Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Temperatures in Felarya

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Amaroq
Great warrior
Great warrior
Amaroq

Temperatures in Felarya Empty
PostSubject: Temperatures in Felarya   Temperatures in Felarya Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 1:00 pm

Sooo I wondered... just how is the clima in Felarya, how are the temperatures? I know that the akaptor desert is probably very hot, but does Felarya have different climatic zones and just what is the average temperature / weather conditions in certain regions? Does it even differ at all and if yes, with what sheme? North to south? Sea to inland? East to west? Random? Does the temperature change drastically over night?

I am particularly interested in:

Topazial Sea
Negav
Great tree
Direwind Hills
Misty glade
Evernight Forest
Fairy kingdom
Ur-Sagol

Since People go around all naked one would think that it must be pretty warm around EVERYWHERE, but then again Felarya doesnt know illness, so it would be impossible to catch a cold anyway, meaning it would probably just be very uncomfortable. But then again, mostly Giants should have a skin so thick that it protects them from the cold and there are a lot of people who have really thick clothing, which means it can't be too hot either. Also I didn't hear much about many forest burns, so that also speaks against a too hot enviroment. Also characters dont seem to sweat very often, but they also dont freeze either.

Please try to give answers in fahreinheit AND celsius degree since most of the people cannot understand both measurements. Or at least give some rough opinion like "tropic" or "subtropic" etc.

Back to top Go down
http://xxamaroqxx.deviantart.com
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: Temperatures in Felarya   Temperatures in Felarya Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 8:21 pm

I don't know but I imagine that Felarya is generally balmy to warm, but not extremely hot, and very humid, hence the motivation to be nude and the general lack of forest fires. Also I hear that the forest inhabitants, especially Dryads, take pains to keep the forest from ever catching fire on a large scale.
Back to top Go down
http://helia.net63.net
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Temperatures in Felarya   Temperatures in Felarya Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 3:59 pm

Well, jungles are typically on the warmer side, forests not so much, but that has to due with geographical placement. Still I imagine Felarya would be pretty warm all-around just to make it easier to explain why so many giants are naked. Though, honestly, there arent giant sized cotton plants for predators to use for cloth. However, that's reserved for a different conversation...

The trees are tall and thick, often to the point of blocking out the sun, honestly, I think it'd be cool. The warmth would probably be near the tops of the trees, though heat rises, but I still cant picture the forests falling below 70 Fahrenheit (not my fault that I still use this system, blame my government) on average.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Temperatures in Felarya   Temperatures in Felarya Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Temperatures in Felarya
Page 1 of 1