Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Dream MMORPG I have/had...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Iyeru
Helpless prey

The Dream MMORPG I have/had... Empty
PostSubject: The Dream MMORPG I have/had...   The Dream MMORPG I have/had... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 8:02 am

...you know, I've had a dream MMORPG concept in my archives for quite some time. The MMORPG concept almost reminds me of Felarya:

Quote :
-- OpenPVP But without any repercussions / debuffs / gains / points / etc.

-- -- If a player is not flagged for PVP, you cannot attack them, and they cannot attack you. (No reprocussions means: No EXP Loss, no Item drops, etc.)

-- -- If a player is flagged for PVP, safe zones are only the big cities. NPC Villages are not considered safe. Dungeons will have a warning on them stating if they are PVP-able. Some maps you cannot PVP in at all (Racial starting areas.)

-- Items are bound when equipped. Dungeon items are not bound on pick-up.

-- All types of races, some people can make their own by combining human with some types of monsters that are compatible with human DNA (IE: Lamias, Harpies, etc.)

-- Persistent world with cache-ing.

-- -- IE: When you load an area. The cache for that area stays forever, to ease loading times and lag issues. This way you don't have to queue the server for area textures and whatnot. When you also first load a player's armor, customizations, etc. it is also cached in the same manner. You can delete any of the cache by removing it in the cache folder. The game will auto-remove cache for areas that have recently been updated, and flagged as "Updated" by the server. A small notification message will appear in the system chat box telling you that "This area has been recently updated, and cache has been deleted. Be advised that it may be slower for a minute or two."

-- Flying Mounts / Swimming Mounts

-- -- Some players who have chosen monster-human combinations (IE: Mermaids, Harpies, etc.) Could becomes mounts for other players if they allow themselves to (Request system. Both parties agree.) IE, Mermaids could hold a player within their bodies and swim far distances. (the non-mermaid player must have racial anti-flag off.) The mermaid also has a choice to swallow said player due to the reality of the game. Lamias can do the same for long-distance ground travel. Harpies can piggyback other characters across the sky.

-- Able to revive on spot without a cash shop item, and gain invincibility (or invisibility) for a short period of time, without the ability to cast skills, attacks, etc. (IE: A minute or two, instead of just a couple seconds.)

-- In the respect to the people who choose monster-kind characters, depending on your type, you can do things that they normally would do. IE: For Lamia / nagas, you could eat other players, and have them be damaged within your body until you either throw them up or they die within you. (IE: Real world skills, not just fantasy ones.)

-- -- This is separate of the "PVP" Flag however. Instead, you need a "Racial Skill Anti-Flag" which would disallow the use of these racial abilities on your character if the flag is on.

-- No lucky boxes / no fortune bags, and must release new cash shop content permanently, instead of a limited time.

-- Amazing graphics and customization (from skin, hair, eye color, to lip color, bust, height, horns, wings, lots of stuff.)

-- -- On top of this, you'd be able to choose an age-range for characters that show age (Humans, cat girls/boys, etc.) Some character combinations (IE: Succubi / Incubi) cannot age. However, a disguise skill might be added to do as such. (Via template making system. A Special Disguise crafting system.) However, the system would not age you from the age range you chose.

-- GUI customization (mold our own GUI without diverting much from the base, IE: Add custom borders, etc.)

-- First Person Point of view switching. Go from third to first person view easily with a keystroke.

-- Don't hide the characters / NPCs when you zoom in close to their models.

-- Allow us to upgrade weapons / armor manually rather than a +X system. Allow us to fine-tune our stats on said items, etc. IE: If we gain so many of these materials, we can add XX stat points. We can continue to gather said materials, but each time will require more of said materials, but same XX stat points added.

-- Allow us to manually spray paint our armor / weapons.

-- Allow us to interact with most of the landscape (but some of it resets over time. IE: If we smash a bridge, the NPCs eventually rebuild it.)

-- Weather effects, seasons, dusk, dawn, night, day.

-- All this in a fantasy / medieval setting.

