Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Its a communication-palooza - Take 4

Go down 
+26
timing2
macdaddy
asaenvolk
Zoekin-3
Prof.Nekko
Shady Knight
Stabs
Slimetoad
Anime-Junkie
ravaging vixen
sparkythechu
Darkstorm Zero
AisuKaiko
Krisexy26
buddha66667
Grave
itsmeyouidiot
luke112
ZionAtriedes
dlausactor6373
moonlight-pendent13
Karbo
Archmage_Bael
Pendragon
Warrior3000
rcs619
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Its a communication-palooza - Take 4 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Its a communication-palooza - Take 4   Its a communication-palooza - Take 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 2:54 pm

buddha66667 wrote:
I am tired of seeing threads pop up about fixing the problems with the community. I have seen too many of these threads. The problems should have been able to be resolved in a single thread but one way or another each of the threads save this one has been locked/deleted.

You know...I have this lovely thread about brainstorming decisions that can be made to solve this problem. Maybe that's been being ignored a bit?

---

Sorry for the sarcasm. I feel like a lot of people still keep saying they're tired of these "lets talk" threads and then say we need a way to fix our problems. That's why I put up the thread about "Solving". It's great you're addressing every side of the argument, but I'd love to get around to deciding on something. That will be the quickest way out. It's frankly pretty embarrassing we've all been going on about this for almost 2 months. (come late march)

Can we vow to seriously try to get the ball rolling by St. Patrick's day? It's the 14th Razz

Apologies as well if this seems a little negative.
Back to top Go down
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

PostSubject: Re: Its a communication-palooza - Take 4   Its a communication-palooza - Take 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 2:59 pm

I'll be sure to check it out but don't expect me to post immediately as I need to catch up what has already been said.
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: Its a communication-palooza - Take 4   Its a communication-palooza - Take 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 3:09 pm

kay, ill answer to you mister buddha

I said that because he was pointing at me (not only me) in the first post of his thread. i said a big "ah ben tabarnak!" (which is not a good thing to say where i come from(Sean will understand ;P)) and pointed at him the same way he pointed at me. i disagree with "peace" coming over me being the bad...well..the bad jerk.

2 reasons why i didnt pm:

1-i just havent thought about it.
2-i couldnt let people "make peace" (yeah the comas are needed, im sorry) over a thread that wasnt 100% correct.

thats it for now. if i havent answered all your questions, well im sorry i havent seen them since i try not to pay attention to the posts that are depicting me as a troll. I'm not a troll. I hate injustices. thats my problem. and i tend to voice the injustice i see in a harsh way. blame me for that. also, for all the other misunderstanding, im sorry, but im not english. I do not master it at all and im still far from that. if you want me to answer at any of your question, ill be glad to do so.

i also thank stabs and bael for openly taking my defense. i seriously appreciate it guys, thank you <3. as for you karbo, well, i sent you a pm about my feelings Smile

Last edited by Krisexy26 on Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Its a communication-palooza - Take 4   Its a communication-palooza - Take 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 3:19 pm

Quote :
I said that because he was pointing at me (not only me) in the first post of his thread. i said a big "ah ben tabarnak!" (which is not a good thing to say where i come from(Sean will understand ;P)) and pointed at him the same way he pointed at me.

For those who are curious, it's a strong cuss word from Quebec. It's basically some alteration of the word "Tabernacle", which is actually this thing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_tabernacle
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: Its a communication-palooza - Take 4   Its a communication-palooza - Take 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 3:30 pm

merci sean Wink
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Its a communication-palooza - Take 4   Its a communication-palooza - Take 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 3:42 pm

Honestly, Im having to try really hard to resist the urge to give buddha a hug right now. Was he a bit blunt? Sure, but that isn't a bad thing. Not only was he fair, but he cut right to the heart of the issue, and quite frankly, is handling all of this better than almost anyone else I've seen.

Quote :
This is getting very old. But shutting up and just saying you’re sorry won’t suffice. Those parties involved need to contact each other and communicate (not flame) why exactly they aren’t seeing eye to eye. Repressing your resentment toward someone will only cause that person to lash out unnecessarily at the other party at an inappropriate time. In order for any lasting peace to last all parties involved must genuinely communicate with one another and find common ground to base their communication so that and understanding can be made between the them.
Yes we are all at fault and we should all be apologizing

This part in particular is so, so good. That was all I wanted from my threads, for everyone to at least start talking again so that we can all move on. We all have acted like asses throughout the past couple weeks, but most of us ARE friends, and friends can typically work through their differences if they start talking about it. Even for those who might not necissarily be friends, they are at least collegues, peers, etc...and with some civil communication, should be able to at least get along with one another.

