Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If you could take 5 things to Felarya...

Go down 
+11
luke112
Karbo
Nickonaquamagna
Archmage_Bael
Stabs
Beefnautz
TheArchvile
walkingbyself
thejackle123
parameciumkid
Amaroq
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Amaroq
Great warrior
Great warrior
Amaroq

If you could take 5 things to Felarya...  Empty
PostSubject: If you could take 5 things to Felarya...    If you could take 5 things to Felarya...  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:49 am

Imagine you're going to the world of Felarya and you were only allowed to take 5 things with you, what would it be? Maybe also say WHY you would tahe these 3 things, if their purpose is not entirely clear.

Please note that you need to have access to those 5 things, so sorry folks, no RPGs and no magical protection charms or similar stuff. geek

I would probably take...

A shelter-half from my time in the military. Basically a water proof plane with some holes at its sides and tent pegs, it's always good since it serves as concealment and protection against the rain when wearing it as a poncho and at the same time you may use it to built a tent for the night. It can also be used to catch some rainwater if there is no other water source nearby or to conceal a hole in the ground that may be used as a shelter as well.

A large backpack in order to have a room for all the stuff I carry with me. It's always good to have this kind of thing.

A large bottle of water, made of plastic so it can't break. Obvious Reason I guess. :-)

A swiss Army knife that serves as a multitool, complete with a knife, a small saw, different kinds of other small tools and needles.

and last but not least a katana (in my country we dont have access to firearms... :-/ ) for personal protection against smaller creatures and plants.

Now, what would you take? :3
Back to top Go down
http://xxamaroqxx.deviantart.com
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: If you could take 5 things to Felarya...    If you could take 5 things to Felarya...  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 11:53 am

Define "access". Do we need to own these items, or do they need to be easily obtainable, or must they simply exist in real life?
Back to top Go down
http://helia.net63.net
thejackle123
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
thejackle123

PostSubject: Re: If you could take 5 things to Felarya...    If you could take 5 things to Felarya...  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 11:57 am

parameciumkid wrote:
Define "access". Do we need to own these items, or do they need to be easily obtainable, or must they simply exist in real life?

Well the 'no RPG's' seems to indicate that you either have to own it or it be easily obtainable.
Back to top Go down
walkingbyself
Great warrior
Great warrior
walkingbyself

PostSubject: Re: If you could take 5 things to Felarya...    If you could take 5 things to Felarya...  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 12:07 pm

Let's see... I would take:

1. A towel
2. Backpack (Hold stuff)
3. Machete (sharp blade meant to cut things that a sword isn't)
4. Sharpening stone
5. Idiots guide to surviving Felarya (Whenever someone writes it and it becomes available in hard or soft back books Razz)
Back to top Go down
http://walkingbyself.deviantart.com/
TheArchvile
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
TheArchvile

PostSubject: Re: If you could take 5 things to Felarya...    If you could take 5 things to Felarya...  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 2:41 pm

Rope

A plastic water bottle.

A gun, probably a high caliber hunting rifle chambered in something like  .416 or  .458 WM if we're sticking to guns I know I can obtain and fire easily. There are also a few .50 bmg rifles I've seen for sale here in Canada but they're really heavy and I've never tried shooting one, especially not standing up... I'm a big guy but there are limits Razz

A Kukri-style Machete, good for clearing brush and even chopping wood and digging, would also come in handy for defense.

A bottle of capsiacin-laced oil. The substance that makes chilli peppers hot... Evil laugh
Back to top Go down
Beefnautz
Marauder of the deep jungle
Beefnautz

PostSubject: Re: If you could take 5 things to Felarya...    If you could take 5 things to Felarya...  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 3:12 pm

Water bottle

Duct Tape, it's a multi purpose tool if you know how to use it

Duct Tape

Duct Tape, can't get enough of it Razz

Revolver, a quick shot to the head would be better than getting eaten and slowly burning to death... at least in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: If you could take 5 things to Felarya...    If you could take 5 things to Felarya...  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 3:33 pm

Beefnautz wrote:
Revolver, a quick shot to the head would be better than getting eaten and slowly burning to death... at least in my opinion.
You know... shooting yourself in the head is a tad harder than they make it look in TV. Having a gun might actually make your death more awful- there's the whole "not being able to do it" thing. Not a pretty thing to go through right before dying.
Back to top Go down
Beefnautz
Beefnautz

PostSubject: Re: If you could take 5 things to Felarya...    If you could take 5 things to Felarya...  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 3:44 pm

Stabs wrote:
Beefnautz wrote:
You know... shooting yourself in the head is a tad harder than they make it look in TV. Having a gun might actually make your death more awful- there's the whole "not being able to do it" thing. Not a pretty thing to go through right before dying.

Ah I see, what would you recommend then Stabs?
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: If you could take 5 things to Felarya...    If you could take 5 things to Felarya...  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 4:05 pm

Beefnautz wrote:
Ah I see, what would you recommend then Stabs?

I recommend you struggle. Razz

Alternatively, I recommend you don't kill yourself.

More seriously, I'd recommend you to bring a bottle of water. You can make do without food for a bit, but the water will get you out of a lot of pinches.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: If you could take 5 things to Felarya...    If you could take 5 things to Felarya...  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 5:15 pm

Hm,

a bottle of whiskey.
a bottle of rum.
a bottle of sake.
a bottle of vodka.
a bottle of mouthwash.

more seriously though, probably water, and probably something valuable enough to get some money to work with if I survive getting to negav (like a sword), and a burritozilla for the trip. probably something sentimental, and a print out map so I have some idea where I am XD
Back to top Go down
Nickonaquamagna
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Nickonaquamagna

PostSubject: Re: If you could take 5 things to Felarya...    If you could take 5 things to Felarya...  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 5:42 pm

If I could take 5 things with me to Felarya, I'd bring the R.Y.N.O. 1,2,3,4 & 5.

Oh, wait... We have to bring things that are real, right? Hmmmmmmmmm.......
Back to top Go down
http://nickinamerica.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: If you could take 5 things to Felarya...    If you could take 5 things to Felarya...  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 1:21 am

walkingbyself wrote:

1. A towel

Now here is a true traveller ! lol! ( refererence to the Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy ? XP )
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
walkingbyself
Great warrior
Great warrior
walkingbyself

PostSubject: Re: If you could take 5 things to Felarya...    If you could take 5 things to Felarya...  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 6:36 am

Karbo wrote:
walkingbyself wrote:

1. A towel

Now here is a true traveller ! lol! ( refererence to the Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy ? XP )

Yes ^_^

Never leave your planet without it.
Back to top Go down
http://walkingbyself.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: If you could take 5 things to Felarya...    If you could take 5 things to Felarya...  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 5:15 pm

Karbo wrote:
walkingbyself wrote:

1. A towel

...I wonder what Karbo would bring. A sketch book? :3
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: If you could take 5 things to Felarya...    If you could take 5 things to Felarya...  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 7:48 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
Karbo wrote:
walkingbyself wrote:

1. A towel

...I wonder what Karbo would bring. A sketch book? :3

Maybe, but then agian everything he draws would then become real Very Happy .... wait that could be a bad thing.... o_0

Lets see, I would bring

1. a ghille suit.
2. a speacial forces survival kit.
3 a poncho
4. a desert egale (the .50 cal pistol for those who dont know) with about half a dozen spare clips of ammuntion
5. a keval vest with tataical pouchs.
Back to top Go down
MetaSkipper
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
MetaSkipper

PostSubject: Re: If you could take 5 things to Felarya...    If you could take 5 things to Felarya...  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 7:13 pm

1. Nuke
2. Nuke
3. Nuke
4. Nuke
5. Button

EDIT:
1. Laptop
2. Porta-Internet
3. Expendable Friend
4. Knife
5. Fluffly Pillow

Last edited by MetaSkipper on Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Beefnautz
Beefnautz

PostSubject: Re: If you could take 5 things to Felarya...    If you could take 5 things to Felarya...  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 8:57 pm

MetaSkipper wrote:
1. Nuke
2. Nuke
3. Nuke
4. Nuke
5. Button

I get that you're joking here, but you could at least put what you would have brought along in your post
Back to top Go down
Sehoolighan
Survivor
Survivor
Sehoolighan

PostSubject: Re: If you could take 5 things to Felarya...    If you could take 5 things to Felarya...  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 10:38 pm

I shall stick with things that are actually within bedroom.

1.Bag (One must carry junk somewhere)
2.Clip-on drinking bottle (Way of Life #3: Always keep drink handy)
3.Guitar (Music soothes de savage beast, also handy if one knows de way of El Kabong)
4.Eight ball (Guidance by sun or stars can be quite tricky once trees cover de sky, Eight ball can somewhat keep you on a good path, it also helps keep on sane from being lonely... as well as handy throwing object)
5.Blanket (Not as durable as towel, but can be just as versatile and more fluffy)
Back to top Go down
http://sehoolighan.deviantart.com/
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: If you could take 5 things to Felarya...    If you could take 5 things to Felarya...  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 2:09 am

1- A dagger I bought once in Toledo

2- A bag with extra clothes and my favourite foodstuffs

3- My favourite books

Nothing else, since it's obvious I'm going to die horribly I better make the most out of it in the mean time Laughing
Back to top Go down
Boris92
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Boris92

PostSubject: Re: If you could take 5 things to Felarya...    If you could take 5 things to Felarya...  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 11:41 am

1: A fully loaded AC-130H Spectre (I will be working with them and ON them very soon, so yes, that will be available.)
2: Water bottle, full.
3: Backpack (for obvious reasons.)
4: 9MM pistol
5: The lucky Jedi Credit (JedCred) that came with my copy of The Jedi Path.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you could take 5 things to Felarya...    If you could take 5 things to Felarya...  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you could take 5 things to Felarya...
Page 1 of 1