Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Centralists (revised version of Central Corporation)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Beefnautz
Marauder of the deep jungle
Beefnautz

Centralists (revised version of Central Corporation) Empty
PostSubject: Centralists (revised version of Central Corporation)   Centralists (revised version of Central Corporation) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 9:14 am

Hi Everyone! I'm just here to post an idea that may or may not work, tell me what you guys think and I'd love some constructive criticism with advice as I am new here XD

Basically, since Felarya is a world where dimensional portals exist. I thought up of a new group of humans that come from a technology advanced world.

This particular group of humans come from a world which is currently under the control of the Centralist Party, a unified world government that the people had willingly helped give rise to power because of how their history of war had almost brought them to extinction. As of now, only soldiers, scientists, tacticians, government investors are allowed to venture into Felarya.

The original purpose for the soldiers to arrive on Felarya was to create a manageable settlement where they could establish a connection with their homeworld.

About the world that these humans came from, their world is a particularly safe place, however, the environmental conditions that surround them have been heavily damaged and can no longer sustain the population with food. Luckily, with the use of their teleportation technology, they have created a way to reach the new world and hopefully establish a connection so that they may harvest resources for them to survive.

They retain a code of honor out of their loyalty to their High Chancellor. The codes of military conduct were never broken without consequence. However, this does not mean that they are exempt from corruption, some renegade soldiers come to Felarya not because they wanted to serve their world, but to satisfy their own selfish interests in seizing the opportunities that Felarya has.

Here are two OCs that relate to this idea:

https://felarya.forumotion.com/t2898-julius-de-gama

https://felarya.forumotion.com/t2899-professor-sidonis-langsley

Last edited by Beefnautz on Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Centralists (revised version of Central Corporation)   Centralists (revised version of Central Corporation) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Not a terrible idea, as long as its handled properly.

I could see Felarya as a humbling experience. A big, advanced military power-house coming to an alien world and, well, getting taken down a peg. Jungle fighting is a nightmare on Earth. In Felarya you have to factor in poisonous/carnivorous plants, large and dangerous wildlife, as well as the giant hybrids. The locals are nothing to scoff at either. They're used to living in one of the most dangerous worlds around. Used to moving silently, listening for threats and using the terrain. Its very likely that some of the villages they try to raid could fight back, and fiercly. Asymmetrical warfare tends to not treat the more advanced group well. A well-organized group of locals with something as simple as poisoned arrows would be hell to deal with. You'd never hear them coming, or hear where their attacks came from.

This isn't factoring in magic either. They may not be as well trained as Negavian mages, but there'd be a few skilled ones here and there.

Basically, Im just saying not to be too overbearing. Don't have your people come in and go "Nice world you have here, I think I'll take it off your hands, primitive natives" and trounce over all the natives with no troubles at all. They can be competant without being invincible. I mean, look at the Delurans, they come from an advanced world, but its still suicide to stray too far from their base (granted, they picked a terrible spot to build it). The trick is to make sure they aren't too intrusive, and DO get humbled by the wilderness or the Felaryan natives sometimes too.
Back to top Go down
Beefnautz
Beefnautz

PostSubject: Re: Centralists (revised version of Central Corporation)   Centralists (revised version of Central Corporation) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 4:22 pm

rcs619 wrote:
Not a terrible idea, as long as its handled properly.

I could see Felarya as a humbling experience. A big, advanced military power-house coming to an alien world and, well, getting taken down a peg. Jungle fighting is a nightmare on Earth. In Felarya you have to factor in poisonous/carnivorous plants, large and dangerous wildlife, as well as the giant hybrids. The locals are nothing to scoff at either. They're used to living in one of the most dangerous worlds around. Used to moving silently, listening for threats and using the terrain. Its very likely that some of the villages they try to raid could fight back, and fiercly. Asymmetrical warfare tends to not treat the more advanced group well. A well-organized group of locals with something as simple as poisoned arrows would be hell to deal with. You'd never hear them coming, or hear where their attacks came from.

This isn't factoring in magic either. They may not be as well trained as Negavian mages, but there'd be a few skilled ones here and there.

Basically, Im just saying not to be too overbearing. Don't have your people come in and go "Nice world you have here, I think I'll take it off your hands, primitive natives" and trounce over all the natives with no troubles at all. They can be competant without being invincible. I mean, look at the Delurans, they come from an advanced world, but its still suicide to stray too far from their base (granted, they picked a terrible spot to build it). The trick is to make sure they aren't too intrusive, and DO get humbled by the wilderness or the Felaryan natives sometimes too.

