Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Q and A

Go down 
+75
Darth_Nergal
Emerald Electronic
Oldman40k2003
Venom Agato
vore4life99
DaNoob13
DarkOne
Ilceren
McKindle
2Ron2R
AzureJass
HeavenlessStar
Boris92
Malahite
hhhat09
FalconJudge
jedi-explorer
EvilGenius
parameciumkid
Paltiel
Greyman
timing2
Rezec
/Fish/
Tango
Beefnautz
Pendragon
sadisticnerd
Axel Hunter
Archmage_Bael
MrNobody13
Darkstorm Zero
Black Aquila
ZionAtriedes
Iavlas
Silent_eric
TryMeIke
French snack
Saironthis
walkingbyself
Black Hole Fragment
Primeval Hunter
Nyaha
Krisexy26
gwadahunter2222
Vaderaz
zersergathant
TheArchvile
TheLightLost
AisuKaiko
itsmeyouidiot
CauldronBorn24
Slimetoad
Feadraug
Amaroq
macdaddy
The Ultimate
Claire
sparkythechu
Pim18
Jasconius
kikijonson
Anime-Junkie
luke112
aethernavale
Shady Knight
buddha66667
Prof.Nekko
Karbo
Jætte_Troll
Solomon
Sehoolighan
Grave
rcs619
Stabs
79 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Prof.Nekko
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Prof.Nekko

General Q and A - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 4:08 pm

well since aging isn't really that big a deal in Felarya... Age probably does not constitute retirement, but since Isolon Fist members are very powerful and dangerous, as well as some of the higher ranks knowing sensitive information. So the higher ups will probably consider "retirement" to be death only.
Back to top Go down
Beefnautz
Marauder of the deep jungle
Beefnautz

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 4:20 pm

could a person from the Isolon fist or the magicocracy be fired? or would they be executed/exiled?
Back to top Go down
Prof.Nekko
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Prof.Nekko

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 4:26 pm

well if you are getting fired it's cause you screwed up majorly, and if you screw up majorly in felarya, that's probably going to equal you getting killed. When it comes to the isolon fist the only way you can leave is one of 4 ways,
A. You were too new to be any threat or get any information
B. you were injured to the point where you were incapable of being a threat
C. You ran off into the jungle and never returned to Negav again
D. You leave the fist, but still prove to be of valuable use
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 4:30 pm

Prof.Nekko wrote:
well if you are getting fired it's cause you screwed up majorly, and if you screw up majorly in felarya, that's probably going to equal you getting killed. When it comes to the isolon fist the only way you can leave is one of 4 ways,
A. You were too new to be any threat or get any information
B. you were injured to the point where you were incapable of being a threat
C. You ran off into the jungle and never returned to Negav again
D. You leave the fist, but still prove to be of valuable use

The Isolon Fist isn't some kind of spartan-esque lifelong thing. Its a military unit. They probably have tours of duty just like everyone else. People can probably opt out at the end of their tour.

The only people who should have any trouble with that are the battlemages, since they are so highly trained and potentially dangerous. They likely have very limited job options if they leave The Fist, probably in the Isolon Academy or something.

Keep in mind, the Isolon Fist isn't a compulsary thing. People who join it, are doing it because they choose to. Between the thrill/danger of it, the pay and benefits, quite a few people stay in it for long periods of time. Its the most elite military unit in known Felarya.
Back to top Go down
Prof.Nekko
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Prof.Nekko

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 5:06 pm

rcs619 wrote:

The Isolon Fist isn't some kind of spartan-esque lifelong thing. Its a military unit. They probably have tours of duty just like everyone else. People can probably opt out at the end of their tour.

The only people who should have any trouble with that are the battlemages, since they are so highly trained and potentially dangerous. They likely have very limited job options if they leave The Fist, probably in the Isolon Academy or something.

Keep in mind, the Isolon Fist isn't a compulsary thing. People who join it, are doing it because they choose to. Between the thrill/danger of it, the pay and benefits, quite a few people stay in it for long periods of time. Its the most elite military unit in known Felarya.

Yeah I tried to revise that by saying that those who would present a threat to Negav and the Magiocrats if they left would not be allowed to live in that situation. After all you wouldn't just let a nuclear missile ride off into the sunset with a passionate Celine Dion soundtrack playing now would you?
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 7:56 pm

Question: Can a Dog whistle affect something like a Inu or Kensha Beast?
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 8:10 pm

Yes, but it would have to be designed for them. With Kensha beasts, that would mean that it'd be pretty big.
Also, they may not have the desired effect. With inu, since they are intelligent, they'd probably try to stop you, violently. Same with kensha actually, if they were close enough to identify you as the source.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 8:47 pm

Thank you AJ for the answer Smile
Back to top Go down
Amaroq
Great warrior
Great warrior
Amaroq

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 3:18 am

I would define it a little bit more.

Yes, Inu and Kenshas and other canine creatures would be able to hear that whistle and it would probably be something that they dislike to hear from close up since it's an annoying sound. You as a human don't want to hear someone use a whistle next to your ear either and now imagine that a few times louder!

However, since Inus are intelligent beings, they do NOT always try to stop you from whistling by violence! Depending on certain agreements or previous uses, it may be used as an emergency signal that only a few species (inus included) could hear, so it would be something similar to a secret signal, like Using it to be found or warn other Inus of the same tribe or something like that. There is a high possibility that some Inus do excactly that, but not everyone of course.

AJ was right in the case that someone uses that whistle without caring about any secret messages and the like. It still is an annoying sound and if you use it as a human while being close to an Inu, they'd probably freak out after a few moments, maybe even attack you.
Back to top Go down
http://xxamaroqxx.deviantart.com
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 11:01 am

Amaroq wrote:
a few times louder!
It wouldn't be louder it would have a higher frequency. How loud something is is measured in decibel while frequency is measured in hertz.

Back to top Go down
Amaroq
Great warrior
Great warrior
Amaroq

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 11:13 am

buddha66667 wrote:
Amaroq wrote:
a few times louder!
It wouldn't be louder it would have a higher frequency. How loud something is is measured in decibel while frequency is measured in hertz.

Yeah but you forget that Inus do hear better than human.
Back to top Go down
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 12:14 pm

Did I ever say that they didn't? All I said was that you used the wrong term. Loudness is a measure of the amplitude of a sound wave while frequency is a measure of how many periods occur in one second.
Back to top Go down
Amaroq
Great warrior
Great warrior
Amaroq

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 12:43 pm

So what? That doesn't change my statement at all. I don't know why you're telling me that. If it's just because of my words used: well I'm from europe so I'm not that perfect in using english.
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:44 pm

I think that he means that due to an inu's more sensitive hearing, they would perceive it as being louder. Perception.
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 8:46 pm

Amaroq wrote:
I would define it a little bit more.

Yes, Inu and Kenshas and other canine creatures would be able to hear that whistle and it would probably be something that they dislike to hear from close up since it's an annoying sound. You as a human don't want to hear someone use a whistle next to your ear either and now imagine that a few times louder!

My Weight trianing Coach is a Former Army Drill instructor, I know the Feeling of a wishtle being used next to the ear :/
Back to top Go down
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 8:58 am

Ok, the neagivity around this place better fade real fast people. I sense much tension in the air this past week, and I know I'm not liking it.
Back to top Go down
http://darkstormzero.deviantart.com/
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 6:07 pm

luke112 wrote:

My Weight trianing Coach is a Former Army Drill instructor
Erk! Sorry, I can't let this slip by. They're Drill Sergeants in the Army. Drill Instructor is a term used for the REAL badasses of military training: NCOs and SNCOs within either the United States Marine Corps First Recruit Training Regiment, or the United States Marine Corps Second Recruit Training Regiment. And truuuuust me, a whistle next to your ear is nothing.

