Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Beef's Sweet Arsenal (Bad pun intended)

Go down 
+3
Anime-Junkie
Nyaha
Beefnautz
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Beefnautz
Marauder of the deep jungle
Beefnautz

Beef's Sweet Arsenal (Bad pun intended) Empty
PostSubject: Beef's Sweet Arsenal (Bad pun intended)   Beef's Sweet Arsenal (Bad pun intended) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 3:55 pm

I realize that the name of this topic is rather odd, but at least it's odd enough to grab your attention for a bit XD So basically, I'm just gonna pitch an idea and I don't expect much out of it, but hey, I feel it's worth pitching so here goes!

Projectile Imitating Elements, otherwise known as PIE

General Details: Basically, PIE is a moderately priced gadget that utilizes some of the best magical storing technology. It contains a considerable amount of magical energy that explodes with upon impact. This could easily mimic an elemental attack. It can be used defensively as well as a very good stealth weapon.

Appearance: It's basically a metallic ball with sizes that vary from 2 to 4 inches in diameter. It has two hemispheres that you could twist and a small glowing blue button. As for the color, it all depends on what kind of PIE you have.

How it works and it's practical uses: Like I said before, PIE can be used defensively or as a stealth weapon. The way it works is that you have this metal ball which contains magical energy, you can activate it in one of two ways. You can either use the Timing Mechanism, which can be set by twisting the hemispheres, after which, you can set on the ground as a trap and clear the way. The other way of activating PIE is through the Impact Mechanism, which is activated by simply pushing the glowing blue button, then you chuck it at the predator that is about to devour you and it will explode upon touching the predator. Inside the PIE is a fragile crystal glass that contains the magical energy, although this may seem dangerous to handle, PIE has a safety feature that allows the owner to drop the PIE without it setting it off. By activating the mechanisms, the safeties are off which then become dangerous. What many don't know about PIE is that it is never intended for any lethal blows against giant predator, at best a PIE could knock one out giving you a chance to escape, but you'd be stupid to try to fight an Elemental with one of these. Of course if you had a satchel full of these PIEs and if it were to land in a mouth of a Naga per say... well, you get the picture.

Different Types of PIE:
> Cherry PIE (Fire elemental magic)
> Blueberry PIE (Water elemental magic)
> Apple PIE (Lightning elemental magic)
> Vanilla Cream PIE (Light elemental magic)
> Chocolate Cream PIE (Dark elemental magic)
> Then of course there's the military favorite: Grandma's Special PIE (It's basically a big explosion)

Hope you like this idea, if not, please tell me how it can improve ^^

Last edited by Beefnautz on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:12 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : new topic, more adding)
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Beef's Sweet Arsenal (Bad pun intended)   Beef's Sweet Arsenal (Bad pun intended) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 4:15 pm

Hahaha! ^_^ I like your naming system, but the 1 inch radius seems a little small. :3
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Beefnautz
Beefnautz

PostSubject: Re: Beef's Sweet Arsenal (Bad pun intended)   Beef's Sweet Arsenal (Bad pun intended) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 4:17 pm

Nyaha wrote:
Hahaha! ^_^ I like your naming system, but the 1 inch radius seems a little small. :3

You got a point ^^ I'll give it a size variation then XD
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Beef's Sweet Arsenal (Bad pun intended)   Beef's Sweet Arsenal (Bad pun intended) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 4:42 pm

That's a terrible pun, but not a bad idea.
I don't see why they'd be expensive though. It's a one use item, just store the magic in crystal glass. There's your impact sensor: Glass breaks, magic is released.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Beefnautz
Beefnautz

PostSubject: Re: Beef's Sweet Arsenal (Bad pun intended)   Beef's Sweet Arsenal (Bad pun intended) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 4:45 pm

Anime-Junkie wrote:
That's a terrible pun, but not a bad idea.
I don't see why they'd be expensive though. It's a one use item, just store the magic in crystal glass. There's your impact sensor: Glass breaks, magic is released.

huh, I guess it could be cheap that way, thanks ^^ And yea, I know it's a bad pun XD
Back to top Go down
Unit ZER0
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Unit ZER0

PostSubject: 1 more for the road...   Beef's Sweet Arsenal (Bad pun intended) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 12:52 pm

Got a suggestion to add to your arsenal: Pecan PIE - Like the Grandma's Special, but has a layer of iron blocks around the central sphere, so when it goes off, the iron blocks are superheated and blasted outwards, for a fragmentation effect.
Back to top Go down
Beefnautz
Beefnautz

PostSubject: Re: Beef's Sweet Arsenal (Bad pun intended)   Beef's Sweet Arsenal (Bad pun intended) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 10:34 am

I decided that I could add some more knick knacks to the Felaryan world. Tell me what you think of this next one! ^^

Pixie Stick

General Details: Basically, the Pixie Stick is a high priced gadget that has an effective use against Magic when used properly and with correct timing. It can absorb Magic from one suction end and convert it into a dense dusty smog for that quick getaway that you were looking for!

Appearance: It's a silvery metallic staff which has a large funnel suction on one end and a broom like fan on the other. On the center of the Pixie Stick is a spherical orb, which acts as a magical converter. The Pixie Stick is about 4 ft in length, while its width is 1 inch in diameter. The magical converter is 3 inches in diameter.

How it works and it's practical uses: The Pixie Stick is effectively used as a defensive or an escape gadget. It is not to be used as a weapon of any kind. (unless some preds or magic users are deathly allergic to dust Razz ) The Pixie Stick, unfortunately, can only absorb Magic one at a time as a single shot and must be positioned in a way so that the Magic is easily sucked into the suction. Another flaw in this design is that it you would need to empty out the dust before being able to use the Pixie Stick again. In utilizing the broom side of the Pixie Stick, you only need to hit it against the ground, which will release a dense, dusty, smog. This will conveniently serve the user as a distraction while he or she escapes the enemy momentarily, or one could save their dust for much larger predators if possible.

Last edited by Beefnautz on Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Beef's Sweet Arsenal (Bad pun intended)   Beef's Sweet Arsenal (Bad pun intended) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 4:22 pm

When I saw "it uses fairy magic against them" I was a bit suspicious, but it turned out okay. I'm wondering HOW the fairy magic is used against them, like what sort of technology made that possible (since fairy magic is a specific type, and difficult to harness for use by most other people. like illusion and shrinking magic are never as powerful if not used by fairies). It's pretty cool though. The dust getaway would be nice.

I imagine that the dust may help to scramble the magical signature of the user.
Back to top Go down
Beefnautz
Beefnautz

PostSubject: Re: Beef's Sweet Arsenal (Bad pun intended)   Beef's Sweet Arsenal (Bad pun intended) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 4:24 pm

well I guess it's not used AGAINST them, more like used at the prey's convienence, and there should be a magic crystal in the orb center that does something like that, won't go into specifics just yet. And the funnel should act as an antenna of sorts, just to draw in the magical energy that the fairy is shooting out.
Back to top Go down
EvilGenius

PostSubject: Re: Beef's Sweet Arsenal (Bad pun intended)   Beef's Sweet Arsenal (Bad pun intended) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 4:34 pm

When i read it, i liked the idea, but i think it sounds a bit cumbersome. Why does it need to be so long, or oddly shaped?
Back to top Go down
Beefnautz
Beefnautz

PostSubject: Re: Beef's Sweet Arsenal (Bad pun intended)   Beef's Sweet Arsenal (Bad pun intended) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 5:19 pm

I edited its appearance, better?
Back to top Go down
EvilGenius

PostSubject: Re: Beef's Sweet Arsenal (Bad pun intended)   Beef's Sweet Arsenal (Bad pun intended) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 6:24 pm

Hmmm, a bit better i suppose. Now it sort of sounds like something you would have strapped to your back, and it would work automatically.
Back to top Go down
Beefnautz
Beefnautz

PostSubject: Re: Beef's Sweet Arsenal (Bad pun intended)   Beef's Sweet Arsenal (Bad pun intended) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 7:02 pm

is that a problem?
Back to top Go down
EvilGenius

PostSubject: Re: Beef's Sweet Arsenal (Bad pun intended)   Beef's Sweet Arsenal (Bad pun intended) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 7:07 pm

Not at all, i'm just telling you what's in my head.
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Beef's Sweet Arsenal (Bad pun intended)   Beef's Sweet Arsenal (Bad pun intended) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 5:09 am

As I've said earlier, the pixie stick looks to me like one of those brooms witches would use, only metallic. It'd be funny to actually see someone using levitation magic and flying around sitting on one of those pixie sticks.

