Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules)

Go down 
+5
EvilGenius
McKindle
Nyaha
Anime-Junkie
Roxanne
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
EvilGenius
Marauder of the deep jungle

Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules)   Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 6:16 pm

"Whats your name?" Damon asks with a wide grin.
"You're pretty good at that, do you have a blade of your own?" he asks rummaging through the parcels strung around his waist, before pulling out a dagger about the width of finger, with bright red pommel stone.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules)   Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 2:30 pm

"I'm Naharou, but most people call me Nyaha. Nice to meet you!" Nyaha said, delighted the man joined in his game. "Yeah, I have lot's of blades." Nyaha proceeded to draw knife after dagger after blade after sword from the sleeves of his shirt. After about a dozen or so in a small pile of blades beside him, he stretched the cuff of his shirt over the pile and scooped it back inside his sleeve. "I have more, but a bigger pile would've been harder to clean up."
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
EvilGenius

PostSubject: Re: Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules)   Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 3:46 pm

Damon sighed ''I almost thought I had to give up my best lock pick, but now I'm really curious, how do you keep all them in there, and how do you avoid slitting your wrists?" He placed his dagger back in its sachel and glanced at Jason.
"Perhaps we should go talk to spasm, He really looks worried."
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules)   Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 11:06 am

"It's dimensional magic. An elder in Nekomura enchanted the sleeves with it before he gave it to me," the neko answered. He then looked over at 'spasm'. That's a weird name. Or was it a nickname? Eh, either way maybe he was right. Nyaha cartwheeled over to Jason and greeted him in a casual manner. "So, what'cha thinkin'?"
Back to top Go down
Slick46
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Introduce Ella    Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 3:42 pm

Ella looked on in horror at the naga's actions. Normally she's intervene but these were slavers and she tended to hold a grudge. She'd been silent as to draw attention to herself. She was normally very flamboyant but not today. She just wanted to lay low and not get eaten.

"Now I have time to sneak away." the young fox neko growled. As she made her way out of the caravan she heard the blubbering of the slavers. She found a tiny voice in the back of her head.

"Karma I'll save some orphans from a burning building. Just leave me alone." As she tried to sneak away she realized something. Her sword was not with her. She remembered that one of the slavers took it from her. She looked back at the naga who was stuffing her face. Sticking out out of the ground below her was Ella's sword.

"Right. So I guess we're doing the direct method." She crept along the ground stealthy. She made her to her sword that was lodged in the dirt. As she reached for the sword a large tail nearly crushed her. She looked up at the naga.
Back to top Go down
McKindle
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
McKindle

PostSubject: Re: Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules)   Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 4:23 am

Jason lurched backwards as the cartwheeling neko's tail whisked perilously close to his nose. Adjusting his glasses in embarrassment, he realised the neko had addressed him.

"Ah... N-nothing much. Just about how much I'd rather be anywhere else instead of here, heh. Y-you seem calm. Any chance you've got an interdimensional portal somewhere up those sleeves as well?"

Jason started to chuckle, hollowly and humourlessly, at his own desperate joke, before the thunderous sound of a huge tail smacking the soil cut him short.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules)   Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 10:45 am

Unperturbed by the tail slamming, or perhaps simply not noticing it, Nyaha laughed at Jason's joke, and replied, "No, but I'm definitely keeping my eye out for one! Nevermind my calmness, you seem all jittery." He then noticed his own neko tail twitching around behind him and laughed. "And it's getting contagious!"
Back to top Go down
Roxanne
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Roxanne

PostSubject: Re: Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules)   Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 12:29 pm

Roxanne was so busy enjoying the slavers,both their taste (which was exquisite) and thier struggles (which were evem better), she didn't notice her tail thump down. But when she felt something underneath it, sh looked down, the last of the slavers tucked safely away in her belly, where he could never harm anyone again.

