Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Parasites to shapeshifters

Go down 
+4
ZionAtriedes
Jætte_Troll
Shady Knight
Lobo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Lobo
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

Parasites to shapeshifters Empty
PostSubject: Parasites to shapeshifters   Parasites to shapeshifters Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 2:12 pm

Whilst not an actual species in themselves, a minor few humans, although only one presently exists, can be infected my a symbiotic parasite, that burrows into the body and replaces the heart. The parasite itself exists in the void between realities, and are incredibly voracious. To allow its host to survive, the parasite enables at first minor shapeshifting and regenerative abilities to its host, allowing them to thicken their skin or form fangs and small claws, and regenerate from minor injuries.

However, if the host survives several months, the relationship becomes far more symbiotic. The host is enabled to metamorphose its body further, forming blades and whips, and becomes able of regenerating limbs, and even decapitation and other typically lethal injuries. However, this immense power is also the creatures downfall. Due to the strain of such abilities, the hosts metabolism works overtime, and without sufficient nourishment, will die within a matter of days.

Such humans may also leech life and biomass from other living creatures if a food source suitable enough can't be found. This particular ability can be used to survive consumption even by Feralyas unique predators, my forming a makeshift umbilicus, turning the host into a secondary parasite. This can last until the human is able to free itself (ie, cutting its way out)

However, as afformentioned, if the human body isn't nourished , it shall rapidly liquidate, before dying. If new biomass is absorbed within the hour, there is a remote possibility of the individual reconstructing themselves. Due to Feralyas unique flora and fauna however, it is possible for this individual to thrive.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Parasites to shapeshifters   Parasites to shapeshifters Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 2:52 pm

This sounds like a rip-off of Prototype. Now, my big problem with it is that it's awfully convenient that it can burrow its way in a human's heart, one of the most vital organs in the human body, and not cause any life-threatening harm. Even if it has healing, I'm pretty sure that opening a hole in a person's heart would have catastrophic results. Also, this is easily overpowered if a single infected human can seemingly single-handedly kill a giant predator simply by eating it from the inside.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Parasites to shapeshifters   Parasites to shapeshifters Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 3:04 pm

I'm not sure that it could replace a human heart if it exists "In the void between realities".

A heart, or something taking the place of a heart, should probably be, you know, real.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: Parasites to shapeshifters   Parasites to shapeshifters Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 3:06 pm

Well gee, if you're going to draw influence from something, I would at least hope you'd make it less obvious.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Parasites to shapeshifters   Parasites to shapeshifters Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 3:09 pm

Just a note to future newcomers: Just because it's cool in one setting doesn't mean it's cool in all settings. Now, I made a mistake about digging into a heart, but the point stand still: if the heart suddenly vanished and was replaced by something else, even in a split second, I'm pretty sure it would cause catastrophic harm for the human.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: Parasites to shapeshifters   Parasites to shapeshifters Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 3:41 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
Just a note to future newcomers: Just because it's cool in one setting doesn't mean it's cool in all settings.
You have just earned yourself a quote in my sig.
Back to top Go down
Lobo
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Parasites to shapeshifters   Parasites to shapeshifters Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 4:30 pm

I do have one question, what's Prototype?
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Parasites to shapeshifters   Parasites to shapeshifters Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 4:48 pm

Prototype is a video game for the PC, Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.
This is Alex Mercer:
In prototype you play Alex Mercer, a man who is now mostly some sort of parasite. He his insanely powerful, taking on armies, hordes of zombies and jumping of multi story buildings without a scratch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Lobo
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Parasites to shapeshifters   Parasites to shapeshifters Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 4:53 pm

Dang, I based my idea off of Dreamcatcher by Stephen King.
Back to top Go down
Black Aquila
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Black Aquila

PostSubject: Re: Parasites to shapeshifters   Parasites to shapeshifters Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 9:17 pm

Lobo wrote:
Dang, I based my idea off of Dreamcatcher by Stephen King.
Funny, I thought you got it from the manga Parasyte.
Back to top Go down
Lobo
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Parasites to shapeshifters   Parasites to shapeshifters Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 4:30 am

Nope, well, I suppose that idea is down the pan.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Parasites to shapeshifters   Parasites to shapeshifters Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 9:30 am

For some reason I feel like I've heard this parasite done alot of times before, not just iin old manga or movies.

Might need something new to keep it fresh.
Back to top Go down
Lobo
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Parasites to shapeshifters   Parasites to shapeshifters Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 4:57 pm

Actually, the whole idea basis comes from an article i read about a fish they found in the amazon
Back to top Go down
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: Parasites to shapeshifters   Parasites to shapeshifters Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 10:20 pm

... Wait, I'm confused. Is the whole idea based on some fish of the Amazon (though I have never heard of a fish that eats a heart and replaces it, then enters another dimension and allows its host to become a parasite itself of larger predators) or did you base the whole idea off the Dreamcatcher (which I don't recall having heart-replacing aliens that live in another dimension...)
Back to top Go down
Lobo
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Parasites to shapeshifters   Parasites to shapeshifters Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 4:33 am

Allow me to fully explain, as I am confusing. The very initial basis came from an article I read about a little mollusc that bite off a fishes tongue, and then attatches itself in ts place, becoming a pseudo symbitotic relationship, as the fish can now eat, and the mollusc can get a share. The solid idea formed when I read Dreamcatcher, as the Shit Weasels (that's the name of the aliens) gestate in a humans stomach, causing a type of moss to grow on their skin, before eating their way out of the individuals anus, killing them. Final ideas for actual shapeshifting came from watching Slither, as an infected guy gains tentacle like growths after an alien slug gets into his skin.

I hope that clears things up
Back to top Go down
Lobo
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Parasites to shapeshifters   Parasites to shapeshifters Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 8:39 am

I'll need to revise this idea.
Back to top Go down
Lobo
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Parasites to shapeshifters   Parasites to shapeshifters Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 10:48 am

So, is this de powered enough?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parasites to shapeshifters   Parasites to shapeshifters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Parasites to shapeshifters
Page 1 of 1