-- Free to play forever.

-- -- Donations would be rewarded with tiered packages. (EXP Charms, etc.)

-- Open Source + Linux Client

-- Expansive Crafting.

-- No failure in crafting. But you have a chance to make a "dull" weapon / armor you can still sell or use.

-- -- Using Dull equipment in crafting in a "Supplement" slot, can increase crafting chance, and lower necessary needed items.

-- Account flags such as PVP / Racial Anti-Flag cannot be switched quickly, and must wait a day (24 hours) before re-switching. Offline time would not count.

-- Currency would be tiered, however only one kind: Platinum, Gold, Silver and Copper. 100 Gold = 1 Platinum. 1 Gold = 100 Silver. 1 Silver = 100 Copper.
Back to top Go down
http://envios.deviantart.com
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: The Dream MMORPG I have/had...   The Dream MMORPG I have/had... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 10:15 am

Folks have talked about what they'd like in a Felarya game, but the fact is, it'd take a lot of time, money, and resources to make one, an MMO especially, which would need constant support and a dedicated server to host it. Kiki's game, which is a modest RPG Maker project, has already taken years to construct, and it's still not released.

It'd be nigh impossible for us, the fans, with only maybe three of four of us with experience as game devs, to construct an MMORPG out of nothing.

Not saying it wouldn't be pretty cool, though >>;
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
Iyeru
Helpless prey

PostSubject: Re: The Dream MMORPG I have/had...   The Dream MMORPG I have/had... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 11:25 am

Depends on what you want to do really. there are three 3D Engines out there that can make 3D MMORPGs.

1: Blender (Offline games too) (Free, Open-Source)

2: WorldForge (Strictly Online) (Free, Open-Source, GPL, See below)

3: Unreal Engine (offline games too) (Free for Non-Commercial Use, See Below)

The second one is GPL, so if you make an MMORPG with it, you must release the source, no questions asked. The third one, if you desire to make money off of it, you must purchase a commercial license.

That's just the engine though. You'd have to do artwork, have coders, etc. But yeah, it would take a lot of time and effort, not so much "Money" per se.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: The Dream MMORPG I have/had...   The Dream MMORPG I have/had... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 11:45 am

It would take money. An MMORPG is a huge undertaking.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Iyeru
Helpless prey

PostSubject: Re: The Dream MMORPG I have/had...   The Dream MMORPG I have/had... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 11:47 am

Anime-Junkie wrote:
It would take money. An MMORPG is a huge undertaking.

Hence "not so much..." in that line. I'm well aware of server hosting and advertising.
Back to top Go down
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

PostSubject: Re: The Dream MMORPG I have/had...   The Dream MMORPG I have/had... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 12:21 pm

But, you don't seem to understand the difficulty of programming something. It's easy to say when event "x" happens do "y" but the coding that goes into such a statement isn't that easy. Programming is a time consuming process and to program something like this would take effort from multiple people working in tandem. Then you have to add in the animators to create the graphics. All the while these people would have to put in a huge amount of work without any kind of pay from it, and this just isn't something that is practical to do.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: The Dream MMORPG I have/had...   The Dream MMORPG I have/had... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 12:34 pm

Oh the server alone would cost at least 2500. It'd need to be a dedicated server, too.
Back to top Go down
Iyeru
Helpless prey

PostSubject: Re: The Dream MMORPG I have/had...   The Dream MMORPG I have/had... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 12:46 pm

buddha66667 wrote:
But, you don't seem to understand the difficulty of programming something. It's easy to say when event "x" happens do "y" but the coding that goes into such a statement isn't that easy. Programming is a time consuming process and to program something like this would take effort from multiple people working in tandem. Then you have to add in the animators to create the graphics. All the while these people would have to put in a huge amount of work without any kind of pay from it, and this just isn't something that is practical to do.

Not sure most programmers would like to code a vore-based MMORPG anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dream MMORPG I have/had...   The Dream MMORPG I have/had... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Dream MMORPG I have/had...
Page 1 of 1