Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Felaryan Knights

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nintenfan81
Tasty morsel
Nintenfan81

Felaryan Knights Empty
PostSubject: Felaryan Knights   Felaryan Knights Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 10:09 pm

Hello again! This time I'm posting my first Felaryan piece. For the record, it is outdated and does not meet my current standards of quality. I plan to rewrite the series soon, but at the moment I'm a bit busy with school work to write anything.

As a note, which may not come up in this chapter, I am aware now that bullets do indeed hurt giants. This is rather confused on DA, and I decided it was best to go with what was in my eyes the least dangerous path and make them do jack s%$@.

Please leave criticism for me Smile It may not be as good as I currently write, but I can still learn from it. Without further ado,

Felaryan Knights: CH 1

"Commander, left wing stabilizers are out! We're gonna crash!"

Commander Lara Shie pulled herself from the bridge deck, using her command chair as leverage. Whatever just happened, it shook the Grand Haven enough to send the Knight to the floor. She shook her head to clear it and immediately took charge again.

"What's the situation Captain?" Captain Andrew "Volt Rail" Gunner turned his head away from the forward view port to look at her.

"A trans-dimensional Gateway opened in front of us while in route to Arcis, and we've transitioned from Proto-space. Left wing stabilizer was jarred loose by the speed change and is un-responsive." Lara slammed her fist into her chair.

"Kross! We can't steer! Wait, stabilizers? We only need those when-"

"Correct ma'am. We are in-atmosphere of an unidentified planet."

"What's the ETA of impact?"

"Four minutes."

"Alright I want everything we can pull out loaded onto the Dropships, equip the extra Rover and JAVALEN tanks with drop-shock thrusters and supply every Marine with Momentum-breaker heel packs. If we can fit any on the ships after the Navy personnel, do so. Use cargo space on artillery to store extra weapons and ammo, along with tier two ration supplies. All ships will carry the remaining food, water and equipment." Gunner acknowledged his orders.

"What about you ma'am?"

"I'll going in with the paratroopers, and I hereby relinquish command of all ships to you. In case we lose comms we'll meet up at the crash site. Good luck Captain." Gunner saluted as she turned to head for the nearest airlock.

"Yes ma'am, thank you ma'am!" Lara didn't know what he did next, as the bridge doors closed behind her. Obviously he completed his instructions quickly, because by the time she got to the airlock a company of thirty soldiers were waiting for her.

"Commander, we're prepped and ready to drop. Awaiting your order."

"Right. Give me five seconds." Lara began quickly attaching a wire frame exoskeleton to her armor from a nearby locker. When the last piece of the strength boosting machine was locked in place she donned her mask and grabbed her pack before moving to the now open door.

"We got two minutes till impact. The engineers are rushed, so the fusion core may not deactivate properly. If there's one thing I've learned over the years, it's that you do NOT want to be in the air when a Crystosis generator goes critical less than five miles away from you. You get to the ground as fast as you can, and don't use the momentum breakers till you are three yards from the surface. Now let's go!"

All thirty soldiers raised their fists in the air and cheered. Their battle cry did not quite as they charged after their commander, who ran through the airlock, grabbed a rail rifle from the weapons rack and leaped gracefully into the open air. Wind wiped her jet black hair and sun gleamed off the silver chain mail of her armor as she dove through the empty air, arms spread wide and weapons slung across her back. Looking to her right she saw the stream of marines pouring out of every airlock, land vehicles racing out of hangers into open air with every atmosphere enabled star fighter flying over them, and Dropships sliding out of their chutes in the ship's bottom. Every vehicle, save the hover tanks, activated their landing thrusters and began to slow themselves enough for a safe landing. The Knight returned her gaze to the planet's surface, confident that Gunner could command her artillery while they were still in the air- the man was a tactical genius in the skies- and received a shock. Everywhere she looked from her two mile high vantage point there were trees. A massive jungle, covering almost the entire planet, sprawled out before her.

"Kross, this better not be Iyre. I've had enough of this place during the invasion…" Putting aside her grumblings, Lara focused on the two major problems before her: finding a safe place to land her troops, and praying that the Haven's core would hold out. There simply wasn't enough time to get to the ground before the crashing ship did. If they were in the air when a Crysto-Atomic explosion went off- Lara shuddered, unable to complete the thought.

As her mental clock approached the end of the Grand Haven's flight, she took one last look at her vessel. The tips of its lower wings began to skim the tree tops before it disappeared beyond a hill. Seconds later a deafening boom resounded across the land, sending birds flying into the air for miles around. Though sad from the destruction of her beloved Star Castor, Lara's relief that the core held out flooded through her and drowned out every other emotion. Now not worried about reaching the ground quickly she angled herself in a sloping dive that would take her closer to the impact zone. The small 3D map in the visor of her mask showed that the soldiers followed her example. She took the opportunity of her last minute in the air to gather information on the land. As for landmarks, directly to her left there was a massive settlement, which seemed to be heavily fortified. After that was a very, very large tree that could prove useful as a navigational reference. She was going to land in a stretch of forest, about three miles in from the edge, which was bordering a river. Sensors told her that background radiation was normal and quite safe, technology was at varying levels and isolated in spots miles apart from each other, while inversely life readings were off the charts and everywhere. Air temperature was seventy-eight degrees Fahrenheit, Air humidity was… useless information at the moment, so she skipped it. There were four thousand soldiers aboard the Grand Haven, but she could only sense two thousand forty. This did not concern her; she could tell by sight there were many more beyond her range. By the time she finished processing all the info their distance to the ground had been considerably cut, leaving the company close to the trees, then closer, then uncomfortably close.

"Touchdown in ten seconds, warm up momentum breakers!" Lara flipped herself around so her feet were pointing towards the forest floor, and with her mask's sensors chose a thinner area of leaves to land in before cannon balling straight through the foliage. She broke through the tree's crown, crashed through thin branches and countless leaves, then looked… down. Way down. The trees of this forest were massive, way bigger than any tree should ever be. Each one was as tall- no, bigger than the largest tree on Giantica. The realization struck her like a fist: she was in uncharted territory. Outside the Bi-Solar System.

She was lost.

"Crap, I don't have time to think about this." Pushing the thought from her mind she focused on safely landing on the alien world. When she was twenty feet from the ground a high pitched whine came from the sole of her right foot. When she was five feet from the ground it peaked, and her foot exploded.

The six powerful Blast Thrusters embedded in its sole completely canceled out her momentum, leaving her hanging in the air for a split second. While there she could hear the over-sized, ankle-mounted Blast Thrusters they called momentum breakers activate for all the soldiers immediately behind her, saving them from splattering against the ground at terminal velocity. Then, gravity took over and she fell the last few feet to the forest floor.

She wasn't on the ground even a second before something tried to eat her.

Four minutes earlier
Felaryan Forest

Emyla was hungry. Her last meal had already moved on in her digestive system, leaving her stomach empty and growling.

"Stupid humans. They think just because I'm their size I can't eat them. Ha!" Like most Dridders, she typically sucked the blood of her victims, making delicious humans her prime targets. Deciding to do something about her hunger, she thrust her left hand into a nearby bush, so fast it was nothing more than a blur. Withdrawing the appendage, she brought it up to her eyes to examine her snack: a Tomthumb, almost three inches tall.

"Hmmm, not as filling as a human, but you'll do!" Ignoring the screaming protests of the surprised Tinie, Emyla brought him up over her mouth, dangling him over the dark void of her gullet. Before she could drop him however, a ground shakingly loud roar tore through the air and assaulted her ear drums. She tossed her would-be snack away and covered her ears to dampen the pain. Soon enough the noise subsided as whatever caused it passed over and away from her. Curious, she began climbing the nearest tree, her snack forgotten. When she breached the top leaves her gaze was drawn to one of those human Iron-Birds that they always had around them, with black smoke billowing out of its left wing, and it was getting further from her and closer to the ground by the second. After taking a few seconds to observe it she looked up to find something wonderful.

