In Negav

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Jętte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun

PostSubject: Re: In Negav   Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:42 pm

(Now that things have cooled down on the forum I'm thinking about getting this going again. People still present and interested? I can do a start the next day.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: In Negav   Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:42 am

(I am.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/BoltAscendent
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements

PostSubject: Re: In Negav   Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:50 am

Do we have to wait for JT to start up the next day or can anyone do it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Jętte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun

PostSubject: Re: In Negav   Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:20 am

(I'll start it up - I'm just wondering if there are more than you two interested).
Back to top Go down
Tuc135
Hero
Hero

Location : Chances are between someone's esophagus and duodenum

PostSubject: Re: In Negav   Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:47 pm

((I'm interested, though I'm still catching up on the topic and writing profiles))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goldclaw
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: In Negav   Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:00 am

((Eh, I'll join. Been wanting to test out a character of mine. Have her bio, though I'm going to wait to post it))
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://daren-blackfang.deviantart.com/
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: In Negav   Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:04 am

(That should be enough. JT, feel free to kickstart it.)
Back to top Go down
Tuc135
Hero
Hero

PostSubject: Re: In Negav   Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:45 pm

Name: Breida
Race: Terra Elf
Sex: Female

Physical Description: A tall, slender elf, with albino white skin and hair. Her eyes are black and are keen at seeing at night. She is constantly dressed in a simple dark grey tunic, trousers, brown leather belt gloves and boots. Over this she wears a dark brown cloak with a concealing hood, which she wears down to shade her face. Her long white hair can be seen flowing out of either side of her hood and down over her shoulders. She constantly wears a pair of dark crystal goggles over her eyes except during the darkest of nights. Her belt has a myriad of pouches, as well as a scabbard and rapier. She also carries a flintlock rifle.

Additional Info:

She is what is called a 'daywalker' by Terra elves, meaning she's adept at traveling on the surface world at day. She is an adept fencer and a good shot with her rifle. She also knows a little metalworking and rune engraving, just enough to repair her rifle when needed and forge and enchant new bullets for herself. She also knows how to create several useful chemicals, such as a solution that can identify and neutralize slug girl slime. She carries several vials in her belt pouches.

It should be noted that direct exposure to sunlight or other bright lights is harmful for her. Her skin sunburns within a minute of exposure, and blisters within five. Also, sunlight is blinding to her eyes. This is why she constantly wears the goggles and cloak during the day.

It is rumored that she has some sort of slug girl for a friend. She herself is tight lipped on such matters though.

Personality - Very reserved. On the quiet side, especially during the day. It's not that she's shy or cagey, she simply doesn't like being out in the light. At night though, she is more relaxed and cheerful.

Biography - Breida hails from Beyr, a large terra elf city beneath the frost peak mountains. She spent most of her life there, but as she came to adulthood, she signed up with the military. A need for money and a faint itch for adventure led her to try joining the daywalkers. To her own surprise, and to those around her, she took to traveling on the surface pretty well. For a terra elf at least. Needless to say, she has had a good deal of adventures and dangers since.

Place of Residence - A rented inn room in the elvish sector. She is in negav on only a temporary basis.

Occupation - Daywalker and scout. The daywalkers are the primary source of information of the surface world for the terra elf cities in the underground. To earn money, she also does some freelance scouting work for the people of negav.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
Clown Prince of Crime

PostSubject: Re: In Negav   Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:48 pm

(Well, if we're going onto the next day, then I'm game. I'll just have my character start off at his home or something like that. In any case, I'm ready to begin if everyone else is.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jętte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun

PostSubject: Re: In Negav   Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:56 am

(Well, I was waiting for CB, but, here it goes again.)

Sammael woke up a few hours later from his rest. He hadn't slept much... not that he did anyways. But it was now the middle of the next day. He sighed, checking his message device. No more word from the Investigators on the trouble from last night. He looked for whatever opportunity he could to help them. He didn't like them much but he had relied on their cooperation when he first arrived in the city.

