Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Felarya Land Vehicles

Go down 
+10
DarkOne
Stabs
Rezec
vore4life99
ZionAtriedes
Black Aquila
Solomon
space_samurai
Anime-Junkie
Axel Hunter
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Stabs
Stabs

Felarya Land Vehicles - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 10:11 am

Sorry about the necro, here's an idea I just had.

Wind Rower

This ship looks like a barque on tracks with several sails that completely wrap around its deck. The Wind Rower is another alternative for large amounts of people or cargo moving through Akaptor. It uses tracks to get maximum traction against the sand, moving in short jerks overland.

The Wind Rower employs its sails to propel itself with the wind, but it isn't pushed like a common ship. Instead, the backward movement in the wind sails forces several scoops into the sand, mooring the vehicle; a torsion spring is fed by the masts' movement meanwhile. Once the masts have been pulled back completely, the torsion spring is released, feeding the engine, removing the scoops, and returning the masts to high position. Gravity throws the scoops back down afterwards, preventing the vehicle from moving backwards even if the wind is against it.

Early engines were ignored in favor of simply having the masts turn the axles, but the staggered motion proved unbearable for most people. Contemporary engines feed a clockwork device, which in turn makes the axles spin inside the tracks. The same engine takes care of steering. Trying to make people row through a piping hot desert is impracticable.
Back to top Go down
Bandur Khan
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Bandur Khan

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 10:53 am

I would refer to the Sand Barques of The Return of the Jedi.
You know - Sort of these Jabba-the-Hutt-Thingies.

Because: If it is obviously no Problem to find some Spark Scratcherz able to cast a Levitation Spell - then You surely will find some who are able to make something like this float. Because this Thing is just one `Item´ - with no Willpower at all. Would be a great Deal of a Business Idea for them either.
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 11:00 am

The problem there is making something huge levitate. I know Shady makes it sound like it's no biggie, but that's because he's talking about a party of a few people, not a mass of metal carrying people and cargo inside. That should need something else.
Back to top Go down
Bandur Khan
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Bandur Khan

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 11:05 am

Hm... I see. Then we have the first Purpose for the HERMES-Material (which I wrote about earlier in my Collection of exotic Meta-Materials).

Well - it is not the Material itself making it interesting - it´s the Aggregate State it normally is in - it vibrates at a special Rate, so it negotiates the Gravitation Effect. So You can build a Hoverboard. Or something else You like.
Back to top Go down
ChristianBethel
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
ChristianBethel

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2020 4:38 pm

Is there a thread where I can discuss the possibility of flying vehicles in Felarya? I figured most of these problems could be solved with them. There would be great restrictions on their use of course, and only specialized pilots would be able to fly them.

Or, I have an even better idea: what about a ground vehicle that has flight capabilities?
Back to top Go down
https://christianbethel.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Land Vehicles   Felarya Land Vehicles - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Felarya Land Vehicles
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3