Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game

Go down 
+37
AzureJass
Merku
dracon_kitsune
Genowing
parameciumkid
Goldclaw
fwyrl
etaine
Iyeru
Thougar
Amaroq
Nyaha
Sehoolighan
sparkythechu
Grave
ZionAtriedes
vore4life99
Solomon
Prof.Nekko
kaitheguy1234
asaenvolk
Black Aquila
Jætte_Troll
Black Hole Fragment
Krisexy26
Reptillian
Vaderaz
walkingbyself
Slimetoad
Anime-Junkie
macdaddy
Asuroth
Jasconius
TheLightLost
luke112
AisuKaiko
kikijonson
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Seliky's Story!!! Would you try it out?...
Yes
Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game - Page 4 Vote_lcap93%Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 93% [ 68 ]
No
Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game - Page 4 Vote_lcap4%Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 3 ]
Maybe
Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game - Page 4 Vote_lcap3%Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 73

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
kikijonson
Marauder of the deep jungle
kikijonson

Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game   Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 8:32 pm

Solomon wrote:
um.....I couldn't play the demo could someone help me with that?

Ok here is the ssteps...

First download the game file...it should be located in a folder titled "Seliky's Story"

After that download the Audio ZIP...
once you download the Audio ZIP...extract it and place it inside the Seliky's Story Folder

then it should run fine...

if that dosent help please let me know specifically what the error says...
Back to top Go down
http://kikijonson.deviantart.com/
Grave
Grave

PostSubject: Re: Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game   Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 10:26 am

kikijonson wrote:
Grave wrote:

Tone down on the random encounters imo. It's pretty annoying to have to fight or run every 3-4 feet.

I think I got poisoned but couldn't see what it was hitting for during combat, but I'm pretty sure it was hitting decently hard on me. Make sure the player can see all this information.

Make sure you give the player an option to save after the start if you plan on including that ridiculously long intro. I've played enough of these games to know to save immediately, but what would happen if someone died, had a system error, etc while playing and hadn't saved yet? Rage, that's what.

That's all I got for now.

random Encounters are set on Adverage O_o

and the player has the option to save where ever they want...since all you need to do is open the menue screen by pressing "X" and choose "Save"

Yes, like I said, the first thing I did after overly long intro was save the game. But a happy go eager adventurer might just plow through towards the cave, accidentally die and have to go through the intro all over again. Forcing the save screen at the beginning of the game might be helpful.
Back to top Go down
kikijonson
kikijonson

PostSubject: Re: Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game   Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 10:42 am

Grave wrote:
kikijonson wrote:
Grave wrote:

Tone down on the random encounters imo. It's pretty annoying to have to fight or run every 3-4 feet.

I think I got poisoned but couldn't see what it was hitting for during combat, but I'm pretty sure it was hitting decently hard on me. Make sure the player can see all this information.

Make sure you give the player an option to save after the start if you plan on including that ridiculously long intro. I've played enough of these games to know to save immediately, but what would happen if someone died, had a system error, etc while playing and hadn't saved yet? Rage, that's what.

That's all I got for now.

random Encounters are set on Adverage O_o

and the player has the option to save where ever they want...since all you need to do is open the menue screen by pressing "X" and choose "Save"

Yes, like I said, the first thing I did after overly long intro was save the game. But a happy go eager adventurer might just plow through towards the cave, accidentally die and have to go through the intro all over again. Forcing the save screen at the beginning of the game might be helpful.

So you dont like my voice acting...I spen hours practicing that and syncing the text with my voice >.<

and no i cant add a force save...force saves causes m game to crash since I am using a unique saveing system...
Back to top Go down
macdaddy
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
macdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game   Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 10:55 am

kikijonson wrote:

So you dont like my voice acting...I spen hours practicing that and syncing the text with my voice >.<

and no i cant add a force save...force saves causes m game to crash since I am using a unique saveing system...

I think he just means non skippable cutscenes/intro can be a very annoying thing in a game.
Especially if you have to watch it each time you start a new game

But anyway downloading it now, will check the game after.
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game   Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 11:19 am

Ah yes, a skippable intro might be a good idea. It could be an Oscar-material cutscene and there will still be people who will want to skip it right away.
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
kikijonson
kikijonson

PostSubject: Re: Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game   Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 11:56 am

AisuKaiko wrote:
Ah yes, a skippable intro might be a good idea. It could be an Oscar-material cutscene and there will still be people who will want to skip it right away.

thats somthing I cant do you know...RPG maker limitations
Back to top Go down
kikijonson
kikijonson

PostSubject: Re: Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game   Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 11:57 am

macdaddy wrote:
kikijonson wrote:

I think he just means non skippable cutscenes/intro can be a very annoying thing in a game.
Especially if you have to watch it each time you start a new game

But anyway downloading it now, will check the game after.

aw ok...I just dont really know how to make it skipable
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

PostSubject: Re: Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game   Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 12:40 pm

You know, you never did answer how long until the actual release. I'm just wondering if we're taking about weeks, months, indefinitely, what have you? I'm looking forward to this, so I was wondering how long I could expect to wait. Also, the non-loading save file is going to be fixed, right?
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BoltAscendent
kikijonson
kikijonson

PostSubject: Re: Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game   Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 12:46 pm

sparkythechu wrote:
You know, you never did answer how long until the actual release. I'm just wondering if we're taking about weeks, months, indefinitely, what have you? I'm looking forward to this, so I was wondering how long I could expect to wait. Also, the non-loading save file is going to be fixed, right?

Hopefully the game will be over sometime thisyear...I just dont know when because I'm not working on it every single say you know...if I spent 24 hours a dya working on it...t'll be done in a week >.<

but just assume it'll be sometime his year ok...
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

PostSubject: Re: Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game   Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 12:52 pm

kikijonson wrote:
sparkythechu wrote:

Hopefully the game will be over sometime thisyear...I just dont know when because I'm not working on it every single say you know...if I spent 24 hours a dya working on it...t'll be done in a week >.<

but just assume it'll be sometime his year ok...

Ok. I'm going to hope it's done sooner than that though. And I am to assume that I'll be able to load my game then, right?
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game   Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 3:49 pm

Yeah, Sparky, I can tell you, from experience, that a single person working on a RPG Maker project can never give a release date that isn't "it's done when it's done." Just depends on how devoted the developer is. ^^;
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
Sehoolighan
Survivor
Survivor
Sehoolighan

PostSubject: Re: Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game   Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 4:05 pm

Truer words were never said... I think.
Back to top Go down
http://sehoolighan.deviantart.com/
Solomon

PostSubject: Re: Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game   Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 5:09 pm

I think on the whole release date issue we should all just be pattient right

Last edited by Solomon on Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kikijonson
kikijonson

PostSubject: Re: Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game   Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 7:47 pm

AisuKaiko wrote:
Yeah, Sparky, I can tell you, from experience, that a single person working on a RPG Maker project can never give a release date that isn't "it's done when it's done." Just depends on how devoted the developer is. ^^;
yeah thats pretty much how you put it...
Back to top Go down
Solomon

PostSubject: Re: Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game   Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 5:44 pm

okey I've tryed to download the demo but all it does is keep sending me here to this topic I can't help but think something might be wrong with my PC Sad
Back to top Go down
kikijonson
kikijonson

PostSubject: Re: Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game   Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 12:07 am

Solomon wrote:
okey I've tryed to download the demo but all it does is keep sending me here to this topic I can't help but think something might be wrong with my PC Sad

try clicking on the link that is on this forum
Back to top Go down
Solomon

PostSubject: Re: Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game   Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 10:27 am

um....................what link?

Last edited by Solomon on Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kikijonson
kikijonson

PostSubject: Re: Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game   Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 12:01 pm

Solomon wrote:
what link?

um...bottum of the first page where I descrbe the game...under all the screen shots...or just read thrugh the forum...
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game   Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 10:28 am

Y'know, it'd be very interesting to see a Felarya rpg which incorporates action commands into the battle system. Does this game do this, and if not, a thought for anyone else planning to make one, eh? ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Prof.Nekko
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Prof.Nekko

PostSubject: Re: Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game   Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 6:11 pm

Nyaha wrote:
Y'know, it'd be very interesting to see a Felarya rpg which incorporates action commands into the battle system. Does this game do this, and if not, a thought for anyone else planning to make one, eh? ^_^

What do you mean by action commands? Timed hits? Or just button commands to activate special skills?
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game   Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 2:17 pm

Prof.Nekko wrote:
Nyaha wrote:

What do you mean by action commands? Timed hits? Or just button commands to activate special skills?
Well, it can be anything really. The player chooses what action the character will do, then an on-screen prompt tells the player which action command to perform. On the computer, an example of an action command could be hitting a sequence of keys before the time runs out, and if succeeded, the attack causes extra damage. Action commands could also be used for defense as well. Nya, I probably can't explain it as well as some other people can, but you should know that there are games like Super Mario RPG, the Paper Mario series, and the Mario & Luigi handeheld series games all incorporate various styles of action commands into the battle system (except for Super Paper Mario for the Wii, which sucked a little because the battle system was taken out entirely).
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
kikijonson
kikijonson

PostSubject: Re: Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game   Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 12:09 pm

Nyaha wrote:
Prof.Nekko wrote:
Nyaha wrote:

Well, it can be anything really. The player chooses what action the character will do, then an on-screen prompt tells the player which action command to perform. On the computer, an example of an action command could be hitting a sequence of keys before the time runs out, and if succeeded, the attack causes extra damage. Action commands could also be used for defense as well. Nya, I probably can't explain it as well as some other people can, but you should know that there are games like Super Mario RPG, the Paper Mario series, and the Mario & Luigi handeheld series games all incorporate various styles of action commands into the battle system (except for Super Paper Mario for the Wii, which sucked a little because the battle system was taken out entirely).

I personally enjoy Super Paper Mario...just putting that out there

but no it's turned based...somewhat in a MOTHER type style...but there are interactive parts and gameplay does shift dramatically in certain parts where you will run around attacking enemies like in legend of Zelda and stuff...
Back to top Go down
kikijonson
kikijonson

PostSubject: Re: Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game   Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 1:13 am

Ok Guys I decided to exstend the demo for all of chapter 1...

here are the links you need in order to play...

Here is the Demo: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UWDCUGFP

Here is the SOundtrack: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R5FCA6CQ

please take note...none of the save files from the previous demo WILL NO work...so you need to star a new file...sorry...
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

PostSubject: Re: Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game   Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 9:34 am

Wait, do I need to redownload the music, or will the old music folder work?
Back to top Go down
Solomon

PostSubject: Re: Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game   Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 10:07 am

I can't wait to play this new demo Very Happy Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game   Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seliky's Story: A new Felarya Game
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next