"A feast!" she called out in excitement. "There must be hundreds, no thousands of them! They're all falling into my territory… oh this is going to be fun!" Giddy at the prospect of food, she began hopping from branch to branch, heading in the direction of the falling meals. With her knowledge of the terrain it took her only a minute to reach the spot they would land. Hiding halfway up behind one of the trees, she waited to ambush the leading human. With her special Felarya sense she could "see" her prey crash through the upper branches and fall way, way down. When the morsel was about as far from the ground as Emyla's young dryad friend was tall a strange noise started to pick up in her ears. It was annoying, like a dog whistle was to a dog, but nothing painful. When her soon-to-be victim was high enough that she could stand on the Dridder's last victim's shoulders, Emyla whipped around the trees trunk and dropped in a collision course to the armored woman below her. While in the air the knight-like leader's foot exploded downward in six blindingly bright, white streams of fire. Foot seemingly undamaged, her increasingly strange prey hung in the air for a split second as thousands of other explosions rang around the trees. Soon it finished its fall and finally touched down to the ground.

And then Emyla was upon her.

She had it all planed out perfectly. Falling at the angle she was, she would slam straight into her prey's back, using her outstretched hand to smash its head into the ground, and bind it with her webs while it was stunned. She smiled, saliva dripping in her mouth at the thought of catching ten, maybe even fifteen and bring them home to her tree, where she could feast on them in safety. Her body only inches from her appetizer, Emyla was seconds away from beginning a large meal by a giant's standards.

It was in that second that everything went horribly wrong.

With speeds even faster than when Emyla caught the Tombthumb mere minutes before, the human turned to its right to face the Dridder, arm held high at a ninety degree angle with her hand facing outward. That hand closed over Emyla's and used strength literally inhuman to squeeze, with a force so great the bones in her arm shattered from the pressure in her hand. It continued its motion, coming around to a full 360 before smashing the battered spider girl into a tree. The last thing Emyla heard before passing out were the words of her prey-turned-predator muttering to herself the words:

"Crap, now I'll never get rid of my alias."

Military log, Entry One, Date 6-15-4391 NC
by Commander Lara "Myth Slayer" Shie
Acting Officer of S.S. Grand Haven (Crash Landed)

Things are crazy here, whereever 'here' is. We don't know any specifics yet, but it seems like someone, or something, opened a Trans-Dimensional Gateway portal in front of us while we were traveling through Proto-space. The transition from Faster-than Light to MACH Thirteen shook us hard, knocked most of us to the deck and disabled the flight stabilizer. We crashed on this planet, but that's the strangest thing. We were light hours away from any Planetary Shadow, but we were inside the atmosphere the second we came through. And besides that there is no known world with trees this large and life this… weird. Moments after touching down I was by the strangest creature I have ever seen. Half human, half spider, the monster attempted to ambush and presumably devour me. It was surprisingly strong for such a thin woman, but was still easy to defeat. Unfortunately, spider girl is now alongside giant and dragon on the list of things I've beaten, securing my title of "Myth Slayer" Shie.

On the tactical situation, three thousand twenty-four of the four thousand soldiers survived the crash and are accounted for. There are most likely many more safe on board ships under Gunner's care, but I have yet to secure communication with him. We have four confirmed dead and six wounded from branch collision and momentum breaker malfunctions. All three hundred units of heavy artillery survived the landing, though seventeen are inoperable from easy to fix yet debilitating damages. Only two need to be fixed immediately, a Hover tank with a cross-coiled gravity diffuser and a Rover tank with a broken tread. All others can be towed by working vehicles while being operated on. The infantry paratroopers and I will rendezvous with them during the repair time, and then we shall move on to the Grand Haven impact site where we will decide our long term plan there.

End Log Entry
Back to top Go down
EdgedWeapon
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
EdgedWeapon

Felaryan Knights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Knights   Felaryan Knights Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 11:08 am

Good stuff, even if it is still a bit old. You don't need to mention what happens to air troopers during a crysto-atomic explosion twice though. Once is more than enough to establish that it's bad.
Back to top Go down
Nintenfan81
Tasty morsel
Nintenfan81

Felaryan Knights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Knights   Felaryan Knights Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 7:57 pm

Hmm? Twice? I though I didn't even say it once! :p

Thanks for the comment!
Back to top Go down
Nintenfan81
Tasty morsel
Nintenfan81

Felaryan Knights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Knights   Felaryan Knights Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 9:04 pm

Hello everyone! Here's chapter 2, not much else new to say. You know, except COMMENT YOU FILTHY DOGS I CAME HERE FOR CRITIQUE NOT NUMBERS!

Felaryan Knights

Emyla woke up. That was shocking in itself; when you lost consciousness in Felarya you didn't regain it. She opened her eyes, trying to get a sense of where she was. The Dridder had been dumped in the corner of a rectangular room, made of that metal stuff humans were so fond of. There were two doors in the room, one at the other end of the hall and one to her left. Besides a bunch of boxes, also made of metal, pushed up to the walls on either side she was completely alone, a perfect opportunity to escape. Emyla pushed herself up from the cold steel floor, then collapsed back down in the most intense pain she had ever felt.

"Gaaah!" A cry escaped her lips before her instinct to stay quiet could stop her, an act she instantly regretted. The hatch on the other side of the room swung open to reveal a predator. It was horrible, in that moment more terrifying than any naga. It was not giant, in fact were she to stand up Emyla would be taller than it. But everything about it screamed to her Death. Destruction. Violence. War. Clad in a dull grey metal from head to toe, there was no indicator whether it was an armored human or some horrible machine built to kill. Dozens of overlapping plates shifted as it took three steps into the room and raised its arm in her direction. She could see the glint of a serrated razor blade retracted over where the nail would be on the finger it had pointed at her.

"Stop moving before you die monster girl." Its voice was strange, to soft for how loud it was, like it had been amplified, but it also had a mechanical tinge to it. Emyla was horrified at its threat, and tears began to stream down her cheeks as she stared into the black visor of its helmet, curved upward and giving off a permanent sense of hostility. The worst part was just above that however. An axe-like blade was mounted on the forehead, rising an inch above the rest of the helmet and ending midway down the visor, directly between where the eyes would lay. It made it perfectly clear there was nothing on the soldier's body not made for the express purpose of killing.

"What are you crying fo… Oh I see." The armor-clad terror moved its hands up to the helmet. There was a click, followed by the soft hisss of in-rushing air before it removed it to reveal the face of a woman. A beautiful woman at that, with fair white skin, deep green eyes, and golden blond hair, tied in a short ponytail. "That was a warning, not a threat. If you move too much your injuries could worsen and become fatal." The soldier woman flashed her a warm, brilliant smile that was mirrored in her eyes.

"My name is Jasmine, and I promise as long as you are under Lara's care nothing will kill you." Jasmine closed the distance between them and knelt next to the wounded Dridder. "However…" Fast and unexpected, like a strike of lightning, Jasmine's fist flashed out and connected with Emyla's jaw, lashing her head back and sending splatters of blood and tooth fragments against the wall. The fist opened into a hand and caught her throat, pulling it back till their faces were less than an inch from each other. All the warmth in her eyes was gone, replaced by an odd mix of fiery passion and cold determination. "If you ever attack the Commander again I promise you I will rip out every one of your legs roast them over a fire and then force feed them to you. Do you understand me?" She nodded slowly with tears flowing anew, terror filling her heart once again. A sigh came from the door to Emyla's left.

"Major." Both turned their heads to see Lara leaning in the doorway, forest scenery scrolling past behind her. Jasmine stood and gave a quick solute before returning her hand to her side.

"Sorry Ma'am. I forgot to tell you she woke up." The Knight shook her head and walked over to them.

"I'm more upset with your treatment of her. Six broken legs, a shattered arm and a cracked abdomen and you try to break her jaw on top of that?" Jasmine was obviously stung by the clear displeasure in Lara's voice, but she hung to that determination nonetheless.

"I apologize for my behavior Ma'am; however that is one promise I intend to keep." Lara sighed again, and then turned her attention to Emyla.

