Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Q and A

Go down 
+75
Darth_Nergal
Emerald Electronic
Oldman40k2003
Venom Agato
vore4life99
DaNoob13
DarkOne
Ilceren
McKindle
2Ron2R
AzureJass
HeavenlessStar
Boris92
Malahite
hhhat09
FalconJudge
jedi-explorer
EvilGenius
parameciumkid
Paltiel
Greyman
timing2
Rezec
/Fish/
Tango
Beefnautz
Pendragon
sadisticnerd
Axel Hunter
Archmage_Bael
MrNobody13
Darkstorm Zero
Black Aquila
ZionAtriedes
Iavlas
Silent_eric
TryMeIke
French snack
Saironthis
walkingbyself
Black Hole Fragment
Primeval Hunter
Nyaha
Krisexy26
gwadahunter2222
Vaderaz
zersergathant
TheArchvile
TheLightLost
AisuKaiko
itsmeyouidiot
CauldronBorn24
Slimetoad
Feadraug
Amaroq
macdaddy
The Ultimate
Claire
sparkythechu
Pim18
Jasconius
kikijonson
Anime-Junkie
luke112
aethernavale
Shady Knight
buddha66667
Prof.Nekko
Karbo
Jætte_Troll
Solomon
Sehoolighan
Grave
rcs619
Stabs
79 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

General Q and A - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 6:20 pm

I guess that's true. But as long as it's a possibility, I might choose to use it. Thanks for the info~
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Rezec
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Rezec

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 1:01 am

rcs619 wrote:

Keep in mind, wireless communication doesn't just happen.

Radios can communicate directly to eachother, but the range on that is limited.

Phones or long-range radios require relay towers, which need to first be built, and then require constant maintenance.

What if those towers built onto\nearby\not so far from underground bases, and thus have energy and technicians for maintenance?
Back to top Go down
Rezec
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Rezec

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 5:48 am

1) How many hours in Felaryan day? more or less than 24? How long twilight usually last?

2) Does Felarya have any kind of stabile geomagnetic field?
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 8:39 am

Rezec wrote:
1) How many hours in Felaryan day? more or less than 24? How long twilight usually last?
Unknown.
Rezec wrote:
2) Does Felarya have any kind of stabile geomagnetic field?
No.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 6:04 pm

Question: do wild fires happen in Felarya? if so then how bad can they get? like out west in califorina bad or could wildfires get as bad as the Bugaboo scrub fire back in '07 or worse?
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 6:10 pm

yes it happens...

since its a huge huge huge forest...with a lot of trees...which are quite good fire conductors if you want a barbecue...it can get real nasty...but felarya inhabitants will probably do their best to save their home (or just run away)
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 6:17 pm

while kreisexy, Thank you for the comment but my sarcasm meter just redlined when i was reading your comment after you said yes so for a further detailed answer i kindly ask you to refrien to making another sarcastic reply. May some one else step up and make a much clearer answer.
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 6:37 pm

luke112 wrote:
while kreisexy, Thank you for the comment but my sarcasm meter just redlined when i was reading your comment after you said yes so for a further detailed answer i kindly ask you to refrien to making another sarcastic reply. May some one else step up and make a much clearer answer.

Luke, I've got no idea why you would say that, but have some decorum. She didn't do anything to deserve being treated that way.

But I don't think she's right. Forest fires depend on a lot of factors, including wind speed, humidity, and season- if there's a harsh enough sun, it'll leave everything under it precooked and ready for burning.

Felarya has no lack of water anywhere we know, and with trees that big I don't think wind speed will factor in spreading the fire, at least anywhere else than the tops of the canopies. Any fire will spread relatively slowly: most of the wood is as green and alive as it can get. I'm sure you know green wood doesn't burn easily.

There might be other factors, of course. If anyone knows of them, please say.
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 6:54 pm

sorry stabs its just that Krisexy has umm... offended me before in the past and i thought she was doing it again. may mistake Embarassed

hmm canopie fires were something I kinda expected but i was asking becuase of the likly chance that smaller trees growing that are known to shed combustable material like Pine needles and to my belief anyway that even though the trees are giant there would be some major underbrush over grown at ground level and i was wondering weather or not that the under brush and pine needles or something as combustable as pine needles could be ignited by say Lightining bolt, a camp fire, a pyromaniac, ect... could spread throughout the underbrush clearing wide areas of land land, maybe not cosuming the huge trees but most certianly scorcing the bark torwards the base of the tree.

(Sorry if im confusing you right now, I just got back from a big bonfire at a relatve house and the question just came up.)
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 6:59 pm

I'm no expert on wildfires, or even common sense, but I'm going to try and combine the two into one post. My apologies beforehand for any following fail.

Known Felarya is mostly jungle. Jungles are very wet, which isn't conducive to fire. Furthermore, with the trees as thick as they are, fire would have been a big thing if there wasn't some factor preventing it. So even if the moisture does account for the complete removal of the threat, I'd assume other factors would reduce the risk of giant forest fires. Maybe smaller-scale ones could happen, but nothing that would make a massive change in the ecosystem.
Back to top Go down
timing2
timing2

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 7:13 pm

Stabs wrote:
There might be other factors, of course. If anyone knows of them, please say.
Fires happen even in rainforests, so I don't see why Felarya would be immune to them.

Look up the Borneo fires of 1982 and 1997 (specifically in Kalimantan). That area saw one of the largest forest fires of the 20th century and it happened in a rainforest. It was caused by humans. Now think what something like a fire elemental could potentially do. Or a fire-using/fire-based creature of any type...

How bad can it get?

Typically the largest trees will survive even the most intense fires. Undergrowth, smaller trees (saplings and the like), basically anything under the canopy has less chance of surviving.

Unless barriers or multiple fire lines prevent it, wildlife with significant mobility would escape. Multiple fire sources are deadly because they can easily cut off escape routes.

Slower moving animals might be in trouble if the fire advances rapidly - it all depends on the circumstances.

How big can it get?

There are way too many variables. I wouldn't even hazard a guess. On our own planet, the largest fires in recorded history have consumed over 35000 sq mi (90000 sq km) - and again, this was in a rainforest (one with an average rainfall of 120 in / 300 cm per year!).
Back to top Go down
http://timing2.deviantart.com
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 9:02 pm

Thanks Timing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Beefnautz
Marauder of the deep jungle
Beefnautz

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 11:53 pm

If I wanted to make a decision making game that's not related to Felarya in any way, would that be under Off Topic? Or Roleplay?
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 1:03 am

Beefnautz wrote:
If I wanted to make a decision making game that's not related to Felarya in any way, would that be under Off Topic? Or Roleplay?

Depends whether your game is a role-playing one.
Back to top Go down
Beefnautz
Beefnautz

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 6:28 am

French snack wrote:
Beefnautz wrote:

Depends whether your game is a role-playing one.

I... guess you could say it's a role playing game, but I think I would link them to a chatting website instead, since it would work better there than on the forum. If that's the case do I post it on Off Topic?
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 6:37 am

If it's to be off-forum and not related to Felarya, then yes, I would say that seems more logical.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 12:43 pm

I have a question. Would it be possible for a giant mermaid and a selachi to mate?
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 1:43 pm

I rather doubt it. I'm sure they can have sex, but I very much doubt they can produce offspring.

I know selachis are a type of merfolk, so sex between a selachi and another mermaid is actually sex between two merfolk, but I would think the physiological differences between them are sufficient to prevent reproduction.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 4:47 pm

Then I'll just have to go with plan B. Thanks for your help! ^.^
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 8:17 pm

Nyaha wrote:
I have a question. Would it be possible for a giant mermaid and a selachi to mate?

Frenchsnack pretty addressed it fairly well.

Just for quick referrence. The only known cross-species breeding confirmed to exist is:
- Human x Elf
- Human x Fairy
- Harpy x Male of any species with a penis
- Fairy x Elemental (magical in nature)

Cross-species reproduction is a very rare thing, and really only happens among species who are nearly identical anatomically.
Back to top Go down
Greyman
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 8:50 pm

Yeah, I think Silver Scales ended with Remus and Xanthe having a kid. Always wondered if the human/fairy mating was canon or not.
Back to top Go down
Beefnautz
Beefnautz

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 7:53 am

Would magic involving homunculi and golems be considered necromancy? I'd like some clarification on this topic since there are technicalities around it. For example:

A person who is about to get eaten, uses a last resort spell to transfer his consciousness into the body of a golem which is probably close by. I would not see this as necromancy since it is not manipulating the deceased, in fact, this person is still alive when he uses the spell (if he died and then went into a golem's body, that may be a different story) Yes, this method would have its limitations such as distance and the fact that it would require a complex spell.

So yeah, is this still considered necromancy?
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 1:02 pm

Quick question about angels and succubi who live in their respective worlds.

Do they live in homes akin to houses or anything similar, or would they just lay around and sleep wherever? I need to know if I should start a story with the angel waking up in a bed or in a bush :P
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 1:04 pm

Wrong question Aisu.
You should be asking this:
When angels and demons are in their respective realms do they even need sleep?

Last edited by Anime-Junkie on Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 1:04 pm

Do they? o__o Would they sleep just 'cause?
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Q and A
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next