Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Q and A

Go down 
+75
Darth_Nergal
Emerald Electronic
Oldman40k2003
Venom Agato
vore4life99
DaNoob13
DarkOne
Ilceren
McKindle
2Ron2R
AzureJass
HeavenlessStar
Boris92
Malahite
hhhat09
FalconJudge
jedi-explorer
EvilGenius
parameciumkid
Paltiel
Greyman
timing2
Rezec
/Fish/
Tango
Beefnautz
Pendragon
sadisticnerd
Axel Hunter
Archmage_Bael
MrNobody13
Darkstorm Zero
Black Aquila
ZionAtriedes
Iavlas
Silent_eric
TryMeIke
French snack
Saironthis
walkingbyself
Black Hole Fragment
Primeval Hunter
Nyaha
Krisexy26
gwadahunter2222
Vaderaz
zersergathant
TheArchvile
TheLightLost
AisuKaiko
itsmeyouidiot
CauldronBorn24
Slimetoad
Feadraug
Amaroq
macdaddy
The Ultimate
Claire
sparkythechu
Pim18
Jasconius
kikijonson
Anime-Junkie
luke112
aethernavale
Shady Knight
buddha66667
Prof.Nekko
Karbo
Jætte_Troll
Solomon
Sehoolighan
Grave
rcs619
Stabs
79 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

General Q and A - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 12:08 pm

Hm, thank you. ^_^ Now I know it's possible.
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Grave
Marauder of the deep jungle
Grave

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 1:05 pm

Is Caylin ever going to get a bio-page?

I guess what I want to know is if there are other giant nekos out there, or is she some extreme rarity? I'm very suspicious of a neko who is that big and calls regular size humans "Mouzies".

If she has a concept of a "mouzie" (Which i think she means neera), I have a haunting suspicion that she was once regular sized and used to eat them.

To which I ask if that's the case...."JUST HOW MANY DAMN NEERA AND TINIES DID SHE EAT TO GET THAT BIG?!?!"
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 1:11 pm

I doubt it, since she hasn't already.
I'm not even sure if hard choices is really 'canon.' It's not part of the manga.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Grave
Grave

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 1:15 pm

Not canon? I thought it was simply not part of the main story, and focused to showcase vore, but very much still canon.......
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 3:46 pm

I'm going to have to agree with AJ here. I was under the impression that it was as canon as the Naruto crossover pics Karbo did a while back. Meaning, just for fun.
Back to top Go down
Grave
Grave

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 5:17 pm

Then why is she on the list of known nekos?
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 5:36 pm

Grave wrote:
Is Caylin ever going to get a bio-page?

I guess what I want to know is if there are other giant nekos out there, or is she some extreme rarity? I'm very suspicious of a neko who is that big and calls regular size humans "Mouzies".

If she has a concept of a "mouzie" (Which i think she means neera), I have a haunting suspicion that she was once regular sized and used to eat them.

To which I ask if that's the case...."JUST HOW MANY DAMN NEERA AND TINIES DID SHE EAT TO GET THAT BIG?!?!"

There was actually a bit of a fuss about that when Caylin was first revealed. Me, AJ, Zion, Jeatte and quite a few other community members felt giant nekos, as a species, were unnecissary. That not every species should have a giant and tiny variant, and that some species should be a single size only. I mean, if there's giant nekos, next thing you know there would be giant inu and human-sized neera.

I mean, look at humans. There are no natural giants or giantesses in Felarya that we know of. Every one of them in the wiki is either an offworlder (from a world populated by giant humans), or was made giant by accident. That seems to imply that all Felaryan humans are exclusively human-sized or tinies like tomthumbs, and that any giant ones are accidents or offworlders.

I believe Karbo ended up leaning towards that view as well. Caylin is likely an anomaly, given size by some sort of dimensional hiccup, similar to Anna... or an offworlder, from a world populated by giant nekos.
Back to top Go down
Grave
Grave

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 9:59 am

If that's the case, shouldn't she really need a wiki-page expressing that she is an anomaly as to not give people the wrong idea?
Back to top Go down
Solomon

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 10:43 pm

say is permission needed in order to make an OC out of any of the Felarya races including minor races and sub-species?
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 11:13 pm

Not really, but it would be polite.
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 12:06 pm

Well, the races who are in red need permission, I believe, like Mantoids, for example. You need to have Kiki's permission to use a mantoid.

But it'd be polite to ask even if it's not red as Zion said.
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 12:19 pm

Now I feel bad that I haven't been polite. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 2:12 pm

In most cases, it isn't a big deal. Some people, like Kiki, would very much prefer if you consulted with them, but others feel that a race isn't as personal as a character and don't mind.

