Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"First Muslim Superhero by a Muslim American Artist."

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Stabs
Stabs

"First Muslim Superhero by a Muslim American Artist." Empty
PostSubject: "First Muslim Superhero by a Muslim American Artist."   "First Muslim Superhero by a Muslim American Artist." Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 9:24 am

http://www.splitmoonarts.com/

Aaaand that's just about it.

A quarterly comic, 18-24 pages every deliver, meant to provide wholesome family entertainment while carrying an underlying message that good is universal, and can't be tied to one nation, race, or creed.

You need to leave your name and e-mail address to download it for free. I'm still waiting to see if I'll have any after-effects from downloading it.

To me, this is affirmative action too much, but I know that Split Moon Arts does this entirely out of good will (and 'cause they like comics). Other than the premise, I don't see much promise. Their art is somewhat awkward, with anatomy that seemed a little disjointed to me. The scenarios also seemed way too basic.

But it's too early to tell if that's all- guess I'll have to wait and see if they do a good job with their comic. Maybe I'm judging too quickly, they've only released two issues so far.

Penny for your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: "First Muslim Superhero by a Muslim American Artist."   "First Muslim Superhero by a Muslim American Artist." Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 1:18 pm

Hmm. Can't see it doing any harm; might do some good.

It's not quite the first Muslim comicbook superhero, though. There were (and are) "the 99". Not sure how much of a readership they've got, though...
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: "First Muslim Superhero by a Muslim American Artist."   "First Muslim Superhero by a Muslim American Artist." Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 4:21 pm

French snack wrote:
It's not quite the first Muslim comicbook superhero, though. There were (and are) "the 99". Not sure how much of a readership they've got, though...

Not the first muslim comicbook superhero, but it is the first by a muslim american artist.
Back to top Go down
Greyman
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

PostSubject: Re: "First Muslim Superhero by a Muslim American Artist."   "First Muslim Superhero by a Muslim American Artist." Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 9:06 am

There's also Dust from the X-Men.

"First Muslim Superhero by a Muslim American Artist." 250px-DustProfile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "First Muslim Superhero by a Muslim American Artist."   "First Muslim Superhero by a Muslim American Artist." Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"First Muslim Superhero by a Muslim American Artist."
Page 1 of 1