Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Q and A

Go down 
+75
Darth_Nergal
Emerald Electronic
Oldman40k2003
Venom Agato
vore4life99
DaNoob13
DarkOne
Ilceren
McKindle
2Ron2R
AzureJass
HeavenlessStar
Boris92
Malahite
hhhat09
FalconJudge
jedi-explorer
EvilGenius
parameciumkid
Paltiel
Greyman
timing2
Rezec
/Fish/
Tango
Beefnautz
Pendragon
sadisticnerd
Axel Hunter
Archmage_Bael
MrNobody13
Darkstorm Zero
Black Aquila
ZionAtriedes
Iavlas
Silent_eric
TryMeIke
French snack
Saironthis
walkingbyself
Black Hole Fragment
Primeval Hunter
Nyaha
Krisexy26
gwadahunter2222
Vaderaz
zersergathant
TheArchvile
TheLightLost
AisuKaiko
itsmeyouidiot
CauldronBorn24
Slimetoad
Feadraug
Amaroq
macdaddy
The Ultimate
Claire
sparkythechu
Pim18
Jasconius
kikijonson
Anime-Junkie
luke112
aethernavale
Shady Knight
buddha66667
Prof.Nekko
Karbo
Jætte_Troll
Solomon
Sehoolighan
Grave
rcs619
Stabs
79 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

General Q and A - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 7:42 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
Okay, I was away for the duration while you guys spoke those last few entries, so I wanted to chime in by saying that you can reattach limbs in our real world life as long as you react within about 15 minutes. In felarya, that time period would be drastically longer, and with the regeneration abilities, I'm sure it'd be relatively easy to reattach a limb and regain full control. It's actually not that far fetched.
Well yeah, but only if you reattach the existing limb. A whole new one won't grow back, like the way lizards regrow their tails.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 7:48 pm

well no, regrowing a limb would be impossible, albeit I'm sure advanced magical medical aid might be able to, or at least make a prostetic limb look and feel real and be able to feel again.

That's if you completely loose your arm, like if a giant pred decides to be really sadistic and bites your arm off.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 8:03 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
Okay, I was away for the duration while you guys spoke those last few entries, so I wanted to chime in by saying that you can reattach limbs in our real world life as long as you react within about 15 minutes. In felarya, that time period would be drastically longer, and with the regeneration abilities, I'm sure it'd be relatively easy to reattach a limb and regain full control. It's actually not that far fetched.

Severed limbs die because of blood loss and the lack of oxygen and nutrients getting to the cells. The healing factor isn't going to help with that.

It moderately speeds up the body's healing processes (broken bones heal in weeks instead of months). It doesn't make someone Wolverine.

If you get a limb severed, you still have a very likely chance of bleeding out unless you get medical care right there on the spot. Reattaching the limb is the least of your worries.
Back to top Go down
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 8:27 pm

I'd have to agree with the others on the whole limb ordeal. One can't regrow it (unless they are one of those taurs whose animal halves are known to be able to, though even that might not be possible for the giant taurs), and the healing factor won't make it easier to reattach.

- - -

This question just occurred to me, but given the literal shadowy nature of darkness elementals and wandering nightmares, would it be possible for dusk nymphs to bind themselves with them as they would with ordinary shadows?
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 8:54 pm

True, but it's still a concern, the most important thing in that situation would be to cut the circulation. Though like I said, you CAN reattach a limb, it just requires concentration, and of course a medical expert. Or magical, granted Felarya. My point still stands though.
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 9:26 pm

Well, if you stop the bleeding, protect the wound, and treat for shock (hey, I skipped "start the breathing")... a limb could be reconnected if recovered in time.
Back to top Go down
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 2:52 am

