Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Naga Sarah (need help)

Go down 
+8
Feadraug
ZionAtriedes
Jætte_Troll
rcs619
buddha66667
Anime-Junkie
Shady Knight
Amaroq
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Amaroq
Great warrior
Great warrior
Amaroq

My Naga Sarah (need help) Empty
PostSubject: My Naga Sarah (need help)   My Naga Sarah (need help) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 6:54 am

Hiyyah! I'm currently working on my second OC, the one I primarily designt for RP and the like... I kinda finished her for the most parts, but now I have more or less 3 essential problems.

1. I lack fantasy so I don't have a good, innovative background story... so this part is completely missing and I don't just want to write some standard story no one cares about... There are already enough Nagas out there, so how could I make her stand out? What should I do?

2. Since I use her in RP, she sometimes is 72 feet high, sometimes only 7,2 feet. Considering I don't want to give her a magic shrinking-ability, how would someone be able to reason this change in size? Or should I just stick to the 7,2 Feet, making her a small naga... I thought about her starting as a big naga and then one day a fairy shrunk her permanently... So I'd just say if she's 72 feet tall this was before she got shrunk down.

3. How about her powers? I tried to make her snakey-like as possible (ability wise) and I didn't want to give her this whole elemental magic stuff since that is overused. BUT it seems like (as long as she is in her small form) everyone could beat her up since she is more or less unarmed and could easily be shot or killed with a simple sword... What kind of natural abilities could she be given?

My Naga Sarah (need help) Midnight_battle_by_xxamaroqxx-d3jkacz
This is my Naga Sarah fighting against a kensha beast (she's 72 feet high in this picture)
(If you like the picture, I'd be happy if you visit my DA: http://xxamaroqxx.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d3jkacz ^.^ )

Name: Sarah
Species/ Race: Naga (Originally Giant Naga)
Sex: Female
Height (ground to head): 7' 2" (Original: 72 feet)
Hair/ Eye color: dark brown hair and green eye's
Scale coloration: black/darkred with orange striping
Likes: Food, Adventures, playing and fooling around, toy, hugging someone really tight, being tickled, inventing some really evil plot Evil laugh
Dislikes: Succubi, Dridder, mean people, hunger, loneliness
Favourite Food: humans (they taste best!) but also smaller animals and tinies, heck, she even feeds on vedgetables!
Location: She usually lives near the rosic Neko-village around the Myoku hills and Torpaline-coast, but Sarah likes to travel around so you may find her kinda everywhere in the eastern felaryan regions.

History:

Personality:
Sarah is kind of an uplifting person but this can also be a pain in the ass sometimes, especcially when she wants to play and starts to annoy completely unknown people. This tends to go to that very point, where you (as a human) won't know anymore if Sarah wants to eat you or play with you - or both!
You wouldn't call her childish, since she is quite intelligent and may act very seriously when being inside a fight, but when she's in the mood, she may fool around like crazy, causing some sort of riot that awakenes even the sleepiest predators - a habit that brought her into grave-danger more than one time. She's loud and talkative, even in battle she tends to talk to her enemies to the point where she (seriously !) complains about being hurt by them or tells them about how she's going to eat them when she won.
Another point to mention is her crazy luck. Sometimes miss fortune just shows sarah the middle-finger and sometimes she'd win the lottery 6 times in a row and not even blink. Her luck may also suddenly change, like barely escaping an enemies grasp just to jump into a cactus when this is the only cactus in the area. However, the bad-luck is stronger, most of the time so she gets into embarassing situations on a nearly regular basis. At least her blush is sort of cute, so people can't be mad at her for long. Well, at least as long as she didn't eat one of their companions, which is pretty likely, because humans (and mostly everything else with a size of 10 feet or less) stand pretty much on top of her menu, she doesn't differ that much.
Species with human-like intelligence would be considered intelligent food which leads to her strange belief, that you may use human either as snack or as toy and have fun with them. Other then predators like crisis she doesn't differ between people and food - literally everything is considered eatable, even other nagas won't be safe. It is said she once even tried to eat herself when an alchemist cloned her. No matter if that's really true or not, her habit of eating other nagas gave her somewhat of a bad reputation in the past and sarah has been lonely for a very looong time since no one really wanted to befriend a giant voracious predator like her.
She now tries to overcome that unwanted fame by developing a strong sense for promises and the meaning of friendship. This means, that once she decided that she likes you, she won't try to eat you anymore - as long as she's not starving. Sarah is kind of serious about it, so when she says that you are safe, she will keep her promise and if you manage to become her friend, she would even try to protect you as good as she can. But it also means that she will follow you, no matter if you like it or not. She can be quite clingy and disappointing her pretty much leads to the annihilation of her promise not to eat you.

