Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Detection and Identification around Negav's Walls

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Detection and Identification around Negav's Walls Empty
PostSubject: Detection and Identification around Negav's Walls   Detection and Identification around Negav's Walls Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 10:15 am

It came to my attention that the security around could use some more clarification.

The Compendium known as Wiki wrote:
these entryways are heavily guarded not only by weapons, but also all manner of detection devices and identification spells, to ensure that nothing sneaks in that isn't welcome.

It's not very clear what exactly they do. It's pretty safe to assume that the detection devices are Vishmital technology and they act like a sensor array or radar, and detect incoming creatures from a distance in order to prepare the soldiers in the eventuality of a large threat. Due to the lack of details about the Vishmitals, it's unknown if they detect magic or not.

The spells are more ambiguous. There are quite a lot of types of identification. There is revealing the true appearance of a creature, in which case it counters illusions and shapeshifting. It could identify whatever items a person is holding on its person, and if magical, reveal what they are. In which case, it acts like a magic item detector (further proving my analogy of airport security). It could identify the species of a creature, or it identify its identity, like some kind of passport check, or identify magic if the person is a mage.

It all could use some clarification.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

Detection and Identification around Negav's Walls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Detection and Identification around Negav's Walls   Detection and Identification around Negav's Walls Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 3:08 pm

Hmm... I'd say we should define what they detect, not how the spells work. While I love detail sometimes it really isn't worth going that far.

Sean, magical devices exist so there's no reason to assume that the all detection devices are Vishmital in origin, though many probably are.

I was discussing this with Cauldronborn at a previous point in time and we agreed that in addition to the detection spells and devices in the gates there would also be a small team of mages on each gate to help deal with threats and question people on the function of their artefacts if any threateningly powerful ones are detected on someone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com

Detection and Identification around Negav's Walls
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: General forums :: General discussion-
Jump to: