Felarya

Felarya forum
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 General Q and A

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Vaderaz
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
avatar

Posts : 260
Join date : 2008-06-03
Age : 25
Location : Spain

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:40 pm

From what I read here it looks like there is only one kind of kensha beast, but can't there be different subspecies?
If the idea wasn't mentioned, I think it might be an interesting one, many possibilities there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://vaderaz.deviantart.com/
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
avatar

Posts : 1835
Join date : 2007-12-08
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:47 pm

rcs619 wrote:
There is the Ethiopian Wolf, but that isn't relavent to the discussion.
It doesn't belong to canis lupus family contrary to the Egyptian jackal who is a subspecie of grey wolf but indeed it's not relevant to this discussion

rcs619 wrote:
I imagine a lot of this is from just not seeing Kenshas in action a lot. There's probably quite a few ways to make them something other than "just giant wolves". In the end though, its Randomdude's idea, so he'd have to be the one to do it.
It's funny because before you claimed it was more a jackal like creature than a wolf I show you there is indeed a wolf that's look like a jackal now it's now the original creator to decide. You start to do some progress ,it's good

Amaroq wrote:
Let's just agree with "It looks like a canine". ;-P
I don't care but this affirmation the kensha beast is not a wolf but a jackal was launched only people doesn't like wolf and claimed the original entry was an old one and need to be rewritten just because they dislike it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
avatar

Posts : 2690
Join date : 2007-12-16
Age : 24
Location : The Country of Kangaroos and Criminal Scum

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:48 pm

Yep, there's already a thread on it Vaderaz: Kensha Beast Subspecies and Relatives.

I believe that Rezec came up with a kensha relative on his idea thread.

Gwada and cliff, your discussion should be taken to it's own thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
avatar

Posts : 1589
Join date : 2008-04-07
Age : 29
Location : Hanging out with Fiona in the Bulvon Wood

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:55 pm

Quote :
I don't care but this affirmation the kensha beast is not a wolf but a jackal was launched only people doesn't like wolf and claimed the original entry was an old one and need to be rewritten just because they dislike it.

Don't start accusing me of things I didn't do. I've been in a good mood lately, and don't need a confrontation.

I never said the "entry should be rewritten", I just stated that it was YEARS old, and could potentially be out of date, or worded oddly.

If any changes were to be made to the entry, you would HAVE to have Randomdude's permission and input, since it is his idea.

Quote :
From what I read here it looks like there is only one kind of kensha beast, but can't there be different subspecies?
If the idea wasn't mentioned, I think it might be an interesting one, many possibilities there.

I think the issue that comes up is Randomdude. He's largely absent from the community these days, and I don't think he even visits the forums. Whoever wanted to do that would probably need to talk to him over DA via notes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rcs619.deviantart.com/
JŠtte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
avatar

Posts : 2769
Join date : 2009-02-02
Age : 26
Location : Over There

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:06 pm

Really, the best way to get the closest to what a Kensha looks like is to look at the example in the Manga, though that was not a very detailed look.

There it looked sort of like both a jackel and a wolf.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
avatar

Posts : 4527
Join date : 2008-01-20
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:13 pm

Randomdude gave up ownership of the Kensha beast. Same with Spine Beetle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
avatar

Posts : 1835
Join date : 2007-12-08
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:37 pm

rcs619 wrote:
Don't start accusing me of things I didn't do. I've been in a good mood lately, and don't need a confrontation.
Like you say people did misconception as they just followed the wiki statement.

rcs619 wrote:
I never said the "entry should be rewritten", I just stated that it was YEARS old, and could potentially be out of date, or worded oddly.

If any changes were to be made to the entry, you would HAVE to have Randomdude's permission and input, since it is his idea.

The current description was written in agreement of the original creator so unless he process some changes it's still up to date no matter how old it is. If there are something which look strange and ambiguous you have the right to ask some clarifications from the original creator but not state an another verity as you in your previous answer.

rcs619 wrote:
I think the issue that comes up is Randomdude. He's largely absent from the community these days, and I don't think he even visits the forums. Whoever wanted to do that would probably need to talk to him over DA via notes.
After people do misconception is now the creator's fault, I admit it's not very present but you can note him on his DA page after all he posted some works lately. Instead to jump on some conclusion by stating it was a Jackal-like beast and not a wolf-like one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
avatar

Posts : 2690
Join date : 2007-12-16
Age : 24
Location : The Country of Kangaroos and Criminal Scum

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:59 pm

Take the kensha discussion to it's own thread guys. As for how they look, I thought that Tangofox's version was said to be pretty close.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
avatar

Posts : 1835
Join date : 2007-12-08
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:06 pm

Anime-Junkie wrote:
Take the kensha discussion to it's own thread guys. As for how they look, I thought that Tangofox's version was said to be pretty close.
Who said that Question
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
JŠtte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
avatar

Posts : 2769
Join date : 2009-02-02
Age : 26
Location : Over There

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:11 pm

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
Anime-Junkie wrote:
Take the kensha discussion to it's own thread guys. As for how they look, I thought that Tangofox's version was said to be pretty close.
Who said that Question

Karbo, when he replied to it "great work on this", I think. You know, because his opinion is sort of important.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
avatar

Posts : 1835
Join date : 2007-12-08
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:30 pm

JŠtte_Troll wrote:
Karbo, when he replied to it "great work on this", I think. You know, because his opinion is sort of important.
He said it's a great work but not state is the best there is a difference between great and best. And if I remember some of you signed a letter where you complained about the fact he found every work great or good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Grave
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
avatar

Posts : 387
Join date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:38 pm

Heh, stupid arguments like this are going to scare Karbo away from commenting on people's work at all.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vaderaz
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
avatar

Posts : 260
Join date : 2008-06-03
Age : 25
Location : Spain

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:02 pm

Jackal... wolf ... you are just doing a big deal out of nothing , really.
It's just a comparison! Kensha beast don't need to be exactly 6 legged jackals or 6 legged wolf, but something similar, just to give the idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://vaderaz.deviantart.com/
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
avatar

Posts : 1589
Join date : 2008-04-07
Age : 29
Location : Hanging out with Fiona in the Bulvon Wood

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:08 pm

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
JŠtte_Troll wrote:
Karbo, when he replied to it "great work on this", I think. You know, because his opinion is sort of important.
He said it's a great work but not state is the best there is a difference between great and best. And if I remember some of you signed a letter where you complained about the fact he found every work great or good.

Where the hell did this come from, Gwada? Why are you digging up old drama that has only JUST settled down? What the heck is wrong with you tonight? All you've done is lash out at people and try to start arguments.

Jeatte was just pointing out the facts. Tango's drawing IS the best drawing of a Kensha Beast to date.The only other ones were Casey's old one that looked like a lizard, and the Kensha in Karbo's size-chart. There are also the shadowy outlines of Kenshas we see in the mangas, but I wouldn't really count them as a full-on Kensha drawing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rcs619.deviantart.com/
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
avatar

Posts : 957
Join date : 2010-10-18
Location : Who cares anymore

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:15 pm

Mods, I agree with AJ, this discussion should be moved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
avatar

Posts : 1589
Join date : 2008-04-07
Age : 29
Location : Hanging out with Fiona in the Bulvon Wood

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:20 pm

gt500x wrote:
Mods, I agree with AJ, this discussion should be moved.

Or just delete this whole chain of comments. There's not much discussion to be had here. If it keeps going, it could get out of hand, especially with Gwada willing to drag up past drama out of nowhere.

Anyways...

Nothing to see here. Move along.

NEXT QUESTION ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rcs619.deviantart.com/
Grave
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
avatar

Posts : 387
Join date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:34 pm

rcs619 wrote:

NEXT QUESTION ^^

WHY ARE PANCAKES BETTER THAN WAFFLES?


*Cough*

Sorry, got caught up in the caps moment....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
avatar

Posts : 1835
Join date : 2007-12-08
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:35 pm

rcs619 wrote:
Jeatte was just pointing out the facts. Tango's drawing IS the best drawing of a Kensha Beast to date.The only other ones were Casey's old one that looked like a lizard, and the Kensha in Karbo's size-chart. There are also the shadowy outlines of Kenshas we see in the mangas, but I wouldn't really count them as a full-on Kensha drawing.

Nothing confirm what you say except it's your personal opinion. There is a HUGE difference between to be the best and to be great. You affirms thing where there is nothing to confirm it or until when you ask Karbo. He said it's not true. The only thing I know it share by only a group of people and when other people takes another path the former group becomes aggressive and harass the latter. You say thing is right or wrong but what you estimate as truth are pure supposition and we search some confirmation we found nothing except it's just a theory but nothing validates it.

You start your first answer the fact people considers kenshas beast as wolf is a misconception but it states it's a wolf but you stae it's a jackal-like creature, this thing was discussed in the forums many times but nothing states it was true or not. The main argument was based on real life biology but this same real life biology states a beast many people was thought to be a jackal was in reality a wolf. After you argue the issue is about the original creators but the description was written with his agreement. In what you based yourself to affirm there was a mistake.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
avatar

Posts : 3769
Join date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:15 am

Ok let's stop right there.

Gwadahunter : if you have problem with Cliff, send him a PM, but don' *start* a flame out of nowhere.
If you think there is a fault in a reasoning that you want to point out, do it without putting oil on fire and without re-invoking events that have better be put in the past.

Gwada is right however by pointing the fact I never said this Kensha picture was "the best" or the "closest" representation of what a Kensha is.... It's certainly a nice one but saying I said that is putting words in my mouth. If some people think it's the best, well that's totally fine, but don't make me say what I haven't say for the sake of "winning" an argument please, I don't like that at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
avatar

Posts : 4527
Join date : 2008-01-20
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:17 am

Can't we just settle and say that Kensha Beasts are "wolf-like" in appearance or resemble wolves? We know they're not actual wolves or jackals, so why are we harping on it?

Next question: due to a lack information on the wiki, what is the average height of a Nemesis. Also, since they can extend their neck like a rokuro-kubi, are their throat somewhat stretchy? I assume they are if they can move it when extended without any issues
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
avatar

Posts : 440
Join date : 2010-12-15
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:10 am

Well since we are on the subject of size I was also wondering what the average size of demi-chimeras and scorpisa´s.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Solomon
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
avatar

Posts : 416
Join date : 2011-03-28
Age : 23
Location : Chilling out at, Chlaenas Rock with Mint and her friends

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:20 pm

Anime-Junkie wrote:
Solomon, it's not just a "good idea." You are required to ask people before you use their characters.
(The only exception is zoekin, who made a public statement that it's ok for people to use his characters without asking.)


Thank you for letting me know A.J. I'll be sure to ask before using anyone else's characters in my story's^^

oh I also have a question, on this forum does your avatar show what your Felarya OC looks like Question
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://metalnazo.deviantart.com/
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
avatar

Posts : 440
Join date : 2010-12-15
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:27 pm

Solomon please remember 1 question at a time, and to answer your question no your avatar does not need to be your own OC it's just people like to show off their work. Take a look at timing2's avatar I am reasonably sure that one of his OC's isn't a stop watch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
avatar

Posts : 649
Join date : 2007-12-09
Age : 34
Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:35 pm

buddha66667 wrote:
Solomon please remember 1 question at a time, and to answer your question no your avatar does not need to be your own OC it's just people like to show off their work. Take a look at timing2's avatar I am reasonably sure that one of his OC's isn't a stop watch.

It isn't necessary to show off your own work, but maybe your avatar is just your OC drawn by someone else... well, not my case, the drawing is mine. xD

Anyway, avatars are just that, avatars for a forum. They don't have to represent one of your OC's, it can just be a random picture you like to represent you in the forum, nothing else - that's an avatar, after all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://paridas.carlosbg.es
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
avatar

Posts : 440
Join date : 2010-12-15
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:37 pm

Well back onto the question that was open before Solomon decided to butt in. What are the average heights of nemesises, demi-chimeras, and scorpisa´s?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   

Back to top Go down
 
General Q and A
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
 Similar topics
-
» General list Cap badge
» General Service Badge varieties
» Hashtag politics and the general election
» Lavrov revealed details of Putin's speech at the UN General Assembly
» CEF General Service buttons

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: General forums :: General discussion-
Jump to: