Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Star elementals

Go down 
+5
Black Hole Fragment
Axel Hunter
Jasconius
Dante8411
luke112
9 posters
AuthorMessage
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

Star elementals Empty
PostSubject: Star elementals   Star elementals Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 11:57 pm

EDIT: Black Hole Fragment will explian this type of Elemental, He's the one who came up with them,i just got the thread up for him due to indesiveness.

Last edited by luke112 on Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:11 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Given control over to bro)
Back to top Go down
Dante8411
Naga food

Star elementals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star elementals   Star elementals Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 1:27 pm

Wouldn't they technically be plasma elementals, then?
Or would they continually have fusion reactions in their bodies, so they'd burn out if they left their stars for too long?
Don't elementals need sufficient magic to get started...?
Back to top Go down
http://dante8411.deviantart.com/
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

Star elementals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star elementals   Star elementals Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 3:54 pm

Wait if they are never seen in Felarya, then is it really necessary to add them to the wiki then?
Back to top Go down
Axel Hunter
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Axel Hunter

Location : In the land of nowhere, beyond the valley of somewhere, but not as far as the jungle of neither-here-nor-there....

Star elementals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star elementals   Star elementals Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 4:51 pm

luke112 wrote:
Star elementals as by name are born and inhabit stares. while they can leave the Parent star they cannot stay away from it for long, But becuase of there nature they are highly dangerous and exceptional powerful but Because of their nature they are Never seen in felarya, But they are drawn to emmesy reserves of engery and heat ( lighining elemental)
*just an elemental idea i decide to throw out there beacuse no one else was going to do it, sorry if its already been done by someonelse*

Well, I understand you would see stars on a Felarya night, however im not sure that would be a good idea to add outer space just yet. This is a crossroad dimension, so im not sure if space even exists in Felarya.
Back to top Go down
http://foreverknight13.deviantart.com/
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

Star elementals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star elementals   Star elementals Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 5:06 pm

Axel Hunter wrote:
luke112 wrote:
Star elementals as by name are born and inhabit stares. while they can leave the Parent star they cannot stay away from it for long, But becuase of there nature they are highly dangerous and exceptional powerful but Because of their nature they are Never seen in felarya, But they are drawn to emmesy reserves of engery and heat ( lighining elemental)
*just an elemental idea i decide to throw out there beacuse no one else was going to do it, sorry if its already been done by someonelse*

Well, I understand you would see stars on a Felarya night, however im not sure that would be a good idea to add outer space just yet. This is a crossroad dimension, so im not sure if space even exists in Felarya.
actully this type of elemental was an idea my brother talked to me about. he didnt know weather or not to post it on the forum and so i posted it for him, He'll take the topic over and do a better job than me of explianing them.
Back to top Go down
Black Hole Fragment
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Black Hole Fragment

Star elementals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star elementals   Star elementals Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 6:07 pm

luke112 wrote:
EDIT: Black Hole Fragment will explian this type of Elemental, He's the one who came up with them,i just got the thread up for him due to indesiveness.

Ok, now it's time to shine.

------------------

Star Elementals is somewhat of a broad term for 3 elementals that share very close traits to one other.The 3 types of Star Elemental are "True","Sub, and minor.

"True" Star Elementals:

"True" Star Elementals as by name are born inside and inhabit stars. "True" Star Elementals are normaly human sized, but they could be larger in size if the star the elemental came from was a very large one (like a hypergiant star!) .A Star Elementals body and color are determend by the star they come from. While they can leave thier parent star, it would difficult for them to substaine them selfs unless they can find a suficent amount of matter( really anything type of matter would work), or a rather emmesy sorce of energy.They can only travel a rather short distance on the cosmic scale(normaly it's about 5 light years)."True" Star Elemental are exceptionalypowerful beings. There personalities are a varied as they stars they come from. They can range from extremly friendly to down right melvolent. It has been said that a "True" Star Elemental can asume a human form for a short amount of time. Once in human form, a "True" Star Elemental can not leave that form until a certin amount of time passes and only have a very small fraction of thier power. A major indicator of a "True" Star Elemental in human form is usually every aspect of they're "human" body is based on thier orignal form. "True" Star Elementals are prone to be drawn to emmesy reserves of energy and heat. "True" Star Elementals are exertemly rare to see in Felarya. You would have a better chance of Notys walking up to you and give you a french kiss than seeing a group of 3 "True" Star Elementals.

