Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Q and A

Go down 
+75
Darth_Nergal
Emerald Electronic
Oldman40k2003
Venom Agato
vore4life99
DaNoob13
DarkOne
Ilceren
McKindle
2Ron2R
AzureJass
HeavenlessStar
Boris92
Malahite
hhhat09
FalconJudge
jedi-explorer
EvilGenius
parameciumkid
Paltiel
Greyman
timing2
Rezec
/Fish/
Tango
Beefnautz
Pendragon
sadisticnerd
Axel Hunter
Archmage_Bael
MrNobody13
Darkstorm Zero
Black Aquila
ZionAtriedes
Iavlas
Silent_eric
TryMeIke
French snack
Saironthis
walkingbyself
Black Hole Fragment
Primeval Hunter
Nyaha
Krisexy26
gwadahunter2222
Vaderaz
zersergathant
TheArchvile
TheLightLost
AisuKaiko
itsmeyouidiot
CauldronBorn24
Slimetoad
Feadraug
Amaroq
macdaddy
The Ultimate
Claire
sparkythechu
Pim18
Jasconius
kikijonson
Anime-Junkie
luke112
aethernavale
Shady Knight
buddha66667
Prof.Nekko
Karbo
Jætte_Troll
Solomon
Sehoolighan
Grave
rcs619
Stabs
79 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

General Q and A - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 10:37 pm

Of course Isolon Fist members would be allowed to retire (although, age wouldn't be an issue) when they fulfilled their commitment, or become unfit. It's an elite military unit, sure, but it isn't the mafia. However, I think if a battlemage retires, they would be subject to more rules and possibly even regular observation. Just to be sure they don't get out of line.

I imagine there are people who's main job is to monitor the mental health of members of the Isolon Fist, I mean...that's pretty much what psychics are best at. I do think mental issues are not going to be quite as common as they are with police, or regular US soldiers in Iraq. People trying out for the Fist are often veterans of some sort, be it mercenary, local police/militias in Negav, or even people who have been in offworld armies.The Isolon Fist is also made to do several key things. People volunteering know that they will kill people (mostly bandits) and possibly fight giant monsters of various types. That's why mental training is just as important as physical conditioning.
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
Marauder of the deep jungle
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 10:54 pm

The weirdest thought popped up into my head the other day when I was at the dentist: does Felaryan soil prevent tooth decay?

Not an entirely serious question, but I thought it would be worth asking.
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 10:56 pm

Maybe, It could be possable ( barring drinking sodas and other acidic foods/beverages which would de mineralize you teeth)
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 11:02 pm

itsmeyouidiot wrote:
The weirdest thought popped up into my head the other day when I was at the dentist: does Felaryan soil prevent tooth decay?

Not an entirely serious question, but I thought it would be worth asking.

Remember, it's main effect is enhancing the body's immune system. I'm not sure if most dental illnesses even really trigger it. I mean, a cavity is just bacteria eroding a hole in your tooth. I imagine the enhanced healing speed would help against gum disease and such, making it harder to get and heal up faster.

Bacteria do exist, so in theory you probably could get dental illnesses, but your body would be more resistant to it and heal the damage quicker afterwards. Now, I don't believe tooth enamel regenerates naturally, so if you get a cavity, the damage might be permanent like in RL. That isn't taking magic into the equation though. I imagine dedicated healing magic, or bio-magic is capable of some pretty neat things.

Basically, take care of yo teeth =P I'm sure adventurers bring some stuff in their supplies, and there are various natural remedies and such laying about.
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 3:38 am

Wild animals don't usually eat enough sugar to induce cavities, though, so unless they happen to have huge sweet tooths I don't see many predators having them
Back to top Go down
walkingbyself
Great warrior
Great warrior
walkingbyself

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 1:22 pm

Forum question! When RPing on Forum in the appropriate area is it a questionable act for sexy things to take place or is that something to be done off the forum in other places. Not full out rated R things but close to pushing the envelope between PG-13 and R or PEGI 18? Like as depicted in picture with Malika and Vivian or used to be depicted before Malikas page was updated. Stuff like that but with no intercourse just foreplay.

If I offended anyone sorry.
Back to top Go down
http://walkingbyself.deviantart.com/
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 3:58 pm

walkingbyself wrote:
Forum question! When RPing on Forum in the appropriate area is it a questionable act for sexy things to take place or is that something to be done off the forum in other places. Not full out rated R things but close to pushing the envelope between PG-13 and R or PEGI 18? Like as depicted in picture with Malika and Vivian or used to be depicted before Malikas page was updated. Stuff like that but with no intercourse just foreplay.

If I offended anyone sorry.

Forumotion is strict about sexy stuff. Do it in PMs.
Back to top Go down
walkingbyself
Great warrior
Great warrior
walkingbyself

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 5:35 pm

Roger thank you.
Back to top Go down
http://walkingbyself.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 1:16 pm

That's a good question.

There's no roleplay rules in the roleplay forum, so even if someone did do that, I don't think it'd be against the rules - because they haven't exactly been written. I suggest fixing that problem XD
Back to top Go down
Solomon

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 10:12 pm

Hmm....I been wondering, has anyone ever really bothered to work on adding to the sea depths of Felarya, or has it been completely ignored?
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:38 am

On Earth, we know less about the bottom of the ocean than we do the surface of the moon.

Given how dangerous Felaryan waters probably are, it's quite likely that even less is known about Felarya's underwater environments.
Back to top Go down
Solomon

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 1:39 pm

I've been wondering, does anyone know if there are people who can translate what Fungoids try to say, whenever they admit their spores of the lights on their bodies, because seeing how its stated they don't talk like other races.

I'd think when it comes to interracting with other races, in areas like Fungoid villages there would be at least one person, from another race who can translate for the Fungoids.
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 6:59 pm

Do the Correctors speak without quotation marks in stories?

(I really hope someone gets this...)
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 9:56 am

Itsme, no stories as far as I know have featured the Correctors. More importantly, none of us is Terry Pratchett.

UNLESS HE BEGINS REINCARNATING BEFORE DYING. IT'S A COMPLICATED MATTER.
Back to top Go down
Black Hole Fragment
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Black Hole Fragment

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 12:33 pm

Does Negav have, in some form or shape, a fire department of some sort? IF so, then what is it like? What kind of equpment do the use? IF not, then what does the city have to miminzie fire damage should a building catch on fire. Please do not say it's impossable, for I will frown upon that kind of reponse and think poorly of you.
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 1:10 pm

Stabs wrote:
UNLESS HE BEGINS REINCARNATING BEFORE DYING. IT'S A COMPLICATED MATTER.

... Death?
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 11:07 pm

Does the translational effect of Felarya work on recordings?

I'm assuming it doesn't, but I'd still like to know for sure.
Back to top Go down
TheArchvile
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
TheArchvile

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 4:30 am

Actually, it does work.
It translates any audible language, as long as you can hear it properly, regardless of the source.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 7:58 am

TheArchvile wrote:
Actually, it does work.
It translates any audible language, as long as you can hear it properly, regardless of the source.

Wait, wait. So it can translate ANY language? What about Cypers or codes?
Back to top Go down
TheArchvile
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
TheArchvile

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 9:40 am

No, if you and I would agree to say "squirrel" in German as a code to convey that we're in danger, everyone around us would still hear "squirrel"

A ridiculous example I know... Squirrel is way too hard to say in German >.<

Last edited by TheArchvile on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 7:31 pm

TheArchvile wrote:
No, if you and I would agree to say "squirrel" in German to as a code to convey that we're in grave danger, everyone around us would still hear "squirrel"

A ridiculous example I know... Squirrel is way too hard to say in German >.<

Curses foiled again! ^^;
Back to top Go down
EvilGenius

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 4:41 pm

How large is the average giant naga newborn?
Back to top Go down
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 7:22 am

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they're about the size of a full-grown man. Possibly significantly bigger.
Back to top Go down
http://falconjudge2.deviantart.com/
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 10:17 am

EvilGenius wrote:
How large is the average giant naga newborn?

The general rule of thumb is that an egg-born pred starts off slightly smaller than an adult human. They are born pretty much fully developed (hair, teeth, able to move around and eat solid food), so they can potentially survive on their own, should they have no parent around to raise them when they hatch.

Live-birth predators start off significantly larger, roughly the same size as a human baby is compared to its mother (not accounting for scale of course). They are also generally less developed at birth. Like a human baby, they can't really move around on their own and require parental care to have any chance.

I believe centaurs might be an exception to that, since newborn foals can walk fairly rapidly, and are more developed at birth than some other baby mammals. Could be that their pregnancy is just a good bit longer.

I think this is the general consensus, but I do not believe there are any canon rules laid out in the wiki on it yet.
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 4:23 pm

TheArchvile wrote:
Actually, it does work.

This could make watching anime pretty interesting. Often the dialogue seems a bit stilted and awkward in English.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 27 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Q and A
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next