Abilities:
Poisonous fangs:
Sarah has 2 fangs in the front of her mouth that are extendable. They are hollow inside and lead to two toxinsacks whick lie right above the roof of her mouth. Sarahs Poison is really strong and may stun human sized beings after only one bite. However, Sahra may decide to inject a larger dosis. If a specific amount of poison gets into the bitten body, it may affect the heart and thus kill the victim, if no antidote is given. If the Enemy is larger, then most likely only the bitten limb will become affected, leaving it useless for a while. The poison works usually after a few seconds, depending on the actual bodypart that is affected. Her Poison is quite standard in felarya, so most antidotes that specialize in snake-poison will help against it.

Stretchable Maw:
Sarah is able to unhinge her maw in order to eat bigger prey, just like a snake.

Strenght:
Sarha has no talent in magical abilities at all, so she had to rely on her physical abilities more than most predators in Felarya. It is not suprising that Sarah has become quite a strong snake-lady and got especcially talented with her tail. She may use it like other races would use a club and cause some serious damage with it, making her a serious threat in close quarters combat, even to larger predators. It is said, that even a Kensha beast would struggle to get out of her "snakey-hug", one of her signature moves.

Agility: This strength of her tail also allows her to do jumps by pushing her body into the sky very fast, which is quite unusual for Nagas and common snakes or do flat jumps, thus moving forward really fast. These sprints are quite short, since it costs a lot of stamina, but it may help if she had to run away really fast.

thermal-vision
As most real snakes, Sarah has some sort of heatvision, which overlays her natural sight. As a consequence, she may see the world like humans do, but all sources of heat will be highlighted - even when they are behind a thin object. So she would be able to see a human hiding in a bush, but not a lizard hiding inside a river (thermwise). Sarah may control the sensibility of that thermal-vision, so she may i.e. completely deactivate it, or switch to complete thermal view (which resemble our recent blue-red-white thermal goggles)

Magic Abstinence:
Sarah can't use Magic since she has almost no magic in her body after all. Although this lack of magical abilities has some serious disadvantages, Sarah gained somewhat a natural resistance against magic, since some magical abilities won't affect her. Of course this resistance only works against Abilities, that somewhat affect the magical abilities of their target (like setting their mana recources on fire or being spotted by the predator sense). This makes her invisible to People or Preds, who try to find her by using the predator sense or otherwise spect magical sources.

Last edited by Amaroq on Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:26 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://xxamaroqxx.deviantart.com
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: My Naga Sarah (need help)   My Naga Sarah (need help) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 7:00 am

A fairy shrinking her doesn't work. A fairy has difficulty changing the size of something 12 ft and up, let alone something 72 tall. You can explain the change in size very simply: it was just a role play, nothing set in stone in the little canon of your character.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Amaroq
Great warrior
Great warrior
Amaroq

PostSubject: Re: My Naga Sarah (need help)   My Naga Sarah (need help) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 7:01 am

I don't have any canon for her, that is one of my three problems...
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: My Naga Sarah (need help)   My Naga Sarah (need help) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 7:04 am

