Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why no one likes Inus????? =(

Go down 
+7
Nyaha
Archmage_Bael
Feadraug
zersergathant
TheArchvile
Shady Knight
Nickonaquamagna
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Nickonaquamagna
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Nickonaquamagna

Why no one likes Inus????? =( Empty
PostSubject: Why no one likes Inus????? =(   Why no one likes Inus????? =( Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 6:00 pm

I figured most people would prefer being friends with a Neko over an Inu given Nekos are just more popular to begin with... But the way people describe Inus makes them sound more like true complete slobbering beasts than (mostly)humanoid creatures with some animal "accessories" as Remus put it just sorta hangin' there. XD

I dunno what's with all the Inu prejudice. Seriously, guys... I've read the wiki, and I think Inus sound pretty cool! Anyhow, I think they hafta be one of the most sorely overlooked critters in Felarya... Hell, I even featured a few Neko cameos sprinkled here and there, and at one point, NEERAS, but not a single Inu anywhere in sight! None! Nada! So I've decided I'm going feature an Inu as a character in my next story for sure, to make up for this injustice that I did nothing to rectify in the first story. I'll make you guys love Inus whether you're a dog person or not! >=)

BTW, I love cats. Can't be around them for long 'cause my histamines are frakking morons, but if they're a nice kitty, I luvemiluvemiluvem. =)

Last edited by Nickonaquamagna on Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://nickinamerica.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Why no one likes Inus????? =(   Why no one likes Inus????? =( Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 6:06 pm

Cliff use Inus fairly often. Hell, he's the one who brought them in the wiki. The problem is that most people are unaware that they even are in the wiki.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
TheArchvile
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
TheArchvile

PostSubject: Re: Why no one likes Inus????? =(   Why no one likes Inus????? =( Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 6:40 pm

I do like Inus, and I'm planning to use them in my story as well.
There are some stories in which they make an appearance, like Sean said, Cliff uses them alot, a recent one of his featured an Inu battlemage as a main character, and Zersergathant has one in his story too.
I think the neko bias comes from the fact that nekos are very popular outside felarya, inus much less so, unless you count Kitsunes as Inus but even then... Also, all four tomes of the manga contain Nekos but no Inus, and "humans and Nekos" is usually used to describe negav's population.
I'm totally a dog person myself... But I would tend to use Nekos more in my stories, just because Inus are much rarer... Or so I gathered.
And correct me if I'm mistaken, but I don't think anyone described them as slavering beasts.
They might behave a little more different to humans than Nekos, certain dog traits would show more on a day to day basis I guess...
Cause, let's face it, cats don't do much of anything besides chase mice and purr when they're happy, so it's easy to portray their behavior as mostly human, but with the urge to chase and eat tinies. Whereas an Inu's behavior would probably be more different.
Back to top Go down
zersergathant
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
zersergathant

PostSubject: Re: Why no one likes Inus????? =(   Why no one likes Inus????? =( Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 10:53 pm

I've got nothing against Inus- my main Felaryan character is an Inu, actually, as Archvile said above. But regardless, I'm with you here, we could totally use some more Inus. They're an appealling and well-devolped race with charm and potential, and yet they're largely underused! Fortunately, as has been pointed out on this thread, they do seem to becoming more common in Felarya, which is cool. But still, I don't think they're getting quite enough love yet. I think I'm gonna add an Inu or two to my supporting cast.
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: Why no one likes Inus????? =(   Why no one likes Inus????? =( Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 3:43 am

I haven't used any Inus yet, but I'm thinking of doing so. I already have a Neko, so why would I discard Inus in my list? I think they're a good variant and some fresh air from the overpopulated cat-person stereotype, now also having dog-people...
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Why no one likes Inus????? =(   Why no one likes Inus????? =( Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 12:11 pm

There's no need for me to use Inus in my story yet. Plus, I'm more of a cat person anyway. That being said, I don't really have any neko characters either.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Why no one likes Inus????? =(   Why no one likes Inus????? =( Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 2:19 pm

Aww, now I feel bad. Sad I didn't mean to make Inus feel bad, in fact, they sound like very fun people to be around. But realistically, I'm just too lazy to live with one. Though, I have been planning to use Inus in my stories at some point. ^.^
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Prof.Nekko
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Prof.Nekko

PostSubject: Re: Why no one likes Inus????? =(   Why no one likes Inus????? =( Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 4:28 pm

Because cats are awesome

debate closed
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: Why no one likes Inus????? =(   Why no one likes Inus????? =( Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Prof.Nekko wrote:
Because cats are awesome

debate closed
Im sorry but i have to disagree with you on this, you see my aunts cat eats Cables, sprayed everywere, and on more then one occasion destoryed both me and Black Hole Fragments Creativity with his exessive meowing, While I do not Fully hate cats, but I cant stand them if they cause those kind of problems.
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: Why no one likes Inus????? =(   Why no one likes Inus????? =( Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 2:49 pm

i have the feeling this thread will be necroposted in the future...
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: Why no one likes Inus????? =(   Why no one likes Inus????? =( Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 3:01 pm

Krisexy26 wrote:
i have the feeling this thread will be necroposted in the future...

You, me and the guy next door. xD Ahem... Bad joking aside...

Anyway, it's clear that tastes are quite different when it comes to cat-people and dog-people. Also, I don't think people should be forced to 'use more Inus/less Nekos', do whatever you want with the species you prefer... but don't abuse of Nag*tackled*
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Why no one likes Inus????? =(   Why no one likes Inus????? =( Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 5:35 pm

Sorry, if it look like I necropost but I think Inus have a strong potential in many activities required teamwork,coordination and stamina they have a slight advantage to be the hybrid of two high social creatures (humans and dogs) a team of inus securities guard or customs officers can be more effective and less expansive than a human and dog combination (you don't have to paid for the veterinary expanses and you gain time in the training). I answer about the inus/neko roomate questions too. I will prefer a neko as I like chocolate and living with someone who doesn't stand it for serious reason will always be glad to smell it on you, and I feel it's a lack of respect from me Sad
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why no one likes Inus????? =(   Why no one likes Inus????? =( Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why no one likes Inus????? =(
Page 1 of 1