As well, he made decent money on little commission jobs.

He decided to go for a walk, to see if he could find anything himself, or just wait something came up. He dressed heavily, with his broad hat, scarf and tinted goggles. He did not do well in the sun, a weakness common to most Vampires.

He went towards the nearest surface staircase and went up into the uncomfortable light, leaving the lower district and heading towards the Middle Tier. He noticed the white walls of the Elven District, and the hint of green within, rising to one side.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
Clown Prince of Crime

PostSubject: Re: In Negav   Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:27 am

Horamus, in the meantime, was running his exotic fruit stand at the Grand Market in the lower district, having arrived there first thing in the morning before the sun rose. He liked to make sure that his store was open before other businesses so that he could make a bit of a profit off early risers who were wanting breakfast before they went their way, some being adventurers who wanted an early start or other store owners on their way to open up their shops. It had been a good strategy that worked for him so far, and he wasn't about to abandon it any time soon.

As the day progressed, the neko had obtained good business that day, plenty of caravans and customers alike going to his stand to buy the fruit that he had to offer or to trade him fruit for currency. However, as noon came around, the streets seemed to die down a little, most of the adventurers having left for the day to attempt to pillage treasure from some ancient temple or make their way to the dimensional gate in Ur-Sagol to make their way home. So, Horamus kept himself busy by burying himself into one of his books, mesmerized by it's contents as he waited for other potential customers to come by his store.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: In Negav   Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:30 am

Nagi stood up and placed the book back on the shelf. he had gotten a massive headache from trying to not only understand the legal junk in that book, but from having to translate it then read and understand it. His mood was quickly deteriorating and he really just wanted to stretch for a bit before training and going to bed. "Even if you only need 4 hours of sleep, you still have to sleep," C.V. always told him when he spent too much time awake. It was probably for the best, since with him a bad mood meant he was much more violent and likely to kill someone should they really just tick him off. As he walked out of the library, he nodded to the woman at the counter and yawned. He called C.V. through his custom made, but still legally usable, multi-person phone-like device.

"Hey C.V., I'm on my way back."
"Oh, great. You didn't get in too much trouble today did you?" he asked.
"A bit, but I can deal with it. You mind making me the sleep mix?" Nagi asked.
"Nah, no problem. I'll have it and your bed ready by the time you get back."
"Thanks man. Where would I be without you?"
"Dead, probably. Murder is frowned upon here."
"True. Well, I'll get off. Bye."
"Bye."

Nagi put the device back in his pocket and continued inconspicuously walking back.
Back to top Go down
Black Aquila
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Hmmm...   Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:09 am

I might just try this out, if only to work on this character I've dreamt up.

Name: Dick Drebin
Race: ArmaDense Sales and Service Bioroid (Extreme Environmental variant)
Sex: Usually Male

Physical Description:
Dick at first glance appears to be a clean-shaven, fair skinned, brown-haired, brown-eyed human male approximately six feet tall.
This examination, however, is slightly inaccurate, as Dick is, in fact, exactly six feet tall.

He's also not human.
No, you see "Dick Drebin" is actually a Bioroid, an artificially engineered humanoid, one that has superhuman reflexes, above average strength, and a high inbuilt resistance to CBRNP (Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Psychic) warfare... but average to below average physical durability.

Dick wears a standard ArmaDense Sales and Service Representative uniform; a black long-sleeved shirt bearing the ArmaDense logo and a pair of black pants, both made out of some unknown material, as well as a sturdy pair of boots and a belt containing various small business gadgets.

He is also normally followed two hover pallets; one containing a crate full of "Wiglaf Specials", ArmaDense's ubiquitous .50 cal semi-automatic assault carbine, while the other contains the weapons custom ammunition.
Unlike his Ur-Salogian body, however, his Negav one is far less flippant about giving out "Free Samples", in order to avoid the err of his wholesale clients and the authorities.

