Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Enemies in the Midst

Go down 
+8
Ilceren
Darth_Nergal
Nyaha
franky-wolf
Kitten
bramblebelly
Beefnautz
Chihiro Fujisaki
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Chihiro Fujisaki
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Chihiro Fujisaki

Enemies in the Midst - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Enemies in the Midst - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 6:38 pm

Joseph glared playfully at Rurei, knowing exactly what she was doing as he snickered lightly, nudging her playfully, raising his eyebrows at her and giving her a mischievous smirk. "Naughty girl, clever." He said quietly as he shook his head.
Back to top Go down
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Enemies in the Midst - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 6:47 pm

Rurei gave him an innocent look like she had no idea what he was talking about or why he was looking at her that way.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Enemies in the Midst - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 2:57 pm

"Okay, first off, I don't know why all you guys are so intent on keeping me around, I'm not a really great person to hang around, and second, shut your trap and listen to me."

Kira raised the man in her hand to her mouth and pushed him in. She didn't take any time to savour this one, gulping him down right away as she looked Leila dead in the eye.

"Leila, and your friends. You guys better watch yourself around these guys outside. I don't know exactly what happened, but...I took a quick head count if all the men earlier when we set up camp. Then I counted again just a few moments ago when you showed up, and there was one person missing. I was sitting in here the whole time and didn't hear any sign of a struggle, so I don't know what happened. The leader guy, Elliot, he might've just sent him off somewhere, but something in my gut tells me it's not quite that simple, so just...be careful. Watch your back."
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Location : Someplace north Tonorian Hive, south of the Chordoni Waterfall, east of the Kuwuni bridge, and west of the Lataran Temple

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Enemies in the Midst - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 3:23 pm

Leila ate the spooful, man and all, while Kira talked. She finally swallowed when Kira was done talking. "Well, personally I think you're an awesome Neko and would make a good friend, but that's beside the point. If there wasn't any struggle, then something had to of happened to him. I'll have to try and look into it, maybe question one of the normal guards." The fairy frowned. "And it also gives me another reason for wanting you to stay. You and Rurei can help to watch my back even as I watch both of yours. And before you laugh about a tomthumb helping to protect us, I'll have you know she is one of the most capable tomthumbs I've met." As she talked, the fairy playfull held a man under the stew with her spoon, letting him up for air at the last moment before gently pushing him back under.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sithlordnergal.deviantart.com
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Enemies in the Midst - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 3:31 pm

"I'm actually a believer in the fact that size doesn't always dictate power," Kira said, wanting to get that out there. After that, she gave a sigh. "Fine. I guess I'll stick around a little longer. Maybe I'll get lucky and that stupid dridder will go away instead."
Back to top Go down
Chihiro Fujisaki
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Chihiro Fujisaki

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Enemies in the Midst - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 4:29 pm

Damien smirked as he tossed Elliot the amulet he got from the slavers, nodding to him. "Put it on, it will prevent any of these fairies targeting you with size shifting magic, and it will absorb the energy, so maybe you can use it in your attacks." Damien suggested as he began to snuff out the fire, packing a few things up before they deciding to wake everyone up so they could get moving. "You are a mystery you know that, why are you helping these fairies? You know full well what this artifact can do."

Elliot shook his head as he looked to Damien, helping him pack some things up. "Who said I was going to give it back to them? Even if I do I am not meeting on their terms, I will make sure they know I am in control, I always have been. Kira thinks I am a joke, and everyone else just wants a paycheck or a fun adventure. They won't think twice. I am not going to hurt any of them if I can help it, but they are here so I can meet my goals, we are going to see if they are along for the ride." Elliot took a deep breath, a light enveloping him for a moment as they violet sphere around him vanished from human sight. "Funny how little energy it takes to keep this barrier up all day, makes me feel rather invincible, unhealthy, yes, but fun." Elliot walked over to Leila and Kira's tent, unable to hear anything, which didn't bother him, tapping on the barrier, growling when it made no sound. "I can't even wake them up, smart fairy."

"Yea well to bad she isn't smart enough to know a binding spell, I guess chains and a sturdy tree it is." Damien smirked as he shook his head, beginning to wake the men up, walking beside Elliot. "Hope they can sleep with that howling you do, your very loud."

Joseph winced when they both ate the men, 3 of the 8 of them already having been downed into their bodies. "Your comfortable just doing this right here in front of us?" Joseph asked, somewhat indifferently, he wasn't bothered by them being okay with it, just the act itself. As a human he had never dreamed of eating another humanoid, though it was possible if he so wished.
Back to top Go down
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Enemies in the Midst - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 5:24 pm

Rurei beamed with pride at Leila saying she was the most capable Tomthumb she knew, and less so with Kira's comment about size not dictating power. Rurei's good mood was spoiled when Kira decided to stay. "One can only hope." The Tomthumb commented about the dridder leaving and completely ignoring what Joseph said.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Location : Someplace north Tonorian Hive, south of the Chordoni Waterfall, east of the Kuwuni bridge, and west of the Lataran Temple

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Enemies in the Midst - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 11:09 pm

"Really?" Leila looked genuinely surprised at Kira's statement. "Wow, the aren't many Neko who think like that. You know Kira, I think I like you even more now. You have no idea how grateful I am to you for choosing to stay." She scooped up the third and final human swimming around in her stew and shrugged down at Joseph. "Well, there really isn't much I can do about it. I mean, I am sorry if we are making you uncomfortable, but a girl has to eat after all. And no offense or anything, but your fellow slavers did dig yourselves the hole they're in." She gave the man on her spoon a small kiss and smiled at him. "Well look at that. You're the last one. Once I eat you I win." She playfully poked the man. "Are you ready to join you friends in my tummy? Or are you going to jump? Oh I hope you jump. Don't worry though, I'm here to catch you if you do. You'll have a nice and soft landing." She giggled at the doomed slaver.
Back to top Go down
Chihiro Fujisaki
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Chihiro Fujisaki

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Enemies in the Midst - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 7:47 am

The man looked to the Joseph, giving him a look as if to say, "Dude, what the fuck?" He then looked back to the fairy with fear, his eyes darting to Joseph every couple moments, it was obvious he was trying to use him to get out of this.

Joseph shrugged and shook his head, mouthing the word "sorry" as he looked on, the scene disturbing, but not enough for him to look away. He had seen people die before, but he was used to it being with guns and swords, not in this manner. It was a new method, but the act of death itself was nothing new to him.

Amanda and Cassandra awoke, shifting in the sack as they listened to the events outside, Cassandra letting out a light giggle. "It sounds like Leila is going to have a full stomach, good for her, those slavers deserve it." She said firmly, much to Amanda's surprise, not used to having her sister be so blunt about it.
Back to top Go down
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Enemies in the Midst - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 8:19 am

"I see nothing wrong with what you are doing or feel uncomfortable at the slightest!" Rurei lied, she was always a bit bothered to watch Leila eat people but as long as the fairy was happy about or hungry she would always put up with it. "I very understanding! I understand the thrill of the chase and..stuff like this one time I uh...uh." She forgot to line up a story to help support her claim but she had none. Rurei never hunted anything doesn't eat meat, or insects just fruit and vegitables. "I hunted down a rare fruit, it was exhilarating." Rurei new she had lost the battle for affection of Leila but she refused to loose the war! She would find a way to get Kira to leave she swore it.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Enemies in the Midst - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 12:38 pm

Kira was glad...ish, that the fairy liked her. She supposed it meant she was a 'good person'. Pff. Well as long as she didn't have to worry about her turning around and eating her, good. She was happy. And she supposed if she was to be staying, she might as well make a new friend or two. What the hell, she could give that Elliot guy another chance while she was at it. "Look at me being all generous and magnanimous with my relationships," she thought with a scoff.

"Look, if it makes you feel any better, I don't get it either," Kira said, looking down to Rurei. She could tell she wasn't telling the truth. She didn't even need to have that special little gift of hers, she was just so bad at it. "Hunting is exhausting and inefficient and takes too long. I only do it when I really have to, meaning if I'm hungry, without any food in the cupboards, and the stuff at the market isn't fresh enough."
Back to top Go down
Chihiro Fujisaki
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Chihiro Fujisaki

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Enemies in the Midst - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 3:33 pm

Elliot spoke into the tent, wondering if they could hear him. "Hey, we are going to get moving soon, so wake up okay? We can't linger around all morning, everything dangerous in the jungle just woke up." He said seriously, shaking his head, honestly not caring about the danger, he just wanted to cover as much grounds as possible and there was only a day and half worth of walking left in their journey. "If you need any weapons or ammo ask Damien, he has spares." He said walking away, mainly referring to Leila in the last sentence.
Back to top Go down
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Enemies in the Midst - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 3:44 pm

"I never- uh just forget it." Rurei said red with embarrassment. Kira had called her out and she had no retailation to defend herself with. She folded her arms frustrated at the loss of this battle.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Enemies in the Midst - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 3:32 pm

Kira gave Rurei a slight puzzled look as she stuffed the last of her slave prey down her gullet. She wasn't understanding just what her deal was; she agreed with her and she got mad. What even was up with that?

Just then, she noticed a shadow moving away on the wall of the tent. "Uh........Why is it so light outside?" she asked, referring to how bright it suddenly seemed around them.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Enemies in the Midst - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 3:51 pm

Leila looked up and laughed. "Oh, the sun must be up. They're probably trying to wake us up." She gulped down the final slaver and her stew in three large gulps. "Hmmm, I hope they don't mind swimming in stew for a little while...oh well, no reason for me to worry about it." She hooked her two bags to her waist, then scooped Joseph and Rurei up. "Ok, let's get going." She deactivated her spells, unzipped the entrance to the tent and headed outside. "Morning sir, Leila reporting for duty." She gave Elliot a salute, then giggled to herself before flying off to help break camp.
Back to top Go down
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Enemies in the Midst - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 6:52 am

(I just need some quick clarification, Joseph and Rurei are they in Leila's bag or she just holding them in her hand as she flies around to help get people moving? =o)
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Enemies in the Midst - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 12:56 pm

(She's just holding them. I sort of rushed through that post. Sorry about that. sweatdrop)
Back to top Go down
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Enemies in the Midst - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 1:46 pm

(Don't worry about it! XD haha)
Rurei remains silent for most of Leila getting people ready, and then at last she speaks. "So....Leila. How long have you known that Neko?" Her dislike of Kira more evident in her voice. "She doesn't seem like the very...trustworthy sort to me. Then again what do I know? I'm not a very experienced adventurer."
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Enemies in the Midst - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 9:03 am

Kira, after having gotten dressed and not brushed her hair like every morning, peeked out of the tent and squinted at the sunlight.

"Leila, I hope if I do something stupid, you'll take care of me," she muttered quietly. She grabbed her backpack and trudged outside, shielding her eyes from the light.

"I cannot believe it is fucking morning already," Kira said. They hadn't even been talking that long! Their conversation should've only taken, like, five minutes! How was it morning already?!?! (Seriously!!)

Kira could feel her blood boiling. She did not want to stand for this. She wanted rest. She wanted to have some sleep. She did not want to accept being forced to have stayed up all night!!

As much as she would love to hit herself with a lightning bolt and knock herself out for a while, the fact remained that doing so would be incredibly stupid, and this realization made Kira sigh heavily. ...Oh but how she would looooove to do that....
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Enemies in the Midst - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 9:44 am

Leila tilted her head as she looked down at Rurei. "Well, I actually met her not long ago, but she seems like a nice enough neko to me. Rurei, are you ok?" The fairy huggled her little friend. "Are you..." She lowered her voice to keep others from being able to hear. "Are you jealous of Kira? You don't need to be. Just because I might make a new friend doesn't mean you're less important to me."
Back to top Go down
Saen Kel
Great warrior
Great warrior
Saen Kel

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Enemies in the Midst - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 9:57 am

".....Yes I was jealous!" Rurei admits hugging Leila. "Please forgive me...I just didn't know there was an aspect of our friendship I couldn't fill. I mean I could never be a predator and I was afraid that maybe Kira would replace me. I'll do better, please drop me off with her. I want to get to know her that way we can all be friends." Rurei said with a smile feeling much better now being honest.
Back to top Go down
Chihiro Fujisaki
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Chihiro Fujisaki

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Enemies in the Midst - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 12:44 pm

Damien walked over to Leila, smirking softly, she looked satisfied, so their meal must have been delicious. "Well should I just follow you around, or are you going to shrink me again?" Damien asked curiously, looking to the tomthumb in her hand, waving to her in a half-assed manner. "Morning."

Elliot nodded, seeing everyone was packed for the most part and ready to move, yawning as he tried to overcome his own exhaustion, wishing last night could have been more relaxing for him as well. "So Kira your sticking around are you? Good. We could use more capable mages."

Joseph remained silent as Rurei and Leila spoke, seeing Damien come up, looking away from the man.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Enemies in the Midst - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 12:57 pm

"I never told you I was staying. Don't make assumptions," Kira said grumpily, eyeing Elliot suspiciously. Had he heard them talking somehow or was he doing just what she said?
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Enemies in the Midst - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 3:06 pm

"There's nothing to forgive Rurei. In fact, I should apologize to you for making you feel like you were going to be replaced." Leila smiled down at her friend, then turned to Damien. "Actually sir, I was hoping to bring Kira with me this time. I like to change out the people I scout with every day or so. And before you think that I do that for fun, hear me out. There are three reasons why I change people out. First, it helps to keep me from falling into a predictable pattern. Since I normally ask people which way they think I should go, my scouting and guard routes are always different. That makes it harder to predict where I'll be, which in turn makes it harder for a predator to sneak past me. Second, it allows fresh pairs of eyes and ears to join me. Kira might notice something that you and I would miss, and vice versa. Finally, it keeps the people I do have join me from getting bored, lazy, or relaxed. If I have the same person come with me day after day, and every day nothing happens, then eventually both of us will get burnt out and be more likely to make a mistake."
Back to top Go down
Chihiro Fujisaki
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Chihiro Fujisaki

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Enemies in the Midst - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 8:58 am

Elliot laughed as he shook his head, patting Kira's head. "Don't try and B.S. me, I know your staying, you and Leila are buddies now after all, why else would you have been in the tent with her all night, she had to have convinced you." He said simply using logic as he smirked to her. "I am more perceptive than you think, but regardless, I am happy to have you around."

Damien nodded, understanding her logic. "I just hope she can sniff out feyweed like I can, otherwise you, and everyone in the bag with you will be lunch." He said seriously, just giving her a warning as he looked over to Kira. "She should have a good sense of smell."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Enemies in the Midst - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Enemies in the Midst
Page 14 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: General forums :: Role-playing-
Jump to: