Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mermaid Gutting

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nickonaquamagna
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Nickonaquamagna

Mermaid Gutting Empty
PostSubject: Mermaid Gutting   Mermaid Gutting Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 6:51 am

I was thinking of having a scene at some point in the Silver Scales sequel that involves one of the protagonists meeting a couple of sick fuckers who have a macguffin of sorts that attracts nearby Mermaids, like a relic of some kind that puts them under a trance until it's too late. They've managed to survive for a long while by hanging around rivers where human sized Memaids and more often tiny Mermaids live and avoiding areas they know have larger predators. They have no qualms with mistreating and torturing these "monsters" and see the Giants' treatment of humans as justification for whatever they do to the little Mermaids they catch, very similar to a recent scene in Gantz. Ultimately, our hero destroys the macguffin, literally saves a bucket full of cute widdle Mermaids, and the sickos find other means to fend for themselves... Only to be caught by predators soon after.

Anyhow, what could inspire such a scene? Well, on sites like Gelbooru, you'd be surprised by the things I found when I curiously looked up "mermaid". Grizzly, horrid stuff... But I can't help wondering how plausible it would be for Mermaids to be treated this way in Felarya?

I guess I'm also in the mood to talk about such things because I ate a lot of haddock last night.

Last edited by Nickonaquamagna on Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://nickinamerica.deviantart.com/
French snack
French snack

Mermaid Gutting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mermaid Gutting   Mermaid Gutting Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 7:28 am

That's certainly disturbing... Shocked Not too sure what else to say about it, although the mental image of a bucket full of frightened then relieved and grateful tiny mermaids is quite an interesting one.

(Also: Merged the two identical topics into one.)
Back to top Go down

Mermaid Gutting
Page 1 of 1