Ah, but my numbers come directly from the 2007 US report on deaths, and I used only the US specifically because of the amount of data available for such a thing. I do not know how the WHO compares in data collection to NVSS, but we can at least say that the US is a high developed nation, yes? If you desire to break down the types of cancer, then we shall. You'll find though it presents a slightly different picture than what you're painting - specifically because certain things are left out of the statistics. One of the major ones is lung cancer - yes, any death caused by malignant neoplasm of the lung, trachea, or bronchus is excluded from separate listing. If lung cancer were to be included as it's own listing, it would alone, by itself rank 3rd on the list, right behind the other cancers; but it is important to note that the other cancers combined are still #2. This is why I allowed my estimate to fall as low as 12% from an initial US rating of 23~25%. Motor vehicle accidents would rank 10th, by themselves. However, the way the listing is determined by NVSS is that these categories are subsumed into much broader categories (lung cancer into malignant neoplasms, and automobile accidents into unintentional injuries.

Direct copy paste of the rankings for neoplasms in the US:

# Malignantneoplasms
18 Malignant neoplasms of lip, oral cavity and pharynx
19 Malignant neoplasm of esophagus
20 Malignant neoplasm of stomach
21 Malignant neoplasms of colon, rectum and anus
22 Malignant neoplasms of liver and intrahepaticbile ducts
23 Malignant neoplasm of pancreas
24 Malignant neoplasm of larynx
25 Malignant neoplasms of trachea, bronchus and lung
26 Malignant melanoma of skin
27 Malignant neoplasm of breast
28 Malignant neoplasm of cervix uteri
29 Malignant neoplasms of corpus uteri and uterus ,part unspecified
30 Malignant neoplasm of ovary
31 Malignant neoplasm of prostate
32 Malignant neoplasms of kidney and renal pelvis
33 Malignant neoplasm of bladder
34 Malignant neoplasms of meninges, brain and other parts of central nervous system
Malignant neoplasms of lymphoid, hematopoietic and related tissue
35 Hodgkin’s disease
36 Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma
37 Leukemia
38 Multiple myeloma and immuno proliferative neoplasms
39 Other and unspecified malignant neoplasms of lymphoid, hematopoietic and related tissue
40 All other and unspecified malignant neoplasms
41 Insitu neoplasms, benign neoplasms and neoplasms of uncertain or unknown behavior

So with this listing, the ones we would see insignificant/no change or a worsening of on Felarya would be: 20, 21, 22, 23, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 37, 38.

The ones that would more than likely see a decent reduction: 18, 19, 24, 25. I attribute this mainly to the fact that tobacco products would be difficult to acquire outside of Negav where the gate to other realms exist.

Ones I am not certain of: 35, 36, 39, 40, 41.

So nope, gonna have to keep going with Felarya's cancer rate is still a decent one, and you could probably tack on a few new cancers we've never even heard of before. Granted, this is all data on the US which is typically of a sort you would not find in Felarya, given technology and medical sciences bases. I do think however that you could say mortality rates lower for cancer based on offworld accessible treatment programs. I also think that yes, you could see reductions in cancers that are initiated by infectious disease, but these numbers are already lower in the US because of our medical programs when compared to third world countries.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 3:41 am

Take it to another thread guys, and if a mod could split the discussion, that's be great too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 7:13 am

Once again...

- Healing factor
- No aging past your prime (26-28 for humans, ~50 for preds)
- Enhanced, quicker healing (bones heal in weeks instead of months)
- Entirely possible to still die of injuries, but individuals are effectively immortal
- Only sicknesses are poison/venom, curses and parasites (and possibly some allergic reations)

...Why do we need to launch into paragraphs and paragraphs to try and complicate this? Or to determine individual diseases that would cheat around it? The healing factor works fine as it is. You guys are overthinking this way too much.
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 11:38 am

Ok I got a question

Can Preds both Hybred and Non-Hybred detect the smell of a human and if so can said human wheather it be a adventurer,a Mage,or a Navy SEAL, Ect... hide their scent and thus avoid being detected even if they are less then 30ft from said pred?
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 3:04 pm

It really is time to wrap this up. We're not accomplishing much, are we? Very well, I'll try to bring this to a close.