"Sub" Star Elementals:

"Sub" Star elementals are formed when a sprite desides to make it's body from solar radiation hitting a magmetosphere. Essentially making them Aurora Borealis incarnate.While slightly more "common" than True Star Elementals, "Sub" Star Elementals are still Ultra rare to see in Felarya."Sub" Star Elememtals bodies are usally the same colors of the Aurora Borealis, but have also been known to just about every color of the rainbow.The colors of their bodies are always changing, swrilling and twisting.But when one does come to Felarya...what they leave behide them can only be discibe as "...damn". When a "Sub" Star Elemental travels across the sky, they leave behind them an aurora. How long this aurora lasts depends on how fast the "Sub" Star Elemental in question is traveling. If they're traveling very fast, then the aurora they leave behind lasts for a very short time. But if they're traveling slow, then the aurora will last for a long time.

Last edited by Black Hole Fragment on Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

Star elementals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star elementals   Star elementals Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 6:38 pm

I'm no astronomy guru, but it seems like too much of a stretch to make a star elemental work because of the fact (or what I believe to be fact) that stars need to burn hydrogen to survive, not just ANY source of fuel.

Also, if I understand how Elementals are born, a spirit possesses matter that exists in Felarya. I'm not sure how a spirit would possess star matter then find its way to Felarya without running out of fuel to burn. It just seems like too much.

But I could be wrong.

Back to top Go down
Axel Hunter
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Axel Hunter

Location : In the land of nowhere, beyond the valley of somewhere, but not as far as the jungle of neither-here-nor-there....

Star elementals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star elementals   Star elementals Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 9:10 pm

gt500x wrote:
I'm no astronomy guru, but it seems like too much of a stretch to make a star elemental work because of the fact (or what I believe to be fact) that stars need to burn hydrogen to survive, not just ANY source of fuel.

Also, if I understand how Elementals are born, a spirit possesses matter that exists in Felarya. I'm not sure how a spirit would possess star matter then find its way to Felarya without running out of fuel to burn. It just seems like too much.

But I could be wrong.

I agree, lets also remember that a star is extremely hot, so the presence of a star elemental has the potential to burn felarya to the ground and kill everyone in it.

its a noble idea, but im still not convinced that it belongs in felarya
Back to top Go down
http://foreverknight13.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Star elementals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star elementals   Star elementals Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 4:54 am

Personally, I think a lot of people stretch the concept of the Elemental way too much, and this is one is no exception.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
asaenvolk
Marauder of the deep jungle
asaenvolk

Star elementals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star elementals   Star elementals Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 5:10 am

Well another take on it is that a Star Elemental would be elementals made out of star-shine and would trail stardust, this means that they would probably only exist at night above ground, they would more be light and shadow elementals with a celestial resonance and maby have some powers of prophecy. They wouldn't be raging bad ass balls of nuclear fusion, some people take these concepts far too literal. Now a sun elemental would probably be an elemental of light and fire and could only exist where natural sunlight exists and would likely be moderately aggressive but not overly powerful, but once the sun goes down it would loose its body, nor would it be able to go inside a cave or such.
Back to top Go down
http://asaenvolk.deviantart.com/
Dante8411
Naga food

Star elementals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star elementals   Star elementals Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 10:30 am

Or they could be formed from solar radiation. Essentially making them Aurora Borealis incarnate. Just a thought, but I suppose that would limit them to certain areas. Mostly northern ones.
Back to top Go down
http://dante8411.deviantart.com/
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

Star elementals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star elementals   Star elementals Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 1:59 pm

Dante8411 wrote:
Or they could be formed from solar radiation. Essentially making them Aurora Borealis incarnate. Just a thought, but I suppose that would limit them to certain areas. Mostly northern ones.
very true ,but really Black Hole Fragment is the only one who knows how they form and how they even get here. Sorry
Back to top Go down
Black Hole Fragment
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Black Hole Fragment

Star elementals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star elementals   Star elementals Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 2:21 pm

When I ment that a star elemental can travel only a short distance, I was talking about on a cosmic scale. A Star Elemental can only travel 5 light years in space before it must turn back or else it will die. No, a star elemental wouldnt be able to burn Felarya down because most of thier heat is inside them and remember, I said that most, if not all, star elementals are the size of a human. Also, a star elemental can also run on fission. And if your going to say something about radition, most harmful radition inside a star elemental is transformed into light.
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

Star elementals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star elementals   Star elementals Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 2:32 pm

Ok, how does a spirit possess star matter?

How does it then escape the star's gravity to make its way to Felarya?

How can anything made of burning gases not be hot?

What happens when the star elemental burns up its all of its hydrogen?
Back to top Go down
Black Hole Fragment
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Black Hole Fragment

Star elementals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star elementals   Star elementals Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 3:37 pm

gt500x wrote:

1. Oh say for example if someone or a space ship full a people exited out of faster-than-light travel less than a football field away from the surface of a star. Or when a star forms near or at the point where a planet which some elementals once dweld but didn't leave when the planet was distroyed.(Come on, did you really think Felarya would be the only place in the mutiverse which would have elementals?)

