Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Felaryan Sport: Pixie Ball

Go down 
+8
Nyaha
luke112
The Ultimate
Pendragon
Karbo
Sehoolighan
EdgedWeapon
kikijonson
12 posters
AuthorMessage
kikijonson
Marauder of the deep jungle
kikijonson

Felaryan Sport: Pixie Ball Empty
PostSubject: Felaryan Sport: Pixie Ball   Felaryan Sport: Pixie Ball Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 3:49 pm

Felaryan Sports
Name: Pixie Ball

Pixie ball is a sport that was developed in the Fairy Kingdom by the local fairies. One of the things that the fairies find most fun to do is to fool around with the Pixie Float; an airborne Jellyfish that preys upon Birds, virtually harmless to a fairy. Eventually they made up a game, using the Pixie float as a ball and called it "Pixie Ball (how creative).
Pixie Ball is essentially an airborne, chaotic version of Soccer, where the goal of the game is to score as many goals as you can, more than the opponent teams. Teams are divided, 6 players, one of them being the "Goal Keeper".
The typical Field of play is a 100 yard long,25 Yard Wide field open space, having tree's marked in white to show where the out of bounds are is located. The size does vary according to the rules though. At each end of the field is a platform that is located 100 yards in the air. This platform is where the Goal is located. The field of play is infinitely large vertically…meaning that the fairies can fly as high as they want when playing the game.

The Point of the game is to get the Pixie float into the opponent's goal, and to prevent the opponents to score. The way to do this is to smack the pixie float as far as they can towards to goal, and try to hit it into it. The players are not allowed to carry the pixie float, only hitting it, meaning they have to kick, punch, head butt, smack etc.…Once the Pixie Float gets into the goal, the team that got it in scores the point and the opponents start off with the pixie float in the next round.
The Scoring System fallows a similar role as Tennis, Each goal is worth 10 points, once a team receives 60 points, they win the game.

There are very few Rules to Pixie Ball, making it a very chaotic and hectic game.

Rule 1: You cannot Carrie the Pixie Float
Rule 2: If the Pixie Float goes out of Bounds, the team that touches it last must allow the opponent team to server it out of the area (hit it back into the field of play)
Rule 3: Size Changing Magic is not allowed (this rule varies according to which version is being Played)
Rule 4: The players are not permitted to enter the goal area unless they are the Goal Keeper.
Rule 5: Goal Keeper is not permited to leave the Goal Area.
Rule 6: Spells that influence the Pixie float in any way are banned.
Rule 7: you can't shrink the pixie float and eat it (brought to you by Karbo)
Rule 8: if rule 7 is broken, you are permited to use the rule breaker as the ball.
Rule 9: No killing
Rule 10: Eating the opponents is not allowed

Other than that, anything goes, this means tackling, magic, magical objects, being a complete and utter jerk to everyone is completely allowed, the fairies like it like this, makes the game more interesting.

Variations:

There are many Variations of the game, one of which where size Change is allowed. This of course means the field of play is much larger. There are also variations where more than 2 teams compete with multiple goals.

In Kortiki Town, this game is often played, and it isn't uncommon for other races to play such as humans, though the nature of the game, humans will only be able to play as the Goal keeper, seeing how the game in its entirety takes place in the air.

Last edited by kikijonson on Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://kikijonson.deviantart.com/
EdgedWeapon
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
EdgedWeapon

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Sport: Pixie Ball   Felaryan Sport: Pixie Ball Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 7:30 pm

Sounds like a good game, very funny. However, I see two problems with this: 1) A group (2 groups!) of chaotic fairies would have to come together and obey a set of rules for however long it takes them to score one hundred points (should probably consider dropping this to six or some other small number) and 2) it doesn't say anything about eating the players on your own team...
Back to top Go down
Sehoolighan
Survivor
Survivor
Sehoolighan

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Sport: Pixie Ball   Felaryan Sport: Pixie Ball Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 9:21 pm

EdgedWeapon wrote:
2) it doesn't say anything about eating the players on your own team...

... That would fall under rule number nine: No Killing. Wouldn't be very sporty if one were to eat all their teammates, nor all that fun.
Back to top Go down
http://sehoolighan.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Sport: Pixie Ball   Felaryan Sport: Pixie Ball Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 2:54 am

I really like that idea, somehow this is something I could totally see fairies play Razz
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Sport: Pixie Ball   Felaryan Sport: Pixie Ball Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 5:15 am

Seems like an interesting sport...

Quote :
Rule 10: Eating the opponents is not allowed

Oh, I see this won't become popular among predators.
Back to top Go down
The Ultimate
Great warrior
Great warrior
The Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Sport: Pixie Ball   Felaryan Sport: Pixie Ball Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 7:38 am

Well it does not say anything about eating after the game has finished haha.
Back to top Go down
http://xxtheultimate39.deviantart.com/
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Sport: Pixie Ball   Felaryan Sport: Pixie Ball Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 3:08 pm

Something tells me this is the Fairy version of soccer.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Sport: Pixie Ball   Felaryan Sport: Pixie Ball Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 12:09 pm

Do fairies really eat each other? D: *sighs* I hate how my opinion of Felarya keeps going up, just to be knocked back down. TT.TT
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Sport: Pixie Ball   Felaryan Sport: Pixie Ball Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 12:17 pm

Fairies generally don't eat each other (though exceptions exist), though cannibalism does exist in other species e.g. nagas, mermaids, mantoids, etc.
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
kikijonson
kikijonson

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Sport: Pixie Ball   Felaryan Sport: Pixie Ball Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 5:02 pm

O_o...everyone keeps bringing up the eating each other thing...i's a game XD...it's somthing they do when they arent out to eat everything they see XD...I mearly put those as joke rules...
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Sport: Pixie Ball   Felaryan Sport: Pixie Ball Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 6:14 am

The idea is really good but somehow I think the scoring system is maybe a bit too complex ?
I mean Tennis have a lot of points in an entire game because it's essentially a duel, but in a collective game ? I think much fewer points would be scored overall , making the system not very adapted to it in my opinion..
Back to top Go down
Grave
Grave

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Sport: Pixie Ball   Felaryan Sport: Pixie Ball Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 9:13 am

There is no point of a duece in them game if the opponents game score does not reset apon a game win.

You could simplify it greatly by just having each team play to 1000.

I also think that unless scoring is alot easier than I imagine, getting to such a score would take a really long time. Soccer scores are often quite low.
Back to top Go down
kikijonson
kikijonson

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Sport: Pixie Ball   Felaryan Sport: Pixie Ball Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 11:28 am

I change the scoring system of the game to make it a wee bit better...hopefully
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Sport: Pixie Ball   Felaryan Sport: Pixie Ball Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 12:15 pm

It does look a lot simpler, which I think better fits the fairy mindset O:
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Sport: Pixie Ball   Felaryan Sport: Pixie Ball Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 3:35 pm

This is a very interesting idea. I can also see other sports like that one wisk ball game (where you hold cups that look like some sort of funnel with a handle on it? cant remember the game very well.) but with the aspect of flying, many games are drastically changed.

Team Harpy goes against Team Fairy for the Inter-Felarya Flyer cup. The winning team gets bragging rights.

We could turn this into a turn based game and put it in the roleplay thread or something. Maybe.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Sport: Pixie Ball   Felaryan Sport: Pixie Ball Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 9:05 am

I'd like to add tis one if you agree with the disclaimer ^^
it really fits fairies well I think Smile
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Sport: Pixie Ball   Felaryan Sport: Pixie Ball Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 7:45 pm

Holy crap, I shoulda read this Pixie Ball idea long ago. I practically ripped you off, Kiki. My bad. o.o;;;
Back to top Go down
kikijonson
kikijonson

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Sport: Pixie Ball   Felaryan Sport: Pixie Ball Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 11:28 pm

Oh wow...you can add Pixie ball to the Felarya Wiki...I agree with the disclaimer...I guess thats what I say...bah tits too formal >.<

but yeah...i'd be honored if you added Pixie Ball to the Felaryan cannon ^w^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Sport: Pixie Ball   Felaryan Sport: Pixie Ball Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Felaryan Sport: Pixie Ball
Page 1 of 1