aethernavale wrote:
If lung cancer were to be included as it's own listing, it would alone, by itself rank 3rd on the list, right behind the other cancers;
Now, correct me if I am mistaken, but aren't the majority of lung cancers caused by airborne carcinogens, such as tobacco smoke, asbestos, and other pollutants? Lung cancer isn't usually a genetic one. If that's the case, it supports my claim that a major cause for the occurrence of cancer (or malignant neoplasm, as it has been so eloquently named) would be practically eliminated, or at least reduced.

aethernavale wrote:
18 Malignant neoplasms of lip, oral cavity and pharynx
Once again, usually caused by carcinogens in tobacco products. There's a possibility that a lack of nutrition and the presence of infections may increase the risk of oral cancer. This means that the Earth causes of oral cancer can be mostly ruled out, with a few tobacco-related and several malnutrition ones remaining.

aethernavale wrote:
19 Malignant neoplasm of esophagus
While this one can also be chalked up to a myriad of outside factors, there's a good percentage of genetic problems also involved, so I'd assume this one would still remain a threat to those with acid reflux and Barrett's.

aethernavale wrote:
20 Malignant neoplasm of stomach
A lot of this is genetic. So I'd assume there'd be cases of stomach cancer around. Huh, ironic.

aethernavale wrote:
21 Malignant neoplasms of colon, rectum and anus
Oftentimes aided by aging and the deterioration of the body, this one is often genetic as well. I'd imagine some cases would remain, but the risk would be less than on Earth.

aethernavale wrote:
22 Malignant neoplasms of liver and intrahepaticbile ducts
Intra-whatnow? Kidding, kidding. Hepatocellular carcinoma is often caused by alchohol abuse or diseases, though some case are due to autoimmune diseases. So, the reduction causes by eliminating diseases may make a small dent, but we're in agreement that autoimmune diseases are still problematic, and alcohol abuse would still remain a solid possibility.

aethernavale wrote:
23 Malignant neoplasm of pancreas
The leading risk factor is age, which is moot. A decent percentage is genetic, but by no means a majority. The rest are due to poor diet, alcohol, and tobacco, which would all be present in Felarya... but seeing as how the number of pancreatic cancer cases in young people is very low, we can assume that a rejuvenation effect would greatly reduce the risk of it.

aethernavale wrote:
24 Malignant neoplasm of larynx
Once again, age is a major factor, but that could be due to the amount of exposure to carcinogens, and not the health of the body itself. Smoking, drinking, and industrial pollution are major causes. That third one is almost nonexistent in Felarya, meaning that through a combination of prolonged youth and lack of pollution, we could expect a decrease in risk, but not elimination.

aethernavale wrote:
25 Malignant neoplasms of trachea, bronchus and lung
While lung cancer is several times more common than trachea cancer, both are usually associated with smoking and pollutants. I refer to my earlier statement about lung cancer for all of these here.

aethernavale wrote:
26 Malignant melanoma of skin
Sun, sun, sun. Everyone knows this one. Okay, I'll give you this: any offworlder who didn't pack suntan lotion may be at serious risk for this bad boy right here. I'd imagine most natives would have developed melanin-rich skin over time and be at less risk for lesser skin cancers (melanoma is still a possibility!). All in all, I'd imagine that this one is still present among those who aren't careful about sun exposure. Do remember that much of the jungle is in shade, though, as would be many urban areas in Negav.

aethernavale wrote:
27 Malignant neoplasm of breast
Genetic, genetic, genetic. I'll give you this one, though it's worth noting that older women are much more likely to get it. Perhaps the soil would cause some reduction, but that cannot be said for sure.

aethernavale wrote:
28 Malignant neoplasm of cervix uteri
Infection, infection, infection. HPV is no problem here. Out of the park, there.

aethernavale wrote:
29 Malignant neoplasms of corpus uteri and uterus ,part unspecified
Obesity and age are major factors here, which I imagine are less of a problem in Felarya. There are some genetic cases, however, so those would be present.

aethernavale wrote:
30 Malignant neoplasm of ovary
This one's usually genetics. This will be around, especially since the immune system is not good at fixing this particular cancer.

aethernavale wrote:
31 Malignant neoplasm of prostate
Age age age age, age age age age! AAAGE! AAAGE! AAAGE!!! That was my impression of church bells, there. Gotta keep the humor during these dry dissections, right? Genetics can increase risk, yes, but the vast majority of cases are from men past their prime. I think we know what that means. Severely reduced risk.

aethernavale wrote:
32 Malignant neoplasms of kidney and renal pelvis
This one's genetics, hypertension, and smoking. I'll say this one passes.

aethernavale wrote:
33 Malignant neoplasm of bladder
Cigs, chemicals, infections and radiation. Only the first and last are a problem. Reduced risk, I would say. Perhaps a few chemical cases, as not all are strictly industrial.

aethernavale wrote:
34 Malignant neoplasms of meninges, brain and other parts of central nervous system
Malignant neoplasms of lymphoid, hematopoietic and related tissue
These were grouped under the same number, so I assume we'll treat them singularly. While exposure to chemicals increases risk, a lot of it is genetic or radiation. This one will be present.

aethernavale wrote:
35 Hodgkin’s disease
Ooh, ooh, I know this one! My mother had it when she was my age. Would have died from it, if it weren't for experimental procedures. While the main causes are a big fat mystery, EBV and HIV are thought to contribute, though my mother had neither. She did, however, have a super-serious case of mononucleosis only a few years before. Maybe that contributed? In any case, it's hard to say if this would be of reduced risk.

aethernavale wrote:
36 Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma
Infections and age are considered to be major factors. Reduced risk, but not eliminated.

aethernavale wrote:
37 Leukemia
R-r-r-r-r-r-RADIATION in the house! There's the Big Bad in this case. While I doubt atomic bombs go off regularly in Felarya, radiation's still around. Some infections and smoking can cause it, but we all know radiation's the star of that sick theater show. Possibly a reduced risk, but a definite possibility.

aethernavale wrote:
38 Multiple myeloma and immuno proliferative neoplasms
You're making half of these words up, I swear it. No, but really, bone marrow cancer may be affected by age, but I find it interesting that it's a result of overactive antibody-producers. Maybe the soil would actually make this shit worse. This may actually be of INCREASED risk, though I don't see it being common.

aethernavale wrote:
39 Other and unspecified malignant neoplasms of lymphoid, hematopoietic and related tissue
Unspecified? You are not giving me much to work with here, bro. These causes are most probably varied or unknown.

aethernavale wrote:
40 All other and unspecified malignant neoplasms
Gwwuuuuuuh, more of the same from the last one.

aethernavale wrote:
41 Insitu neoplasms, benign neoplasms and neoplasms of uncertain or unknown behavior
If they're benign, they're probably not a problem.

aethernavale wrote:
So with this listing, the ones we would see insignificant/no change or a worsening of on Felarya would be: 20, 21, 22, 23, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 37, 38.

The ones that would more than likely see a decent reduction: 18, 19, 24, 25. I attribute this mainly to the fact that tobacco products would be difficult to acquire outside of Negav where the gate to other realms exist.

Ones I am not certain of: 35, 36, 39, 40, 41.
While I don't feel like checking over every single one, I do believe we agree on most of these. 21 and 23 seem to be points of contention, since I maintain that a lack of significant aging would reduce their risk.

aethernavale wrote:
So nope, gonna have to keep going with Felarya's cancer rate is still a decent one, and you could probably tack on a few new cancers we've never even heard of before.
See, there's the main point of argument. You're arguing rate, I'm arguing individual risk. I mean, I'd assume that cancer still happens, and due to a lack of other causes of death, it would still rate high. You're right there. What I am trying to say is that, for a given individual, cancer in itself is still much less likely to occur in Felarya than on Earth due to lack of airborne carcinogens and taxation of the body caused by age.

If you actually agree on that last point, then I see no reason to continue, and this is wrapped up.
Back to top Go down
Prof.Nekko
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Prof.Nekko

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 4:15 pm

luke112 wrote:
Ok I got a question

Can Preds both Hybred and Non-Hybred detect the smell of a human and if so can said human wheather it be a adventurer,a Mage,or a Navy SEAL, Ect... hide their scent and thus avoid being detected even if they are less then 30ft from said pred?

Well as stated in the manga, Felaryan pred's have a special "predator sense" that lets them detect nearby prey from a certain distance. But to block such a send it appears that you need some really powerful and rare magical artifacts to do so, and even then you have to avoid the predator's natural senses by doing things such as chamoflage, moving really quietly, using natural sources to hide your scent, ect. But yeah hiding from preds can be hard
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 4:32 pm

Quote :
Well as stated in the manga, Felaryan pred's have a special "predator sense" that lets them detect nearby prey from a certain distance

Only NAGAS and FAIRIES (and a small handful of other magically sensitive pred species) have this.

It functions by sensing the magical field of living things. Sentient beings, especially mages, show up more than wild animals most of the time. The Predator sense was never meant to be applied to other species. It is a magical equivalent of a snake's heat sense. Fairies have it too because they are extremely magical by nature and can sense magical fields (maybe their antenna?). Out of the two of them, nagas have the slightly stronger version.

It isn't radar. It isn't pinpoint accurate. All it does is let NAGAS and FAIRIES, sense that "hey, there's someone around here somewhere". It is entirely possible to be passed over if your hiding place is good enough.

Quote :
But to block such a send it appears that you need some really powerful and rare magical artifacts to do so

No, any mage can be trained to lessen their magical signature. It just takes concentration, since you have to actively suppress your magic beyond its normal levels. You would still emit some magic, but when its at such low levels, you fade into the background. Every living thing has some form of magical field, mages (and sentient beings in general) just shine brighter unless they actively try to hide it.

Lea's artifact is something entirely different. It completely masks her 100% (which nearly no mage could actually do) and it does it without any input from the user. Lea is a novice mage, at best. Its quite likely she has no idea how to hide her magical signature without the aid of that amulet (mainly because she has no reason to actually learn).
Back to top Go down
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 10:50 am

What function does the halo of red light of dusk nymphs (a.k.a. a glowing red ring encircling their waists) serve? One would think that that would make them stand out and be easily detected by their prey and predators before they can bind with a shadow.
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 10:52 am

Not sure. I thought that was a cosmetic thing that someone drew them with and it just stuck. o:
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
Solomon
Marauder of the deep jungle

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 8:10 pm

say, I've been meaning to ask, is it possible for a person to use a genie to become bigger like giant size
Back to top Go down
sadisticnerd
Naga food

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 8:13 pm

I know that's not a relevant question to the last posts,but I'm a bit curious...
if cursing is the harpies' actual language,then what's actually an insult to them?
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 8:26 pm

sadisticnerd wrote:
I know that's not a relevant question to the last posts,but I'm a bit curious...
if cursing is the harpies' actual language,then what's actually an insult to them?

It isn't so much the words being used as the tone of them. The harpy language is incredibly nuanced, the tone of the words and the way you speak them is everything. That is why its so hard for non-harpies to speak it right. It isn't so much about stringing insults together as it is the tone of those insults.
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 12:04 am

sadisticnerd wrote:
Ah. Allow me, you empty-skulled sack of naga sheddings. Harpy is my first language.

It's not just about simple cursing, because any slack-jawed dimwit can string together a few goddamn obscenities and claim he's a fucking harpy. It's about eloquence, creativity, and some actual fucking artistic flair to the words coming from that reeking cesspool of bacteria passing for a mouth on your mirror-shattering face. It's like the idea of making your sentences something more than just simple caveman grunts is impossible for your thick ilk to understand. Even using such key words as "fuck" multiple fucking times requires masterful placement. Such placements can turn your bland fucking sentences into something that almost resembles a goddamn proper example of harpy speech, albeit one that still stinks like tonorion shit. The tone, which I have no doubt you'd fail to pick up upon even if this was voice instead of text, is crucial. Cliff got something right for once. The words themselves only express the creative thought put into the fucking sentence, not the actual meaning. Got that, shit-brain? The tone's what you need to be tuning your big elephant ears to, you goofy-looking motherfucker, not the simple curses. Really, I've had to explain this simple fucking concept a thousand times now.

What's really offensive is when the goddamn tone's genuinely hostile or mocking, as opposed to the standard casual tone of the harpy language. Another offense is when some hoity-toity bitch of a harpy decides she won't even take the god-fucking-damn time of day to make her sentences good and eloquent for ya, like the flighty broad's too good to waste her time speaking a proper sentence to the likes of ya.

All right, I'll switch back to something you can understand. Basically, the cursing is viewed differently by harpies. It's seen more like flowering up your sentences with sophisticated speech. Simply throwing curses around isn't how it's done. You have to be creative. Metaphor, simile, all that good stuff. The tone's also important, it tells you how serious the curses and insults actually are. Finally, the LACK of curses and insults is an insult in itself, since a harpy will interpret it as another harpy feeling she's too good to take the time to speak properly. Note that most harpies understand most races don't speak like they do, and won't hold them to that standard.
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 5:53 am

Solomon wrote:
say, I've been meaning to ask, is it possible for a person to use a genie to become bigger like giant size

Yes but because a genie is involoved the person must say exactly what needs to be done otherwise the genie will screw them over. for examle dont say "make me bigger" because then the genie will make something of you ( breasts and assest for women, The pipe for guys) bigger instead of your height or even worse if the genie is a jerk the wish could end with you becoming sumo sized. Also the genie could only make you a few inches taller and say "you didnt say how big". The proper way I believe to ask a Genie to make you giant size would be say "I want to be 100ft and at a healthy weight." at least with that statement There's little to no room for the genie to mess you over.

well thats my two cent if anyone else wants a crack at that question by all means have at it, I didnt even get me morning coffee yet.
Back to top Go down
Solomon

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 3:00 pm

after watching the blob this question came to my mind, how do Slimoids talk, I mean can they only talk with each other or can they talk like any other race in Felarya, I'm mainly asking because I've seen some talk in a few art pics and story's I've read
Back to top Go down
MrNobody13
Great warrior
Great warrior
MrNobody13

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 7:36 pm

Slimoid, as far as I know, can speak just as any other sentient beings. Perhaps they can form things like vocal cords, or some structure similar. Or perhaps that nexus in their core can transmit it's intention as a voice?
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 8:15 pm

You know, the earthquake in the area today made me wonder; are there any natural earthquakes in Felarya?

I'd imagine that if there were, they'd work somewhat differently from Earth earthquakes, since Felarya isn't technically a "planet."
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 8:34 pm

itsmeyouidiot wrote:
You know, the earthquake in the area today made me wonder; are there any natural earthquakes in Felarya?

I'd imagine that if there were, they'd work somewhat differently from Earth earthquakes, since Felarya isn't technically a "planet."

You have the Pyrale Mountais which have active volcanoes which makes this area is know for it's geological activities and as the world in overall is constantly expand you can expect some may happen.
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 8:47 pm

itsmeyouidiot wrote:

Well, keep in mind, its not like Felarya is paper thin. We know that the atmosphere has the same layers and structure as a real atmosphere, except for the rift that causes you you to leave the plane, instead of just going into orbit.

I don't think it is too much of a stretch to assume that subterranean Felarya is probably similar. It probably has a crust, mantle, etc. So, there could very well be techtonic plates like on Earth, and the Pyrale mountains certainly prove that Felarya is geologically active and that the inner portions of Felarya are full of heat, pressure and molten rock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Q and A
Page 15 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next