of the previous day. The mysterious ring he had acquired had gnawed at his thoughts all day. After putting Aerin to bed, he immediately began looking through his extensive collection of books for mention of the mysterious ring. He must have spent half the night searching his books, to no avail. Just as he was about to give up and turn in for the night, he stumbled across a passage in a book called “Ancient Religions and Cults” that made mention of a ring that sounded exactly like the one he had found. It didn’t say much. All it told him was that the ring, called Adeiver’s Glory, was a magic ring created by a long-extinct cult of people who believed that all forms of magic were an affront to their deity. The ring was supposed to prevent its wearer from being affected by any form of magic, whether it be malicious or benevolent. Sar was still confused as to why an anti-magic cult would create a magic ring, but at least he now had an explanation for what had happened to the dryad. Without the protective and regenerative magic from Felarya’s soil, the dryad must have started to drown from the flooding of the previous days, much like any plant that is massively overwatered. When he had removed the ring, the combination of the magic from the soil and the magic from the healing potion that was still in her system had worked to swiftly bring her back to health.
Sar was at a bit of a loss as to what to do with the ring. He didn’t think it would sell very well if people knew it would prevent them from Felarya’s natural beneficent magic, and he wasn’t sure he wanted to sell such a potentially dangerous object anyway. There was, however, one person who may know what to do with it, but Sar wasn’t sure if satisfying his curiosity was worth paying that thistle-headed witch a visit.
Once he was finished with his teeth, Sar headed to the kitchen to find Aerin standing by the steps. As Sar sat down to eat his own breakfast, Aerin spoke.
“Hey, papa, I’m gonna go explore the forest some more today.”
“Alright, just try to stay out of trouble.” Sar said, taking a bite out of a yellow-colored piece of fruit.
“I will.” Aerin said
They both knew Aerin would do no such thing. With her cat-like curiosity and her 5-year-old sense of adventure, what trouble Aerin didn’t find, she created. Nevertheless, Sar felt it was his duty to at least tell her to try.
Most parents wouldn’t let their children wander off into the forest for days or possibly weeks at a time, especially in Felarya, but Sar’s motto was ‘experience is the best teacher.’ Besides, he had safety measures in place. For most situations, Aerin’s enhanced strength and agility, as well as her increased intelligence, was enough to keep her safe. Also, many of the predators in the surrounding area knew of Aerin, and thanks to Sar’s protected status, they tended to leave her off the menu.
For the more dangerous situations, Sar had magical aid to help him. When she had first started her explorations almost a year ago, Sar had given her a necklace. While Aerin was under the impression that it was simply a pretty piece of jewelry, it was in reality a magical beacon which allowed Sar to know exactly where she was at all times. It would also warn him when she was in life threatening danger. If that happened, Sar could use another one of the magical artifacts he had acquired, a crystal ball that allowed him to teleport any object he knew the exact location of to it instantly.
After he finished breakfast, Sar went downstairs to prepare the shop for the day. The shop always felt lonely when Aerin was gone, but Sar knew that experience was vital to her development. Besides, once the customers started arriving, he would be too busy to worry about loneliness.