I'd still give credit, at least.
Back to top Go down
Axel Hunter
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Axel Hunter

Location : In the land of nowhere, beyond the valley of somewhere, but not as far as the jungle of neither-here-nor-there....

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 12:45 pm

heres an interesting one. Not alot of humans seem to live in Dridder Forest, at least to my knowledge. What sort of steps can one take to live in Dridder Forest?
Back to top Go down
http://foreverknight13.deviantart.com/
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 1:07 pm

Axel Hunter wrote:
heres an interesting one. Not alot of humans seem to live in Dridder Forest, at least to my knowledge. What sort of steps can one take to live in Dridder Forest?

Be born a dridder?

I kid, I kid, but seriously its a death-trap for humans. Its a region that is controlled by several dridder tribes. These tribes are going to be more organized and better equipped than average, solitary preds. Its just not a good place for humans to be at all.
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 1:10 pm

Axel Hunter wrote:

The same steps you can take to live anywhere. If you don't want to befriend a local predator, you'll need to stay somewhere they won't get to you, and defend yourself from anything that does get to you while still procuring food and water in sufficient amounts to maintain yourself.

So the easiest way would be to find a bear and kill it for its burrow, I guess.
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 10:37 am

Quick one about Aya.

Is she aware of her hunger thingy? Or is it something her peers know of but have left her in the dark about? The wiki doesn't seem to clear on it. D:
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 5:17 pm

AisuKaiko wrote:
Quick one about Aya.

Is she aware of her hunger thingy? Or is it something her peers know of but have left her in the dark about? The wiki doesn't seem to clear on it. D:

Im not sure if karbo has established that for sure or not. I remember asking a while ago, and I remember that he was still deciding.

I got the impression that he was leaning more towards the idea that they are like blackouts and she has no memory of them, since, if I remember right he said something to the effect of "If she knew about the things she did, it would probably crush her".

In the end, its up to karbo though. Either option, aware or unaware, should allow for interesting character development.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 2:04 am

Indeed, she has total blackout during those phases and don't remember a single thing after.
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 6:33 am

About the Drakewillow Nexolt, the description says that they look like a goose with a serpentine neck, but with a gaping maw. So... does that mean that they have no beak or that they have a very big one?
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 5:20 pm

If a fairy enlarges an object, does it usually stay that way? I've seen a few examples of "fairies grew something so a giant could use it" as a handwave, so I was curious what limiting factors there may be.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 5:36 pm

/Fish/ wrote:
If a fairy enlarges an object, does it usually stay that way? I've seen a few examples of "fairies grew something so a giant could use it" as a handwave, so I was curious what limiting factors there may be.

Well, we know that with humans/human-sized people, if they get away from the fairy the shrinking spell will wear off without her there to maintain it.

Inanimate objects could potentially react differently due to the lack of a life force/innate magical field, etc. It could be that the magical field of an inanimate object is completely static, whereas the field of a living being is constantly in flux, which requires the fairy to actively maintain her spell to keep it from wearing off.

Kind of like friction vs no friction. A living being's magical field has "friction" and if the spell isn't actively maintained, it will eventually wear off (come to a stop due to friction).

An inanimate object's magical field has no "friction", and a spell cast on it will continue to remain in place until acted on by another spell.

Just random thoughts, as there has been no concrete answer for this topic that I know of.
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 5:45 pm

I realized one issue with inanimate objects not wearing off on the magic...

The clothing of the shrunken will not grow with them, making for an uncomfortable experience if there isn't some handwave for that Razz
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 7:02 pm

AisuKaiko wrote:
I realized one issue with inanimate objects not wearing off on the magic...

The clothing of the shrunken will not grow with them, making for an uncomfortable experience if there isn't some handwave for that Razz

Ehh, the clothes fairies wear seem to grow with them. The size magic might affect whatever is touching the target too.
Back to top Go down
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 2:45 am

Actually, I don't know about that. Most fairies are naked - and the one canon reference I can think of that showed a fairy wearing clothes who grew in size was in Manga Tome 1 - and Subeta went from wearing a one piece to not wearing anything as she grew in size. Granted, we never saw it rip off of her but.... the only bit of clothing we know grew with her is the glove, which is itself magical. I think the 'field' / 'friction' theory can hold true to that, but that you'd have to define a corollary that inanimate objects can be made magical and as such they would have a 'field' or whatever.

Personally I always kind of thought that was an easy way for a fairy to get the clothing off their prey so that they could eat them without anything in the way - though, again, we usually only see fairies in images when they're big, not when they're normal sized/small with shrunken prey.

However, I can think of at least one other image where shruken prey did retain their clothing in a shruken form, so.... meh (well, assuming Lucilya was human sized in the wiki image of her).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Q and A
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next