Share | 

Enemies in the Midst

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero

Location : Someplace north Tonorian Hive, south of the Chordoni Waterfall, east of the Kuwuni bridge, and west of the Lataran Temple

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:10 pm

Leila thought about it for a few moments. "Hmmm...on the one hand it would alert me of possible dangers...on the other, it would alert me every time we got close to a harmless tiny...Eventually I'd either get so fed up with having to check on every little thing that I would ignore the warnings. Or worse, I'd be trying to hunt down whatever set the spell off and let a true threat get past without my realizing it." She shook her head. "No, it's a good idea for when we make camp, not so good while we're traveling. I don't want to scare a village of tinies half to death because I thought they were a danger to us." She smiled down at the bag and poked it with a small laugh. "Thanks for talking some sense into me Damien."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sithlordnergal.deviantart.com
Chihiro Fujisaki
Temple scourge
Temple scourge

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:36 pm

Elliot looks to D and Dangeal with a chuckle, closing his eyes for a moment as he spoke when he reopened them. "I am not what you would call a fighter, while I am very capable, dirtying my own hands is not something I like to do, and I need the extra security, I am trying to appease a group of fairies, does that satisfy you?" He asked them curiously, willing to answer more questions, if they had them.

"I wish it was that easy to talk sense into Elliot, he is a very peaceful man, it gets on my nerves at times, especially when he had a conflict with someone. I always recommend killing them, easy way to end a conflict, he takes the non-violent, more difficult route, it confounds me." He said shaking his head, sighing heavily. "What is the point of being powerful if you don't use it?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
franky-wolf
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:16 am

D laughs. "Well then that is all I really need to know. So more importantly what does it look like and what if I found this artifact thingy first? Do I get a reward or something?" she asked her eyes gleaming at the prospect of making more money. As she asked Dangeal pulled his sister's hair.
"D you're already getting paid double. So please stop being so greedy." Dangeal said in a rather stern tone.
"Hey it's a legitamite question!" she argued. "So do I?" She asked turning back to Elliot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero

Location : Someplace north Tonorian Hive, south of the Chordoni Waterfall, east of the Kuwuni bridge, and west of the Lataran Temple

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:25 am

Leila raised an eyebrow. "You know, you kind of sound like Sariah...she's a...I think it's called Homunculus. No emotions what so ever. She simply kills all who get in her way and follows the orders Nergal gives her. Whenever someone asks her for how she thinks we should deal with someone it is always just kill them."
Back to top Go down
Chihiro Fujisaki
Temple scourge
Temple scourge

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:39 am

"I highly doubt you would find it on your own, and I am already paying you to find it and protect the rest of the group. I am not completely rich, I am investing most of my money already into his expedition. You should listen to your brother sometimes though, he seems to be more......logical." He said snickering softly, shaking his head lightly as he smiled to them. "But I might consider it, if I feel you earned it I wouldn't think twice."

"Well killing a problem is easier than appeasing it, and the problem never comes back. Though luckily Elliot controls my more....violent tendencies. I diagnosed myself as a sociopath, I realize it, but there is nothing I can do to change how I feel." He said with a shrug, accepting himself as it as he relaxed in her back, making sure to check the surroundings periodically. "So what about you? How come you don't eat people? You seem rather civil, and kindhearted, then again all fairies do to their friends, or when they benefit." He said softly, obviously still a little skeptical of her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:23 am

Leila shrugged. "Well, even when I was younger I always enjoyed talking with my meals that mom or dad would catch. When I started hunting on my own it became easier and easier to find people to talk to. Then one day one of my hunts went bad. I was just trying to get a nice big meal and found this small village. I...I hadn't counted on there being a pyromancer protecting the village. Long story short, most of the village burned to the ground. I got my meal and tried to save those I could from the flames, but a lot of people got hurt by accident because of me. I searched the village the next morning for any survivors who needed help. I managed to find and save a few, but they were all terrified by me. I left, only to realize a lone Human had followed me. I asked what she was doing and she said that since I had not eaten her, had tried to rescue people last night, and had rescued her that morning, then I must not be a monster. I found that I liked the fact that she wasn't afraid of me and decided to work hard on not eating everyone I met."

She took a deep breath. "It took a while, but I finally learned how to get Humans, Nekos, and other people like that to trust and befriend me. And that's about that. I like meeting people more then I like eating them, and the only way for a Fairy like me to really meet someone is by being kind hearted and trust worthy. Now don't get me wrong. I do eat people every now and then and I am a predator. But I only eat those who I am ordered to eat, or people who just refuse to accept my hand of friendship. Of course, to get me to the point of eating you, you would have to be trying to kill me even if I had saved your life multiple times."
Back to top Go down
Chihiro Fujisaki
Temple scourge
Temple scourge

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:04 am

"Well I will only attack you if I feel threatened or you attack me first. Your presence is beneficial as is mine to you, if I am this small and I don't feel threatened then I doubt I ever will. I have fought fairies before, which is something that we have sadly become accustomed to. Also, the Pyromancer, it intrigues me. Mainly because here it seems magic is something everyone can learn and master. Where we are from Elliot and I were basically God's, I was born with this ability, able to do it since I was little, this world is amazing." He said with a chuckle, shaking his head as he scanned the surroundings again, something clicking in his head as he spoke again. "I am not into psychology, that is more Elliot, but I have to ask. While it wouldn't bother me, how does a normal person, like yourself, manage to still eat someone after speaking with them? I assumed conversation, especially if they divulge personal information binds two people, and makes it much harder to actually kill them. So how were you able to do it? It seems almost more heartless than just eating them off the bat."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:00 pm

Leila giggles. "Well then, we certainly won't have any trouble between ourselves. I'm not surprised you've become accustomed to fighting Fairies around here. Your little group makes a very appetizing looking snack, if you don't mind my saying. Felarya really is a world steeped in magic. I've often been surprised by how many worlds lack so much magic. I can hardly imagine how anyone gets by. But I have to admit, you Humans are a very resourceful lot." Leila thought about the question then shrugged. "I dunno...I mean, I see what you're getting at and everything...but it doesn't really feel that personal to me. When I talk with my prey, I feel more like I'm giving them the respect they deserve, a chance to get anything they have to say off their chest before it's too late. They hardly ever change from food to non-food between the time when I catch them and eat them. Plus, most people only beg , scream, and make false promises when they're caught. So ninety percent of anything I hear is just the same old stuff I always hear. The few times I do hear something important and special, I just see it as a small side entertainment before meal time. I'll admit, that a few people have convinced me not to eat them with words alone, but I never saw talking to my food as cruel or heartless..."
Back to top Go down
Chihiro Fujisaki
Temple scourge
Temple scourge

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:02 am

Damien raised his eyebrow at her words, a small smirk crossing his face as he snickered lightly, the snicker turning into a small laugh. "It seems I have more in common with the Predators here than I imagined! While it does sicken me to know you devour members my race, which as a side note I still believe to be superior to any Predator races here, I do admire your honesty, and the fact you share my sense of life and death as....inconsequential. Your not like Elliot, he is a Vegan, in the literal sense, to full of emotion and care, the man only harms something if it attacks him first." He said restraining his laughing, relaxing more into his makeshift bed. "It enrages me.....a man more powerful than me, and he never uses it. Oh also, if you get hungry we have food with us, or if we run across any bandits or slavers who want to hinder us....feel free, I can cook them."

Elliot was trying to catch up to Damien and Leila with his group, he wanted to set up camp soon, he knew SHE would be wanting to meet with him soon......and he wanted to make sure the others didn't know the kind of danger they were really in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:05 pm

(Would anybody mind me joining in? Its' been slow lately, and I'd also like to help break up that two-person back and forth posting you guys are stuck in. :3 If it's okay with you guys, I'd like to use this character:

Kira's Bio:

)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Chihiro Fujisaki
Temple scourge
Temple scourge

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:43 pm

(I would love to have Kira pop in, we waited so long I just wanted to get it moving with Nergal and I. You can either be already in the group, or we meet on the road. This is good news, I can work with 3 people Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:12 pm

(I would be grateful to have someone else join. Don't get me wrong, I like Leila and Damien's conversation...but we need the rest of the group to act as well. :3 I mean, Leila is guarding them. What's there to guard if no one is doing anything? XD)
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Hero
Hero

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:09 pm

(Hmm I've been looking for an RP to join, though every one I do I kill it seems. ^^; So maybe you're better off not having me, but as Nergal pointed out Leila will have an easy job if there's nothing to protect won't she?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:12 pm

(Alright, thanks guys! ^.^)

Suddenly, from somewhere below Leila, a female voice rang out, saying, "Let nature's wrath strike from the heavens down to the land below!!" After the sentence ended, a huge blue bolt of lightning came crashing down from above the fairy. It was likely to hit her if she didn't move.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:53 pm

Leila yelped and warped out of the bolt's way and into some thicker overgrowth. "Who's there? I do not mean you any harm. So please, don't be afraid." She looked around, stretching out her magic sensing senses to try and find whoever had cast the spell. She knew the person would probably be easier to find that way since they had just cast a spell, and any left over magical aura would still be there.

(Lol, I just learned something with that post. I have no clue how fairies use their magic to hunt and find hidden people. XD)
Back to top Go down
Chihiro Fujisaki
Temple scourge
Temple scourge

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:26 am

Damien growled upon hearing the commotion, standing up as he spoke aloud to Leila. "Return me to normal, I will burn the surrounding trees to the ground! It will make your job easier won't it?" He asked with a small smirk, eager to join the excitement and expecting she would do as he asked, and not deny his request.

Elliot paused as he motioned for the group to stop, sensing the fight easier than most people would be able to as he looked to them. "Don't move to quickly, approach with caution and do not fire unless I tell yout to." He ordered as he moved forward again, quickening his pace.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:26 am

Leila nodded and lowered her voice so only Damien can hear her. "Will do. Remember though, if you find whoever is attacking it is more preferable to have them alive then dead. For one thing we can question them. Or we might even be able to convince them to join us. At the very least I like my meals to be alive and squirming when I eat them." She opens the bag and Damien can see that there is a very predatory grin on her face and gleam in her eyes. In fact, the fairy looking down on him now seems like an entirely different fairy then the one who put him into the bag, though her natural features like hair and eye color are the same. Leila gently lifts Damien out of the bag and silently warps him away to flank where she heard the voice come from. The human is back to his original height. She raises her voice again. "I ask once more, who are you, where are you, and why are you attacking me? I still mean you no harm."
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:33 am

Kira, the one who cast the spell, was at the moment lying face-down on the ground and half-conscious. She couldn't answer Leila at all, though the fairy would probably be able to feel her magical signature quite clearly.
Back to top Go down
franky-wolf
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:51 am

"Lightning? That certainly is odd. I haven't seen a cloud all day." Dangeal said quietly following Elliot. He moved quickly and quietly behind D as D seemed to be shivering. "D whats wrong?" Asked Dangeal.
"Nothing. It's just that we're ganna get into the first fight of our adventure and I'm excited!" D exclaimed with an excited whisper.
"How do you know?" Whispered Dangeal.
"Why else would lighting strike in a clear day? Also Elliot kinda pointed it out." D explained as she was right behind Elliot hoping to see the fight between the fairy ad whatever had caused the lightning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chihiro Fujisaki
Temple scourge
Temple scourge

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:56 pm

Damien scanned the environment in a fraction of a second, using his eyes to detect anything he may see as he spotted someone, zooming in and seeing the heat signature coming from the humanoid shaped body he smirked, looking over to Leila. "Can you sense her? Because I can see her, right over there, looks like a Neko to me, the tail." He said smirking, fire swirling around his waist, dancing as if it ready to fire forth at any moment, heading towards the body, wondering why it was on the ground, and not moving.

Elliot looked up into the trees, spotting Damien quite easily as they arrived on the scene, he never made an effort to hide himself, he looked back to D and Dangeal, motioning for them to go ahead. "Follow Damien, make sure he doesn't do anything.....stupid, any attackers I want alive, at least for me to question them." He said not wanting to dirty his own hand, it wasn't his style to join a fight when he could order someone else to do it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:16 pm

Leila nodded. She silently flew down, landed behind the Neko, and waited for the Neko to move. After a few minutes of waiting, she shot Damien a confused look. "Did you hit her or something?" Not waiting for an answer, she cast a few spells to determine if Kira was dead or dying.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:10 am

Just as Leila was about to perform her magic, Kira stirred, letting out a groan of pain. She attempted to push herself upright with her arms, and let out a series of coughs from breathing in a small bit of dirt. If Leila went through with her spells, they would tell her that Kira wasn't anywhere near being dead.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:07 pm

Leila stopped mid-spell. "Ok...guess I don't have to check..." She floated quietly over to Kira, quickly checking her own protective spells and . "Alright Neko, do as I say and no-one will get hurt, alright? Now, I want you to slowly sit up and put your hands behind your back. If you try to cast a spell, you will be shot. If you try to attack me, you will be shot. If you try to escape, you will be caught and possibly eaten. Is that understood?"
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:22 pm

"Fuck you, I just blasted myself with my own lightning spell, I'm in a huge amount of pain and I am NOT in the mood," Kira answered belligerently. She heaved herself upright and sat up, then pounded her fist into the ground, making an angry expression. "Why can't I make that damn spell work properly?!!" she screamed in her head.
Back to top Go down
Chihiro Fujisaki
Temple scourge
Temple scourge

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:16 pm

Damien looked to the girl with a raised eyebrow, chuckling softly as he stood on a tree branch above them, shaking his head softly. "So you were just testing out a spell then? Quite unique, it looked very powerful, if it worked correctly I might have actually been worried." He said calmly jumping down the 10 feet to the ground, landing fairley nimbly as he walked to the Neko's side. "I hardly ever ask this to someone, because they are usually dead by now, but, what is your name?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Enemies in the Midst   

Back to top Go down

Enemies in the Midst
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 35Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 35  Next