Additional Info:
Dick's consciousness is not limited to a single being.
As a Sales and Service Representative of the Munitions Mega-Corp ArmaDense, each of "his" Bioroid "shells" is equipped with a special neural sub-space transceiver that allow Dick to not only transfer knowledge from one body to the next, but also inhabit several bodies at once.
Therefore, it's not surprising that a traveler boarding the Felarya Express might spot him selling Battle-suits in Negav, only to find that he somehow beat them to Ur-Sagol to hand out "Free Samples" of the Wiglaf.
Dick can also make use of this ability to switch to specific shells tailored to a high profile client's taste.

Personality - As a Sales and Service Representative, Dick is programmed to be extremely amiable, almost to the point of being creepily so.
There is nothing that he won't try to make a deal with, as long as it has an acceptable method of payment, and all transactions are done with as friendly and helpful of tone as possible.

Biography - "I've been serving the Felaryan area for over 70 years!"
Dick's entire life is devoted to ArmaDense and the sale of their wide variety of products.
He's sold everything from small arms and man-portable missiles to WMDs and fully operational battle-stations, to everyone from lowly street thugs to the Magiocrats themselves.
As a Sales and Service Bioroid, he is a literal walking encyclopedia of information on ArmaDense's merchandise.
That said, he life is extremely lacking otherwise, often barely bothering to adequately satisfy the biological needs of his shell.

Place of Residence - Technically off-world, but does rent a merchant suite at an inn in the Lower Tier.

Occupation - ArmaDense Sales and Service Representative (Arms Dealer)

Well, I don't know if you guys could use him, but this outline certainly helped me get this guy written up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements

PostSubject: Re: In Negav   Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:21 am

(Sean's profile is there. It's a little outdated, but I'll only update it after he's reintroduced in my story.)

At last, those dreaded hours of training were over. It was good and all that Sean could polish his combat skills and get a better control over his bloodline magic, but the amount of injuries sustained during each session was more like to develop a tolerance for pain than become stronger. At least Seles was there to mend his wounds during each break; he would have died long ago without her. Since there wasn't going to be any excursion in the wild today, Sean opted to look around the city, since he doesn't get to do much of it. First of all, he attached his scabbard and his pistol to his belt, then strapped his shield to his back. Given the number of thugs in this city, it was best to at least be armed. He then put his wallet in one of his four pockets, then headed out of the abandoned temple toward the Middle Tier. Most of the time he explored Negav, he spent it in the Lower Tier, so this was an appropriate change of pace.

Last edited by Sean Okotami on Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tuc135
Hero
Hero

PostSubject: Re: In Negav   Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:27 am

Dawn. Breida looked up as the sky began to lighten as the sun rose. With a resigned sigh, she got her goggles and slipped them on over her eyes, as well as pulling her hood up over her head. She had been enjoying the pre dawn darkness, it reminded her of home a little bit. If she could have, she would have simply slept the day away and did her business during the night, but no one else was up then. No one she wanted to do business with anyway. She got up and began walking the streets of the Elven district, making for the exit. She hoped to find someone who could use the services of a scout, the money she had was starting to run thin. She barely had enough for room and board for the next week. Let alone getting a present for Ofelia, or something for her collection.

It was just as she was walking out of the gates that she noticed someone. Someone that was shrouded and hidden from the sun much like she was, down to a pair of dark glasses to shield the eyes. Breida thought she saw a hint of pale skin as well beneath the concealing wide brimmed hat and scarf. Another terra elf? This one looked like it spent even more time upon the surface, long enough to adopt the human's clothing. Even so, meeting another daywalker on the surface was a rare event. Breida strode up to Sammael, and spoke in the native terra elf tongue. <Good day friend,> She said as she came up to him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: In Negav   Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:36 am

As Nagi slowly walked back to his current "home", he stumbled slightly on a large rock, which made him instantly snap back to the world. Spinning in place as his balance was momentarily lost, he stopped himself from falling. He quickly realized he had been half sleepwalking and swore several things under his breath which, even with most languages being understood in Felarya, were not understandable to any of the people around him. He looked around to regain his location in his mind and noticed large walls he had seen a few times before, walls which he was normally not able to enter, though had recently gained access to the area from a friend. "That's where most of those...uh...what's the word...ah, elves live." He looked around his area to check to see where exactly he was and noticed two strange figures. Both had more clothes on then anyone would want, given the heat, and both had on something to cover their eyes, and from what he could see that was hidden but not covered, both had very pale skin. "Hmm...Maybe they can help me out, as much as I hate to ask," he thought to himself. He walked over to them and tried to sound a friendly as possible, which was not an easy task give that he normally sounded of questionable sanity and slight bloodlust. "Hello. Can either of you direct me towards the eastern gate?" He asked as calmly and nicely as he could, though a small bit of harshness still slipped in.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements

PostSubject: Re: In Negav   Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:11 pm

Sean spent most of his walk glancing at the pedestrian of this level of the city. There certainly was lot less armor and cloaks, though there was still quite a number of loose, flowing clothes. Most were absent-minded to the main with the purple stripes and crimson scarf, though some did throw occasional glances tried to walk away from him. It wasn't long before he made it to the gates of the Elven District. He stood and gazed at the city within the city. The architecture was quite the shift from Negav, although words escaped him how he could describe the buildings. It wasn't Gothic, it wasn't Classical, nor Neo-Classical. It was like a category of its own. Even though he doesn't dig arts quite much, this somehow captivated him. He wasn't paying attention to the two elves talking nearby, nor the other man.
Back to top Go down
Jętte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun

PostSubject: Re: In Negav   Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:19 pm

Sammael looked up at Breida and blinked. Though he understood her due to the world, he could tell she was talking in a different tongue. He froze. Hopefully this wasn't a dame he had forgotten through drink. Normally he wouldn't care, but from her coverings against the sun, she looked to be a vampire. Was this someone from the old world threatening him?

"Er... hello..." he responded. "What do you need?"
Back to top Go down
Tuc135
Hero
Hero

PostSubject: Re: In Negav   Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:49 pm

Though concealed by her hood and goggles, one could see a brief frown as disappointment briefly crossed Breida's face. The other being, whoever he was, obviously didn't understand her. And now that she was close, she could tell that he wasn't a terra elf like her, despite his pale skin. Plus, she thought she saw more prominent incisors than usual when he spoke. She simply sighed, and forced a small smile. When she spoke next, it was in the common tongue, though with a slight accent. "Apologies, I mistook you for a terra elf." Breida said softly. "Though, I can see now you aren't one, though I'm not sure what you are. I would guess an unusually pale human of some sort."

She glanced over as Nagi came up and began to ask them about the eastern gate. He wasn't an elf either, but she couldn't place his species as well. He sounded...mostly polite, but there was something in his tone that disturbed Breida a little on an unconscious level. Shoving any vague and nebulous thoughts aside, she just pointed to the east. "I'm not certain, but I believe you can find the main road that way. Follow it to the gate." Breida instructed in the same accent of hers. "Indulge a moment of curiosity though, why are you leaving Negav?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jętte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun

PostSubject: Re: In Negav   Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:58 pm

Samiel did a double take as he saw Nagi approached. He realized Nagi had not recognized him in his daytime wear.

"Don't bother speaking to this one." he said grimly. "This is a wanted criminal. If he's leaving Negav its probably to evade the law. He's lucky he's not considered dangerous enough to have a nice bounty on him... yet."

Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements

PostSubject: Re: In Negav   Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:25 pm

Sean turned to Samiel as he spoke about a wanted criminal, then he glanced at Nagi. His typical frown returned. There has been a couple of occasions when someone either tried to rip him off or steal one of the items on his belt. They believe that the short man is an easy target, and while there is a certain ego trip when you prove them to never judge a book by its cover, but being a target, even if it's only once in a while, is always a pain. He turned back to gander at the elven architecture, but glanced at Samiel, then Nagi from time to time from the corner of his eyes.
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: In Negav   Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:09 pm

Nagi looked insulted. "Hey, I have done almost nothing that could be considered illegal in about a month. I was actually trying to get back to my "House". Great way to greet someone Samiel. I knew there was something vaguely familiar about you. Which reminds me, I forgot to thank you for having me over. Here." He handed him a small package containing a potent drink he had gotten from C.V. to gift to people. "Honestly, as long as no one really tries with me, I can keep my temper. It's just that I can get a bit...uh...violence prone when I'm mad. Or really bored. Though I'm mostly fine right now, apart form a slight headache. If it makes anyone feel any better, I promise not to fight with anyone here unless it's a sparing match. So, thank you for the directions," he said very politely to Breida, this time lacking his usual hard undertones and having replaced them with an air of gratitude and sincerity. He bowed slightly and asked he, "So, just who are you? I try to make it a point to learn the names of those who I see value in. And yes Samiel, I do see you as a valuable person and an equal. What you are is not as important as who you are, after all."
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
Clown Prince of Crime

PostSubject: Re: In Negav   Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:01 am

After a few minutes had passed, Horamus looked up from his book, sighing as he realized that he wasn't going to get any real business. So, he closed his book and set it on the ground, taking his fruit baskets and moving them into the small storage building beside his stand. Once he had moved all his fruit inside, he took out a small piece of paper out of his pocket and stretched out his hand, carefully reading the incantation that was written. Once he finished, he smiled as he felt the storage room cool down significantly, closing the door and locking it as he headed out, placing a small plaque on the stand that said 'CLOSED' as he took his books and left.

He made his way up to the Middle Tier, starting to make his way towards the library. As he thought about what his plans for the rest of the day were, he became lost in thought, unknowingly about to pass beside the three people that were making conversation, two of which he had ran into last night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tuc135
Hero
Hero

PostSubject: Re: In Negav   Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:30 am

Breida stayed quiet, simply watching the exchange between Samiel and Nagi. It was apparent that these two had a little history together. What exactly, she didn't know, nor was she inclined to find out given Nagi's self proclaimed tendency for violence. She said nothing as Nagi went on his little rant, though Breida did keep one hand on the hilt of her rapier underneath her cloak. Just in case. Aside from Nagi himself, their little conversation was attracting attention, as she noticed a short man constantly glancing in their attention. Not to mention it seemed like a neko was heading their way as well, though he seemed lost in his own thoughts.

"I?" Breida asked as Nagi turned his attention back to her. He did seem more polite and did promise not to fight them, but his speech to Samiel did leave her wary. Especially the 'almost' nothing illegal in one month. Not that long a time in Breida's mind. "I'm Breida, a terra elf as humans call us. I'm a daywalker of Beyr, and freelance scout as the need arises. I'm trying to find some employment to pay for my stay in Negav. And what of you two? Who are you, and do you know anyone who could use the services of a scout?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: In Negav   Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:52 pm

Nagi looked toward her, making a mental note of everything she had told him. "Well, My name is Nagi. What I am is myself. I come from another world. Also, I could use a scout. I currently do some merc work as needed as a team of 2, though Katena only helps at times. I could probably get you enough money to stay, if you needed it." He took a bite of some kind of fruit he had just gotten out of his bag and stretched his arms. "Any work I do is what interests me and is at fair price. I never really got money. I find it to be weird. Might have been because of how I grew up. I can see you grabbing a weapon and don't worry, I always follow through with my word. I promised I wouldn't fight and/or kill/harm anyone here." Nagi shifted his sword from his right shoulder to his left and yawned, his top teeth three from the middle showing themselves to be strangely sharp.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In Negav   

Back to top Go down

In Negav
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: General forums :: Role-playing-
Jump to: