Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Faerin bio

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Saironthis
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Saironthis

Faerin bio Empty
PostSubject: Faerin bio   Faerin bio Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 10:17 pm

I think I posted the first version somewhere, but I can't find it.

Faerin Bio
Race: Chilotaur
Height: 65 Feet.
Hair: Shoulder length, Black.
Eyes: Green
Human Skin: Tanned with various scars
Insectile Section: Black

Outfit- Wears a tattered, faded green colored trench coat with pockets that reaches down to her legs. Said coat has many various shaped pockets. Also carries a damaged backpack and a collapsible spear. During the daytime, she also wears a hat made from reeds in order to keep the sun out of her eyes.
Physical Description- Her human half is normally colored, her black hair runs down to her shoulders and her eyes are green. She has twenty pairs of legs running down her insectile section, which is black. Her ingredient gathering trips around Felarya have caused her some minor difficulties which resulted in minor scars on various sections of her body.

Background- Faerin was born in the darkness of the dridder forest. She was adopted by a elder dridder claiming to be from Supprozad, who taught her how to fight and survive while alone in the world, often at the expense of others. Unfortunately, it came back to haunt the dridder after another chilotaur introduced her to alcohol. After a misunderstanding, Faerin stole the dridder’s precious coat and backpack, and set off into the world on her own, eventually stealing a spear in the process. Currently, Faerin is causally living in Bulvon woods. She’s had a few adventures to the more identifiable regions of Felarya and has the scars to prove it. She typically rests in an old log somewhere hidden deep within the forest. While she has settled into her home, she often leaves, convincing other predators to help her find the ingredients to make the ultimate drink. She keeps most of her “stash” which consists of various herbs and failed experiments at her house. She learned her odd way of speaking from a friendly traveling human, whom she learned the VERY basic properties of alchemy from. She even has a book to prove it. Eventually, he left, and she never got to see him again. What he taught her impressed her so much that she adopted his way of talking to remember him by. Most of the chilotaur that live around the bulvon wood call her “Bad Egg”, as most of the “advice” Faerin gives is not well received by others; while humans call her “Black Sheep” because unlike most chilotaur, she is not afraid to eat humans at all.

Personality- She hides behind the personality of a normal chilotaur, often to lure humans to her or to deceive predators into wanting to help her. Faerin is very detached to others, and cares little about those she tricks into helping her beyond the fact that if they died, it would impact their ability to actually help her. She is quite prideful, though she speaks in an English Cockney accent. An interesting thing to note is that while she’s drunk, she speaks proper English (Like this, old chap!) She’s quite willing to aggressively dispense “advice” at any opportunity, often the point of becoming insistent that her way is the best way. She often uses this as an argument that’s she’s not a terrible person. She focuses often on making sure she’s as prepared as she can be for any expedition, and advises others to do the same.

Feeding Habits- She’s severely damaged most of her taste buds through her experiments with alcohol (many of them involving poisonous mushrooms and the like). Most things simply have no flavor without her precious swill. Of course, this means if you have alcohol and are willing to part with it, getting spared is easy. If she’s close to full, she may also let you go simply because she doesn’t want to be reminded of the taste she lost.

Likes and Dislikes- Faerin goes beyond simply liking alcohol. She practically worships it to the point where she’s compromised a few internal functions of her body, the most prominent being her sense of smell. She is also deeply fond of her expeditions into the world to gather ingredients towards pursuit of the ultimate drink. Some humans and predators have met terrible fates for denying her of her vitriolic bile. She is proud of her way of speech, and doesn’t tolerate anyone trying to insult it, or also attempting to get her to correct it. She also dislikes having her views on life challenged, no matter how true the arguer sounds (and how right they may actually be!).

Friends and Enemies- Faerin’s alcohol centered lifestyle has distanced herself from most other predators, barring other chilotaur and slug girls. Most harpies she meets actually can’t understand the way she talks, and this caused one too many fights between them. Due to a couple of incidents, she actually doesn’t like angels. Her initial meeting with Markie went well, until they found out their viewpoints on the importance of children vastly differ (As Faerin usually loses forty eight out of fifty children) Reason prevailed, and the two agreed to leave each other alone. Later, other angels intervened in an attempt to get her to renounce her lifestyle. This caused her to blame Markie for those troubles, and she’s disliked angels ever since, thinking they were too haughty for their own good. She considers Nix a friend, and the two have quite the natter, usually ending in a sampling or a drinking contest. (Though Nix wins most of these, much to Faerin’s disbelief)

(With Credits to Anime-junkie for help with edits)

Last edited by Saironthis on Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:08 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://thatonedude236.deviantart.com/
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

Faerin bio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faerin bio   Faerin bio Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 3:29 pm

Interesting, if disagreeable, character. I think you need to state the fact that she's a Chilotaur earlier on. That's my assessment. ^.^
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

Faerin bio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faerin bio   Faerin bio Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 9:05 am

Yeah, as Nyaha said, you need to state her race.
Quote :
She is also trained in some minor fire magic, specifically “Burning Hands” and “Fireball”.
This seems odd, considering a Chilotaurs habitat. I'd think them adverse to fire magic. Also, who trained her?
Quote :
Feeding Habits- She’s destroyed most of her tastebuds through her experiments with alcohol.
I'm pretty sure impossible, unless it was acidic. Tastebuds grow back anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Saironthis
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Saironthis

Faerin bio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faerin bio   Faerin bio Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 5:20 am

Anime-Junkie wrote:
Yeah, as Nyaha said, you need to state her race.

Duly noted, I will have to mention she is a chilotaur from the get go next time.

Anime-Junkie wrote:
This seems odd, considering a Chilotaurs habitat. I'd think them adverse to fire magic. Also, who trained her?

Initially it is, but remember that chilotaur exist in more than the Bulvon Wood. Then keep in mind that some brewing processes require or at least benefit from a constant sort of heat. It's not impossible (consider Prison Moonshine) to brew alcohol without fire, but it certainly helps. Since it is the Bulvon Wood, you typically need more heat and fire to dry and ignite damped wood. Something a simple flint can't provide.

However, I have been advised to switch the magic to a rudimentary (Mix things up and see what happens) form of Alchemy to eliminate magic from the equation entirely. I find this a favorable direction as it complements her nature of mixing things to try and find the "Perfect Alcohol". I would have this taught by the human she learned her Cockney accent from.

As for who trained her, if this were the final draft, I would say that you're simply asking the right questions. Then reveal later that she was raised in the dridder forest by a dridder who trained her in magic and how to use that spear. (And also explain that coat in a neat, simple package)

However, this seems a little contrived. She still definitely will have the dridder forest as her hometown, but probably used it as a medium to practice tricking others into helping her get what she wants. This makes the coat and spear stolen items, which would explain how the coat is so damaged and how she hardly knows how to wield it.

Anime-Junkie wrote:
I'm pretty sure impossible, unless it was acidic. Tastebuds grow back anyway.

They grow back? Biology fail on my part, then.

As for the "acidic", as of this post, there is no mention to how chilotaur manually mix their alcohol, considering how humans are now rarely encountered rather than a menu staple. In the example of "Prison moonshine" most of them would simply throw a bunch of ingredients together and have them ferment, making sure to not use poisonous mushrooms, venom from other creatures, etc. (or that's how I interpret it)

Faerin, however, seeks to create the "Ultimate Drink", no matter what. Thus many safety conventions go out the window for her. Since other chilotaur and slug girls know this, that leaves only herself to test out her concoctions on. Repeated exposure to not safe to ingest things doesn't do a body good.

Good questions, though. Sorry for the wall of text and thanks for the feedback!

Back to top Go down
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

Faerin bio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faerin bio   Faerin bio Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 9:21 pm

Saironthis wrote:
here's the second draft for no one to read.
Firstly this is the wrong attitude to take if you are requesting critique, don't try to force something on someone it only makes people try to avoid you.

Again as said before state your race earlier as it make the earlier parts of the bio make more sense. How would she compromise internal body functions with the Felarya's healing factor?

I can't see anything else that could be fixed right now that hasn't already been said, but that might just be the fact that it's 12:20 a.m. and I need to get to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Saironthis
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Saironthis

Faerin bio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faerin bio   Faerin bio Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 6:09 pm

Now edited for final draft purposes. Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Faerin bio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faerin bio   Faerin bio Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Faerin bio
Page 1 of 1