2. a. Same way a solar flare escape's a star's gravity.
b. It's by random chance that they end up in Felarya.

3. Yes they are hot, veryhot, but not as hot as what you'd expect. For exmaple; a yellow star elemental "skin" would only be 2000 decrees farenhight, that would mean that a yellow star elemental skin is only one fifth of the surface temperture of the star which the elememtal came from. They much, much hotter on the inside than on the out side.

4. Just like a star, a star elemental does not nessary need hydrogen to burn. A star elemental can go up to the Alpha process.But when they use up all of their fuel and can not find another sorce, the star elementals' body will solitifiey into carbon and, (if in Felarya when it happens), fall to the ground.

Sorry if my responce was rude or mean.
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

Star elementals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star elementals   Star elementals Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 5:08 pm

Black Hole Fragment wrote:
gt500x wrote:

1. Oh say for example if someone or a space ship full a people exited out of faster-than-light travel less than a football field away from the surface of a star. Or when a star forms near or at the point where a planet which some elementals once dweld but didn't leave when the planet was distroyed.(Come on, did you really think Felarya would be the only place in the mutiverse which would have elementals?)

3. Yes they are hot, veryhot, but not as hot as what you'd expect. For exmaple; a yellow star elemental "skin" would only be 2000 decrees farenhight, that would mean that a yellow star elemental skin is only one fifth of the surface temperture of the star which the elememtal came from. They much, much hotter on the inside than on the out side.

4. Just like a star, a star elemental does not nessary need hydrogen to burn. A star elemental can go up to the Alpha process.But when they use up all of their fuel and can not find another sorce, the star elementals' body will solitifiey into carbon and, (if in Felarya when it happens), fall to the ground.

Dang bro you just ended the Questions there. Nice job
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

Star elementals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star elementals   Star elementals Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 5:10 pm

First, in response to Luke112's PM: Why shouldn't I ask questions if have them? Sure it's fantasy, but if I told you a there was an ice elemental living on the Sun, wouldn't that raise questions in your mind? You have the right to ask.

Your response wasn't as rude as I expected it to be. It just raised more questions. However, I don't feel my questions are welcome so I won't ask. It would be an incredible Elemental if you could make it happen. I'm just not sold on your explanations as to how a Star Elemental can exist in Felarya, I'm sorry to say, but that's just me. Aaaanywaayz, you'll be glad to know that my interest ends here.

Back to top Go down
Black Hole Fragment
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Black Hole Fragment

Star elementals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star elementals   Star elementals Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 5:43 pm

gt500x wrote:
First, in response to Luke112's PM: Why shouldn't I ask questions if have them? Sure it's fantasy, but if I told you a there was an ice elemental living on the Sun, wouldn't that raise questions in your mind? You have the right to ask.

Your response wasn't as rude as I expected it to be. It just raised more questions. However, I don't feel my questions are welcome so I won't ask. It would be an incredible Elemental if you could make it happen. I'm just not sold on your explanations as to how a Star Elemental can exist in Felarya, I'm sorry to say, but that's just me. Aaaanywaayz, you'll be glad to know that my interest ends here.

No, it's fine to ask questions. Normaly I would be happy to answer them, but I'm kinda going though a hard time right now. Besides, there is actully three types of elemental beings that are classifed as "Star Elementals". The ones talked about here so far are "True" star elementals.

Last edited by Black Hole Fragment on Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Black Hole Fragment
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Black Hole Fragment

Star elementals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star elementals   Star elementals Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 5:51 pm

Dante8411 wrote:

While "True" Star Elementals are not the Aurora Borealis incarnate, "Sub" Star Elememtal are the Aurora Borealis incarnate.
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

Star elementals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star elementals   Star elementals Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 3:43 am

Dante8411 wrote:

While "True" Star Elementals are not the Aurora Borealis incarnate, "Sub" Star Elememtal are the Aurora Borealis incarnate.
those must be a pretty sieght to see.
Back to top Go down
Black Hole Fragment
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Black Hole Fragment

Star elementals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star elementals   Star elementals Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 4:04 pm

luke112 wrote:
Dante8411 wrote:

those must be a pretty sieght to see.

Yes they are a pretty sieght.
Back to top Go down
Solomon

Star elementals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star elementals   Star elementals Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 7:19 pm

I wonder how many Elementals there are in Felarya?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Star elementals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star elementals   Star elementals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star elementals
Page 1 of 1