Aerin loved to explore. She would wander for hours, days, sometimes even weeks at a time, simply going wherever the wind took her and relying on her cat-like senses to guide her back home when she was done. Today, however, was different. Today she had a specific destination in mind.
On her last trip, Aerin had stumbled across a small stream teeming with fish. Aerin loved fish. She loved swallowing them whole, delighting in the wonderful sensations they caused as the wriggled around in her belly. The best part about this particular stream was a large rock jutting out just above the water. If she walked on the rock, she hoped to be able to simply reach into the stream and pull out a fish, without getting herself all wet. Aerin wasn’t very fond of water. She didn’t actively hate it, but it felt weird and foreign to her.
Last time she went by the stream she had just eaten something, or rather, someone, and she didn’t want the flopping of the fish to kill her current meal and stop its wiggling. So she didn’t catch any fish. Today, though, she was ready. She had not eaten breakfast like Sar told her to, so she was nice and hungry.
As Aerin walked in the direction of the stream, pausing every couple of minutes to explore some new sight or sound, she slowly became aware of a noise emanating from the distance. It was faint at first, but as she walked on it steadily became louder and louder. Completely forgetting about her mission to the stream, Aerin altered her course to follow the sound. As she got closer to the source, Aerin realized the sound she was hearing was someone singing. It was the most beautiful sound she had ever heard. Speeding up her pace, Aerin eventually reached a clearing and found the source of the beautiful melody.
Sitting on a rock was a human female. The girl’s back was turned to her, but Aerin had no doubt that the singing was coming from this girl. She was wearing a green dress and had long brown hair that came down to her back. The instant she saw the girl, Aerin knew she had to have her. Drawing on the experience she gained from trying to sneak up on Sar, Aerin swiftly approached the girl without making a sound. The girl obviously wasn’t as aware of her surroundings as Sar was, and her singing helped mask any mistakes Aerin made in her approach.
When the girl was no more than a stone’s throw away, Aerin silently pulled out one of her shrinking potions from her pocket. In one fluid motion, she unstoppered the vial and splashed the girl. The singing stopped abruptly as the girl shrunk to less than eight inches tall.
Surprisingly, the girl’s clothes shrunk with her. Aerin didn’t even notice this fact as she quickly picked up the shrunken girl and flipped her over to get a better look. Two things immediately stood out in Aerin’s mind. First of all, the girl was beautiful, perhaps the most beautiful human she had ever seen. Second of all, rather than the look of fear she expected, the girl had a look of calm acceptance on her face, as if she didn’t care that she had just been shrunken to the size of a doll and picked up by a five-year-old.
Confused by the lack of fear on the girl’s face, Aerin decided to try to scare her.
“Rawr, I’m gonna EAT ya!!” Aerin proclaimed in the scariest voice she could muster.
The shrunken girl’s expression never wavered.
Aerin was starting to get curious about this girl. Did nothing scare her?
“Hey, didn’t you hear me? I said I was gonna eat you. Aren’t you scared?”
The girl spoke at last, “Why should I be?”
This statement threw Aerin for a loop. Struggling to come up with an answer, she began, “Well, because I-”
Before Aerin could finish her answer, a giant hand suddenly wrapped her, seemingly out of nowhere. Still holding on to the girl she had shrunk, Aerin closed her eyes as the hand lifted her slowly into the sky.
When she opened her eyes, Aerin found herself staring into the largest face she had ever seen. Giant bluish-teal eyes framed by light blonde hair threatened to swallow her up as the biggest mouth she had ever seen promised it. Clutching the girl she had shrunk like a safety blanket, Aerin felt an emotion she had never before experienced: Absolute terror.

To be Continued…

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This one's a bit shorter than my first story, but there is more on the way. Let me know what you think.

If you don't want to know who the unnamed characters are, treat this as the end of the post.

The shrunken girl is Lea (yes, she will be unshrunken later).
The giant face is Crisis (No, she does not yet know that Aerin shrunk Lea)
If you can guess who the 'thistle-headed witch' is, kudos to you.

Legal -
Lea and Crisis are (c) to Karbo
If I violated any other copyrights, let me know and I'll fix it.

Last edited by Haar on Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://haar.deviantart.com/
dreadis
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
dreadis

PostSubject: Re: Harvite's Shop - Aerin's Giant Adventure pt. 1   Harvite's Shop - Aerin's Giant Adventure pt. 1 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 10:05 am

interesting i cant wait for more

no problems were found with the story from this reader

is the witch vivian?
Back to top Go down
http://dreadis.deviantart.com
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Harvite's Shop - Aerin's Giant Adventure pt. 1   Harvite's Shop - Aerin's Giant Adventure pt. 1 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 10:10 am

You better not kill any established characters or else... *point likes Evil Monkey* If someone's identity is concealed, please don't reveal it after the story we want to keep the suspense. Aside for someone else personal character, you don't need to state copyrights on this site, it's made so you can make story about Felarya in the first place, outside this site, you must state copyrights.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

PostSubject: Re: Harvite's Shop - Aerin's Giant Adventure pt. 1   Harvite's Shop - Aerin's Giant Adventure pt. 1 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 10:13 am

dreadis wrote:

is the witch vivian?

No. The 'thistle-headed' refers to someone with pink hair, and the 'w' in 'witch' could easily be replaced with a 'b'. Also, the character is not one of Karbo's. I probably gave too many hints in this post. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

PostSubject: Re: Harvite's Shop - Aerin's Giant Adventure pt. 1   Harvite's Shop - Aerin's Giant Adventure pt. 1 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 10:17 am

Sean Okotami wrote:
You better not kill any established characters or else... *point likes Evil Monkey* If someone's identity is concealed, please don't reveal it after the story we want to keep the suspense. Aside for someone else personal character, you don't need to state copyrights on this site, it's made so you can make story about Felarya in the first place, outside this site, you must state copyrights.

To answer your questions/comments:

a) I'm not going to kill any established characters, I promise (I'm not suicidal! Very Happy).
b) At this point, I'm not sure if I am actually going to include that character in my story later on, I mainly made the reference in response to a suggestion from Karbo in my original profile thread on the New Ideas board.
c) I didn't know about the whole copyright thing, thanks for telling me.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Harvite's Shop - Aerin's Giant Adventure pt. 1   Harvite's Shop - Aerin's Giant Adventure pt. 1 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 10:20 am

Haar wrote:
Sean Okotami wrote:

a) I'm not going to kill any established characters, I promise.
b) At this point, I'm not sure if I am actually going to include that character in my story later on, I mainly made the reference in response to a suggestion from Karbo in my original profile thread on the New Ideas board.
About b), I meant any character, established or personal. It's more fun to try guessing after the story rather than having it spoiled in your face. Another thing, you should check the wiki for established characters so you know their personality. This is crucial as if it isn't respected, it's like shouting "Your character fails!" right in its creator's face. It doesn't need to be 100% accurate, but anything essentail about them must be there.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

PostSubject: Re: Harvite's Shop - Aerin's Giant Adventure pt. 1   Harvite's Shop - Aerin's Giant Adventure pt. 1 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 10:23 am

Sean Okotami wrote:
Haar wrote:
Sean Okotami wrote:

a) I'm not going to kill any established characters, I promise.
About b), I meant any character, established or personal. It's more fun to try guessing after the story rather than having it spoiled in your face.

Oh...sorry, I was just trying to stem the tide of questions I foresaw coming. Sorry if I ruined it for you Sad .
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Harvite's Shop - Aerin's Giant Adventure pt. 1   Harvite's Shop - Aerin's Giant Adventure pt. 1 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 1:49 pm

Well I am glad you started to write stories because they are great ! Smile
You really did a great job on depicting your characters and they look attaching. I loved the little scene in the beginning, it was very cute ^_^

I am really curious to see what will happens now Razz
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Harvite's Shop - Aerin's Giant Adventure pt. 1   Harvite's Shop - Aerin's Giant Adventure pt. 1 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 3:15 pm

Great story Very Happy
You are very skilled for somene who doesn't write story before Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

PostSubject: Re: Harvite's Shop - Aerin's Giant Adventure pt. 1   Harvite's Shop - Aerin's Giant Adventure pt. 1 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 3:57 pm

Karbo wrote:
Well I am glad you started to write stories because they are great ! Smile
You really did a great job on depicting your characters and they look attaching. I loved the little scene in the beginning, it was very cute ^_^

I am really curious to see what will happens now Razz

Thanks. I'm glad you like it Very Happy.

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
Great story Very Happy
You are very skilled for somene who doesn't write story before Laughing

Truth be told, I have always been fairly good with grammar, and I have plenty of creativity. What has stopped me from writing before is:

a) Lack of motivation - Usually, I am too lazy to write, but for some reason I am really drawn to Felarya (Someone put a spell on me, didn't they *looks around suspiciously*).

b) Organization - I have trouble getting the thoughts from my head to the paper in a manner that makes sense to other people.

P.S. I is a gud spellur Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Harvite's Shop - Aerin's Giant Adventure pt. 1   Harvite's Shop - Aerin's Giant Adventure pt. 1 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 4:09 pm

Haar wrote:

Truth be told, I have always been fairly good with grammar, and I have plenty of creativity. What has stopped me from writing before is:

a) Lack of motivation - Usually, I am too lazy to write, but for some reason I am really drawn to Felarya (Someone put a spell on me, didn't they *looks around suspiciously*).

b) Organization - I have trouble getting the thoughts from my head to the paper in a manner that makes sense to other people.

P.S. I is a gud spellur Very Happy

You are like me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harvite's Shop - Aerin's Giant Adventure pt. 1   Harvite's Shop - Aerin's Giant Adventure pt. 1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harvite's Shop - Aerin's Giant Adventure pt. 1
Page 1 of 1