Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dimensional Gates

Go down 
+3
Iavlas
Shady Knight
Anime-Junkie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

Dimensional Gates  Empty
PostSubject: Dimensional Gates    Dimensional Gates  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 5:29 am

Click here for the actual article
I'm using google docs because it's easy. I don't have to update a post, I just have to type in the google doc. Furthermore, I don't have do use BBcode, I can just use formatting tools similar to MS word.

So what is this article? It's an unfinished outline of what Dimensional gates must do in order to work. You may be wondering what the difference is between how something works and this.
Well the answer is easy. This article simply defines that in order for a dimensional gate to be a dimension gate, it has to do X, Y and Z. It's up to authors how they want dimensional gates to work. All this article would do if accepted as canon would be to provide a framework that ensures some degree of consistency between stories.

I believe that this is a far better approach then trying to figure out how Dimension gates work and then saying "This is how they work, use these." That approach is quite restrictive to writers. They can't really come up with their own look and feel for dimensional gates since they've already been precisely defined. I believe they shouldn't be, since in a world where they existed there would be countless ways for dimensional gates to work, magical and technology.

So in conclusion, I really hope I don't disappoint anyone with this; I think it works pretty well. So please, give your comments, opinions and critiques.

For those who can't use google docs:

Last edited by Anime-Junkie on Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

Dimensional Gates  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Gates    Dimensional Gates  Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 4:30 pm

Updated the OP with a link that actually works.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Dimensional Gates  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Gates    Dimensional Gates  Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 4:58 pm

AJ, post it in the actual forum. I can no longer access google docs because my password no longer works for some reason.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Iavlas
Helpless prey

Dimensional Gates  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Gates    Dimensional Gates  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 10:52 am

very interesting, this does allow a bit of breathing room for a writer. ive never been a scientifically or mathematically acclimated person, but this does sound good
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

Dimensional Gates  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Gates    Dimensional Gates  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 2:48 pm

what sean said

seriously.
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Dimensional Gates  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Gates    Dimensional Gates  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 4:55 pm

I agree. It should go on the forum.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

Dimensional Gates  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Gates    Dimensional Gates  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 6:24 pm

Done. Apparently the forum editor mode recognises google docs formatting, barely.

Last edited by Anime-Junkie on Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheArchvile
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
TheArchvile

Dimensional Gates  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Gates    Dimensional Gates  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 8:09 pm

I personally don't mind google docs, do you even need an account to consult it?
Very nice work by the way AJ, dunno how I missed this...
Back to top Go down
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

Dimensional Gates  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Gates    Dimensional Gates  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 3:09 am

TheArchvile wrote:
I personally don't mind google docs, do you even need an account to consult it?
Very nice work by the way AJ, dunno how I missed this...

Depends on the setup of the author, how sharing is implemented. I use Google Docs to provide extensive commission info so that artists don't have to register on my site to get it. Then again though, my domain is integrated through Google Apps, so it is very easy for me to share/use them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dimensional Gates  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dimensional Gates    Dimensional Gates  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dimensional Gates
Page 1 of 1