Now for the idea itself, I think it's pretty good. Useful, has drawbacks and it's expensive. Besides, it fits that someone would look for a way to counter that annoying fairy magic.
Back to top Go down
Beefnautz
Beefnautz

PostSubject: Re: Beef's Sweet Arsenal (Bad pun intended)   Beef's Sweet Arsenal (Bad pun intended) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 9:15 am

edited the pixie stick for wide range uses
Back to top Go down
Beefnautz
Beefnautz

PostSubject: Re: Beef's Sweet Arsenal (Bad pun intended)   Beef's Sweet Arsenal (Bad pun intended) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 11:32 am

CAKE (Compact Armament of Kinetic Energy)

General Details: CAKE is a very high priced gadget that is actually designed to be a defensive weapon against predators. It utilizes energy picked up from forces of impact that one can charge up on their own. Although it won't be the most lethal thing against predator, it will certainly surprise them with that sucker punch you've been looking for!

Appearance: It's a shotgun weapon which is shaped similarly like that of a blunderbuss. Its barrel is shaped like that of a trumpet bell, and on the other side of this gun is a large 3 inch radius cushion, backed by a high tech hydraulics system which can convert impact force into stored energy. The CAKE is 3 ft long with a 1ft long barrel, which has the radius of 4 inches at the end of the trumpet bell like barrel. The cushion comes in any color, but the gun itself is usually silver plated.

How it works and it's practical uses: CAKE is primarily a defensive weapon against predators, in theory CAKE could be used to kill smaller things, but there are better ways to do that. How one arms CAKE is by charging up its storage on energy by having a tremendous amount of force and impact pound on the cushion part of CAKE. The user could definitely punch the cushion repeatedly for a long period of time for that extensive damage, but it is often a slow and repetitive process, so it is recommended that you charge up in a safe location before going out. One of the disadvantages of CAKE is the recoil in proportion to how much energy it shoots out at once. For instance, if you were to block a giant's fist with the cushion, then use that energy to blast at the giant, the recoil shock could harm you if it is held improperly or without bracing it. This weapon is single shot and should be used sparingly when defending against predators. The advantage of this weapon however, is that presents more of a shock to predators than most firearms out there, giving the user time to make that hasty getaway.

Back to top Go down
EvilGenius

PostSubject: Re: Beef's Sweet Arsenal (Bad pun intended)   Beef's Sweet Arsenal (Bad pun intended) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 2:02 pm

Hmmm...I like it. It sounds useful, and i think, if footpads were added, it could be recharged as one would use a pogo-stick.
Back to top Go down
Beefnautz
Beefnautz

PostSubject: Re: Beef's Sweet Arsenal (Bad pun intended)   Beef's Sweet Arsenal (Bad pun intended) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 6:52 pm

COOKIE (Cohesive Ocular Object Keeping Illusion Emission)

General Details: COOKIE is a moderately priced gadget used mainly for stealth. It utilizes magic crystal glass to convey that instant illusion to any predator. Sure you can just cast an illusion spell, but why leave that magical residue when you can just fool a pred with a staring contest?

Appearance: It is a circular monocle with a bronze rim around the magic crystal. A sticky substance is underneath the rim for that easy attachment and detachment off of the user's eye.

How it works and it's practical uses: COOKIE is a stealth gadget which is activated by the user's focusing onto the eyes of their target. Once the target and the user lock their sights at each other eyes, the COOKIE sends out a flash of illusion magic straight into the target's brain indiscreetly, which then creates the illusion that the user is a rock. This is very handy when avoiding predators when they lay their sights on you, but very difficult to get away with as the predator must look into the COOKIE and the user must look into the predator's eyes. Another flaw is that the illusion becomes broken if the user loses contact from the predator's eyes for more than 10 seconds. It is also broken if the user moves while in the predator's line of vision, so the user must be very skilled and familiar with this gadget before finding it of any practical use.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beef's Sweet Arsenal (Bad pun intended)   Beef's Sweet Arsenal (Bad pun intended) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beef's Sweet Arsenal (Bad pun intended)
Page 1 of 1