"Why, hello there." she smiled. "Somehow I seemed to have missed you." she reached down and scooped up the neko.
Back to top Go down
EvilGenius

PostSubject: Re: Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules)   Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 1:49 pm

Damon thought to himself, Nyaha can handle this better than I can, after all i was just a slaver a little bit ago. twitch doesn't want to talk to me. Damon quickly looked up at the sound of Roxanne's voice, then calmed down, It was a slave,as long as it was respectful it probably wouldn't be a snack. Perhaps he should ask for freedom, standing around was tiresome, and he still had to find a city. That would be too forward, he would have to wait until her attention was turned on him again, then again it could assist the neko...No helping her just put himself in danger again, if she was unable to work her was out of this, even with a head start, then maybe it was just her time to die. He was staying out of this he still needed to work on his escape, which he worked hard to get this far with, no wait saving the neko would show that character the naga wanted to see, so it would still help him!
"Hey Roxanne, are you done with me? Can I leave?"
That would distract her, and answer my question, just please please don't be stupid, it could kill us both.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules)   Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 2:44 pm

Nyaha then jumped, yelped, and held his chest at the sound of the nearby tail slamming, which had actually happened a few moments ago. He was acting like his reaction was delayed in an attempt to make Jason laugh, and hopefully loosen up the man's nerves a little bit. Nyaha knew that in situations like this, it was always best to keep a calm, clear head, and the use of humor usually helped the blond neko in particular to do just that.
Back to top Go down
McKindle
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
McKindle

PostSubject: Re: Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules)   Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 4:34 pm

Jason stared, the full whites of his eyes on display, first at Roxanne clutching the female slave, then back to Nyaha standing next to him. The corner of Jason's mouth twitched with perhaps the faintest suggestion of an involuntary smile - he really did appreciate the neko's calmness and sincerity, especially when it made such a good counterbalance to his own excessive worrying. The neko was being genuinely selfless in trying to help him calm down, and it was touching.

However, it didn't do anything to help the poor slave now being grasped by the naga. He turned his head back just as Damon strode closer to Roxanne to address her. God, he respected him. That boldness. Courage and the desire to tell Roxanne to put the slave down flared briefly in his own heart; before it was quashed by the consistent fear that so plagued him. Nervously, he took a step closer to the Nyaha, paused momentarily, then leaned in to whisper hoarsely in his big brown ears.

"C-can't we do anything about that? S-Shouldn't we?"
Back to top Go down
Slick46
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules)   Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 7:40 pm

"Ah, well yes. I'm Ella one of the last fox nekos that I know of. I'd love to stay in chat but there are some orphans I have to rescue from a burning building somewhere. So if you wouldn't mind putting me down, I'll just get my over sized cake knife and leave." Ella said formally. She jumped eagerly out of the naga's hand despite the height and landed perfectly on her feet. She then outstrechted both her arms and said
"She looks to the judges for her score! And a perfect ten! The crowd is going nuts!" She then began to make cheering noises with her mouth to the amusement of the others though not the naga. Ella picked up her sword.
She'd hoped the Naga hadn't heard about how wonderful tasting fox nekos are. It was because of this her people were hunted to near extinction. Or maybe they were just hiding. Fox nekos were very clever and also not right in the head. They were insane and had a "all or nothing" mentality. But, Ella had managed to retain some sanity if only a little. It was enough not to be considered possessed.

"So yeah, It's been fun but again those damn combustible orphans . See you in the later days."
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules)   Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 9:16 am

Nyaha suddenly threw up his arms, nearly conking Jason in the nose, and began cheering for the foxy girl. First a "Yeaaaah!" and then a "Woohooo!!" and ending with a "Whoo whoo whoo whoo whoo!" He then giggled at his own silliness and that of the fox-neko. (BTW, my friend has created an idea for half-fox demi-humans called "kitsune" if you want to check it out. ;3) He then said to Jason, "I think she's got it covered."
Back to top Go down
Roxanne
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Roxanne

PostSubject: Re: Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules)   Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 9:36 am

Roxanne laughed. Laughed and laughed and laughed.

"Why, little one, your bravery is outstanding. I am amazed." she giggled.

"I would, under normal circumstances free you, those dang combustible orphans need saving, don't they?" she smiled. "But, I have heard many conflicting accounts about your kind, and one of them is you are incredibly delicious." she looked down at her, the hunger almost apparent in her eyes. "And since you are probably the only one I'll ever meet..."
Back to top Go down
EvilGenius

PostSubject: Re: Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules)   Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 12:14 pm

"HEY HEY HEY HEY, slow down you didn't even give her a chance to defend herself!"Damon was amazed he never saw the cruel side of her before this, maybe he just didn't want to..."She just displayed the valuable traits of bravery, and insanity, all in one. She at least deserves a chance at life." Damon was thinking as fast as his brain would allow, why was he saving her, he was practically inviting the executioner to take a swing, and she hadn't even answered his previous questions. He had no loyalties to this neko, no debts to repay, hell he hadn't even noticed her before. His brain was screaming to take it back, but it was too late he simply had to wait on her response. Perhaps this could work in his advantage, besides if he survived this encounter, and the neko put her guard down he could pinch the sword, that would repay her debt to him. if she died, he would just take it.Yes, that sword would be his motivation.
Back to top Go down
Roxanne
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Roxanne

PostSubject: Re: Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules)   Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 12:45 pm

"Oh, don't worry, I will give her a perfect chance, just as fair as the rest of you. I'm just saying, I'm not going to let her off. And why do you care so much about her, slaver?" Roxanne looked up at him, speaking with an even, pleasant voice. "She was, not too long ago, just another slave to sell."
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules)   Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 2:19 pm

"It's in the heat of situations like this that people learn the most about themselves," Nyaha said, commenting on Damon's recent outburst. "And we get to learn about him, too.! Nifty, huh?" Nyaha is a little complacent in this aspect. He believes he knew everything about himself, and he is likely right. The fact that he no longer has anything new to learn about himself makes him all the more interested in other people. "This Damon might not be such a bad after all," Nyaha thought. "Not that I ever thought he would be bad." But about that fox-neko. They were rare. In fact, Nyaha could barely remember ever even hearing about them before. He couldn't sit by and watch a race take another step toward extinction. No, that would go against all the principles of individuality he holds so dear. "If her situation gets too bad," thought Nyaha, "Maybe I'll use my bladed tops."
Back to top Go down
EvilGenius

PostSubject: Re: Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules)   Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 2:30 pm

"I have no idea, at first I thought it was the thief wanting the sword, but that would be much easier to get if she was dead. Perhaps I really am changing if only slightly, though you did give her more a reason to fear than the other for lack of a better word, slaves. Fear clouds the mind, risks judgement and can change the tide of a situation within moments. It is often the deciding factors in wars as well. to tel;l her things such as that take away one of the few advantages a being of our size have. As far as the slave, slaver comment is concerned, I would prefer if you dropped the topic entirely. this is clearly not the best time to speak of such things. You want to continue it i gladly will, but at a later date when there are not other ears to be prying. especially ears like those belonging to twitch, who I suggest you release. Humans have a certain tendency to snap when under extreme mental pressure, and that could leave his mind more twisted than your opinion of me. He could forget who he is his family, even his "moral code". It would be a waste of what I assume to be a good human." Wow that was bolder than he thought he could go, he was really sticking his neck out now.
Back to top Go down
McKindle
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
McKindle

PostSubject: Re: Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules)   Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 2:57 pm

Jason had zoned out. Despite trying to keep up with the drama-laced conversation his mind returned endlessly to something Roxanne had said that had been swallowed up in the tide of events. "I will give her a perfect chance, just as fair as the rest of you." She had said it oh so casually. What did it mean for them? For him?

He snapped back to reality with a visible jolt when he heard the name "Twitch". He had hoped it wouldn't stick. More to the point, Damon was once again dragging the limelight to himself, and now he was arguing for Jason's own release? He secretly wanted to give Damon the same outrageous applause that Nyaha had bestowed upon the other neko... Best not, though. The thought reminded him of the presence of his energetic companion - Jason subtly started to sidle and inch his way to standing behind Nyaha. The action was practically meaningless, but it helped him calm down and drive his focus back to the convoluted wordplay unfurling in front of him.
Back to top Go down
Slick46
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules)   Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 6:02 pm

"Oh my Mr. Slaver! No need to worry about any hard feelings. My attention span is much too short to hold a grudge." Ella said in high spirits. She walked over to Damon and then whispered so softly in his ear.
"Just remember more sand can be added to the hour glass." She then turned her attention back to the naga.

"Right so pleading for my life here yes? Okay that's fine. But I must establish something first. I had a friend, a very dear friend who was swallowed up by a monster as well. Now I promised him that I would find a way to save him. Seeing that as a pre exciting contract it takes importance over anything that is afterward agreed. So if I should loose your favor and you decide to eat me I must ask that you do it at a later date. Besides, should I fail my mission I wouldn't want to continue living anyways. Even if I should succeed I will still honor my word and let you eat me. Will you agree to such terms?"
Back to top Go down
EvilGenius

PostSubject: Re: Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules)   Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 7:22 pm

Damon's face almost split into a grin, but somehow he managed to keep it neutral. Then he winced at Mr.slaver there go a few grains.
"don't worry that comment was aimed more at her than you, what's your name, mine is Damon. Also how well can you lie?" He whispered the last line almost inaudibly. She was smarter than he had originally thought, this deal would be a good test of character, and best of all it would buy time. He stole a glance at Jason.
"hey twitch" he said as quietly as noticeable."I need you to get over here for a moment." If this guy truly had a story ready it would give all of them a necessary break, and it would shift the naga in his favor, but they had to hurry. If his former comrades digested too quickly she would get hungry again, and things would get desperate.
"Roxanne, can you uncoil your tail, it is virtually meaningless, as there is such a small group of us. If a naga of your size, and physical fitness wanted to capture us you could easily do so, and none of us have any chance of running without jeopardizing the lives of our comrades. Plus it leads to a false sense of security which would help clear away the cloud of fear which hangs so heavily over our heads. In turn this would lead to more in depth conversation, and more revealing of what we are normally like, not the blanket we pull around ourselves to hide when danger nears." perhaps this would give us more sand Damon thought, she doesn't appear to be the brightest so it could take a few moments to think things over.
Back to top Go down
Slick46
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules)   Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 8:37 pm

"Ah Damon is it! I am Ella! Well I can assure you that my word is my bond!audax at fidelis! I have long lost my fear of death. I only keep moving forward out my bounds!" She stood with her head held high. She only had brightness about her.
Back to top Go down
Roxanne
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Roxanne

PostSubject: Re: Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules)   Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 10:00 pm

Roxanne smiled up at the slaver, and winked at him. Perhaps there is more to this man than just pure want of profit. She uncoled her tail, as per his request, letting it sprawl out behind her.

The foxling showed no outward signs of lying, either she was very good or telling the truth. And judging by her previous display, Roxanne was having serious doubts that she would have been a hardened liar. "Tall me more about this friend of yours." Roxanne said, lying down on her belly, her tail still coiled around the party.

She looked at this human, Jason, his name was. "Jason, I can see that you are really frightened of me. I wish that were not the case. I made you a promise, and my word is, as the neko said, my bond. I do not enter contracts lightly. You have nothing to fear from me." As she said that, she reached out her hand to him, caressing his hair like one would a child, in a somewhat protective manner.

She looked at the neko. "You remain amazingly silent, friend. Do my actions shock you?" she said in a teasing tone.

Last edited by Roxanne on Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Slick46
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules)   Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 5:57 am

"Oh you want to know about my sweet little honey badger? Long story short he was cursed. He now roams this land as a giant monster. Oh but before that he was the most fearless neko you ever saw! He was also easy on the eyes."
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules)   Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 9:16 am

Nyaha slowly snapped back to attention when Roxanne spoke to him. "Ah, no, I was just looking at this squirrel over there," He said casually. Squirrels are quite high priority. They bring bad luck. The more he could get rid of, the less his friends would have to worry about them. But being trapped by the naga meant he couldn't go chase it. Oh well. What's going on now? The foxy is telling a story? Neat. Nyaha hoped he'd get to tell a story, too. But he wasn't going to do that 'long story short' crap. That's for people who don't have good storytelling skillz like Nyaha does. "Also there's not a lot that shocks me. Really you seem like a nice person," he said to Roxanne with a smile."You helped out the slaves and got rid of the slavers. That's admirable, though to me, that says you have some kind of history with slavers. I'd love to hear what your story is sometime."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules)   Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Be quick or be dead (open, but please read rules)
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next