"I'm sorry for the way she treated you. She's very… zealous, about her debt to me. Do you need any food, water, maybe answers to some questions?" Finally Emyla had a chance to find out what was going on, and she didn't plan on wasting it.

"W-who are you?! And where am I?!" She flinched as Jasmine glared at her for the disrespect in her voice, before Lara rebuked her with a glare of her own.

"I am Knight Commander Lara Shie of the Crystalline Order, and this is Major Jasmine Aquos, my second in command. Specifically you are aboard JAVALEN Anti-Structural Rail Cannon number Two-Thirteen. Besides that, we are the ones who need to be told where we are. I was hoping you could help us with that." The Dridder stuttered a bit, surprised.

"You, you don't… know?" Both of the Military women shook their heads in answer to her question. "Well, you're in Felarya. Which for a human, means you're in Hell." The humans looked at each other for a brief second, before turning back to their captive.

"Why?"

And then the screams started.

Screaming and gunfire were never good signs.

"Seal the hatch and guard her!" Lara ordered the Major before leaping out of the mobile cannon and running as fast as she could to the source of the noise; the front of their convoy. As she weaved through the many vehicles she drew two Foot-long cylinders from her belt, one in each hand. Finally she reached the front and skidded to a stop, shocked at what she saw. Two armored legs disappeared between a pair of lips. Utterly, unbelievably massive lips. The soldier disappeared as a bulge down an equally massive throat as hands swept down to grab even more troopers. It was a man, gigantic beyond compare crouching close to the forest floor, wearing little more than a cloth over his groin.

And he was eating her men.

"HEY! What the Kross are you doing!?!" The giant paused, as if surprised his food was talking to him, before giving her an amused smile.

"What? I'm just enjoying my lunch." Lara raised her arm and pointed her forefinger at him, while the rest of her hand remained securely gripping the cylinder.

"LIKE HELL YOU ARE! Spit them out now!" He chuckled softly before answering.

"No. In fact, you look tasty yourself." Before she knew what was happening Lara found herself up forty feet in the air, arms pinned to her sides by the warm flesh of the giant's hand. To her credit, even when she did realize what was happening she stayed perfectly calm.

"Put me down and spit them out. Now." There was a twinkling in his great brown eyes; he was enjoying his game.

"Well when you put it that way… still no. You aren't being very logical. Why should I give up my lunch?"

"Because if you don't I'll kill you." The hostility of her words and the passiveness of her voice contrasted so greatly it was almost comical. To the giant, it was more than "almost."

"Hahahahahaha! Kill me? You're very funny little human! You're quite cocky as well. Perhaps you should be more realistic."

"Maybe I am being realistic, and youare the cocky one." He made a low grunt, the amusement gone from his great eyes. He wiped his dark hair from his eyes before replying.

"This is boring now. Goodbye." He opened his mouth and moved the hand that held Lara near it.

"Wait." He paused for a second, then let out a heavy sigh.

"Yes?"

"How did you get this big?" He raised his eyebrow and with an incredulous look told her:

"I'm a giant. I was born this way."

"I've fought with and against many giants, and the tallest was thirty feet. You're well over a hundred."

"Don't care" Once again he brought Lara up to his giant lips, prepared to eat her.

"Wait." He whipped her back down to where he could see her, his face cross with annoyance. His displeasure was mirrored in his voice.

"What!"

"This is your last chance to surrender."

"YOU! ARE! FOOD! ACCEPT IT ALREADY!"

"So you won't surrender then?" He did not respond, but simply glared at her with pure hatred in his eyes. This time it was Lara's turn to sigh. "Fine, but just know that I really was the realistic one. I've had fifty cannons aimed at you the entire time."

With his last chance gone she didn't even wait for him to respond, and immediately after she finished her sentence two blazing spears of red energy pierced his palm and fingers, burning away flesh and bone. With a cry of agony he released her, and while in the air she swung her Kross saber in a slashing motion, pointing it at the devourer of men and cried "JAVALENs fire!" Instantly fifty different three-ton shells, each traveling twenty times the speed of sound, left the muzzles of the cannons and sliced through the giant's chest. He flew back, carried by the collective force of the ammunition and landed with a great *thud*. With his last moments he witnessed Lara, standing on his face and looking down into his eye declare to him:

"I am a Knight, a Shield to defend Justice, A Sword to strike against Evil. A Haven for the Weak."

And then he was no more.

Military Command Log, Entry Two, date 6-16-4391
By Knight Commander Lara "Myth Slayer" Shie
Acting Officer of S.S. Grand Haven (Crash-Landed)

This is the second time something has tried to eat me. First the Spider-girl, Emyla, and now a giant. But this giant was strange. I've studied the Gigantosous event, and I know how the serum works. Each injection adds roughly their original height to how tall they currently are, but the third injection is lethal, even if it was an ancestor that had the first two shots. And the tallest giant in history was thirty-seven feet, a freak of nature. The one we faced today was a hundred and six. His diet seemed to consist mainly of humans, as I witnessed him eat one of my soldiers. No-one died however, because we were able to cut into his stomach and retrieve a total of twelve troopers and one civilian, who was severely burned by acid. We are keeping him in the same JAVALEN as Emyla. Our victory today came from one very simple fact: he was stupid. He attacked us at the front of an artillery line, where three hundred different heavy guns were poised and ready to kill. He also pinned me with my Sabers pointed outward, so I was able to escape at anytime. Moving on to another subject, Sergeant Jasmine Aquos applied Crysto-salve to Emyla's wounds and they have begun to heal. Returning with her health is her natural cockiness-er… confidence and she has begun answering (and asking) questions without fear. We are on a world called Felarya, in an entirely different dimension than our own. It is populated by many different creatures like for example humans, cat-people called Nekos, half-human half-snake creatures called Nagas (Emyla didn't seem to view them fondly), and Dridders like Emyla herself. The greatest threat comes from the giant predators like the one we met today. The prospect is rather freighting, as my Versus Giant war tactics, though still valid, are much harder to accomplish with the size shift. I think I may have to build an entirely new weapon to make it easier, as we cannot use our precious ammunition as recklessly as we did today. We have the technology and equipment to create more, so long as we have the raw materials, which we don't. For now we will continue making our way to the Grand Haven, and make our long-term plans from ther- wait… I am receiving a call from the Captain.

End Log Entry

Military Command Log, Entry Two, Addition One.
Captain Gunner was able to secure 370 soldiers aboard various ships, leaving sixteen unaccounted for. They were most likely eaten, dead or alive, as we have gotten no contact from any of them. He has sent scout ships to the crash site, and they report that sensors detect multiple human-sized life forms taking shelter within the wreck. They did not confirm this however as sensors, and their eyes, tell them there are also multiple giant predators laying siege to the ship's new residents. Since he does not have the firepower to deal with them the Captain is sending a portion of the H.A.I./V.T. dropship fleet to swap out 15 JAVALENs, 40 Hover tanks, and 60 Rover tanks for 200 L.A.I.T.s, and 30 HumanaSolos. When everything is said and done I will be able to seat every single one of my 3,024 soldiers with plenty of room to spare, even after cargo is loaded.
Final Statistics
Lara: 3,024 soldiers (counting 702 pilots)
35 JAVALEN Heavy Rail Cannons
85 Hover tanks
65 Rover tanks
200 L.A.I.T. Transports
30 HumanaSolo One-man Tanks
1 H.A.I./V.T. dropship
416 total vehicles
2 months worth of rationed supplies for current convoy population.
Gunner: 370 Soldiers (plus 4,999 Air Force pilots, plus 60 Navy personnel)
1,500 P-88 Multi Purpose Star Fighters
1,500 P2-1 Multi Purpose Star Fighters
1,999 H.A.I./V.T. dropships
4,999 total ships
15 JAVALEN Heavy Rail Cannons
40 Hover tanks
60 Rover Tanks
70 HumanaSolo One-man Tanks
185 Total Vehicles
Total Casualties
4 KIA
16 MIA