Also, DZ, your comment is premature and potentially inflammatory. While I agree that there is obvious tension, I do not think it is showing so prominently here. You may be reading too much into it. Start calling "Fire!" and there'll be a panic in the theater.

Enough derailment. Next question.
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 6:14 pm

If one lights a Flare in the evernight Forest, What would come to the light? would be repelled by the light?
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 6:56 pm

Well, everything that is nocturnal will just go away as far as possible.

For the rest, and that includes nocturnal and diurnal animals, well I don't think they are stupid enough to come by and smell what a fire is. So they'll just run away to stay alive.

(I checked, and it said on my traductor that a flare is like...a flame. So yeah.)
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 7:05 pm

Krisexy's right. Well, a flare is really a device that gives off a bright, often colored light, although older uses can mean "flame". They're also called fusees.

In any case, anything that is so used to darkness would be stunned or surprised by the intense light, and would probably avoid it. However... flares don't last forever, and some may notice the light is gone and go to investigate...
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 8:42 pm

Ok thanks next question. Does Negav have a Flag? If so whats the Disign? I mean its only natural for a City state like Negav to have its own flag. Im curious as what it is...
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 8:47 pm

I'd imagine a symbol relating to the Isolon Eye would feature prominently. I am not aware of any canon flag, however.
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 8:47 pm

A flag representing a city is typically earth-like. if ever negav will have a flag, itll be because theyve been inspired by human from earth, which is unlikely to happen.

and ive been told this before: magiocrats and all that crew do not care about the "design" of the city. meaning that: negav is neutral, grey, not recognized to be a colourful city with so much joy.
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 9:17 pm

Quote :
A flag representing a city is typically earth-like

Ehh, its more about a uniting symbol to form a national identity. Its hardly "earth-like", really. Humans have been using flags/crests/banners and so on before they even knew there was an "earth" and before they even knew what a "human" was. Its just something that pops up within nearly every single organized society to ever exist.

Quote :
if ever negav will have a flag, itll be because theyve been inspired by human from earth

This is the part that puzzles me. Why earth? Who's to say that they couldn't be inspired by offworlders from another world? Hell, even the Ur-Sagolians likely had a national symbol...and there's strong evidance that more than a few Ur-Sagolians were allowed to assimilate into Negav back when it was a neko settlement.

Quote :
and ive been told this before: magiocrats and all that crew do not care about the "design" of the city. meaning that: negav is neutral, grey, not recognized to be a colourful city with so much joy.

That's not entirely accurate. Keep in mind, Negav is home to a MASSIVE variety of archecture because of all the immigrants and differing views. You also have to factor in the local influence as well. If the Magiocrats "don't care" about the majority of the city design, then there likely are very few, if any, zoning laws. People can likely paint and decorate their homes/businesses any way they want. I imagine the middle district is fairly colorful, thanks to all the shops, inns and such (bright colors to attract customers). Hell, the low district is probably not that dull either. I could imagine quite a few bars and inns using neon lights and such.

The Magiocrats are a government. Every government that has ever existed has had some kind of official symbol, seal or flag. I doubt the Magiocrats are any different. Symbols are powerful things, especially if your government is taking over after kicking out the previous ruler, and your goal is to rebuild a damaged city full of scared and shaken people. You'd NEED a flag to rally behind for that kind of thing to even work.

As for how it should look.... I say the same color as the city's walls, with a pale purple eye in the center (the same purple as the Isolon Eye crystal). Maybe some stripes/stars/other little symbols to fill in the empty space. Maybe the smaller symbols could represent the original magiocrat council...so you'd have as many of them as there are seats on the council. Lots of ways to go with it really.

Negav isn't some dull grey dystopian state. Its a diverse, likely vibrant trade-hub.
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 5:30 am

I can imagine someone in Negav who came from Earth saying something like "I've been here for 5 years and I still haven't gotten used to this weird place," and the person he's talking to asks, "What's a year?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Q and A
Page 17 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next