Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Q and A

Go down 
+75
Darth_Nergal
Emerald Electronic
Oldman40k2003
Venom Agato
vore4life99
DaNoob13
DarkOne
Ilceren
McKindle
2Ron2R
AzureJass
HeavenlessStar
Boris92
Malahite
hhhat09
FalconJudge
jedi-explorer
EvilGenius
parameciumkid
Paltiel
Greyman
timing2
Rezec
/Fish/
Tango
Beefnautz
Pendragon
sadisticnerd
Axel Hunter
Archmage_Bael
MrNobody13
Darkstorm Zero
Black Aquila
ZionAtriedes
Iavlas
Silent_eric
TryMeIke
French snack
Saironthis
walkingbyself
Black Hole Fragment
Primeval Hunter
Nyaha
Krisexy26
gwadahunter2222
Vaderaz
zersergathant
TheArchvile
TheLightLost
AisuKaiko
itsmeyouidiot
CauldronBorn24
Slimetoad
Feadraug
Amaroq
macdaddy
The Ultimate
Claire
sparkythechu
Pim18
Jasconius
kikijonson
Anime-Junkie
luke112
aethernavale
Shady Knight
buddha66667
Prof.Nekko
Karbo
Jætte_Troll
Solomon
Sehoolighan
Grave
rcs619
Stabs
79 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

General Q and A - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 7:00 pm

Black Hole Fragment wrote:
Stabs wrote:
Krisexy26 wrote:
CAN FELARYA CURE CANCER!?!?!?!?

Razz
YES!

Hmm, odd. I though that Felarya's healing effect did not cure cancer due to cancer being a problem with a cell(s) DNA. Wasn't there a thread that discussed about this?

What AJ said. Getting into DNA and auto-immune diseases really is just reading into the healing factor too much. You can't get sick, and your injuries heal faster. No need to over complicate that.
Back to top Go down
Solomon
Marauder of the deep jungle

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 12:57 am

Something has been on my mind lately, is it true that if given the right amount of team work, that an idea for a location could become canon? (meaning added to the wiki)
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 2:21 am

ehm...

in the end of the line, it's Karbo's decision. It may be the best idea of the world, if Karbo doesnt think it fits the world, just too bad Razz you can still use it in your stories as a non-canon thing.
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 2:44 am

Solomon wrote:
Something has been on my mind lately, is it true that if given the right amount of team work, that an idea for a location could become canon? (meaning added to the wiki)

As far as I know, no. Anyway, what do you mean with 'team work'? Just feedback from other people to further develop and improve the original idea?

Anyway, as Kri says, it's Karbo's decision in the end, some ideas didn't need to go through teamwork or improving the original idea and they're canon now. But still, making things canon shouldn't be your main worry, it's better to just look for your ideas to fit the setting, even if they aren't canon, and use them in your stories and drawings.
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 11:49 am

Krisexy26 wrote:
ehm...

in the end of the line, it's Karbo's decision. It may be the best idea of the world, if Karbo doesnt think it fits the world, just too bad Razz you can still use it in your stories as a non-canon thing.

Yeah that's the way to go. I was palnning to post a Mega-Bio that held ideas only cannon to my RPs/art. Not sure if it's right to post it here though. Oh also hey Kri! Long time no see. ^_-
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 2:45 pm

I've been thinking, the soil enhances a person's natural healing process, and it's a fair guess to say that the water does as well. What if you are on a fishing boat in the Topazial Sea, would effects that boost a person's healing affect them there too?
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
TheArchvile
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
TheArchvile

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 3:30 pm

The way I understand it, the water and soil's magic 'radiates' from it; eg. you don't actually have to be touching the soil/water to benefit from its healing magic.
However, the closer you get to the soil/water to more of an effect it has, so someone living in a tall tower in Negav would still not age, but they would heal slower than someone lying in the mud out in the forest.
Also, I believe water only gets its healing properties from coming in contact with the soil, along with the trees and various plant life, so being in contact/proximity to them instead of the soil would also have less of an effect.
Just the way I understand it, someone correct me if I'm wrong...
Back to top Go down
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 2:52 am

The Wiki wrote:

The water in Felarya is magical as well, as flowing rivers dissolve a lot of minerals from their beds, which means that their waters contain a significant amount of magical soil. Thus the water possesses a similar, though weaker, healing effect. An interesting implication is that it means humanoids drinking water in Felarya become, in a sense, magical as well. That's because of the fact that the human body is mostly made of water, so if you drink some magical water then some of the water you are made of is now magical water. Moreover, the human body incorporates minerals from the food and water consumed into bones and teeth. Because of this, people who have lived on Felarya for any length of time start getting magical elements incorporated into their bones and teeth; the longer they live, the more magical they become. Some of the longest living humanoid beings in Felarya have bones that are totally made of magical elements. The consequences of this are unknown, but it's safe to assume it makes such creatures more magically potent. A common theory is that the Sagolians became a society of magic users because they lived for a long time on the banks of the Shard river and Jadong lake, which are both heavily magical.

Short answer, yes. Water works better when in contact with you though, from the inside out, whereas the soil appears to work without you needing to ingest it for full effect.
Back to top Go down
Solomon

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 11:40 pm

I've been wondering for sometime now, does the inside of stomachs of Felaryans *or people/animals/plants living in Felarya in general* smell very awful, I'd imagine it would only because I know for a fact they do in real life, but due to Felaryas nature and what not I was wondering if for a fact stomachs gave off any kind of odor. Because I'd think along with the feeling of melting/sufficating in someplace wet and dark there'd be a terrible smell, which is the last thing you smell before you die.
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 2:04 am

Solomon wrote:
I've been wondering for sometime now, does the inside of stomachs of Felaryans *or people/animals/plants living in Felarya in general* smell very awful, I'd imagine it would only because I know for a fact they do in real life, but due to Felaryas nature and what not I was wondering if for a fact stomachs gave off any kind of odor. Because I'd think along with the feeling of melting/sufficating in someplace wet and dark there'd be a terrible smell, which is the last thing you smell before you die.

As compensation for horrible death, the stomachs of Felaryans smell of spring mountain flowers.
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 2:26 am

/Fish/ wrote:
As compensation for horrible death, the stomachs of Felaryans smell of spring mountain flowers.

But those spring mountain flowers are trying to eat you.

Most likely, yes, it'd smell like stomach. Fresh stomach smells like chlorhydric acid in low concentrations and a lot of organic components, then it gets worse. I'm not sure you'd suffocate before your nose's saturated with the scent, either! Peristaltic movements means any slurry is being rubbed up and down the unfortunate prey's body, too. But depending on the predator's diet, there might be something for the smell in their belly. Like spring mountain flowers.

I don't think any predator has a stomach that smells good, except scent lure carnivore plants, or maybe dryads. Their stomach could smell of pine, cedar or eucalyptus for all we know. Magic-based creatures such as genies or magic elementals might have tummies that defy all logic too, but that's flour of another grain.
Back to top Go down
Solomon

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 8:19 am

Thanks for letting me know, just needed some information, because I plan on having a character with acute sense of smell, ending up in a stomach and then escaping *details for those who read my story when it comes out* but while in the stomach I pictured he'd describe the terrible/horrible/nasty smell of a fish stomach. Just saying...
Back to top Go down
Amaroq
Great warrior
Great warrior
Amaroq

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 11:28 am

I would like to know if it is possible to use the dimensional gate of ur sagol in order to travel to the following place:

Dimensional Gate south of negav
and / or
Dimensional Gate in Hell (The one with menyssan and other succubi)

Also:
Is the dimensional gate of ur sagol being overwatched by anyone exept for that tower that keeps off giant preds or is it more or less forsaken unless someone wants to use it?
Back to top Go down
http://xxamaroqxx.deviantart.com
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 11:58 am

The first one, yes, without a doubt. The second one, possibly. Though why you would want to go to Menyssan is beyond me. As far as I know, the gate is completely forsaken, save for that one tower, mostly because no one knows how exactly it works, being so powerful and all.
Back to top Go down
Amaroq
Great warrior
Great warrior
Amaroq

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 12:13 pm

Thankies ^.^

another question: How reliable are these gates? Do they function as intended or is it possible that you come out somewhere where you didnt want to go?
Back to top Go down
http://xxamaroqxx.deviantart.com
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 12:40 pm

That one, I have no idea. I assume that Negav's Gate is constantly monitored and is more error prone than Ur-Sagol's, since it's less powerful. That's really up to Karbo to answer that one.
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 5:29 pm

I have a question, Do retired Police and/or Isolon fists recivie pensions like Cops and Military veterans after they retire ( That is of course if they are allowed to retire.)
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 5:51 pm

mmhmhmhmmmhhh...

Here is how I see it:

No.

Why I see it like that?

They're immortals, trapped in young bodies for the rest of their lives. There is no such things as "retirement" in Negav (unless you arrive as an old papy).

I have something I have to say that is on my mind (don't take it personally, I'm just saying out loud a fact): when is it that you will say something that isn't military-based?
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 6:12 pm

He already has, Kristine.

And he will again when he damn well wants to.
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 10:18 pm

Krisexy26 wrote:
mmhmhmhmmmhhh...

Here is how I see it:

No.

Why I see it like that?

They're immortals, trapped in young bodies for the rest of their lives. There is no such things as "retirement" in Negav (unless you arrive as an old papy).

I have something I have to say that is on my mind (don't take it personally, I'm just saying out loud a fact): when is it that you will say something that isn't military-based?

But then explain work related mental stress. I mean given their work enviroment Wouldnt the number of work related stressors cause the formation of mental Issues mainly PTSD and the like. Im fairly sure that The Healing factor cannot affect the formation of most mental disorders that are either natural or stress related. I mean take in part that any police officer that is forced to kill someone will more likly then not face depression, PTSD or worse. Now take in fact of how many US Soldiers are comming home from Iraq/ Afganistan with Varrious forms of Depression, PTSD and Survivors guilt. Now given The work Enviroment of the Isolon Fist Its safe to say that some of things those guys may see/Do/witness during their Service may leave them Mentaly unfit for duty. Maybe in some cases The Isolon fist in question may become a serious Danger to himself and/or everyone else around him. Try imagining a battle mage having a mental breakdown (and/or sucidal thoughts/tendancies) and decided one day he wanted to take everyone in the sqaud out with him. Now Anyone with common sense and half a brian wouldnt want that to happen now Right? So Naturaly the correct action would to give to Guy consuling/therapy and if that didnt remove the problem then the Isolon fist would have to be retired for safty concerns and qiute possably instutionalised. I mean some of will problably will say that "oh magic can fix that" My responce would be along the lines of "no it will not, The mind is something that is beyond the understanding of magic and science and therefore we can only geuss how it truly works."

Yes I actualy say things that isnt Miltary based sometimes But given how nearly 60% of my family on boths sides have either been Cops, or in The military or even both it is indeed very hard not to say something that isnt Military based.

Thank you stabs for steping in and defending me, I truly appreciate it. Smile
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 10:37 pm

Of course Isolon Fist members would be allowed to retire (although, age wouldn't be an issue) when they fulfilled their commitment, or become unfit. It's an elite military unit, sure, but it isn't the mafia. However, I think if a battlemage retires, they would be subject to more rules and possibly even regular observation. Just to be sure they don't get out of line.

I imagine there are people who's main job is to monitor the mental health of members of the Isolon Fist, I mean...that's pretty much what psychics are best at. I do think mental issues are not going to be quite as common as they are with police, or regular US soldiers in Iraq. People trying out for the Fist are often veterans of some sort, be it mercenary, local police/militias in Negav, or even people who have been in offworld armies.The Isolon Fist is also made to do several key things. People volunteering know that they will kill people (mostly bandits) and possibly fight giant monsters of various types. That's why mental training is just as important as physical conditioning.
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 10:54 pm

The weirdest thought popped up into my head the other day when I was at the dentist: does Felaryan soil prevent tooth decay?

Not an entirely serious question, but I thought it would be worth asking.
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 10:56 pm

Maybe, It could be possable ( barring drinking sodas and other acidic foods/beverages which would de mineralize you teeth)
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 11:02 pm

itsmeyouidiot wrote:
The weirdest thought popped up into my head the other day when I was at the dentist: does Felaryan soil prevent tooth decay?

Not an entirely serious question, but I thought it would be worth asking.

Remember, it's main effect is enhancing the body's immune system. I'm not sure if most dental illnesses even really trigger it. I mean, a cavity is just bacteria eroding a hole in your tooth. I imagine the enhanced healing speed would help against gum disease and such, making it harder to get and heal up faster.

Bacteria do exist, so in theory you probably could get dental illnesses, but your body would be more resistant to it and heal the damage quicker afterwards. Now, I don't believe tooth enamel regenerates naturally, so if you get a cavity, the damage might be permanent like in RL. That isn't taking magic into the equation though. I imagine dedicated healing magic, or bio-magic is capable of some pretty neat things.

Basically, take care of yo teeth =P I'm sure adventurers bring some stuff in their supplies, and there are various natural remedies and such laying about.
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 3:38 am

Wild animals don't usually eat enough sugar to induce cavities, though, so unless they happen to have huge sweet tooths I don't see many predators having them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 26 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Q and A
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next