Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya?

Go down 
+21
Zephyr102
Solomon
Claire
macdaddy
PrinnyDood
Anime-Junkie
LamiaSybaris
Archmage_Bael
Nyaha
French snack
EdgedWeapon
Stabs
Pendragon
Krisexy26
/Fish/
Slimetoad
itsmeyouidiot
Feadraug
zersergathant
parameciumkid
BobTheNinja
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
BobTheNinja
Tasty morsel

How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya? Empty
PostSubject: How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya?   How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 6:40 pm

I sometimes read stories and look at artwork about Felarya and I admit, the vore aspect of it is something of a guilty pleasure for me. On the one hand, for some inexplicable reason, it turns me on. On the other, after I've 'taken care of business', as it were, I feel guilty and wonder how I can enjoy something like that. If you look past the kink aspect and the fact that the predators are pretty girls, you ultimately have to accept that they're eating other sapient beings and killing them by slow and probably very painful live digestion. And the worst part is that the predators don't see smaller humanoids as anything but food despite the fact that they pretty much have the same intellectual capacity. I find it incredibly disturbing. I was even more horrified when I found out that Nekos in Felarya also eat miniature humanoids in spite of the fact that they themselves are eaten by large humanoid predators. I know it's just fiction and nobody's really being eaten or killed, but still...

Does anyone else have conflicting feelings about the vore aspect of Felaryia, or am I the odd man out here?
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya?   How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 8:50 pm

I can sympathize. What drew me into Felarya was never the vore but pretty much everything else - the adventure, the sexy characters, the rich and open-ended storyline, etc. Even Karbo himself has written somewhere that he's not all that into what goes on after the vore - just the eating part. I imagine there are very few vore fans who, when they reflect on it, wouldn't feel similar to you. It seems generally the case to be turned on by the "person A literally consumes person B" but mildly disgusted somewhere off on the back burner about the details of the digestion.
Most of my favorite Felarya stories that do involve vore are those in which the victim is released aferwards and where the vore is more like a tease, for example the ones about Maasma & Normeda the slug-girls or about Galya the human-friendly naga (the authors of which I have momentarily lost track of the names of but very much respect for their work).
Back to top Go down
http://helia.net63.net
zersergathant
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
zersergathant

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya?   How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 9:36 pm

I totally understand where you're coming from, and then take it a step further. I don't enjoy vore at all, and while I do include it in passing mention in parts of my stories, that's only because it's such an ingrained part of this setting that you really can't avoid bumping into it every now and then. Even so, I don't ever and never will write a long, sensuous description of a vore scene, because there's nothing sensuous about it to me and because I would be extremely uncomfortable writing it. Honestly, I prefer if you've got someone in immediate danger of vore or other such horrific death, and then, at the last possible moment, something or someone comes along and saves them, or they somehow save themselves. This is especially preferable if both saviour and savee are cute girls, so there's a strong female lead there, and then after Girl A saves Girl B, Girl B gets all swoony and appreciative and the heat of the moment gets to them both and they start making out and...

Ahem. I'm sorry, moving on.

Other than the vore, however, Felarya is still a really great setting, and I think that really says something about it and the people who've contributed to it that it's evolved from an expression of one dude's fetish (no offence) into this huge, engrossing world with all this really neat non-vore stuff going on everywhere.
Back to top Go down
BobTheNinja
Tasty morsel

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya?   How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 11:20 pm

parameciumkid wrote:
I can sympathize. What drew me into Felarya was never the vore but pretty much everything else - the adventure, the sexy characters, the rich and open-ended storyline, etc. Even Karbo himself has written somewhere that he's not all that into what goes on after the vore - just the eating part. I imagine there are very few vore fans who, when they reflect on it, wouldn't feel similar to you. It seems generally the case to be turned on by the "person A literally consumes person B" but mildly disgusted somewhere off on the back burner about the details of the digestion.
Most of my favorite Felarya stories that do involve vore are those in which the victim is released aferwards and where the vore is more like a tease, for example the ones about Maasma & Normeda the slug-girls or about Galya the human-friendly naga (the authors of which I have momentarily lost track of the names of but very much respect for their work).

