Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Q and A

Go down 
+75
Darth_Nergal
Emerald Electronic
Oldman40k2003
Venom Agato
vore4life99
DaNoob13
DarkOne
Ilceren
McKindle
2Ron2R
AzureJass
HeavenlessStar
Boris92
Malahite
hhhat09
FalconJudge
jedi-explorer
EvilGenius
parameciumkid
Paltiel
Greyman
timing2
Rezec
/Fish/
Tango
Beefnautz
Pendragon
sadisticnerd
Axel Hunter
Archmage_Bael
MrNobody13
Darkstorm Zero
Black Aquila
ZionAtriedes
Iavlas
Silent_eric
TryMeIke
French snack
Saironthis
walkingbyself
Black Hole Fragment
Primeval Hunter
Nyaha
Krisexy26
gwadahunter2222
Vaderaz
zersergathant
TheArchvile
TheLightLost
AisuKaiko
itsmeyouidiot
CauldronBorn24
Slimetoad
Feadraug
Amaroq
macdaddy
The Ultimate
Claire
sparkythechu
Pim18
Jasconius
kikijonson
Anime-Junkie
luke112
aethernavale
Shady Knight
buddha66667
Prof.Nekko
Karbo
Jætte_Troll
Solomon
Sehoolighan
Grave
rcs619
Stabs
79 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

General Q and A - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 2:56 am

Well it's on my list of things to do and I will design one relatively soon ^^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 3:35 am

Sweet
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 11:38 am

I hope this is on topic. Has anyone created or considered a 'shadow world' existing in a similar plane or something to Felarya, or something along the lines of that? If so, I'd like to discuss with them how the shadow siren species, a creation of mine, might tie into that, please and thank you.
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 2:14 pm

Nyaha, there is the 'negative plane' that is mentioned in the Negative Hydra and Nether Wisp articles on the wiki. However there is no other information about it as no development has been done.
I believe that only Karbo really knows what it is supposed to be.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 1:06 pm

Negative plane, huh? Okay, I'll check it out. Thank you. *bows appreciatively*
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Tango
Helpless prey
Tango

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 8:27 pm

How much does a Mercenary generally get paid to go out in the wild like Felarya?
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 8:50 pm

That's a bit hard to answer. It'd prolly depend on the mercenary, the employer, the duty, etc...
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
Tango
Helpless prey
Tango

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 8:52 pm

AisuKaiko wrote:
That's a bit hard to answer. It'd prolly depend on the mercenary, the employer, the duty, etc...

Yeah >_< I figured I may as well ask, see if anybody knows anything about it.
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 8:55 pm

Weeell, maybe someone with more experience in that field could give a more definite answer ^^;
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 10:43 pm

Tango wrote:
How much does a Mercenary generally get paid to go out in the wild like Felarya?

An exact number is hard to guess. It would depend on the employer and the job.

The one thing we do know is that any job requiring the mercs to leave the field of the Isolon Eye would cost MUCH more. Most of Negav's mercenaries conduct their business within the field of effect of The Eye. They mainly do security work for local businesses in the low and middle district, and very likely bodyguard work for the city's richer residents up the high district. Mission in the Chomikai Commons are probably very common as well, mainly protecting shipments or important individuals when they travel through The Commons (to and from Negav and the dimensional gate/Motamo Docks), which are somewhat notorious for a variety of bandits that like to try and prey on new people coming to and from the city.

Jobs going out beyond the safety of The Eye would be much less common, and a lot more expensive to negotiate.

Last edited by rcs619 on Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 10:44 pm

We also have to know how much the cost of some basic needs in negav are, that way you could decide a more general number for it. As it stands, the Negav economy is complex.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 11:25 pm

Bael, we already know that.
Back to top Go down
Tango
Helpless prey
Tango

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 2:18 pm

I figured that 1 Skevol is worth about 4 American Dollars. Someone tell me if I'm wrong, that was just a rough estimate based off what I read on the wiki.

Quote :
An exact number is hard to guess. It would depend on the employer and the job.

The one thing we do know is that any job requiring the mercs to leave the field of the Isolon Eye would cost MUCH more. Most of Negav's mercenaries conduct their business within the field of effect of The Eye. They mainly do security work for local businesses in the low and middle district, and very likely bodyguard work for the city's richer residents up the high district. Mission in the Chomikai Commons are probably very common as well, mainly protecting shipments or important individuals when they travel through The Commons (to and from Negav and the dimensional gate/Motamo Docks), which are somewhat notorious for a variety of bandits that like to try and prey on new people coming to and from the city.

Jobs going out beyond the safety of The Eye would be much less common, and a lot more expensive to negotiate.

Yeah I can definatly see them amping up the price for jobs outside the eye. They know what goes on in those jungles lol

I read that mercs in real life can make from $90,000 to $250,000 a year, depending on -like you guys mentioned- on the employers, years of experience, job, et cetera. The kind of job I'm thinking of is a contract, not full time like private security soooo... it's gonna take a little more figuring out on my part. I think they would charge more then a merc on Earth would. Felaryan mercs have bigger things to worry about then getting shot at. Literally.

Quote :
We also have to know how much the cost of some basic needs in negav are, that way you could decide a more general number for it. As it stands, the Negav economy is complex.

And difficult to figure out lol >_< moar math
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 8:21 pm

'kay, let's see what can ol' Stabby do to help with the numbers. I took an economy class last quatrimester...

-First, any regulated profession has a minimum wage or contract value. It's what keeps them from undercutting each other. Prices, in general, should suffice to replace all work equipment every 5 years at least- less if specially prone to breaking, more if we're working with buildings. Buildings are amortized to 50 years. Other things may not be amortized at all, and might be included in the costs.
60 months... make it 25 skevols per month, you're paying no interests.

-Consider work expenses, too. If it costs twelve... thousand skevols... to fire this gun... for five seconds... we have a problem. Consider the number of seconds you're expecting to fire that thing per day, however, and you might not. Consider you're using up 25 skevols a month worth of bullets, we'll make do.

-Over that value, you should probably consider what sort of livelihood are they being offered, or what sort of material that would afford. For lack of a better alternative, we'll consider the material on the wiki- let's say 9 skevols a day. That's 270 skevols a month worth of rent and food.

-Consider on top of that other expenses. Clothes. I replace my clothes roughly every year- add in the values of the number of sets of clothes the character owns. Let's say this gal (I assume it's a gal) owns 3 suits, about as good as a traveler's outfit. That means 30 skevols a year- 3 skevols a month.

-From there, are they saving money, or are they struggling to keep up?

Combining those values, we'll assume 325 skevols a month are fine for a basic job that allows you to live pretty well- if you're a single person.

Add another 275 skevols if it's supposed to support you and another person, make it 300 if it's supposed to be enough to take care of a kid, double that if the kid's a cripple... but if you've got a crippled kid you wouldn't risk the wild.

Make it 800 skevols a month for dangerous work inside the city, I guess- the extra money beyond 400 skevols should cover the risk surcharge. Does that sound about right? Multiply those values according to what number of months they want you to believe you won't have to work, and then again by the extra risk surcharge. x3 outside the city where you won't be protected by the law, x5 outside the eye, x10 if you might die before you get there... that sound right?

P.S: Does anyone else find it odd that you can buy a whole traveler's outfit, boots and stuff, with the price of two days' worth of high grade meals? Either someone flooded the marked with cheap stout clothes or food's awfully expensive. We really ought to work on those prices...
Back to top Go down
Solomon
Marauder of the deep jungle

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 5:24 pm

say is it possible for a person to learn how to make salt from earth using magic
Back to top Go down
Tango
Helpless prey
Tango

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 6:39 pm

Stabs wrote:
'kay, let's see what can ol' Stabby do to help with the numbers. I took an economy class last quatrimester...

-First, any regulated profession has a minimum wage or contract value. It's what keeps them from undercutting each other. Prices, in general, should suffice to replace all work equipment every 5 years at least- less if specially prone to breaking, more if we're working with buildings. Buildings are amortized to 50 years. Other things may not be amortized at all, and might be included in the costs.
60 months... make it 25 skevols per month, you're paying no interests.

-Consider work expenses, too. If it costs twelve... thousand skevols... to fire this gun... for five seconds... we have a problem. Consider the number of seconds you're expecting to fire that thing per day, however, and you might not. Consider you're using up 25 skevols a month worth of bullets, we'll make do.