Well of course XD I never expected their journey to Felarya to be a cakewalk. I will have to come up with a few OCs and write a couple of stories to make that clear though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: Centralists (revised version of Central Corporation)   Centralists (revised version of Central Corporation) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 4:41 pm

Quote :
Not a terrible idea

oh come on!
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
Beefnautz
Beefnautz

PostSubject: Re: Centralists (revised version of Central Corporation)   Centralists (revised version of Central Corporation) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 4:46 pm

Krisexy26 wrote:
Quote :
Not a terrible idea

oh come on!

uh.... excuse me? I don't see how your post is helpful. Neutral
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Centralists (revised version of Central Corporation)   Centralists (revised version of Central Corporation) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 4:53 pm

Krisexy26 wrote:
Quote :
Not a terrible idea

oh come on!

...Are you implying that I was being insulting?

I hope not, since I DID point out the good potential and gave some tips.

We regularly have people bring in "advanced military civilizations" and have them set up an impenetrable base ringed with plasma cannons and such. They then one-shot any animal or person who attacks them. Its happened more than once.

I was just trying to give him the idea to maybe not make Felarya easy on his faction just because they have tech. They can be prepared and competant, without being indestructible. Like I said, even a group of locals with poisoned arrows could be a serious problem to deal with in the jungle if you go and piss them off. Assuming his people aren't fully-encased in power armor or something of course. I was assuming they are fairly traditionally dressed soldiers.
Back to top Go down
Beefnautz
Beefnautz

PostSubject: Re: Centralists (revised version of Central Corporation)   Centralists (revised version of Central Corporation) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 5:03 pm

rcs619 wrote:
Krisexy26 wrote:
Quote :
Not a terrible idea

oh come on!

Wait, I thought she was implying that you're not being harsh enough and that my idea was terrible Question
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Centralists (revised version of Central Corporation)   Centralists (revised version of Central Corporation) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 5:49 pm

Beefnautz wrote:
rcs619 wrote:
Krisexy26 wrote:
Quote :
Not a terrible idea

oh come on!

Wait, I thought she was implying that you're not being harsh enough and that my idea was terrible Question

Unsure. It seems like its one or the other. Usually Krisexy is among the first to be against being mean to newer guys, so i think she thought I was being insulting.

Its like AJ always says, text does not transfer tone or meaning well some of the time.
Back to top Go down
Beefnautz
Beefnautz

PostSubject: Re: Centralists (revised version of Central Corporation)   Centralists (revised version of Central Corporation) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 6:07 pm

Oh Sad well now I feel like a jerk XP, sorry about that Krisexy
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: Centralists (revised version of Central Corporation)   Centralists (revised version of Central Corporation) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 6:26 pm

Quote :

You could have worded it in another way.

And yeah, I also read your entire post. I was only pointing at that Wink it tickled me
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Centralists (revised version of Central Corporation)   Centralists (revised version of Central Corporation) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 6:34 pm

Krisexy26 wrote:
Quote :

You could have worded it in another way.

And yeah, I also read your entire post. I was only pointing at that Wink it tickled me

There's nothing wrong with saying something is "Not Terrible". Its the same as saying not bad, which is close to good.

As I've said, his base idea has potential, it is just really going to depend on how its handled. Bringing in an advanced faction needs to be handled delicately, or it can look like you are trying to force it on Felarya, instead of working to make it a part of the setting.
Back to top Go down
walkingbyself
Great warrior
Great warrior
walkingbyself

PostSubject: Re: Centralists (revised version of Central Corporation)   Centralists (revised version of Central Corporation) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 12:36 pm

I have a couple of questions for you and your new people if you don't mind answering them

1) Do they have any other name or are they just called the "Centralist"?

2) As rcs619 if I read his post correctly. The inhabitants of Felarya aren't your average human's especially if they live in villages or towns with large populations. And to support that large population without their villages or towns turning into one big buffet for a giant pred or some other creature living in Felarya. And I would imagine that fighting one giant pred off would probably be far harder then fighting another human army that isn't familiar with Felarya. So trying to conquer the natives is definitely not going to be an easy task and it would help a lot in my opinion for them to learn just exactly what it is they are truly facing in coming to Felarya.

3) How did they arrive? Yes you pointed out they are technologically advanced but you didn't point out how they came to Felarya. Could you please share on how they came to Felarya? Also if they came threw via teleportation or gateway tech wouldn't it be easier on them to calibrate their portal to link with Negav's? I know I am no scientist or mage or what have you but I would imagine that if your able to open a stable portal to Felarya it only makes sense to me to either calibrate their means of arrival to open into a safer place then out in the wilds. Or heck make another duplicate of the current way in and out of Felarya and again change a few things to where it opens to Negav. I'm probably blowing hot air out my rear end but I'm just voicing an opinion. But I really am curious to how they come in and out of Felarya.

4) If you have scientist coming threw for new advance tech why not just have your tacticians try and haggle a deal with some of the inhabitants of Negav? Again to me that would make senses and a lot simpler then scrounging around in the jungle for tech? I know I keep referring back to Negav a lot but honestly it makes the most sense to me as it is the unofficial defacto capital of Felarya for human's and a few other humanoids. Not to mention there are countless other worlds and people coming and going threw Negav that they bring all sorts of tech in and out some is probably more advanced then theirs or maybe even less advanced but have found another way to achieve the same ends that their more advance tech can achieve.

5) For your corrupted soldiers I would imagine there would probably be a lot more corrupt soldiers and officials then non corrupt thus getting away with false excuses and accusations might not be that hard to get away with especially if someone has something to gain from keeping their mouth shut. So I would think more corrupt personnel get away with more then the few things that do come to light as corruption can run deep. Deeper then most would like to admit but it is possible that yes you have more honorable people then corrupt people but all it takes is one corrupt official in some super high place out to increase his own gains and I can probably bet you that he has more then one finger in illegal or corrupt dealings with Felarya and would know all the ways to keep his activities under the radar... but then again I am probably rambling they are your people to have as corrupt as you want or as pure as you want. I just want to know how badly does the corruption run in their ranks and just how high up?

Well those are all the questions I have if you want to answer them go ahead I am just curious. Take what you will from this what you want or not.
Back to top Go down
http://walkingbyself.deviantart.com/
Beefnautz
Beefnautz

PostSubject: Re: Centralists (revised version of Central Corporation)   Centralists (revised version of Central Corporation) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 12:58 pm

Alright so before I begin, I just wanted to say thanks for asking these questions, it will really help me in
making this idea more acceptable to Felarya Very Happy

walkingbyself wrote:
I have a couple of questions for you and your new people if you don't mind answering them

1) Do they have any other name or are they just called the "Centralist"?

2) As rcs619 if I read his post correctly. The inhabitants of Felarya aren't your average human's especially if they live in villages or towns with large populations. And to support that large population without their villages or towns turning into one big buffet for a giant pred or some other creature living in Felarya. And I would imagine that fighting one giant pred off would probably be far harder then fighting another human army that isn't familiar with Felarya. So trying to conquer the natives is definitely not going to be an easy task and it would help a lot in my opinion for them to learn just exactly what it is they are truly facing in coming to Felarya.

3) How did they arrive? Yes you pointed out they are technologically advanced but you didn't point out how they came to Felarya. Could you please share on how they came to Felarya? Also if they came threw via teleportation or gateway tech wouldn't it be easier on them to calibrate their portal to link with Negav's? I know I am no scientist or mage or what have you but I would imagine that if your able to open a stable portal to Felarya it only makes sense to me to either calibrate their means of arrival to open into a safer place then out in the wilds. Or heck make another duplicate of the current way in and out of Felarya and again change a few things to where it opens to Negav. I'm probably blowing hot air out my rear end but I'm just voicing an opinion. But I really am curious to how they come in and out of Felarya.

4) If you have scientist coming threw for new advance tech why not just have your tacticians try and haggle a deal with some of the inhabitants of Negav? Again to me that would make senses and a lot simpler then scrounging around in the jungle for tech? I know I keep referring back to Negav a lot but honestly it makes the most sense to me as it is the unofficial defacto capital of Felarya for human's and a few other humanoids. Not to mention there are countless other worlds and people coming and going threw Negav that they bring all sorts of tech in and out some is probably more advanced then theirs or maybe even less advanced but have found another way to achieve the same ends that their more advance tech can achieve.

5) For your corrupted soldiers I would imagine there would probably be a lot more corrupt soldiers and officials then non corrupt thus getting away with false excuses and accusations might not be that hard to get away with especially if someone has something to gain from keeping their mouth shut. So I would think more corrupt personnel get away with more then the few things that do come to light as corruption can run deep. Deeper then most would like to admit but it is possible that yes you have more honorable people then corrupt people but all it takes is one corrupt official in some super high place out to increase his own gains and I can probably bet you that he has more then one finger in illegal or corrupt dealings with Felarya and would know all the ways to keep his activities under the radar... but then again I am probably rambling they are your people to have as corrupt as you want or as pure as you want. I just want to know how badly does the corruption run in their ranks and just how high up?

Well those are all the questions I have if you want to answer them go ahead I am just curious. Take what you will from this what you want or not.

Alright so I'll respond the same way you did XD

1) I haven't really given much thought as to a good name to call these people, but seeing as how they come from a fascist nation, I would assume that 'Centralist' would be their new name.

2) You do have a point there, but actually, I would imagine that the Centralists would utilize diplomacy first seeing as they are unfamiliar to this world. As of now, they would only use their soldiers to fight when necessary. But, if they somehow walk into a village and outnumber them, then of course some of the weaker villages would submit to colonial rule so that they wouldn't have to deal with trouble. In Felarya, it's about survival, so I don't think it's in their best interest to pick a fight with an army of advanced soldiers.

3) Although their technology is advanced, it doesn't necessarily mean that it is perfect. The gateway machine that they created does work, but it is a prototype, therefore they would have to find their way into Negav first before knowing how to establish a link.

4) It's not the scientist's job to discover new technology on Felarya, although they could do that. Their main goal is to study the animals and plants that live on Felarya and I would imagine that some would try to find their way to Negav to talk with other Felaryan scientists instead of risking their lives looking around the wilderness.

5) Normally, the higher the rank, the least likely that there would be corruption. All of the Centralist Generals are completely loyal to Central's laws and codes of honor. Where as many of the recruits are just in it for their own satisfactions. Lower ranking officers can be corrupted, but usually soldiers get promoted based on whether or not their actions show loyalty to the state.

I hope this answers all of your questions, and I will be glad to hear more from you. Thank you again for the feedback Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Centralists (revised version of Central Corporation)   Centralists (revised version of Central Corporation) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 5:02 pm

Quote :
2) As rcs619 if I read his post correctly. The inhabitants of Felarya aren't your average human's especially if they live in villages or towns with large populations

Honestly, I expect most jungle villages to be on the small side. Even then, they'd be hell to deal with if they were organized enough. They know the jungle, all its animals and plants, and they know how to move around in silence (to avoid being found out by larger things). All it would take is a small group of angry, let's say jungle nekos, with poisoned arrows and some crude traps, to really make things tough for any group that attacked them at random. Asymmetrical warfare tends to favor the less advanced group, and while they may not ever be able to strike a decisive blow, they can certainly harass a more advanced group and be terrible for morale.

Quote :
So trying to conquer the natives is definitely not going to be an easy task and it would help a lot in my opinion for them to learn just exactly what it is they are truly facing in coming to Felarya.

Yeah, people who live in the jungle constantly live under the threat of being happened across by something bigger, no matter how well-hidden and careful they are. I would imagine they are semi-nomadic in that way, and pick up and move when one village gets attacked. They probably have evacuation routes planned, as well as hiding spots for people to go to until an attack has passed. Even if you flatten a village of natives, you won't get them all and now you have a bunch of angry jungle-dwellers potentially looking for payback. If they're nekos or inu you have even more problems, as their senses are going to be better than a human's. When you tack that onto knowing the terrain and being stealthy, you're looking at some very annoying enemies to deal with.

Quote :
3) How did they arrive? Yes you pointed out they are technologically advanced but you didn't point out how they came to Felarya. Could you please share on how they came to Felarya? Also if they came threw via teleportation or gateway tech wouldn't it be easier on them to calibrate their portal to link with Negav's?

That would probably depend on if the two gate techs are even compatible. Its quite possible that you can't just hack into a dimensional gate at will, since having an army pop up on your doorstep out of your own gate is a severe disadvantage. If you could do that, the Delurans or Miritans might have tried it already. Although, i figure its quite likely that Negav trades with their worlds while their military outposts utilize a private gate network. That's a possibility for the Centralists. They could open up trade relations with Negav, while using their own private gate network for their military/exploratory groups.
Back to top Go down
Beefnautz
Beefnautz

PostSubject: Re: Centralists (revised version of Central Corporation)   Centralists (revised version of Central Corporation) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 10:14 pm

rcs619 wrote:

That would probably depend on if the two gate techs are even compatible. Its quite possible that you can't just hack into a dimensional gate at will, since having an army pop up on your doorstep out of your own gate is a severe disadvantage. If you could do that, the Delurans or Miritans might have tried it already. Although, i figure its quite likely that Negav trades with their worlds while their military outposts utilize a private gate network. That's a possibility for the Centralists. They could open up trade relations with Negav, while using their own private gate network for their military/exploratory groups.

O_O.... that is an awesome idea XD Thanks for the advice!
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Centralists (revised version of Central Corporation)   Centralists (revised version of Central Corporation) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 4:05 am

If you're wondering about dimensional gates and suchlike; click here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Beefnautz
Beefnautz

PostSubject: Re: Centralists (revised version of Central Corporation)   Centralists (revised version of Central Corporation) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 2:08 pm

After much thought into writing my story, I thought it'd be best to revise the concept of Central to make things less confusing. So yea, please reread the first post ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Centralists (revised version of Central Corporation)   Centralists (revised version of Central Corporation) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Centralists (revised version of Central Corporation)
Page 1 of 1