I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head. The act of eating the prey in and of itself is sexy for me. It's the fact that the prey is killed combined with the casual (sometimes even pleasurable) attitude of the predator that really gets to me. If it were done just as a form of sexual play I would have almost no issues with it.

Do you have the links for those stories, by chance?
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya?   How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:03 am

Take in account that vore is, basically, cannibalism... well, not exactly cannibalism, but anthropophagia, but you see what I mean. I don't take the vore in Felarya as something arousing, or a fetish at all - in fact, I'm no voraphile, despite there could be some possible sexual inuendo I won't discuss here -, but I treat it as just part of the hunting habits of some predators. So I don't think this contradictory feeling of yours - "wow, how arousing, being eaten by such girl and... oh wait, the pain and the horrors of digestion!" - shouldn't be something that worries you. And as far as I know, voraephilia has some degrees, from those which are just teasing - like pretending to being eaten, but never getting swallowed - to the whole digestion... yes, I did my homework on this matter. xD

And after all, in the Felaryan wild, it's the survival of the fittest. And remember too that Felarya is more than "giant cute girl eats someone", there are more variations of that, and there are many that don't need someone being eaten to be a good story! In fact, even though Felarya began as a fetish setting, it has expanded so much that there's more than macrophilia and voraephilia in this.
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
itsmeyouidiot
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya?   How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:21 am

Though I originally got into Felarya for the vore stuff, I eventually became enamored with the setting, and now its the part I'm most interested in.
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya?   How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:52 am

As I've probably said a few times already, I don't really find vore to be sexually arousing, but I've always had a morbid fascination with it. And more than anything, I got into Felarya for the setting. There's something wonderfully insane about the mere concept of an extremely hostile world where the top predators are hominid hybrids...the whole uncanny valley aspect of it
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya?   How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 2:31 am

Welcome to chaotic evil. Evil laugh
Back to top Go down
zersergathant
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
zersergathant

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya?   How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 7:55 am

Slimetoad wrote:
There's something wonderfully insane about the mere concept of an extremely hostile world where the top predators are hominid hybrids...the whole uncanny valley aspect of it

This is part of what got me into it, as well, although moreso because of all the potential pathos and character interactions and viewpoints and other deep writey stuff one could get out of it. Although the sheer lunacy of such a concept piqued my interest, too. freak out
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya?   How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 10:28 am

Penis theory of Krisexy26.

Well guys, you see, I've discussed about this with a very few people (probably meaning one) and heres what I came up with:

You guys are mostly boys. That's a fact. And you have something between your two legs called....A PENIS! So, what is this little thing made for? Mh? SEX! (at your age, it pretty much means that). You want to insert it in...A VAGINA! But, also, a little blowjob is always a good thing too, dont ya agree? Alright. This is the base. The rest is pretty much ehm...about inconscious.

In felarya, giant predators are depicted as sexy women, thats no lie. Just look at Vivian. So it's kinda normal to be attracted by her, she's beautiful! But you guys...thats so bad, are way too little to be a partner to vivan. But oh surprise, you guys are small enough to perfectly fit in her mouth and her vag. So, when, for example, in a story, an author is describing whats happening in the preds mouth when shes eating a prey, you imagine you in there, yes, but you also imagine your penis being sucked on by a chick. Same thing for insertion/unbirthing. How nice, isnt? As for the swallowing part, well, I think it is now mostly the cum that is being swallowed.

And thats it! Cool, huh? Haha. As I said, it's mainly inconscient. Maybe some of you guys are just that morbid in life and like to see poeple getting eaten.

But yeah, as I always say, it's fiction. Theres a funny theory saying that its not the serial killers that killed the most people, but the authors of detective stories! Haha, anyways, fiction is fiction Smile
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya?   How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 10:29 am

Not into the gruesome parts to be honest. I just enjoy the settings.

It's nice that there are parts of Felarya that don't have constant fetishes thrown in your face.
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya?   How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 11:29 am

Krisexy26 wrote:
Penis
lol penis

But on a more serious note, I enjoy the death and destruction aspect of it. Death renders it all meaningless- all of it, intelligence, past, present, future, even weight only has so much to offer. Death is just so impressive that way, so eternal, close and intangible.

Then there's the whole thing with numbers, you know I enjoy doing that part. Nurture, logistics have always been a fun subject for me, just like maths, and being eaten just feels over the top enough to be funny. So yeah, vore makes me smile. Not in a sexual way, unless you add the innuendo on top.
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya?   How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 11:54 am

Krisexy26 wrote:

You know, Kri, that was the sexual inuendo I said I wasn't going to talk about. Guess you didn't want to keep it for yourself unlike me. xD

But as I said, that's not my case... mainly because I'm no voraphile. It's the setting, it's the "law of the fittest", the sense of danger, beauty and horror what keeps me in this community.
Back to top Go down
EdgedWeapon
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
EdgedWeapon

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya?   How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:01 pm

I've never been a huge fan of the digesetion aspect, but sucking on prey is still sexy. Overall, I'm more inclined towards the more gentle aspects of the setting.
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya?   How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 2:02 pm

BobTheNinja wrote:
I know it's just fiction and nobody's really being eaten or killed, but still...

Does anyone else have conflicting feelings about the vore aspect of Felaryia, or am I the odd man out here?

As you say, it's fiction. I'm actually quite a sensitive soul, and I may have felt a little bad about it occasionally, but fantasies do no harm, and I'm not going to agonise over the fact that it's always been vore I find arousing (starting many years before I discovered the word). It's just the way I am.

Like many people, I was drawn to Felarya, at first, primarily for the vore, and then quickly discovered the fascinating richness of its world, and stayed for the whole bundle.

I don't do graphic digestion. Like Karbo, I prefer to think of a happy, satisfied pred lying comfortably in the sunlight with a hand on her gurgling tummy, rather than picture in any realistic way what's actually going on inside her stomach.

"Innocent", even gentle fatality. (I'm rather messed up...)

Having said that, when I write stories, I often do feel the need to show the perspective of the unfortunate victims, as a reminder that they are people, deserving of empathy. (Heck, I've certainly been criticised for creating sympathy for my prey characters, for humanising them, instead of merely dispatching them in a way that readers would find guiltlessly erotic. Not everyone, it seems, likes to be reminded that the prey are people too.) I'm interested in the contrasting perspectives. There's no malice or deliberate unpleasant in what a predator does - but from the prey's perspective it's ghastly and terrifying, and I don't want to entirely forget that.

parameciumkid wrote:

The author of all those characters is one and the same: timing2.

Krisexy26 wrote:

Shocked

Quote :

You guys are mostly boys. That's a fact.

That is correct.

Quote :

And you have something between your two legs called....A PENIS!

That is also correct (last time I checked). Smile For the rest, though, I'm not so sure... I could go into some detail about what it is that seems to attract me in vore, but this isn't really the place.
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya?   How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 2:16 pm

French snack wrote:
(Heck, I've certainly been criticised for creating sympathy for my prey characters, for humanising them, instead of merely dispatching them in a way that readers would find guiltlessly erotic. Not everyone, it seems, likes to be reminded that the prey are people too.)

Some people did? Kind of strange... I remember my first two stories also had this contrast and some people even called them "horror stories where the monster wins". It kind of serves as an example on how the prey can be likeable to the reader - staying away from the "humans are bad and deserve being eaten by those giants" - and you even feel worse when they meet a tragic end. Of course, I'm not a big fan of ending everything the same way, I like to spice things up with many different things. Razz
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya?   How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 4:50 pm

Krisexy26 wrote:
Penis

Freud was right?
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya?   How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 5:25 pm

I personally don't mind the killing aspect of it - in fact, that part sort of adds to the femdom aspect that I really enjoy of vore. I do find myself upset at the psychological aspect of predators in Felarya, however, but it's like with anything else, you take the bad with the good.
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya?   How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 9:35 pm

Quote :
The author of all those characters is one and the same: timing2.
Yeah that was it, lol. Probly should've just looked the guy up, oh well. :derp:
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya?   How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 11:00 pm

Feadraug wrote:
I remember my first two stories also had this contrast and some people even called them "horror stories where the monster wins".

Which they are, of course - if you look at them in a certain way. While from another perspective, Kyria's breakfast story for instance is light-hearted and sweet. Wink

Quote :

It kind of serves as an example on how the prey can be likeable to the reader - staying away from the "humans are bad and deserve being eaten by those giants" - and you even feel worse when they meet a tragic end.

Definitely. There's nothing wrong with feeling bad when humans get eaten - quite the contrary.

Quote :
Of course, I'm not a big fan of ending everything the same way, I like to spice things up with many different things. Razz

Of course. Smile
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya?   How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 2:07 am

/Fish/ wrote:
Krisexy26 wrote:
Penis

Freud was right?

I'm so sure Freud would have a great tiime trying to analyze voraephilia. xD

Nyaha wrote:
I personally don't mind the killing aspect of it - in fact, that part sort of adds to the femdom aspect that I really enjoy of vore. I do find myself upset at the psychological aspect of predators in Felarya, however, but it's like with anything else, you take the bad with the good.

What do you exactly mean with the psychological aspect of predators? Because the psychology of many of them varies a lot from one predator to another. Not everyone has the same mindset, which gives such variety.

Maybe I'm a bit lost with your statement... ^^U

French snack wrote:
Feadraug wrote:
I remember my first two stories also had this contrast and some people even called them "horror stories where the monster wins".

Which they are, of course - if you look at them in a certain way. While from another perspective, Kyria's breakfast story for instance is light-hearted and sweet. Wink

Light-hearted if you've been for a while in Felarya or if you have a sympathy for Felaryan fairies (and dryads). When I entered that contest with those two stories, I was relatively new to the setting. So for me, they worked more like horror stories - and so did for some readers -, just the way the victims were killed was by being eaten.

French snack wrote:
Quote :

It kind of serves as an example on how the prey can be likeable to the reader - staying away from the "humans are bad and deserve being eaten by those giants" - and you even feel worse when they meet a tragic end.

Definitely. There's nothing wrong with feeling bad when humans get eaten - quite the contrary.

In fact, that's a good thing, because you create a character, even if it's just a "prey one", that you can relate with. I think this kind of empathy is needed in some Felaryan stories if you want your characters to be believable, not just pieces of candy running around until the n-th pred comes to eat them. Even "food" has feelings. Razz
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya?   How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 11:43 pm

Quote :
Definitely
You, sir, get an internet high-five for spelling "definitely" right. :highfive:
I get so sick of seeing people type "definately" and you just made me so very happy.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya?   How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 10:28 am

You guys are definitely right.

We need more sympathetic prey characters. All those 1 dimensional characters are real detriments to most fanfiction.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya?   How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 11:10 am

I don't think it's one dimensional for a predator to eat prey at all. <.<

For a predator to sympathize with what would normally be their prey, even if they can both talk, the pred needs to have been raised in a specific environment. In Felarya, food may still have feelings, but then again, so do normal animals, and they eat each other all the time. (Humans are animals too, don't forget.)
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya?   How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 12:25 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
I don't think it's one dimensional for a predator to eat prey at all. <.<

For a predator to sympathize with what would normally be their prey, even if they can both talk, the pred needs to have been raised in a specific environment. In Felarya, food may still have feelings, but then again, so do normal animals, and they eat each other all the time. (Humans are animals too, don't forget.)

He meant sympathetic to the reader, Bael, he meant prey characters that don't just go WAAAGH until they die or cry AAAAH until they die. It is one-dimensional if all their interaction with the reader is how he reads about them getting eaten.

So, we need characters we can sympathize with. To eat them!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya?   How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you feel about the vore aspect of Felarya?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next