Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Q and A

Go down 
+75
Darth_Nergal
Emerald Electronic
Oldman40k2003
Venom Agato
vore4life99
DaNoob13
DarkOne
Ilceren
McKindle
2Ron2R
AzureJass
HeavenlessStar
Boris92
Malahite
hhhat09
FalconJudge
jedi-explorer
EvilGenius
parameciumkid
Paltiel
Greyman
timing2
Rezec
/Fish/
Tango
Beefnautz
Pendragon
sadisticnerd
Axel Hunter
Archmage_Bael
MrNobody13
Darkstorm Zero
Black Aquila
ZionAtriedes
Iavlas
Silent_eric
TryMeIke
French snack
Saironthis
walkingbyself
Black Hole Fragment
Primeval Hunter
Nyaha
Krisexy26
gwadahunter2222
Vaderaz
zersergathant
TheArchvile
TheLightLost
AisuKaiko
itsmeyouidiot
CauldronBorn24
Slimetoad
Feadraug
Amaroq
macdaddy
The Ultimate
Claire
sparkythechu
Pim18
Jasconius
kikijonson
Anime-Junkie
luke112
aethernavale
Shady Knight
buddha66667
Prof.Nekko
Karbo
Jætte_Troll
Solomon
Sehoolighan
Grave
rcs619
Stabs
79 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

General Q and A - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 9:40 pm

Question: just how much do elves hate Faires and is the feeling the same? I mean I've seen examples but some people have told me that wasnt the full extemt of the hatred the two have towards each other
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 1:47 am

luke112 wrote:
Question: just how much do elves hate Faires and is the feeling the same? I mean I've seen examples but some people have told me that wasnt the full extemt of the hatred the two have towards each other

All members of one species do not behave in the same way, since every species is composed of individuals, who each have a mind of their own.

I imagine that small elves aren't particularly fond of fairies, who might eat them, and there's some history between elven and fairy kingdoms (yet to be finalised in the official chronology), but I would think only a small minority of elves have any reason to feel anything as strong as "hate" towards fairies, and vice-versa.
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 10:33 am

ah thank you French snack for clearing that detial up. Smile
Back to top Go down
kikijonson
Marauder of the deep jungle
kikijonson

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 12:27 pm

Just to ask...I know Sirens are not in the wiki or anything...but since there are more than one type of Sirens is mythology like the mermaid form and then the humanoid land form...which would they be concidered as?...
Back to top Go down
http://kikijonson.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 12:35 pm

Why not both?
As I see it, "siren" is something that could be applied to more than one species.
It's a classification that species fall into, rather than being a species itself.

For example, mermaid sirens would be a species of mermaid. Humanoid sirens would be a subspecies of human or whatever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
kikijonson
kikijonson

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 12:42 pm

alright that make sense ^w^
Back to top Go down
http://kikijonson.deviantart.com/
Black Hole Fragment
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Black Hole Fragment

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 10:06 pm

What kind of damage would something like a M72 LAW do to a perdator?
Back to top Go down
CauldronBorn24
Loremaster
CauldronBorn24

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 10:34 pm

Black Hole Fragment wrote:
What kind of damage would something like a M72 LAW do to a perdator?

This has been discussed before; the wound caused by an M72; loaded with a HEAT (High Explosive Antitank) rocket would be very serious or even fatal if you hit the correct spot. If you wish for further details PM me.
Back to top Go down
Iavlas
Helpless prey

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 3:50 am

hey i was wondering, would the soil in felarya have an effect on someones mind? like say someone had a mental disease, would the soil effect that at all? (sorry if this has already been asked, but i looked with the search option, and i looked on the wiki it said it has alot of physical effects, but i was just wondering if there were any mental ones).
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 4:01 am

Iavlas wrote:
hey i was wondering, would the soil in felarya have an effect on someones mind? like say someone had a mental disease, would the soil effect that at all? (sorry if this has already been asked, but i looked with the search option, and i looked on the wiki it said it has alot of physical effects, but i was just wondering if there were any mental ones).

I think that would depend on the physical causes of the mental problem.

If you were born with a defect that affected your mind, then moving to Felarya probably wouldn't help. On the other hand, any sort of degenerative illness, with physiological symptoms leading to mental issues (physically affecting the brain), would probably be reversed.
Back to top Go down
Iavlas
Helpless prey

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 8:07 am

ahh okay, thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 10:04 am

French snack wrote:

I think that would depend on the physical causes of the mental problem.
Just to add to that, something like Alzheimer's would probably be cured, as it is a completely physiological defect. Something like schizophrenia or autism, on the other hand, probably would not.
Back to top Go down
Iavlas
Helpless prey

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 11:07 am

Thank you as well Smile
Back to top Go down
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 1:39 pm

What is known about the Euril Mines? I can't seem to find any information about it on the wiki, and the nearby Vishmital outpost seems to have nothing to do with it, especially since its stated to be specifically be a military/recon outpost and thus wouldn't be well equipped for mining.

Did the Vishmitals build it, or is some other group/species responsible? Also, what is/was the major export of the mine (like was it built over a deposit of ascarlin or such that may or may not be depleted?) Finally, is their any word on it being abandoned?
Back to top Go down
Black Aquila
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Black Aquila

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 10:37 am

rcs619 wrote:
TryMeIke wrote:
question: is it possible to have shapechange magic in felarya? as in, can a mage specialize in being able to change their appearence and powers, and so appear as a pred to other preds, and yet be a non-pred? like, a mage literally turns into a felaryan fairy, 100 feet tall, and has all their abilities.

No.

It is impossible to change your species through magical means.

Someone could create the illusion of shapeshifting through illusion magic (its how Dryads look like normal trees most of the time), but its still just an illusion.

Anna is probably the best example of a human turning into a pred. This happened due to a time-space anomaly. No mage possess the power to manipulate time, or the fabric in reality in those ways. The only known Felaryan who can is Notys, arguably the most powerful of the guardians.

There have been a small handful of other incidents, but they are always the result of a very rare, very unlikely accident. The effect is also irreversible for the same reason. No one can intentionally create the effect.
...Really?

Well there goes the main plot device of "Perverter's Tail"...

Sean Okotami wrote:
For shapeshifting, turning into something gigantic would be incredibly difficult. There could exist polymorph spells, but it's easier to simply transform into something of relatively similar mass and size, and most of the time, such spells would be used for infiltration more than anything if maintaining an illusionary disguise spell is too difficult. Shapeshifting at will is easily exploitable for inexperienced writers, which is why it is usually discouraged. While it would be awesome for an A-class mage to shapeshift into something 10 ft tall to repel a big threat, shapeshifting into a fairy would be impossible due to their weird physics, and shapeshifting into a giant would be beyond normal human capabilities.
Wait...
So what if a mage came into possession of an extremely powerful magical tome that boosted her abilities and granted her access to equally potent Transmutation spells?
Would that be fairly believable?

Silent_eric wrote:
Question I've never really understood:

Why aren't there robots and unmanned drones doing the adventuring so edible humans don't have to? Isn't that, like, a really smart idea? Obviously there are no robots, and there likely shouldn't be. So what would be the reason why fleshies do it?
Silent_eric wrote:
Jætte_Troll wrote:
@Eric -Not sure. Cost?

Cost of robots versus Ascarlin gains would imply SEND THEM BROBOTS.

So Cost can't be it I think. The potential gains would outweigh the cost. Besides, that would imply all groups in Felarya already would value monetary cost of robots over loss of human life from sending actual people.
Well it would makes sense to have automation handle most of the excavation process, but I think that, due to the distance the mined material needs to be transported and chaos of Felarya preventing permanent infrastructure like railways, all the hauling would be done with manned transports.

rcs619 wrote:
I think, in another thread, we agreed that we could see Negav having UAV's to help with aerial photos, map-making and such.

Actual robots though, they wouldn't be good. You need the human element to explore, especially over massive distances. You need the knowledge, experience and instincts. The only robots that would even be remotely useful would be sentient AI's, and its probably best if we don't start trying to bring in sentient robots to Felarya.
Indeed, due to the challenges presented by Felarya's various environments, any exploration drone would probably need a high level of autonomy.
While I personally wouldn't mind sentient or even sapient machines being inserted into the setting, it would probably be prohibitively expensive to use them as mere proxies for adventuring.

Silent_eric wrote:
CauldronBorn24 wrote:
Yes. There is only so much a machine can do, as Cliff said they are limited in function and operation. So they only realised Felarya was dangerous after the humans arrived.

Soooooo... Robots are around. I guess I should start coming up with some common robots you may see around Felarya. They probably count as Magical relics and treasure, ha ha ha. Technical wonders that they are.
Heh, Negav has ancient mythical Roombas.

Seriously though, most robots probably wouldn't be considered relics, but then again most of them would probably be things like automated inventory systems or defense turrets.

aethernavale wrote:
AIs are something 'prevalent' in my story, but the only one currently in existence in my writings is one of my main characters, Nyselyn. She was 'rescued' if you will from the AI wars of the multiverse realm that the Authority came from.

I think you probably wouldn't see too many advanced 'robots' in the generic sense of the design just because of the resources necessary to maintain them and the functionality they would require in operation in some of the more hostile environments of Felarya. Something more advanced like Nyselyn can easily accomplish it, but there are few societies that even have the potential to build something like her and on top of that Nyselyn is an anomaly anyway due to how her 'core' is 'contained'.

I think you are probably more likely to seem golems doing such tasks. Sure, they may not be as intelligent, but they are far more rugged for their like-styled environments (ie rock golems for exploring mountains, etc) and less likely to attract attention to themselves or the master.

Wall-E does come to mind though, for handling menial tasks that one doesn't really feel like dealing with or expending energy upon. Negav certainly has the economy and reason for bringing in such trade through the portals. You can probably find a lot of disinherited robotic relics just in the underground of Negav, where their parts of those that fail/cease to function are sold off as trinkets and the like.
Yeah, anything complex enough to be able to navigate the jungle without external commands would probably be considered more of a character then piece of equipment.
Take Dick Drebin; thought he is a Bioroid, he's essentially just an intelligent sales interface for the muilti-reality spanning system that is the ArmaDense Corporation.

With Golems, you'd probably see some cross pollination between their "Traditional" crafting and the basic principles of Robotics, and I personally group the two together.
My Chick Jumper, for instance, would probably use a bit from both fields in its construction.

Of course, Golems aren't necessarily cheap ether, so they might be just as inapproprete to use as exploration drones as "pure" robots.
Back to top Go down
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 9:28 pm

I dunno why, but most of Black Aquilla's post is starting to make me think of Transformers in Felarya... Not sure how I feel about that....
Back to top Go down
http://darkstormzero.deviantart.com/
Black Aquila
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Black Aquila

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 6:49 am

Darkstorm Zero wrote:
I dunno why, but most of Black Aquilla's post is starting to make me think of Transformers in Felarya... Not sure how I feel about that....
Well Optimus would be horrified, and Megatron would end up being used as a toy by some random Ice Naga.

Really though, the reason I have an opinion on Sapient Mechanical Lifeforms is because of one of my character concepts, Nadleeh Thunderfist.

...She's a Giant Super Robot Girl.
Back to top Go down
Sehoolighan
Survivor
Survivor
Sehoolighan

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 9:59 am

Darkstorm Zero wrote:

De good original or Michael Bay version?
Back to top Go down
http://sehoolighan.deviantart.com/
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 4:17 am

Original G1 toons.

I call Michael bays films "Bayformers".
Back to top Go down
Black Hole Fragment
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Black Hole Fragment

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 6:36 pm

Ok I've been wondering for a while now; What would happen if something like a plasma weapon were to be fired inside the stoumch of a pred like a giant naga?l
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 6:52 pm

figure it yourself omg... A plasma weapon? what next? an atomic bomb in her mouth?
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
Prof.Nekko
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Prof.Nekko

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 7:06 pm

Krisexy26 wrote:
what next? an atomic bomb in her mouth?

wow you asked his next question Razz

As for his question: Fire a plasma weapon at point blank = you get hit with the splash = you die a "horrible painful burning plasma white hot omg it burns oh god why did I do this stupid idea in the first place I really should have just gotten that job at costco but noooo I had to go explore Felarya why the hell am I so dumb" kind of death. Though the pred would be severely burned at least.
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 7:54 pm

Prof.Nekko wrote:
Krisexy26 wrote:
what next? an atomic bomb in her mouth?

wow you asked his next question Razz

As for his question: Fire a plasma weapon at point blank = you get hit with the splash = you die a "horrible painful burning plasma white hot omg it burns oh god why did I do this stupid idea in the first place I really should have just gotten that job at costco but noooo I had to go explore Felarya why the hell am I so dumb" kind of death. Though the pred would be severely burned at least.

ok Neko now you and Krisexy are being asses to my little bro, cut it out now. Very Mad You may not understand but he doesnt take this kind response well and honestly he's got enough problems with his selfesteam already. so you better frigging apologize and give a better answer then that. Hell maybe should you ask him "is it a Normal Person? or is it a person inside a sealed Armored enivromental suit? or something else like that". but Damnit the kind of replies you two made will most certianly discourage him from continuing the stories he has written on paper or is currently typing on his laptop.You've never read his stuff before but I have and I'll say he got some Really great stories. But if he saw that kind of responce he would think the commuity would be hostile to his ideas. Neko the only thing good about your reply is that the Pred would be Severely burned. Other then that the rest was just Totaly Unaccepetable. Normaly I wouldnt care what the hell you or Krisexy said to anyone else Inculding myself but Damnit I wont Let anyone Bully My little bro, Not In Real Life and sure as hell not online Not when Im around to do something about it.
Back to top Go down
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 8:10 pm

Ok. Kris, if you where not going to answer his question, why did you bother posting? Your jabbing was not helpful, and did not answer his question at all. Don't do that in the future if all the kid is doing is asking a question. I actually find the question understandable since we have been told a Naga's stomach can withstand up to a frag grenades worth of explosives.

And Nekko, I know you at least answered, but the condecension in it was pretty obvious, please refrain from that in the future.

Now, Black Hole, to answer your question, I'm afraid I must ask a few in return. what sort of plasma weapons are we talking here? A plasma grenade/explosive? A pulse plasma weapon like those found in Fallout? A plasma stream like those in Wolfenstein 2009? another variant?

Last edited by Darkstorm Zero on Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Black Hole Fragment
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Black Hole Fragment

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 8:39 pm

Quote :

Now, Black Hole, to answer your question, I'm afraid I must ask a few in return. what sort of plasma weapons are we talking here? A plasma grenade/explosive? A pulse plasma weapon like those found in Fallout? A plasma stream like those in Wolfenstein 2009? another variant?

Well I have no Idea what is found in Woflenstein 2009, but I will check that out later. Now, the kind of plasma weapons I'm talking about is both the kind of pulse plasma weapon like those found in Fallout and another variant. But for convence( I don't think I spelled that word right), we will use something like the plasma weapons found in Fallout 3. For example, a plasma weapon like the alien disintegrator or alien atomizer. Also the Alien blaster.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Q and A
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next