Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Utilities

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

Utilities Empty
PostSubject: Utilities   Utilities Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 12:10 pm

Do places like Negav and Nekomura have plumbing and electricity? What about Safe Harbour? If so, how does it work? Where does it come from? If nobody knows, let's figure it out here. ^.^
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
asaenvolk
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
asaenvolk

Utilities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Utilities   Utilities Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 12:13 pm

the one thing I would hope for is pluming.
Back to top Go down
http://asaenvolk.deviantart.com/
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

Utilities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Utilities   Utilities Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 12:14 pm

Negav has plumbing. It has electricity, which is often powered through magic, but isn't used by all citizens. It also has its own set of leylines, which are also only used by part of the populace.

All these utilities are handled in facilities in the underground. The exact details are unknown - maybe Negav washes its waste into the Motamo River, maybe into an underground river, maybe they have magic purifiers, etc. etc.

Nekomura is mostly a tree-top community and I doubt they have plumbing and electricity.

Safe Harbour I'm unsure of but I doubt it has these on an organized scale - but they might have smaller individual generators and cisterns.

Last edited by Jætte_Troll on Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Utilities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Utilities   Utilities Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 12:15 pm

I can kind of see it in Negav, although it would be different from our own. But Nekomura and Safe Harbor? They're not even at our level of technology, so no, there's no way they could have plumbing or electricity. Nekomura has houses in the trees. How'd you expect to get plumbing or electricity in the trees?

JT, Nekomura isn't tree-top strictly. It says that some, not all, of its houses are in the trees.

Quote :
A Neko village, south of Tolmeshal forest. While a sizable population of Nekos live within Negav, a much larger community remains outside the safety of the city's walls in the Nekomura village. Nekomura has a somewhat rustic feel to it, with simple dwellings on the ground and various structures built into the sides of the great trees that surround them. Interestingly, instead of traditional rope bridges linking the tree dwellings together, there are merely straight ropes! Given the amazing balance and agility of nekos, sprinting across a half-inch rope is as easy as running across a wide stone bridge. The people here are mostly content and feel relatively safe even though they are outside the protective walls of Negav. This hasn't always been the case, however.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

Utilities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Utilities   Utilities Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 12:23 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
I can kind of see it in Negav, although it would be different from our own. But Nekomura and Safe Harbor? They're not even at our level of technology, so no, there's no way they could have plumbing or electricity. Nekomura has houses in the trees. How'd you expect to get plumbing or electricity in the trees?

JT, Nekomura isn't tree-top strictly. It says that some, not all, of its houses are in the trees.

Quote :
A Neko village, south of Tolmeshal forest. While a sizable population of Nekos live within Negav, a much larger community remains outside the safety of the city's walls in the Nekomura village. Nekomura has a somewhat rustic feel to it, with simple dwellings on the ground and various structures built into the sides of the great trees that surround them. Interestingly, instead of traditional rope bridges linking the tree dwellings together, there are merely straight ropes! Given the amazing balance and agility of nekos, sprinting across a half-inch rope is as easy as running across a wide stone bridge. The people here are mostly content and feel relatively safe even though they are outside the protective walls of Negav. This hasn't always been the case, however.

Actually, that could be a whole other scam. Maybe the Magiocrats provide a couple magical generators...but only the Magiocrats know how to maintain and recharge them. Not saying the entire city would have them, but it could be possible that the Nekos may want electricity in a few key areas of the city, same with the Matomo Docks.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Utilities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Utilities   Utilities Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 1:06 pm

I actually talked to Karbo when I wanted to describe Nekomura, they'd pretty much on low level technology, so I highly doubt they'd need electricity.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

Utilities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Utilities   Utilities Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 12:18 pm

I read in the wiki, under Actinite, "In the same Ore familly, the Aquanite generates moisture when magical energy is applied." I don't suppose that Negav could have a blumbing system that uses large amount of Aquanite to make water, do you?
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

Utilities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Utilities   Utilities Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Utilities
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: Idea forums :: Ideas discussion-
Jump to: