Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Harpy wiki entry

Go down 
+8
2Ron2R
brothejr
Slimetoad
FalconJudge
rcs619
Archmage_Bael
Shady Knight
TheLightLost
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Harpy wiki entry - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harpy wiki entry   Harpy wiki entry - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 10:06 am

Yeah and me I said right in that same post that I was open to suggestions to reword the entry but apparently it was more satisfying to continue to rant and accusing me of stuff >_>
anyway I'm cool with reworking it to reflect it's a cultural aspect.
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: Harpy wiki entry   Harpy wiki entry - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 10:27 am

I wasn't going to suggest another way to say it because I was not in favor of making harpies known for their bad tempers. It wasn't in the proposed version of the wiki entry that I wrote at all. I don't see why I would suddenly support that as a species or a cultural trait. That's not to say I'm closed minded, I just need a good reason to change my opinion. I didn't get one such reason though and that was a problem. Anyway, it's over now.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Harpy wiki entry   Harpy wiki entry - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 1:50 pm

This is an example of miscommunication. Let's not dwell on it, instead try to keep it from happening again and sort this out now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Harpy wiki entry   Harpy wiki entry - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 2:16 pm

Just wanna say, I think my posts on the matter were awesome and reasonable.

So long as it's made clear that the harpies' reputation is largely based on hearsay and rumor, I think it's fine. It also creates a lot of ways for dealing with that potential misconception.

Let's face it, harpies are a somewhat abrasive, unpredictable people at times. I could easily understand how they could be misconstrued as rude or imposing, even without taking their language into account. Personally I think a human-sized harpy would be a fun friend once you got used to her, and accepted that she's probably going to dominate the conversation a good bit of the time, and poke fun at you here and there. Just a boisterous kind of people... which can sometimes be misunderstood as rude or abrasive.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Harpy wiki entry   Harpy wiki entry - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 11:08 am

What I want to know is, are harpies able to describe their language and traditions to people who don't get them, or do they find it odd that other people don't speak the same way? ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harpy wiki entry   Harpy wiki entry - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harpy wiki entry
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4