Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weird things that come to mind when reading Felarya stuff...

Go down 
+8
Feadraug
Malahite
Pendragon
DarkOne
Archmage_Bael
McKindle
HeavenlessStar
Greyman
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Greyman
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

Weird things that come to mind when reading Felarya stuff... Empty
PostSubject: Weird things that come to mind when reading Felarya stuff...   Weird things that come to mind when reading Felarya stuff... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 10:31 am

I was reading Felarya 5 again the other day, and for some reason, Vivian's frequent burping made me think of the Simpsons sound effect for burping:

Seriously, that's the best burp sound effect ever. And every time I go back to read #5, I hear that coming from Vivian. Plenty of other instances of burping in Felarya canon, but only Vivian did this to me. She has a strange effect on people.

Oh yeah, and when Anna calls her 'Ms. Smartypants', and Vivian's reaction is basically 'Durrr, what are pants?'...THIS naturally sprang to mind:

In hindsight: Tom Servo should've said this: "VIVIAN! One of the smartest predators in Felarya! Does she wear pants? NO! But she wishes she did! That's how smart she is!"
Back to top Go down
HeavenlessStar
Helpless prey
HeavenlessStar

PostSubject: Re: Weird things that come to mind when reading Felarya stuff...   Weird things that come to mind when reading Felarya stuff... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 11:16 am

Good lord, how many times have you read it? It's only natural that various things are going to come to mind the more you look at something because your thoughts begin to wander. The more you look at it, the more random thoughts are going to occur. Razz

And there is a thread for the manga, just so ya know.
Back to top Go down
Greyman
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

PostSubject: Re: Weird things that come to mind when reading Felarya stuff...   Weird things that come to mind when reading Felarya stuff... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 11:39 am

This topic is about ANYTHING Felarya-related, not just the manga.
Back to top Go down
McKindle
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
McKindle

PostSubject: Re: Weird things that come to mind when reading Felarya stuff...   Weird things that come to mind when reading Felarya stuff... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 3:41 pm

It's probably just me running too far with the description of Vivian as having a "sensual, throaty voice" but I always read her lines in my head as being said by Chara.

Love your burp thing! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Weird things that come to mind when reading Felarya stuff...   Weird things that come to mind when reading Felarya stuff... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 3:50 pm

yeah that's about what I imagined, too.
Back to top Go down
Greyman
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

PostSubject: Re: Weird things that come to mind when reading Felarya stuff...   Weird things that come to mind when reading Felarya stuff... Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 9:47 am

This is kinda going in reverse here....

The other day, I saw the screen for Breaking Bad, where the Periodic Table entries for barium and bromine spell out the first two letters in the title. So out of boredom, I tried to see which characters' names could be spelled out entirely with Table entries...

CrISiS (chromium, iodine, silicon, sulfur)
SUBeTa (sulfur, uramium, beryllium, tantalum)
SeLiKY (selenium, lithium, potassium, yttrium)
ISHAm (iodine, sulfur, hydrogen, americium)
CaLiNa (calcium, lithium, sodium)
FIONa (fluorine, iodine, oxygen, sodium)
SCaLa (sulfur, calcium, lathanum)
CLaIRe (carbon, lathanum, iodine, rhenium)
NiKITa (nickel, potassium, iodine, tantalum)

Randomness and boredom strike again!
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: Weird things that come to mind when reading Felarya stuff...   Weird things that come to mind when reading Felarya stuff... Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 10:48 am

Is it werid for me to read an Felarya story, and after getting quite far think "WHY Y U NO HAVE WOMAN EATING PEOPLE?????!!"

Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Weird things that come to mind when reading Felarya stuff...   Weird things that come to mind when reading Felarya stuff... Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 8:21 am

When I think of Crisis happily slithering through the forest, I'm constantly reminded of those old 1950's cartoons where there's a baby/blind guy in a construction site and they're just barely avoiding accidents left and right.
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: Weird things that come to mind when reading Felarya stuff...   Weird things that come to mind when reading Felarya stuff... Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 6:24 pm

Also my thought pattern as I read about human characters one by one in badly written Felaryan fiction

Idiot

Idiot

bastard

idiot bastard

bastard

too stupid to live

idiot

bastard

has military fetish

has military fetish

has military fetish

has military fetish

has military fetish

idiot

decent human character for once

has military fetish

has military fetish

has military fetish

has military fetish and too stupid to live

idiot

idot

too stupid to live and bastard
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Weird things that come to mind when reading Felarya stuff...   Weird things that come to mind when reading Felarya stuff... Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 9:20 pm

Consider that most human characters in stories exist to either be Prey (in which case writers don't want to feel bad about killing off a character, especially if it's a Vore-related submission) or to show how misunderstood / oppressed / right their non-human character is (or, alternatively, how progressive their human character is).
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: Weird things that come to mind when reading Felarya stuff...   Weird things that come to mind when reading Felarya stuff... Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 7:07 am

I am not saying I don't understand it. I wasn't that bothered about it for the first couple of stories.........but after a while it really becomes repetitive. I guess that's all I was just trying to say.

Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: Weird things that come to mind when reading Felarya stuff...   Weird things that come to mind when reading Felarya stuff... Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 8:17 am

The military fetish thing is something I don't understand... maybe because I'm quite selective with the stories I read, but I haven't seen that much of this stereotype, yet I can't place it in Felarya unless it's some SpecOps group with an actual backstory that explains why such group exists.