-Over that value, you should probably consider what sort of livelihood are they being offered, or what sort of material that would afford. For lack of a better alternative, we'll consider the material on the wiki- let's say 9 skevols a day. That's 270 skevols a month worth of rent and food.

-Consider on top of that other expenses. Clothes. I replace my clothes roughly every year- add in the values of the number of sets of clothes the character owns. Let's say this gal (I assume it's a gal) owns 3 suits, about as good as a traveler's outfit. That means 30 skevols a year- 3 skevols a month.

-From there, are they saving money, or are they struggling to keep up?

Combining those values, we'll assume 325 skevols a month are fine for a basic job that allows you to live pretty well- if you're a single person.

Add another 275 skevols if it's supposed to support you and another person, make it 300 if it's supposed to be enough to take care of a kid, double that if the kid's a cripple... but if you've got a crippled kid you wouldn't risk the wild.

Make it 800 skevols a month for dangerous work inside the city, I guess- the extra money beyond 400 skevols should cover the risk surcharge. Does that sound about right? Multiply those values according to what number of months they want you to believe you won't have to work, and then again by the extra risk surcharge. x3 outside the city where you won't be protected by the law, x5 outside the eye, x10 if you might die before you get there... that sound right?

P.S: Does anyone else find it odd that you can buy a whole traveler's outfit, boots and stuff, with the price of two days' worth of high grade meals? Either someone flooded the marked with cheap stout clothes or food's awfully expensive. We really ought to work on those prices...

Goodlordthisresponse Shocked Thank you so much. That's incredibly helpful. I honestly don't know too much about that sort of thing ^^;
And I think that sounds about right. I think it'd depend on the employer too.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 7:14 pm

Solomon wrote:
say is it possible for a person to learn how to make salt from earth using magic
Yes, but it would be hard as it's complex transmutation.

A far easier method of obtaining salt would be to use magic to extract the salt that is already present in dirt.
Back to top Go down
Prof.Nekko
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Prof.Nekko

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 8:14 pm

making salt from earth? Seems kind of unneeded since there is an ocean biome in Felarya which I'm quite sure is full of salt itself. And considering how salt is such a good preservitive, it's bound to be used as a trading commodity and salt not being in short supply
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 12:48 am

Quick question regarding Fairly Glass.

Just like how it prevents shrunken prey from naturally regrowing once the fairy's magic has worn off, will it also prevent a small fairy from willingly attempting to grow her way out of the glass container?
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 1:51 am

Mhh no. As I see it, the two are different ^^

Stabs wrote:

Wow great calculation here !
Well one thing that must be clear by now is I don't like numbers ^^; they don't speak at all to me and I get lost in them pretty easily.
So indeed there can be some discrepancy and errors in the way I put the prices, so please don't hesitate to propose your own version of it Smile

Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 5:05 am

5 star post Stabs. I came in to ask a possible question, and that already answered it ahead of time.

You are the superior man with numbers.
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 10:28 am

Pendragon wrote:
5 star post Stabs. I came in to ask a possible question, and that already answered it ahead of time.

You are the superior man with numbers.

Careful, guys, the sugar goes straight to my ego... sweatdrop and that wasn't such a good answer either.

Yeah, I'd gladly offer help on the economic aspect, but the problem's that economy IS, in fact, THE hardest thing ever. Governments fail at it all the time despite having the welfare of the whole brainpower of the population to call upon. And it involves playing with people's priorities all the time, too, not to mention power groups and all those crazy things too.

Things ought to be simpler since Negav doesn't have a stock market (I hope...) or important banks, but still, you know, it's still going to be purty darn hard.

But guess I'll go take a look at what I can do, just for the hell of it. I mean, if I end up with anything worse than what we started with, we don't lose much, do we?
Back to top Go down
Solomon

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 11:49 am

a quick question can a giant (like Scala) use fire magic to kill a slug-girl?
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 6:01 pm

What does the Thaniathan even look like? The wiki doesn't even describe it in the slightest. If anyone tried to write a story about it, no one will have a clue what it resembles.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Beefnautz
Beefnautz

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 5:52 am

I've heard of bad stories as well as well written ones... but is there such a thing as an inappropriate story? If so, where would the line be?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Q and A
Page 18 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next