Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stress Relief Thread

Go down 
+5
Archmage_Bael
ZionAtriedes
Anime-Junkie
Krisexy26
nightgolem
9 posters
AuthorMessage
nightgolem
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
nightgolem

Stress Relief Thread Empty
PostSubject: Stress Relief Thread   Stress Relief Thread Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 10:17 pm

I thought it might be fun to have a thread full of stress relief suggestions. The point of the topic is basically list the ways you know how to release your stress. Then we can all read all the posts and learn from them. Every day life can often times pile stress, so think of this thread as help taking off a few life stress bags XD

------

So, shall I start with a few ones? I know more then the ones I'm listing but I'll give others a chance to say more before listing the rest.

1. Drawing
Doing this on paper with your feelings poured in it can often times be a good way to calm down. It lets out some of the pent up negative energy and you make some pretty art!

2. Writing poems
Even if they sound bad, even if you will never share them. Sometimes it just feels good to pour all your feelings out in to words.

3. Meditating
There are many ways to go about meditating. The way your body is positioned or where it is it doesn't matter so as long as you can reach the meditative state of mind.

4. Music
Be it positive vibed music or something that fits your mood or a character music can help you calm and curl down. It can feel like the singers words are playing out your heart.

5. Incense
There are some of all kinds. I know when I burn some I can feel my muscles and mind uncoil and calm down, relax. Be it some strange named incense or something as simple as apply pie a good smell you like can really help.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/lostdemise/
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: Stress Relief Thread   Stress Relief Thread Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 3:25 am

sex is THE solution. and im serious :/
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Stress Relief Thread   Stress Relief Thread Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 4:04 am

So Krisexy... Does that mean you're ging to do what Timing2 suggested? Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
nightgolem
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
nightgolem

PostSubject: Re: Stress Relief Thread   Stress Relief Thread Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 7:02 am

Please take this thread serious and don't post off topic and no I do not believe you are serious when you call sex the solution.

After all sex can be what is causing someone immense stress and trouble, or that person might be a virgin whom doesn't want to give it up just because someone said its stress relief, then there are those who get no pleasure from sex, then there are those whom have sexual fears. The list of reasons why sex would not be THE solution goes on and on. So please, be constructive and stop making jokes.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Stress Relief Thread   Stress Relief Thread Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 9:02 am

Jokes are a method of stress relief since they induce laughter, an activity known to reduce stress.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: Stress Relief Thread   Stress Relief Thread Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 9:29 am

nightgolem wrote:
Please take this thread serious and don't post off topic and no I do not believe you are serious when you call sex the solution.
Nnn, but sex is actually an effective method of stress relief. Of course, I agree that psychologically, it can be troublesome, but on a purely physiological level it is quite therapeutic. I can think of much worse ways to release endorphins, after all.

Going out to the firing range works well for me. I mean, you can argue that you're not a gun person, but don't knock it until you've actually let off a few rounds. It's a fucking amazing feeling, I assure you. Plus, if you know what you're doing, you have to concentrate on focusing, control your breathing, and just... lose yourself in the very process of guiding that round into the target. The whole world disappears when you aim right. Nothing else matters except you, the weapon, and the target.
Back to top Go down
nightgolem
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
nightgolem

PostSubject: Re: Stress Relief Thread   Stress Relief Thread Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 10:24 am

Yes sex can relief stress for some people, but I was just saying to those who suggested it was THE stress relief that it wasn't.

Anime and Zoin, though both of those methods wouldn't work for me they can still be quite effective methods. I don't have that much humor, jokes usually just serve as a way to annoy the hell out of me. It is still a very effective way to release stress. Firing ranges can be too, I agree with that. If not for the multiple lifetimes I can recall of being in wars I might actually feel comfortable picking one up.

Besides being wonderful for stress release firing range practice can help you become good with guns so that if you ever do need to use one for self defense you would be more likely to shoot the attacker and not yourself.

Another good way for stress relief is just talking to a friend. Sometimes just talking to someone in private that you know can feel very relaxing and calming.
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: Stress Relief Thread   Stress Relief Thread Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 2:39 pm

gun thing is "okay" but i disagree with the reason you gave.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Stress Relief Thread   Stress Relief Thread Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 10:44 am

*ahem* Sex is not only a stress reliever, but it's healthy, it relieves pain, boosts cardio health, fights aging...the list goes on. Whether or not you're afraid of sex, if you want to live a healthy life you should have it.

Another way I relieve stress is to work out (which tends to not do much really, I have an insane metabolism). I also enjoy hanging out with a friend, that tends to be the most successful for me right now.
Back to top Go down
nightgolem
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
nightgolem

PostSubject: Re: Stress Relief Thread   Stress Relief Thread Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 12:59 pm

Bael did you read all of the reasons why sex is not a stress reliever for everyone? Also, just because something is physically healthy for someone doesn't mean it is emotionally or mentally healthy for you. One should remember that each one of those things are very important, not just your physical health. Also if the person doesn't want it, it will not feel good to them and will not benefit them in the least.

Just as tea is good for ones physical health but not everyone drinks it, as not everyone eats the foods healthy for them, ect ect ect. Different people have different tastes, that is what makes the world so interesting. Nobody should or shouldn't have sex, just like nobody should or shouldn't have specific fruits.

Also, bear in mind most with sexual fears like myself got them from rape so telling them they should have it anyway isn't exactly something that's going to be very effective on them.

A way to relief stress can be hitting something that you wont break or hurt yourself on when you do it, that way you can let out all your energy and frustrations in those punches or kicks.

Another is hot baths or showers, depending on the person. Then again I suppose for some it could even tick them off more, but at least baths or showers still can feel very relieving to some. For me its showers, I feel like warm rain is falling all over me and cleansing me, and it feels so nice to brush away any dirt from myself and to come out all clean and my hair annoyingly fluffed up.
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: Stress Relief Thread   Stress Relief Thread Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 2:16 pm

sex is healthy as long as you protect yourself. its physical. its enjoyable. its natural. you feel smooth after, which for the psychology part. and while youre doing it, i dont think youre thinking about your probs

also, when you do sex, you and your partner usually want to..that is if we forget rape..
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Stress Relief Thread   Stress Relief Thread Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 4:20 pm

Rape... it happens, and that's unfortunate. However, just as not everyone is relieved by sex, so neither are the majority of people afraid of it. Sex in general is recommended by physicians, if you don't want to have it to relieve stress then that's your decision, but for the most part sex is a good thing.

Last edited by Archmage_Bael on Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: Stress Relief Thread   Stress Relief Thread Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 4:25 pm

thank you bagel Wink
Back to top Go down
CauldronBorn24
Loremaster
CauldronBorn24

PostSubject: Re: Stress Relief Thread   Stress Relief Thread Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 4:34 pm

Playing a tough physical sport, somewhat of a variation of what Adam suggested by going to the gym, expect this time you get to focus your rage on an individual on the opositions team.
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: Stress Relief Thread   Stress Relief Thread Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 4:57 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
*ahem* Sex is not only a stress reliever, but it's healthy, it relieves pain, boosts cardio health, fights aging...the list goes on. Whether or not you're afraid of sex, if you want to live a healthy life you should have it.
This is all very true, and I would recommend a healthy sex life to those for whom it is available. However, there are alternative exercises with extremely similar benefits.
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: Stress Relief Thread   Stress Relief Thread Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 4:58 pm

youre right zion theres other alternatives....

DODGEBALL!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

PostSubject: Re: Stress Relief Thread   Stress Relief Thread Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 4:59 pm

I like dodgeball, myself. I never got the old stereotype of all the jocks picking on the uncool kids in dodgeball. WHen I played it in school, everyone had fun, and some of the less athletic kids could still hold their own.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Stress Relief Thread   Stress Relief Thread Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 5:06 pm

ZionAtriedes wrote:
I like dodgeball, myself. I never got the old stereotype of all the jocks picking on the uncool kids in dodgeball. WHen I played it in school, everyone had fun, and some of the less athletic kids could still hold their own.

Actually, for my school, it was the skinny little kids who the most dangerous.
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: Stress Relief Thread   Stress Relief Thread Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 5:18 pm

pretty hard to get those lil skinny bastards :F
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

PostSubject: Re: Stress Relief Thread   Stress Relief Thread Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 9:35 pm

Ah yeah, I was an excellent dodger. Not the best pitcher, but I was hard as hell to hit.
Back to top Go down
PrinnyDood
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
PrinnyDood

PostSubject: Re: Stress Relief Thread   Stress Relief Thread Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 2:42 am

Robot Unicorn Attack, and similar games, I often find do wonders to relieve stress. Geometry Wars was my go-to-game for a long time actually. Also, 30 minutes of good old fashioned brisk walking can do wonders if I'm nottoo stressed.

I never got to play dodgeball, but me and a group of friends did play a number of variants on the game using Nerf bows and arrows when I was much younger. I was a killer shot with those things... at least compared to other 12-year-olds. lol!

Good times.
Back to top Go down
http://prinnydood-abides.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Stress Relief Thread   Stress Relief Thread Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 6:46 am

I write stuff often to relieve stress, or I go out and pick a few berries from our freshly grown trees.

Sometimes cleaning up the house gives me a clear mind, usually before I cook, which also gives me time to reflect.
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: Stress Relief Thread   Stress Relief Thread Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 8:54 pm

a major stress relief for me is to play Xbox live solo either on Reach or Cod and just blast charlie away.
another way is for me to cuddle with my puppy dog.
another way is to watch RvB or epic Fail vids,
Another Major strees Relief for me is to Burn stuff (In a controled manner mind you), though this is not very often but when it does happen it takes away huge amounts of stress away and leaves me stress free for a few days or 1 day if its monday.... Neutral
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Stress Relief Thread   Stress Relief Thread Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 9:55 pm

I'd play reach myself if I had xbox live gold. Stopped paying for it - $60 per year is not worth it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stress Relief Thread   Stress Relief Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stress Relief Thread
Page 1 of 1