Still, bad fiction in general makes a horrible job at character development. Couple it with what Malahite says and there you, repetitive human stereotypes too stupid or bastard to live and finding their end at the bottom of some giant girl-thing's stomach. And also, some of us might have use these stereotypes yet we didn't write bad fiction, yet this kind of character might work for some situations. Problem comes, of course, when they abuse of it, either because they need a prey for their vore fetish or because their character development skills aren't good at all.
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Weird things that come to mind when reading Felarya stuff...   Weird things that come to mind when reading Felarya stuff... Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 8:44 am

I tried averting that in my stories, but how well I did varies depending on how well I developed them. and I'm not sure if I did a perfect job.
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: Weird things that come to mind when reading Felarya stuff...   Weird things that come to mind when reading Felarya stuff... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 4:41 pm

I find it really werid when alot (and I mean alot) of authors have their main characters from another world outside from felarya.

It's like almost everyone is scared of writing a felarya story from the perspecive of someone who isn't a stranger, even though that would surely be more interesting? for people interested in writing a felarya story, many certainly like writing characters that have nothing to do with the world. As if the human socities that live in Felarya everyday of their lives arn't worth writing about except as a backdrop of unknown faces.
Back to top Go down
Ravana3k
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Ravana3k

PostSubject: Re: Weird things that come to mind when reading Felarya stuff...   Weird things that come to mind when reading Felarya stuff... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 8:05 pm

I think the very thankful fact of using a character from outside Felarya is that you can roll up the whole impact and imagination this strange worlds gives on this character (damn I hope you know what I tried to say ...)

I have some few native Felaryans but most of my OC's come from different worlds. So I can use some special kind of story-elements; like coming along with the new enviroment etc. But it also helps a lot to introduce the world to people who aren't familiar with Felarya (and yeah there are quite a lot). If you write from the Point of View of a character who is also new to this world, it's much easier to get used to it.
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: Weird things that come to mind when reading Felarya stuff...   Weird things that come to mind when reading Felarya stuff... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 9:44 am

Ravana3k wrote:
I think the very thankful fact of using a character from outside Felarya is that you can roll up the whole impact and imagination this strange worlds gives on this character (damn I hope you know what I tried to say ...)

I have some few native Felaryans but most of my OC's come from different worlds. So I can use some special kind of story-elements; like coming along with the new enviroment etc. But it also helps a lot to introduce the world to people who aren't familiar with Felarya (and yeah there are quite a lot). If you write from the Point of View of a character who is also new to this world, it's much easier to get used to it.

Well I do understand the reason for such stories to exist and do think it's good for Felarya Newbies to get into the world, but I am saying that the fact that so many people write this way can rob the depth from the world from the people who are already somewhat familar with the setting, as they spend most their story reading time re-learning the same stuff and the same kind of stories over again and over again. And alot of the time it simply serves to make the people of Felarya look patheticly incompetent as it almost seems that the natives of the world are actaully more likely to die than the outsiders who know next to nothing about the place.

That's why in my story, my main character is from Negav and the reader learning of her past on Felarya and how someone with her experaice goes about on her adventures is the main part of the story, but for the benifit of newer readers I gave her a sidekick from another world who can give the occational outsider commentary that woulden't be brought up otherwise. This way I can explore the alienness of felarya from the sidekick's perspective, but the main character actaully being from Felarya anchors most of the reader's focous on the world itself and provides a story where the world can get by without unrelated heroes from other places coming to save the day all the time
Back to top Go down
CrisisOperations
Naga food
CrisisOperations

PostSubject: Re: Weird things that come to mind when reading Felarya stuff...   Weird things that come to mind when reading Felarya stuff... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 5:28 pm

This i getting off topic...
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: Weird things that come to mind when reading Felarya stuff...   Weird things that come to mind when reading Felarya stuff... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 1:14 pm

The main topic was kinda dying, I was trying to keep it afloat by changing tact slightly.
Back to top Go down
Venom Agato
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Venom Agato

PostSubject: Re: Weird things that come to mind when reading Felarya stuff...   Weird things that come to mind when reading Felarya stuff... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 5:10 pm

Lol that's hilarious to think it would sound like that. XD Imagine if her facial expression was the same as Barney's too.
Back to top Go down
http://bioshockreborn.proboards.com
JohnboyX
Helpless prey
JohnboyX

PostSubject: Re: Weird things that come to mind when reading Felarya stuff...   Weird things that come to mind when reading Felarya stuff... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 8:57 am

Greyman wrote:

Seriously, that's the best burp sound effect ever. And every time I go back to read #5, I hear that coming from Vivian. Plenty of other instances of burping in Felarya canon, but only Vivian did this to me. She has a strange effect on people.

Yup that's Vivian for ya Very Happy . Funny thing is I just started to imagine how it would be like to hang out with her if she were my female (human of course Wink ) buddy/girlfriend and we were drinking some beers while watching a movie at my place.

Her constant *burping* whenever I do this first of course being pretty conspicuous and pretty unusual for a HOOOOT looking woman like her sweatdrop .

Weird I know lol! but bringing Vivian in relation with Barney Gumbles unique belch-sound also sounds like a pretty funny comparison Laughing .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weird things that come to mind when reading Felarya stuff...   Weird things that come to mind when reading Felarya stuff... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weird things that come to mind when reading Felarya stuff...
Page 1 of 1