Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Creatures of the Tundra

Go down 
+5
walkingbyself
Karbo
AisuKaiko
Slimetoad
Nyaha
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Qwuillin
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Qwuillin

Creatures of the Tundra - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creatures of the Tundra   Creatures of the Tundra - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 10:52 am

I just put 10ft because a Dromedary is about that height. I can make it smaller though, like 6ft or something?
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Creatures of the Tundra   Creatures of the Tundra - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 12:40 pm

LamiaSybaris wrote:
Also, hee! Snow leopard nekos! lol! The idea alone sounds adorable! Sure, use the gelly worms for food to your heart's content. Claws would probably help in catching them, too.
^_^ Claws are one thing they definitely have. Read the article HERE
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
LamiaSybaris
Helpless prey
LamiaSybaris

PostSubject: Re: Creatures of the Tundra   Creatures of the Tundra - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 10:34 pm

Qwuillin wrote:
I just put 10ft because a Dromedary is about that height. I can make it smaller though, like 6ft or something?
Hmm...That might work. Maybe it could be a sort of icy beast of burden that way. Smile

Nyaha - commented on the nekos. Hope the advice helps!
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Creatures of the Tundra   Creatures of the Tundra - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 2:49 pm

[quote="LamiaSybaris]Nyaha - commented on the nekos. Hope the advice helps! [/quote]
I appreciate it. Thank you. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Creatures of the Tundra   Creatures of the Tundra - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 9:53 am

Some great ideas here ! Razz
I especially liked the Gelly Worm. A curious and intriguing creature and the coating turned into an anti freeze balm was a nice touch ^^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
LamiaSybaris
Helpless prey
LamiaSybaris

PostSubject: Re: Creatures of the Tundra   Creatures of the Tundra - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 6:46 pm

Karbo wrote:
Some great ideas here ! Razz
I especially liked the Gelly Worm. A curious and intriguing creature and the coating turned into an anti freeze balm was a nice touch ^^

Thanks; we'll keep hitting you with more!

By the way, does Felarya have foxes and/or a foxy equivalent yet? Nyaha and I have both conceptualized nekos (my lynx nekos are still being polished), but after looking at the predator spread on tundras, it struck me that a (perhaps earless?) arctic fox-ish creature might work if we are in need of more cute, fuzzy things.

Also, plant life would be rare in an area like this...but that doesn't mean we can't get creative with lichens and so forth. Some tundra plants have red chlorophyll. There's a lot of potential here, even though tundras by nature have low biodiversity. (Hmm...maybe an icy mushroom is in order? Or, oho, how about an ice-cicada with a fungal parasite? Someone stop me before I get too crazy with this idea...)
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Creatures of the Tundra   Creatures of the Tundra - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 11:11 am

Well, Walkingbyself has created an idea for fox demi-humans called kitsune, and I think he's still fleshing out the idea. It's under New Ideas if you want to find it. Also, getting crazy with ideas is greatly appreciated. We need it around here. XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Creatures of the Tundra   Creatures of the Tundra - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Creatures of the Tundra
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2