Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seashells

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

Seashells Empty
PostSubject: Seashells   Seashells Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 12:58 pm

I've been thinking that Felarya could use it's own types of seashells found in its waters, but I want to leave the idea open to everyone else, too. I have some base concepts, myself:

Exploding shell Rarity: Uncommon Found: All across Felarya
A tpye of shell that absorbs magic from water, then explodes when struck, as it's name suggests. They appear as black and yellow-striped shells with a dusty, unkempt texture. The size and power of the explosion depends on the size of the shell and how much magic is stored inside. Their size can range from a few inches wide to a little more than 30 feet in diameter. Due to the fact that they require no fuse, and the magic explosion works even when submerged in liquid, exploding shells are highly valued as exceptional tools for underwater excavation.

Spearhead conch Rarity: Very common Found: All across Felarya
A type of spiral-shaped shell that, when in good condition, can pierce almost and material or substans, including flesh and metal. They are usually a shade of blue or green, and when kept in prime condition, have a very lusterous texture. It got it's name from early Felaryan settlers who valued it for it's usefulness in weaponry. It comes in many sizes, and some predators even make their homes inside of them. Many mermaids use spearhead conches attatched to long branches of coral to defend themselves. They can range in size from 6 inches long to more than 100 feet from base to tip.

Tell me what you think, and post any ideas you have here, too! ^.^

Last edited by Nyaha on Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:34 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Expanded the ideas.)
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Pim18
Marauder of the deep jungle
Pim18

Seashells Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seashells   Seashells Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 1:10 pm

I was chatting with nyaha today and I was sharing some ideas with him. I personally was thinking about a race of slime(or lobster) creatures(humanoid) that live in seashells. They live in there because their skin is really weak(on their back) so they need the shell for protection. They are not very large(about 20 till 40 feet) but their shells are really valuable. They eat humans btw(of course)
I shall think of more ideas but this is all I came up with(in 5 minutes)
Back to top Go down
Pim18
Pim18

Seashells Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seashells   Seashells Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 6:57 am

I have written down my ideas and posted them to DA you can find it: here
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

Seashells Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seashells   Seashells Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 12:30 pm

Ack! Choking on M&Ms. One sec... >.<

Diving Bell Rarity: Very uncommon Found: All across Felarya

A type of large shell, commonly around 12 feet in height. It is a hollow, bell-shaped shell that is semi-opaque from inside, allowing sight outside from within. They are usually white in colour, and from the outside have an eggshell-like texture, but from inside is more like a thin glass. It is quite uncommon compared to other shells. It is very sturdy, and wieghs much more out of water than in it. It is coveted by those in certain businesses for its usefulness in diving, hence it's name. When on the seafloor, it makes a very good hiding place as well, as predators in the water cannot see inside of it.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

Seashells Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seashells   Seashells Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 11:41 am

I thought of another one. Very Happy Am I the only one interested in this sort of thing? :/

Blastoid shell Rarity: Extremely rare Found: Only in deep crevasses underwater
Blastoid shells are similar in makeup to exploding shells, being that they are composed of numerous exploding shells pressed together by immense pressure deep underwater. They appear as all around shapeless masses, but always with a black and red-spot colouration. Blastoid shells are all around bigger, more volatile, and cause a much larger explosion than their smaller counterparts, and range from around 70 feet-up in diameter. As it requires many years of extremem pressure on numerous exploding shells to create one, they are an extremely rare find, and most people who know of them avoid them at all costs due to the super-high damage risks.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Seashells Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seashells   Seashells Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 2:35 pm

Quote :
Blastoid...

Please avoid using pokemon related names.

Typically I try and stay away from any name that relates to a pre-existing franchise. I know it makes naming difficult, but that's what's what.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

Seashells Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seashells   Seashells Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 1:02 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
Quote :
Blastoid...

Please avoid using pokemon related names.

Typically I try and stay away from any name that relates to a pre-existing franchise. I know it makes naming difficult, but that's what's what.
First, the Pokemon name is Blastoise. Second, please refrain from assuming that I'm taking my names after other things. Thank you. *bows politely*
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

Seashells Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seashells   Seashells Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 1:57 pm

Naming aside, these seem to be pretty much identical to the Dials from One Piece.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

Seashells Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seashells   Seashells Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 2:54 pm

Really? O.o I heard about those. :/ I was hoping to make them a little more unique. But that's not to say they can't BE similar, right? Felarya's gotta' have stuff like this all over the place, right? D:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Seashells Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seashells   Seashells Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seashells
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: Idea forums :: Ideas discussion-
Jump to: