Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Q and A

Go down 
+75
Darth_Nergal
Emerald Electronic
Oldman40k2003
Venom Agato
vore4life99
DaNoob13
DarkOne
Ilceren
McKindle
2Ron2R
AzureJass
HeavenlessStar
Boris92
Malahite
hhhat09
FalconJudge
jedi-explorer
EvilGenius
parameciumkid
Paltiel
Greyman
timing2
Rezec
/Fish/
Tango
Beefnautz
Pendragon
sadisticnerd
Axel Hunter
Archmage_Bael
MrNobody13
Darkstorm Zero
Black Aquila
ZionAtriedes
Iavlas
Silent_eric
TryMeIke
French snack
Saironthis
walkingbyself
Black Hole Fragment
Primeval Hunter
Nyaha
Krisexy26
gwadahunter2222
Vaderaz
zersergathant
TheArchvile
TheLightLost
AisuKaiko
itsmeyouidiot
CauldronBorn24
Slimetoad
Feadraug
Amaroq
macdaddy
The Ultimate
Claire
sparkythechu
Pim18
Jasconius
kikijonson
Anime-Junkie
luke112
aethernavale
Shady Knight
buddha66667
Prof.Nekko
Karbo
Jætte_Troll
Solomon
Sehoolighan
Grave
rcs619
Stabs
79 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Solomon
Marauder of the deep jungle

General Q and A - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 8:43 am

say I have a question about giant/giantess.

is there anything that a giant/giantess would think about a human that became a giant/giantess I mean from what I can tell in Felarya giant/giantess who were born as they are have a fairly good bond with the former human giants/giantess out there but are there any groups who are against one or the other at all?
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 9:02 am

As far as I think, the sizeshifting magic actually affects the whole target if the fairy wishes so. In fact, that's how I always treated the sizeshifting magic... or else my fairy Kyria wouldn't keep her prey's clothes as some kind of trophy, imagine going around with a lot of trousers and shirts, that would be kind of uncomfortable to carry while flying. xD

About how long it would last, I think that unless it is stated, there should be some time limit for it too... imagine you were shrunk by a fairy, escaped and then her magic wore off. If you grow back to normal but your clotes stay that way... well... take a wild guess. Razz

Finally, even if Subeta's glove is magical, as far as I know she just feels more comfortable naked than with clothes, and the fact she wears clothes when human-sized is because she doesn't want her assistant to nosebleed everytime she comes around. But I'm sure that if she wished, she'll still go around with clothes.
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
Rezec
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Rezec

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 12:07 pm

1)How do radio waves "running" in the Great rocky fields's airspace? Is it possible to use radio devices there?

2)How tough GRF's soil? Is it possible to build underground constructions there?
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 3:21 pm

Rezec wrote:
1)How do radio waves "running" in the Great rocky fields's airspace? Is it possible to use radio devices there?
I see no reason why they wouldn't work. So yes, they'd work.

Rezec wrote:
2)How tough GRF's soil? Is it possible to build underground constructions there?
This is conjecture, but I'll say it anyway.

The great rocky fields are rocky. Obviously, this means there are lots of rocks. It's un-likely that all these rocks fell out of the sky, so I must conclude that they came from the ground. Therefore, there are some parts of the GRF where the soil is very shallow.

Rock is obviously hard and good for foundations, so I'd say that it would be possible to build underground facilities there.
I've actually already got an idea llike that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Rezec
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Rezec

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 3:35 pm

to AJ
Thanks for answers.

well, Felarya IS very odd world, so I just had to ask some old-timers for sure)

As for underground facilities - how deep those bases should\may be dug in? ~200 meters are enough?

(btw, those are interesting ideas of yours. I think I should read them before post my own re-done human race)
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 4:13 pm

Ah hah hah. "Old-timers." ^_^ Ehehe!

Anyway, I have a question about long-distance communication. Are there any types of technology or magic artifact that would allow two people to communicate with each other from anywhere in Felarya?
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Rezec
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Rezec

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 4:24 pm

Nyaha wrote:

Anyway, I have a question about long-distance communication. Are there any types of technology or magic artifact that would allow two people to communicate with each other from anywhere in Felarya?

Well, yes. AJ is one of those ones whom I'd call an old-timer))

As for long-distance communication:
I asked about radio-wawes because I thought that some tech-race (24~27 century) could build their own (disguised!) network of radio towers\radio repeaters (since there is no space - we can't use normal satellites for communication) and thus have contact even from far-far distances with each-other.
Plus, convoys can get bored sometimes, so it'd be nice a idea to have radio receiver (common radio which we have in cars) and listen some things with it. Some music, or news from home-world...
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 4:31 pm

Nyaha wrote:

I imagine something like that would need to be very rare. If they're artifacts, maybe a linked set of them.

Communication is power, and communication makes worlds smaller.

Negav almost undoubtedly will use short-range radios, or other communicaiton devices, and probably does how towers and relays set up around the city, nekomura and the mines. Anything long range would require some kind of infrastructure in place, which would be difficult to impossible to get set up, much less constantly maintain.

Nearly every settlement is isolated from all the others by distance and lack of communication. Its a world where you don't know if there's another person for miles, and I think its important to keep it that way. Short-ranged communication devices would be fine around more advanced settlements, but anything long range would probably need to be magical in nature, and probably rare.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 5:39 pm

What about between only two people? Would that be any more common?
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 5:57 pm

Nyaha wrote:
What about between only two people? Would that be any more common?

Keep in mind, wireless communication doesn't just happen.

Radios can communicate directly to eachother, but the range on that is limited.

Phones or long-range radios require relay towers, which need to first be built, and then require constant maintenance.

Some kind of magical relic is probably your best bet. Some kind of linked set of artifacts, but I gotta imagine those would be rare. Who would need to have direct wireless communication? Kings, generals, military officers, wizards...but not so much common folk. Artifacts don't just appear out of thin air (usually). Most of the time they were built for a specific purpose and/or person.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 6:20 pm

I guess that's true. But as long as it's a possibility, I might choose to use it. Thanks for the info~
Back to top Go down
Rezec
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Rezec

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 1:01 am

rcs619 wrote:

Keep in mind, wireless communication doesn't just happen.

Radios can communicate directly to eachother, but the range on that is limited.

Phones or long-range radios require relay towers, which need to first be built, and then require constant maintenance.

What if those towers built onto\nearby\not so far from underground bases, and thus have energy and technicians for maintenance?
Back to top Go down
Rezec
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Rezec

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 5:48 am

1) How many hours in Felaryan day? more or less than 24? How long twilight usually last?

2) Does Felarya have any kind of stabile geomagnetic field?
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 8:39 am

Rezec wrote:
1) How many hours in Felaryan day? more or less than 24? How long twilight usually last?
Unknown.
Rezec wrote:
2) Does Felarya have any kind of stabile geomagnetic field?
No.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 6:04 pm

Question: do wild fires happen in Felarya? if so then how bad can they get? like out west in califorina bad or could wildfires get as bad as the Bugaboo scrub fire back in '07 or worse?
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 6:10 pm

yes it happens...

since its a huge huge huge forest...with a lot of trees...which are quite good fire conductors if you want a barbecue...it can get real nasty...but felarya inhabitants will probably do their best to save their home (or just run away)
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 6:17 pm

while kreisexy, Thank you for the comment but my sarcasm meter just redlined when i was reading your comment after you said yes so for a further detailed answer i kindly ask you to refrien to making another sarcastic reply. May some one else step up and make a much clearer answer.
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 6:37 pm

luke112 wrote:
while kreisexy, Thank you for the comment but my sarcasm meter just redlined when i was reading your comment after you said yes so for a further detailed answer i kindly ask you to refrien to making another sarcastic reply. May some one else step up and make a much clearer answer.

Luke, I've got no idea why you would say that, but have some decorum. She didn't do anything to deserve being treated that way.

But I don't think she's right. Forest fires depend on a lot of factors, including wind speed, humidity, and season- if there's a harsh enough sun, it'll leave everything under it precooked and ready for burning.

Felarya has no lack of water anywhere we know, and with trees that big I don't think wind speed will factor in spreading the fire, at least anywhere else than the tops of the canopies. Any fire will spread relatively slowly: most of the wood is as green and alive as it can get. I'm sure you know green wood doesn't burn easily.

There might be other factors, of course. If anyone knows of them, please say.
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 6:54 pm

sorry stabs its just that Krisexy has umm... offended me before in the past and i thought she was doing it again. may mistake Embarassed

hmm canopie fires were something I kinda expected but i was asking becuase of the likly chance that smaller trees growing that are known to shed combustable material like Pine needles and to my belief anyway that even though the trees are giant there would be some major underbrush over grown at ground level and i was wondering weather or not that the under brush and pine needles or something as combustable as pine needles could be ignited by say Lightining bolt, a camp fire, a pyromaniac, ect... could spread throughout the underbrush clearing wide areas of land land, maybe not cosuming the huge trees but most certianly scorcing the bark torwards the base of the tree.

(Sorry if im confusing you right now, I just got back from a big bonfire at a relatve house and the question just came up.)
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 6:59 pm

I'm no expert on wildfires, or even common sense, but I'm going to try and combine the two into one post. My apologies beforehand for any following fail.

Known Felarya is mostly jungle. Jungles are very wet, which isn't conducive to fire. Furthermore, with the trees as thick as they are, fire would have been a big thing if there wasn't some factor preventing it. So even if the moisture does account for the complete removal of the threat, I'd assume other factors would reduce the risk of giant forest fires. Maybe smaller-scale ones could happen, but nothing that would make a massive change in the ecosystem.
Back to top Go down
timing2
timing2

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 7:13 pm

Stabs wrote:
There might be other factors, of course. If anyone knows of them, please say.
Fires happen even in rainforests, so I don't see why Felarya would be immune to them.

Look up the Borneo fires of 1982 and 1997 (specifically in Kalimantan). That area saw one of the largest forest fires of the 20th century and it happened in a rainforest. It was caused by humans. Now think what something like a fire elemental could potentially do. Or a fire-using/fire-based creature of any type...

How bad can it get?

Typically the largest trees will survive even the most intense fires. Undergrowth, smaller trees (saplings and the like), basically anything under the canopy has less chance of surviving.

Unless barriers or multiple fire lines prevent it, wildlife with significant mobility would escape. Multiple fire sources are deadly because they can easily cut off escape routes.

Slower moving animals might be in trouble if the fire advances rapidly - it all depends on the circumstances.

How big can it get?

There are way too many variables. I wouldn't even hazard a guess. On our own planet, the largest fires in recorded history have consumed over 35000 sq mi (90000 sq km) - and again, this was in a rainforest (one with an average rainfall of 120 in / 300 cm per year!).
Back to top Go down
http://timing2.deviantart.com
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 9:02 pm

Thanks Timing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Beefnautz
Beefnautz

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 11:53 pm

If I wanted to make a decision making game that's not related to Felarya in any way, would that be under Off Topic? Or Roleplay?
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 1:03 am

Beefnautz wrote:
If I wanted to make a decision making game that's not related to Felarya in any way, would that be under Off Topic? Or Roleplay?

Depends whether your game is a role-playing one.
Back to top Go down
Beefnautz
Beefnautz

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 6:28 am

French snack wrote:
Beefnautz wrote:

Depends whether your game is a role-playing one.

I... guess you could say it's a role playing game, but I think I would link them to a chatting website instead, since it would work better there than on the forum. If that's the case do I post it on Off Topic?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Q and A
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next