You're thinking too deeply into this. If you want her to be small, have her be small. You pretty much confirmed what I meant. If you weren't sure about her size, that's cause you were experimenting to see what would work with her and what would not.
Back to top Go down
Amaroq
Great warrior
Great warrior
Amaroq

PostSubject: Re: My Naga Sarah (need help)   My Naga Sarah (need help) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 9:48 am

but I want her sometimes to be small and sometimes to be big O.o

A friend suggested she might have eaten an artifact that changes her size from time to time. Is there any felaryan artifact that would have this ability or is it something I may invent? And please don't come up with "you can't do this because..."...

But I still need help in the 3 points I postet at the top of this thread.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: My Naga Sarah (need help)   My Naga Sarah (need help) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 9:51 am

For the backstory, the best tip I can give is this: have the backstory shape her personality. Take some points of her personality and try to think of something that may have happened in her backstory which forged that personality trait.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: My Naga Sarah (need help)   My Naga Sarah (need help) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 5:34 pm

Sean is correct here, on both the counts of personality and fairy shrinking.

I was in the same situation with my character at one point, I wanted him to be doing two different things. I found the best solution was to just make another characters and give them those particular traits. It prevents one character from becoming too overpowered or having conflicting personality traits.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Amaroq
Great warrior
Great warrior
Amaroq

PostSubject: Re: My Naga Sarah (need help)   My Naga Sarah (need help) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 5:11 am

I'm sorry, but all this doesn't help me one bit. -.-

I don't want to split a character into two, I want THIS particular character. And I have to say I'm fed up with people saying "oh, you can't do this, you can't do that, and OMG what are you doing this is sooooo not possible!" all the time I'm in this forum! Be it Julianas Location, Heaven in general, Sarah or literally anything else I suggested, it feels like everything is considered impossible.

For real, if there is no fairy that has enough balls to shrink a giant, I could simply invent one. But as soon as I would open a thread everyone will be all like "you can't do that, because the wiki says so or, if that's not the case, because I say so" and it will be completely the same as with my ideas regarding heaven - nothing will change, exept for the thing that one of the "important guys" decides to do something on their own which will be most likely implemented in the wiki and thus become part of that canon everyone has to respect.
I'm critizising EXACTLY this for a few weeks now!
So is there someone to say "well there is no fairy who can do that but you may invent one"? Noo it's all like "This is not possible, full stop." No alternative is given exept for that "Make a second character instead.". And even the question if it would be more likely if she could have used some sort of artifact has been simply ignored, so I'm sure this crap will surely be forbidden as well.

Also this so called advise to shape her personality after her background story... I don't have a frikkin story, that is my problem I'm talking about since my first post, also I already have a personality for her, it feels like you didn't even read my character or my questions. -.-

And my character having the chance of being overpowered? I want her to have more (!) and FITTING abilities since she is way underpowered the way she is now. Sarah can't even stand against a dridder and has been kinda humiliated by a neko since she can't do anything against those creatures. I'm not making this up, this is the result of several RPs I already had with her. And this is simply not fun at all, getting beaten up everytime.
Back to top Go down
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

PostSubject: Re: My Naga Sarah (need help)   My Naga Sarah (need help) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 5:33 am

Amaroq wrote:

2. Since I use her in RP, she sometimes is 72 feet high, sometimes only 7,2 feet. Considering I don't want to give her a magic shrinking-ability, how would someone be able to reason this change in size? Or should I just stick to the 7,2 Feet, making her a small naga... I thought about her starting as a big naga and then one day a fairy shrunk her permanently...
Since a fairy can't do it have a location do it. The Miragia Forest is full of dimensional instabilities and if traveling through one can make you giant, I don't see why the reverse couldn't be true as well.

Amaroq wrote:

3. How about her powers? I tried to make her snakey-like as possible (ability wise) and I didn't want to give her this whole elemental magic stuff since that is overused. BUT it seems like (as long as she is in her small form) everyone could beat her up since she is more or less unarmed and could easily be shot or killed with a simple sword... What kind of natural abilities could she be given?
I honestly don't see any need for her to have any more powers. Guns can kill anything, and swords if you aren't armored will kill you just as well. The best way for your character to survive is by being aware of her surroundings and stealth. Your character if they plan on attacking something has to make the first move and be unnoticed until it is too late.
Back to top Go down
Amaroq
Great warrior
Great warrior
Amaroq

PostSubject: Re: My Naga Sarah (need help)   My Naga Sarah (need help) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 5:36 am

buddha66667 wrote:
Amaroq wrote:

2. Since I use her in RP, she sometimes is 72 feet high, sometimes only 7,2 feet. Considering I don't want to give her a magic shrinking-ability, how would someone be able to reason this change in size? Or should I just stick to the 7,2 Feet, making her a small naga... I thought about her starting as a big naga and then one day a fairy shrunk her permanently...
Since a fairy can't do it have a location do it. The Miragia Forest is full of dimensional instabilities and if traveling through one can make you giant, I don't see why the reverse couldn't be true as well.

Amaroq wrote:

I honestly don't see any need for her to have any more powers. Guns can kill anything, and swords if you aren't armored will kill you just as well. The best way for your character to survive is by being aware of her surroundings and stealth. Your character if they plan on attacking something has to make the first move and be unnoticed until it is too late.
Well thank you, that's the kind of advice I wanted and like to read.

But how are you supposed to be stealthy when you have a really long, red tail beneath your hips?
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: My Naga Sarah (need help)   My Naga Sarah (need help) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 5:36 am

Oh cry us a river. Way to go for completely taking my advice the wrong way. I said, take the personality traits that you have already written, because unless my eyes deceive me, you have already came up with a personality for her. Make a backstory using her personality as a basis. If you're going to complain about "oh, canon obstructs me! Everything is impossible!" without even trying to adjust a character to fit in, or make a couple of sacrifices, you may as well stop making characters altogether, because this kind of stubbornness is just not going to work.
Back to top Go down
Amaroq
Great warrior
Great warrior
Amaroq

PostSubject: Re: My Naga Sarah (need help)   My Naga Sarah (need help) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 5:38 am

Sean Okotami wrote:
Oh cry us a river. Way to go for completely taking my advice the wrong way. I said, take the personality traits that you have already written, because unless my eyes deceive me, you have already came up with a personality for her. Make a backstory using her personality as a basis. If you're going to complain about "oh, canon obstructs me! Everything is impossible!" without even trying to adjust a character to fit in, or make a couple of sacrifices, you may as well stop making characters altogether, because this kind of stubbornness is just not going to work.
Ok, I misunderstood you then because i read it like "make a background story, then think of her personality". I'm sorry for that. But still I don't have any ideas for interesting events...
Back to top Go down
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

PostSubject: Re: My Naga Sarah (need help)   My Naga Sarah (need help) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 5:55 am

Well if you use my my idea for the Miragia forest that is one event. Also given that your character has lost a great deal of her size I think that you could add to her personality describing any changes in her personality (i.e. is she more timid, being small enough to be considered prey by many things has she developed any empathy for humanoids, ect).
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: My Naga Sarah (need help)   My Naga Sarah (need help) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 11:20 am

Quote :
I don't want to split a character into two, I want THIS particular character. And I have to say I'm fed up with people saying "oh, you can't do this, you can't do that, and OMG what are you doing this is sooooo not possible!" all the time I'm in this forum! Be it Julianas Location, Heaven in general, Sarah or literally anything else I suggested, it feels like everything is considered impossible.

No, you just want a naga that can shrink and grow at will so that you can do anything you want with her. That is the impossible part.

Characters, especially in a place like Felarya where scale is such an issue, have limits. If you make a human, you need to work within their limits. If you make a naga, you work in between those. Same with if you make a fairy. You can't have everything all the time, in one character.

Quote :
For real, if there is no fairy that has enough balls to shrink a giant, I could simply invent one

The only fairy that has the ability to shrink giants is Nemyra the fairy queen. A Guardian.

That should give you an idea of how difficult shrinking a giant is, and what kind of power it would take to do it.

Quote :
So is there someone to say "well there is no fairy who can do that but you may invent one"? Noo it's all like "This is not possible, full stop." No alternative is given exept for that "Make a second character instead.". And even the question if it would be more likely if she could have used some sort of artifact has been simply ignored, so I'm sure this crap will surely be forbidden as well.

They say that in this case because in order to make a fairy that powerful, you'd have to make one nearly on par with the Guardians. Not to mention, fairies being able to shrink giants MASSIVELY throws off the balance curve. It WOULD make them the most powerful species in Felarya, bar none. The only reason Fairies aren't completely overpowered already is because they can't shrink giants, and their wings are so vulnerable.

Quote :

This is an option. It could be a static location only she knows about. Although, the Miragia forest is out in the middle of nowhere, deep inside the forest. Getting in and out when shrunk would be excessively dangerous.

Quote :
But how are you supposed to be stealthy when you have a really long, red tail beneath your hips?

Snakes are very quiet animals. They barely make any noise when stalking prey. Nagas inherited this ability. There's a reason Crisis can sneak right up on humans like she does.

Back to top Go down
Amaroq
Great warrior
Great warrior
Amaroq

PostSubject: Re: My Naga Sarah (need help)   My Naga Sarah (need help) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 1:47 pm

I don't want her to have ANY size, i wanted her to start out big (72 feet) and be shrunken down to 7.2 feet. That's two sizes. Also, changing size isn't impossible at all, I know of at least 2 species that are able to: Fairies and angels (using their rapier).

okay, I will go for the miragia Idea then. RCS had some good points on his side.

I still don't get how these giant creatures are supposed to be stealthy, even IF they were completely silent (which is, by natural means impossible since they'd break all the branches and plants beneath them). Well it's okay for a 7,2 feet tall Naga, but how is a 72 feet tall naga supposed to SNEAK around? Especcially if it had such a obvious scale-colour like crisis or my sarah?
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: My Naga Sarah (need help)   My Naga Sarah (need help) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 2:10 pm

Dude, Crisis has green tones to her tail and she lives in a high forest. Do the math.
Back to top Go down
Amaroq
Great warrior
Great warrior
Amaroq

PostSubject: Re: My Naga Sarah (need help)   My Naga Sarah (need help) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 2:14 pm

sorry but this is just... wrong... Her tail is blue with bright circles O.o You better do the math instead.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: My Naga Sarah (need help)   My Naga Sarah (need help) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 2:17 pm

No, it's teal. Everyone get her color wrong. http://felarya.com/wiki/index.php?title=Crisis Look and see that it says teal as her scale color.
Back to top Go down
Amaroq
Great warrior
Great warrior
Amaroq

PostSubject: Re: My Naga Sarah (need help)   My Naga Sarah (need help) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 2:28 pm

I give a DAMN about your stupid wiki, if this ain't blue to you, you are truly colourblind! For real, your (not you in particular, but all of you) wiki-obsession is pissing me off! Just look at KARBOs art or do you want to say he draws his own characters wrong?

http://karbo.deviantart.com/art/Crisis-s-dark-secret-130373517?q=boost%3Apopular%20by%3Akarbo%20crisis&qo=5
http://karbo.deviantart.com/art/Chibi-Crisis-34241000?q=boost%3Apopular%20by%3Akarbo%20crisis&qo=17
http://karbo.deviantart.com/art/Naga-and-fairies-49100468?q=boost%3Apopular%20by%3Akarbo%20crisis&qo=20
http://karbo.deviantart.com/art/Snake-charmer-48212069?q=boost%3Apopular%20by%3Akarbo%20crisis&qo=27
http://karbo.deviantart.com/art/Turn-right-then-turn-left-142316367?q=boost%3Apopular%20by%3Akarbo%20crisis&qo=40
http://karbo.deviantart.com/art/Where-is-Tarzan-34583992?q=boost%3Apopular%20by%3Akarbo%20crisis&qo=51
http://karbo.deviantart.com/art/Felarya-Manga-cover-116989920?q=boost%3Apopular%20by%3Akarbo%20crisis&qo=49
http://karbo.deviantart.com/art/Felarya-Size-chart-194013822?q=boost%3Apopular%20by%3Akarbo%20crisis&qo=48

please, just leave my thread if your only goal is to annoy me or forbide things because your so beloved wiki says something that ISNT EVEN TRUE!

Last edited by Amaroq on Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: My Naga Sarah (need help)   My Naga Sarah (need help) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 2:34 pm

Calm down. I don't know what your problem with the wiki is, but you're making yourself sound like an idiot. Simply trying to refer to canon doesn't make anyone "wiki-obsessed" and your rudeness and spastic response to it is irritating.

What Sean is pointing out green tones - that her tail is teal - to quote wikipedia "Teal is a medium blue-green colour".

And regardless it's not something worth flipping out over. It's just a minor colour difference. Deal with it. As long as she's not super bright neon blue it's not really an issue. Heck, it's her human half that's more likely to give her away.

But, Crisis has been show to be very stealthy. Her ability to move quietly is how she is able to prey on even fairly well armed groups of humans and not just get shot with a rocket launcher or something. She is a very capable hunter. She hunts in the trees so she's not exactly tramping underbrush. Technically nothing is silent but you just need to be quieter than the ambient noise.

Last edited by Jætte_Troll on Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Amaroq
Great warrior
Great warrior
Amaroq

PostSubject: Re: My Naga Sarah (need help)   My Naga Sarah (need help) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 2:44 pm

Your so beloved wiki is wrong in this case, just look at the frikkin art i have posted, it's clearly blue so sean can't just come and be all like "silly, its green, not blue, look in the wiki and do the math". I own a teal CAR standing right in front of my house so don't try to tell me next I wouldn't know the difference!

And no I don't consider people sticking to canon wiki-obsessioners but people who insist on EVERY freaking thing in the wiki which may even be wrong and forbide EVERYTHING that is not standing in there just because they tend to push their own ego like duke nukem.

This whole forum has changed much to the worse, I can clearly understand now why so many people on DA dislike this place. You're intolerant and kill off new ideas and are being rude like sean was (before I got rude, that is) telling me I'd look like an idiot. I'm really frustrated here that's all.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: My Naga Sarah (need help)   My Naga Sarah (need help) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 2:47 pm

Quote :
I give a DAMN about your stupid wiki, if this ain't blue to you, you are truly colourblind! For real, your (not you in particular, but all of you) wiki-obsession is pissing me off! Just look at KARBOs art or do you want to say he draws his own characters wrong?

First of all, calm down.

Second of all, technically, Karbo has been coloring her wrong for a while now. The wiki article, which he wrote, DOES say teal. But he's clearly been using a color closer to cyan.

Its a common mistake, really. Cyan and Teal are fairly close. Both are a blue/green combination, but teal is closer to green and cyan is closer to blue.

Note that in the very early art of Crisis, she DID have a greenish tail. It only got changed into the blue-ish shade it is today after he finalized the character design. Technically Sean is correct about the color, but its hardly a big issue. These kinds of things happen as character designs and color-schemes change. Also, english is not Karbo's native language, perhaps he just got teal and cyan mixed up in his head, since BOTH are blue/green combinations?

Both of you calm the hell down. It isn't worth getting all upset over, lol.

Quote :
Crisis has been show to be very stealthy. Her ability to move quietly is how she is able to prey on even fairly well armed groups of humans and not just get shot with a rocket launcher or something. She is a very capable hunter. She hunts in the trees so she's not exactly tramping underbrush. Technically nothing is silent but you just need to be quieter than the ambient noise

Yeah, a snake's natural quietness is going to make a Naga tough to hear over the ambient forest noises. Also, its a giant naga, they can move faster than 100mph in short bursts. She doesn't even need to sneak "right up" to the adventurers. All she's got to do is get somewhat close, and then dart in to grab or trap them.

Quote :
This whole forum has changed much to the worse, I can clearly understand now why so many people on DA dislike this place. You're intolerant and kill off new ideas and are being rude like sean was (before I got rude, that is) telling me I'd look like an idiot. I'm really frustrated here that's all.

You're the one being openly hostile to anyone who tries to correct you. YOU are the one that posted your ideas up on a public forum that is dedicated to helping improve them, and help them to mesh with the setting. If you want feedback, don't act like a child when someone tells you that you are wrong. If you don't want feedback, then don't post up your ideas in the first place. Other than Sean's recent outburst pretty much everyone has been fairly nice, and fairly patient with you.

Felarya has grown in the time you have been gone. It has gotten more complex, and more refined. It has also gotten its rules and boundries fleshed out more so that there is some consistancy. You're the one that was gone for years, you should have expected some things to have changed.

You act like you're the only person who's ever had an idea invalidated, or needing to be altered because it clashes with the canon, and that anyone trying to point out issues is attacking you personally. Be glad you get to know about the canon BEFORE you do your ideas. Some of us have had to go back and change things to keep our stories accurate.

Deal with it, and stop acting like a jerk.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: My Naga Sarah (need help)   My Naga Sarah (need help) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 2:56 pm

Sean never called you an idiot. No-one was being rude, unless you consider pointing out the inconsistencies of having a 7 and 72 foot naga. Nobody tries to kill off ideas on the forum. We simply give our honest opinions. The forum is where most new ideas come from. If we were rude you would have just been ignored.

You are the one who started being rude after flipping out over something as minor as just how blue Crisis's tail is.

Nobody is wiki obsessed. But the wiki is also supposed to be the definitive source for Felaryan canon. It has nothing to do with anyone's ego, since only Karbo decides what goes in there. If you feel that something written in there is inaccurate, you can post your recommended change in a civil manner.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Amaroq
Great warrior
Great warrior
Amaroq

PostSubject: Re: My Naga Sarah (need help)   My Naga Sarah (need help) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 3:21 pm

rcs619 wrote:
Quote :

First of all, calm down.

Second of all, technically, Karbo has been coloring her wrong for a while now. The wiki article, which he wrote, DOES say teal. But he's clearly been using a color closer to cyan.

Its a common mistake, really. Cyan and Teal are fairly close. Both are a blue/green combination, but teal is closer to green and cyan is closer to blue.

Note that in the very early art of Crisis, she DID have a greenish tail. It only got changed into the blue-ish shade it is today after he finalized the character design. Technically Sean is correct about the color, but its hardly a big issue. These kinds of things happen as character designs and color-schemes change. Also, english is not Karbo's native language, perhaps he just got teal and cyan mixed up in his head, since BOTH are blue/green combinations?

Both of you calm the hell down. It isn't worth getting all upset over, lol.

Quote :
Crisis has been show to be very stealthy. Her ability to move quietly is how she is able to prey on even fairly well armed groups of humans and not just get shot with a rocket launcher or something. She is a very capable hunter. She hunts in the trees so she's not exactly tramping underbrush. Technically nothing is silent but you just need to be quieter than the ambient noise

Yeah, a snake's natural quietness is going to make a Naga tough to hear over the ambient forest noises. Also, its a giant naga, they can move faster than 100mph in short bursts. She doesn't even need to sneak "right up" to the adventurers. All she's got to do is get somewhat close, and then dart in to grab or trap them.

Quote :

You're the one being openly hostile to anyone who tries to correct you. YOU are the one that posted your ideas up on a public forum that is dedicated to helping improve them, and help them to mesh with the setting. If you want feedback, don't act like a child when someone tells you that you are wrong. If you don't want feedback, then don't post up your ideas in the first place. Other than Sean's recent outburst pretty much everyone has been fairly nice, and fairly patient with you.

Felarya has grown in the time you have been gone. It has gotten more complex, and more refined. It has also gotten its rules and boundries fleshed out more so that there is some consistancy. You're the one that was gone for years, you should have expected some things to have changed.

You act like you're the only person who's ever had an idea invalidated, or needing to be altered because it clashes with the canon, and that anyone trying to point out issues is attacking you personally. Be glad you get to know about the canon BEFORE you do your ideas. Some of us have had to go back and change things to keep our stories accurate.

Deal with it, and stop acting like a jerk.

Ok, as a sign of good will I took about 10 minutes to calm down before posting.

1. Crisis scale colour:
I just think it is ridiculous to say the scales are not blue. I was talking about stealth in the jungle while having blue scales. (and I hope no one doubts they actually are blue in... like nearly every artwork). Then sean came up and told me "no, they're greenish so everythings fine." And everyone points at the wiki AGAIN and is bluntly saying Karbo can't draw his own most beloved OC correctly and they know better than him. Seriously, this is what I mean with wiki obsession. You're not even doubting one bit that the description in the wiki might be wrong: exept for the one sentence you made here rcs, regarding karbos english skills. So if you already know he's no master in english, how can you trust his words more than his pictures which are universal in language?

2. The rudeness:
Yeah, I got rude here, and I'm sure I'll regret that and apologize tomorrow or something, but you are being rude too by ignoring about half the things I'm saying and only referring to things you may deny or otherwise say something against it. I mean, really, I asked 3 questions in the beginning and the first reactions were all like "you can't do this, you can't do that" not even saying one thing about my character or answering my questions. Haven her being shrunk by a fairy was a mere IDEA but in the end everyone just hacked onto this point.
Also when I say something like "she can't be stealthy because of making noises and having a blue tail" you can't just come up with "she has greenish scales and lives in a forest, do the math". How rude is that? Killing off my points by simply ignoring them and giving such a thoughtless answer. You, RCS weren't much better, I actually DID agree to some of the mentioned points, did even say YOU had a few good points and I will do it with the miragia forest but nooo, here it is much easier to say I'm attacking everyone and ignore all the "help" you want to give me. Be sure I see the difference between helping and just going crazy with details in order to make something impossible.

3. Stealthyness
So I',m still saying its impossible for a 100 foot tall giant to move stealthy in a forest. Either the trees are so nearby other trees that the pred might get cover but will trash them aside by moving in the forest or the trees are standing far from the others, giving an opening to spot the pred, not to mention all that stuff on the ground that gets crushed by their sheer weight or the animals fleeing from them.

Quote :
You act like you're the only person who's ever had an idea invalidated, or needing to be altered because it clashes with the canon, and that anyone trying to point out issues is attacking you personally.
You're not altering my ideas but simply crushing them - mostly without giving an alternative. This is what buggs me most. Believe me if I say I don't have anything against simple little corrections... But EVERYTIME (and I mean it, I'm not exxagerating here), really everytime I post something original here, someone will come and say "you can't do this". You know what? Yes, I'm starting to see it as a personal attack since this happens all the time I'm here. Don't you find it strange I get along better with karbo, the designer of this universe, than with you, when it's about Ideas and stuff? How comes he's much more tolerant than you are? I don't want an answer to this, just think about it.
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: My Naga Sarah (need help)   My Naga Sarah (need help) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 3:22 pm

Query: what do you have against the wiki, if I may ask?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Naga Sarah (need help)   My Naga Sarah (need help) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Naga Sarah (need help)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next