Quote :
2-i couldnt let people "make peace" (yeah the comas are needed, im sorry) over a thread that wasnt 100% correct.

100% correct from YOUR point of view. I never intended ANY "barbs" "insults" or "settling of scores" with my post. In fact, I really did try to word it carefully to avoid those. Im pretty sure most of the other people who posted didn't see them either, or it would have been brought up. I also made sure that when I blamed anyone, I also blamed myself too, and pointed out how I was wrong as well.

What you COULD have done to actually help things would have been to come in, act calm and civil, and raise your concerns with my post. Then it could have been discussed in a calm, mature manner. Instead, you came in ranting about that mess on your journal that we had both already apologized for in the chatbox the day after it happened. I thought that issue had been settled and dropped. I only mentioned your journal, in passing, to show that this forum drama was having an impact outside of the forum itself, and was breeding negativity in the community as a whole.

Quote :
I'm not a troll. I hate injustices. thats my problem. and i tend to voice the injustice i see in a harsh way. blame me for that. also, for all the other misunderstanding, im sorry, but im not english. I do not master it at all and im still far from that. if you want me to answer at any of your question, ill be glad to do so.

I don't think you're a troll either, Kri. But you DO say and do some things that border very close to the edge. Honestly, the main issue is that you tend to come off as fairly sarcastic, and a decent amount of your posts can make people think that you're talking down to them, instead of talking TO them. Giving people nicknames like "police man" or calling them "mister" or "little" just really tends to rub people the wrong way, and will color your posts in a negative light. Not to mention calling them idiots and retards. You can disagree with someone without resorting to name-calling.

I think if you calmed down, treated people with a bit more respect and kept an eye on your tone, you'd be able to get in on some real discussions without frustrating anyone, or rubbing someone the wrong way.

Last edited by rcs619 on Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: Its a communication-palooza - Take 4   Its a communication-palooza - Take 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 3:48 pm

well, cliff, what goes for me goes for you.

ill just copy paste: I think if you calmed down, treated people with a bit more respect and kept an eye on your tone, you'd be able to get in on some real discussions without frustrating anyone, or rubbing someone the wrong way.

and thats the way i am. im very sarcastic. im always open to conversations with people. at the moment, its mostly bael and timing2 that are talking to me on msn and they got my sense of humor quite fast. i have your msn, but you never talk to me. if you want to get to know, just talk.

also, i think putting your moderator in exile thing is a sgn that you are still angry, which is, like you said so many times, unwelcomed on the forum
Back to top Go down
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

PostSubject: Re: Its a communication-palooza - Take 4   Its a communication-palooza - Take 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 3:58 pm

cheers
Civil discussion between adults. I feel my work here is done. Now let the healing commence.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Its a communication-palooza - Take 4   Its a communication-palooza - Take 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 4:00 pm

Krisexy26 wrote:
well, cliff, what goes for me goes for you.

ill just copy paste: I think if you calmed down, treated people with a bit more respect and kept an eye on your tone, you'd be able to get in on some real discussions without frustrating anyone, or rubbing someone the wrong way.

and thats the way i am. im very sarcastic. im always open to conversations with people. at the moment, its mostly bael and timing2 that are talking to me on msn and they got my sense of humor quite fast. i have your msn, but you never talk to me. if you want to get to know, just talk.

also, i think putting your moderator in exile thing is a sgn that you are still angry, which is, like you said so many times, unwelcomed on the forum

Fair enough. I never said I have been completely perfect in my exchanges with people lately.

I never talk to you on MSN because all I see from you on DA and the forum is anger and resentment. That tends to act like a big "Cliff is not welcome here" sign, as far as talking to you on MSN is concerned.

More of a sign of bitterness than anything, and a reminder =P

I really don't stay angry at anyone. I mean, I have my flashes of anger, but they rarely last more than a day. Im too nice to stay mad at people.

Quote :
Civil discussion between adults. I feel my work here is done. Now let the healing commence.

*grabs* Oh no you don't. You're obviously good luck. You're hanging around =P
Back to top Go down
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

PostSubject: Re: Its a communication-palooza - Take 4   Its a communication-palooza - Take 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 4:05 pm

If I have to point out why everyone is wrong in a strongly worded post one more time you all won't get off so easy. Now if this thread makes it another two pages then I'll give you all a gold star if not fear my strongly worded posts.

200th post Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: Its a communication-palooza - Take 4   Its a communication-palooza - Take 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 4:28 pm

well, i think you saw that i was online sometimes. thats a sign i wasnt closing discussions with you.

when i dont want to talk wiht someone, i just block him and it ends there. i havent blocked you my dear
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Its a communication-palooza - Take 4   Its a communication-palooza - Take 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 5:18 pm

Krisexy26 wrote:
well, i think you saw that i was online sometimes. thats a sign i wasnt closing discussions with you.

when i dont want to talk wiht someone, i just block him and it ends there. i havent blocked you my dear

Ahh. Kind of hard to tell sometimes. Some people block, others don't...and then bite the person's head off when they try and talk to them.

I don't really block people either, it just ends up hurting feelings and making more of a hassle down the road.

Plus, I'd be a huge hyprocite if I started blocking people and then called for more communication.
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: Its a communication-palooza - Take 4   Its a communication-palooza - Take 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 5:24 pm

mh mh

well now you know it Wink
Back to top Go down
Prof.Nekko
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Prof.Nekko

PostSubject: Re: Its a communication-palooza - Take 4   Its a communication-palooza - Take 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 6:31 pm

Well now glad to see things are calming down the misinterpretations are vanishing, Things are looking up for peace to come soon, so let's keep working on it!

And for those who are still having trouble relaxing, I subject you to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BsxJPnt_dg&feature=fvwrel

So let's keep it up guys and work together to a new and better Felarya!
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: Its a communication-palooza - Take 4   Its a communication-palooza - Take 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 7:18 pm

what about another calming song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUaAjEB3acg
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Its a communication-palooza - Take 4   Its a communication-palooza - Take 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 9:10 pm

haha XD not exactly what I'd listen to to calm myself down Razz
Back to top Go down
Zoekin-3
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Zoekin-3

PostSubject: Re: Its a communication-palooza - Take 4   Its a communication-palooza - Take 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 9:29 pm

To each their own.

I don't like to block people on MSN either
Back to top Go down
http://zoekin-3.deviantart.com/
asaenvolk
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
asaenvolk

PostSubject: Re: Its a communication-palooza - Take 4   Its a communication-palooza - Take 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 11:29 pm

That's because you don't appreciate a nice calming death metal song Bael.
Back to top Go down
http://asaenvolk.deviantart.com/
Zoekin-3
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Zoekin-3

PostSubject: Re: Its a communication-palooza - Take 4   Its a communication-palooza - Take 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 11:30 pm

I find that kind of thing works me up rather that calms me down if I am honest.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Its a communication-palooza - Take 4   Its a communication-palooza - Take 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 11:42 pm

I used to be a hard rocker, but I've found myself particular to soundtracks and techno. I like metal and hard rock and death metal stuff (though death metal less so) but I use it to pump my adrenaline Razz

Headbang while using photoshop. Whoops, I hit my monitor XP
Back to top Go down
Zoekin-3
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Zoekin-3

PostSubject: Re: Its a communication-palooza - Take 4   Its a communication-palooza - Take 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 11:47 pm

At the risk of getting off topic-I really like all sorts of music especially soundtracks. I play music when I'm writing. It won't surprise anyone here that I came up with Katrika while listening to T.A.T.U.

(Which might explain why she likes Anna)
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Its a communication-palooza - Take 4   Its a communication-palooza - Take 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 2:58 am

Well I'm am glad to see things are moving in the right direction ^^
Let's make no mistake, everyone have grievances in that affair and everyone will have to swallow some..
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: Its a communication-palooza - Take 4   Its a communication-palooza - Take 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 3:29 am

you had to bring vore in the thread karbo, huh? :/ alright, alright...
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: Its a communication-palooza - Take 4   Its a communication-palooza - Take 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 3:37 am

Krisexy26 wrote:
you had to bring vore in the thread karbo, huh? :/ alright, alright...

It's just a way of speaking :U
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: Its a communication-palooza - Take 4   Its a communication-palooza - Take 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 3:38 am

(ive noticed it dear)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Its a communication-palooza - Take 4   Its a communication-palooza - Take 4 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Its a communication-palooza - Take 4
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next