Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Introduce yourself

Go down 
+167
Sybiro
XionGaTaosenai
The Sketch Knight
Syronael
Gamma
Ryanel
mossagateturtle
Lockheed X-17
Nathairach
Rakrthle
Bluehorizon
Nakita
Xander of Skyeatu
Jormungdang
Sprix
AuriatheWriter
iZyren
BoltAscendent
Bandur Khan
Scryangi
dragon808tr
CauldronBorn24
nipa101
Scorpio
Makaze
cooer121
Savixeon
Sandishy
ravaging vixen
Melany
space_samurai
Redstiza
Fanara
ConstantLime
voraphilexpert
Ashes
Balthazaar
Mr. I
Crunch
MiniPanda
Americanhero45
string fountain
deng
DuskTheNaga
Evernight
enviousofsnakes
Sigurd
Valerian
Thirteen
Mage of Mist
Jacques_W
CrisisOperations
CThompson17
Halian
Metagenic
Echo
Nephilim
Emerald Electronic
Myde-Mia
Saen Kel
Canada's Mike
Venom Agato
Oblivions End
drizztmonk
gooigooi3642
JohnboyX
sparkythechu
Thywolf
Zephyr102
Telemachus
Grave
Theorem
getawsome
boomerang
EdgedWeaponAgain
MendozaProject
bramblebelly
Shady Knight
Darth_Nergal
Merku
Ilceren
DarkOne
Komandr2465
brothejr
keroko
Zomman
Scififmyth
Boris92
SpectrumGirl
Razor
MissVyra
hhhat09
Chihiro Fujisaki
vore4life99
kikijonson
Oldman40k2003
Gentelman
AlienJuggernaut
Genowing
Prof.Nekko
Somekindofragamuffin
eusuna
world_slayer
EvilGenius
Zhivago
oishi1
jedi-explorer
AzureJass
Malahite
BobTheNinja
parameciumkid
racemaster7
Rodeo
itsmeyouidiot
rubythewitch
Slick46
luke112
Black Hole Fragment
/Fish/
sishenfan
Solomon
Nintenfan81
Unit ZER0
Asuroth
LamiaSybaris
etaine
mephisto
rcs619
BradRepko
Feadraug
kaitheguy1234
Dearville
MetaSkipper
Billyblue999
Stabs
Beallis
Krisexy26
Reptillian
AisuKaiko
Beefnautz
the hitman
McKindle
xanna2011
Mr. Delicious
noneofurbussiness
MrNobody13
zersergathant
Ronoc
Iavlas
Pendragon
Vaderaz
Anime-Junkie
Darkstorm Zero
tiny-jedi-master
Silent_eric
NightFlash
French snack
Sehoolighan
Archmage_Bael
Para-celsus
Black Aquila
Nyaha
TheLightLost
Amaroq
Karbo
ZionAtriedes
The Ultimate
171 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Dearville
Helpless prey
Dearville

Introduce yourself - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 12:59 am

Nyaha wrote:
Dearville wrote:
oooooooh, now I get it Laughing
Rejoice, proud adventurer, for you are one of us now. ^_^

I am honored lol!
Back to top Go down
BradRepko
Tasty morsel

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 2:31 am

Greetings Felaryans.

I am a vore author, mostly of short stories. I'm also an avid RPer of the vorish kind.
Back to top Go down
Beefnautz
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
Beefnautz

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 6:30 am

BradRepko wrote:
Greetings Felaryans.

I am a vore author, mostly of short stories. I'm also an avid RPer of the vorish kind.

Greetings BradRepko, I, like many others, would like to welcome you here to the forum. I'm not really going to get into the opening advice right now, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask me in the chatbox, or PM any of the more experienced members for help.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 12:13 pm

I, Nyaha, on the other hand, do have opening advice. I say basically the same thing to everyone, so I'll just copy-paste. Some people here make very harsh-sounding criticisms, but please don't let it discourage you. Just separate the helpful advice from the negative-sounding words and use it to better your work. :3 Don't give up.

Also, I'm Nyaha, one of the friendliest people you'll likely meet in Felarya. Welcome. I look forward to RPing with you, Repko. ^_^

Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 5:19 pm

Nyaha wrote:
I, Nyaha, on the other hand, do have opening advice. I say basically the same thing to everyone, so I'll just copy-paste. Some people here make very harsh-sounding criticisms, but please don't let it discourage you. Just separate the helpful advice from the negative-sounding words and use it to better your work. :3 Don't give up.

Also, I'm Nyaha, one of the friendliest people you'll likely meet in Felarya. Welcome. I look forward to RPing with you, Repko. ^_^

Seriously Nyaha, cut this crap out. Do you think its very encouraging for newbies coming in to be told "people will be harsh to your work"? Or "Just trying to sort through the negative sounding comments"?I mean, come on. Its not like some of the more in-depth critics here rip every single piece of writing to pieces, the only ones that get really poked at with a stick are the ones who need it. Even the "harsh" critiques are nearly always FAIR, and meant to help the writer. We don't spend half an hour writing an in-depth comment for an idea for nothing.

You're doing nothing but giving new members a negative first impression of the forum before they even make a post.

Also, welcome newcomers. Try not to let Nyaha scare you too much. He exaggerates greatly.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 5:58 pm

Im not trying to scare anyone, I just think we lose too many people because they feel their work is too harshly criticized. But I can see how the way I say it comes off as negative. Hmm, how do I rephrase it?

Please don't be discouraged by negative-sounding criticism. The other writers are only trying to help you get better. That's what I'm trying to say.

Honestly, though, you are exactly what I'm talking about. Why jump all over me and swear just because I'm trying to help out?
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 6:12 pm

Quote :
Im not trying to scare anyone, I just think we lose too many people because they feel their work is too harshly criticized

If someone comes onto a forum, that is specifically devoted to expanding and developing an established setting that people have been around for years...and can't handle any kind of critique, than this was not the environment for them to begin with.

This forum is a little more serious than the Felarya group on DA. We actually care about thinking more deeply, and trying to make Felarya a richer, more developed setting.

Quote :
Please don't be discouraged by negative-sounding criticism. The other writers are only trying to help you get better. That's what I'm trying to say.

How about just saying hi? Not mentioning "negative-sounding criticism" at all? This thread is supposed to be about greeting new members, not trying to shove a preconeived view of the forum onto them before they make a post. Be optimistic and welcoming. Don't start off by telling them that monsters live under the beds.

Quote :
Honestly, though, you are exactly what I'm talking about. Why jump all over me and swear just because I'm trying to help out?

I let it go the first time, but I can't just let you say that kind of crap to every single new member. Its not helping anyone.
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 6:39 pm

Quote :
I let it go the first time, but I can't just let you say that kind of crap to every single new member. Its not helping anyone.

Wo-ow-ow. What did I just read? An implied threatening?
Quote :
I let it go the first time,

I'll remind you that you have absolutely NO POWER above any other members. You're just a normal member, like anyone else, like 99% of this forum, rest being mods and karbo. You're not a mod, cliff. And I think Nyaha was in fact helping that new guy (hello, by the way!). The critics that are being given here arent what I call the BEST critics around and they certainly arent about praising. Worst, it tends to be way too negative.

Anyways, welcome to all the newcomers.

As for you, RCS619, I let it go this time.
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 6:57 pm

Quote :
Wo-ow-ow. What did I just read? An implied threatening?

...How was I threatening? I made no threats. I let his comments go the first time, but I can't just sit back and keep letting him say that kind of stuff without any other input.

Quote :
I'll remind you that you have absolutely NO POWER above any other members. You're just a normal member, like anyone else, like 99% of this forum, rest being mods and karbo. You're not a mod, cliff.

That is where you're wrong. I'm a senior member, I've been here for years. Im one of the best people in this community and I AM a mod, I just currently lack my title and powers. They can take me out of the mods, but they can't take the mod out of me. I care about this community too much.

Quote :
The critics that are being given here arent what I call the BEST critics around and they certainly arent about praising. Worst, it tends to be way too negative.

We've been over this before. Critiques don't HAVE to be positive, so long as they are fair and civil. Its not about balancing praise and criticism, its about being honest and blunt with the writer, to best help them improve.

Quote :
As for you, RCS619, I let it go this time

Love you too, Kri =P
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 7:20 pm

thw whole instance of my message was: still up to this date, today, september eh...22nd, you are still a member. Just don't act like if you are on your horse and look up to us.

For the moment, fighting each other is like a super intense combat of 2 magikarps lvl 50 with splash being their only attack.

Send me a love note when you get back your modship Smile

And yes i love you too, even if you were sarcastic or not. <3
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 1:16 am

Not the best place for this kind of exchange, you two.
Back to top Go down
Dearville
Helpless prey
Dearville

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 2:04 am

French snack wrote:
Not the best place for this kind of exchange, you two.

I agree. An argument isn't the right way. First of all I want to say that I don't care much about bad criticism. I'm an author of two books and many people told me that I am very good in writting. My personal problem is, perhaps you noticed it:

My english isn't the best of all. sweatdrop

I have written many Felarya-stories in my own language. But it would be difficult to translate them into english.
Back to top Go down
Vaderaz
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Vaderaz

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 2:11 am

Hehe, don't worry, some people like me started out here with almost not knowledge at all about english xD ... (just had the translator page constantly open ._. )
Welcome around the forum Dearville ^^'
Back to top Go down
http://vaderaz.deviantart.com/
Dearville
Helpless prey
Dearville

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 2:23 am

Of course, angel but a translater doesn't translate everything correctly.
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 8:30 am

Oh, writing in English will help you a lot. That and reading in English. The Discworld novels helped me in that. Razz

Anyway... yes, this is not the right place for an argument. Let's go back to saying hi to newcomers. They need some nice welcoming...
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
Dearville
Helpless prey
Dearville

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 9:23 am

Feadraug wrote:
Oh, writing in English will help you a lot. That and reading in English. The Discworld novels helped me in that. Razz

Anyway... yes, this is not the right place for an argument. Let's go back to saying hi to newcomers. They need some nice welcoming...

For sure. I read a lot of english novels. But since I haven't english in school anymore, it becomes more difficult. The daily teaching is lacking.
Back to top Go down
Vaderaz
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Vaderaz

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 10:33 am

In order to reassure you, I can tell that i learned more around here than in school P:
(I hated english at school though xD)
Back to top Go down
http://vaderaz.deviantart.com/
Dearville
Helpless prey
Dearville

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 3:21 am

Vaderaz wrote:
In order to reassure you, I can tell that i learned more around here than in school P:
(I hated english at school though xD)

Yeah Laughing. Now I have to find it out^^.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 5:15 pm

Sorry if I made you feel worried, and same to everyone else I've been greeting lately. >.< *bows apologetically* Please accept my apologies.
Back to top Go down
mephisto
Helpless prey
mephisto

PostSubject: Hello everyone   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 12:30 am

Hi I'm new here in the forum and it's a pleasure to meet all of you lol! l
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 1:01 am

Welcome, Mephisto!
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 1:44 am

Welcome Razz
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Dearville
Helpless prey
Dearville

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 6:17 am

mephisto wrote:
Hi I'm new here in the forum and it's a pleasure to meet all of you lol! l

Ditto. Welcome Wink
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 6:27 am

The more the merrier, so welcome to the forum, Mephisto. Remember to get comfy and have fun. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
MetaSkipper
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
MetaSkipper

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 10:35 am

Welcome! From one newbie to another!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next